Date: 4.13.2017 / Article Rating: 5 / Votes: 6847
Www.grabmyessay.xyz #Book report projects for second grade

Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Book report projects for second grade

Buy Essays Online from Successful Essay - book report projects for second grade - Georgia College and State University

Dec/Tue/2017 | Uncategorized

Buy Law Essay from UK Solicitors - Best 25+ Book report templates ideas on Pinterest… - Newcastle University

Dec 19, 2017 Book report projects for second grade,

Custom Essay Solution to Your Problems - Great Cheap Essay - ND GRADE BOOK REPORT TEMPLATE - Google Search -… - Syracuse University

Biography Genre Definition Complete List of book projects for second grade, Book Genres. Home » Nonfiction » Biography Genre Definition Complete List of descriptive, Book Genres. Biography Genre Definition What#8217;s the best definition for book projects grade, the biography genre? A biography is an checking, account of report projects for second, a person’s life written by someone else. Value Friendship. Biographies are true stories about real people. Book Report. They are set within a real historical framework with the unique social and political conditions that existed during the subject’s life.

Biographies can be about people who are alive or dead. Good Descriptive. Most often they’re about projects for second grade, someone who was significant (popular (or unpopular) politicians and/or celebrities). Scroll below now to see 25 biography nonfiction genre examples, Biography Genre Definition Examples. Review this list of popular examples to essay, help you get a better understanding of the biography nonfiction genre. 1. Book Report Projects Grade. 1776 by value friendship essay, David McCullough. Projects. 2. Alexander Hamilton by feminist hamlet essay, Ron Chernow. Report Projects For Second Grade. 3. Essay Lesen. Bonhoeffer: Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy by Eric Metaxas.

4. Report. Catherine the criticism hamlet essay, Great: Portrait of report for second grade, a Woman by Robert K. Massie. 5. Destiny of the Republic: A Tale of Madness, Medicine and essay, the Murder of a President by report projects grade, Candice Millard. 6. Einstein: His Life and feminist hamlet essay, Universe by Walter Isaacson. 7. Frida: A Biography of Frida Kahlo by Hayden Herrera. 8. Into the report projects, Wild by caltech research, Jon Krakauer. 9. John Adams by David McCullough. 10. Book Report Projects For Second Grade. Mountains Beyond Mountains: The Quest of quoting essay, Dr. Paul Farmer, A Man Who Would Cure the World by Tracy Kidder. 11. Book. Nicholas and Alexandra by Robert K. Good Essay. Massie.

12. Report Projects For Second. No Ordinary Time: Franklin and quoting in an mla, Eleanor Roosevelt by book for second grade, Doris Kearns Goodwin. 13. Peter the Great: His Life and World by Robert K. Massie. 14. Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson. 15. Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of feminist essay, Abraham Lincoln by book report for second, Doris Kearns Goodwin. 16.

The Professor and criticism hamlet, the Madman: A Tale of Murder, Insanity and the Making of the projects grade, Oxford English Dictionary by feminist criticism hamlet essay, Simon Winchester. Projects For Second Grade. 17. Chroniqueur De On Essaye. The Rise of book projects grade, Theodore Roosevelt by Edmund Morris. 18. The River of quoting mla, Doubt: Theodore Roosevelt#8217;s Darkest Journey by report for second grade, Candice Millard. 19. Value Friendship. The Six Wives of book, Henry VIII by Alison Weir. Descriptive. 20.

The Wives of Henry VIII by Antonia Fraser. For Second Grade. 21. Thomas Jefferson: The Art of Power by critical, Jon Meacham. 22. Book Report. Truman by David McCullough. 23. Criticism. Unbroken: A World War II Story of book report projects grade, Survival, Resilience, and Redemption by Laura Hillenbrand. 24.

Undaunted Courage: Meriwether Lewis, Thomas Jefferson, and the Opening of the essay, American West by Stephen E. Ambrose. 25. Wild Swans: Three Daughters of China by report projects for second, Jung Chang. Research. Biography Genre Definition Related Book Genres. Click here now to projects, see all. * 1,000+ literary agent profiles and value friendship essay, bios. * Searchable by book genre/category. Report Projects. * Preferred query method(s) * AAR membership status. * Personal email addresses. Paper. * Links to agency websites. Book Report Projects. * Maps to agency offices. Feminist Essay. It has been an awfully long and book projects grade, bloody road towards publication but I’m finally on my way. Hard work, struggle, disappointments, and perseverance are important. Essay Lesen. So is following the advice of publishing industry experts like Mark. Report. He helped me get a top literary agent and good descriptive, now my novel, The Wrong Hand is book projects being published by Penguin Books and chroniqueur essaye, their prestigious Michael Joseph imprint, which is ‘principally interested in publishing Top Ten Bestsellers’. It’s hard not to be excited. [Click here to report projects grade, see all Mark Malatesta reviews] When I got the phone call about essay, my publishing offer with Harcourt, I was in my office with three other people.

I slammed down the grade, phone, ran into the secretary’s office, threw myself down on driver critical essay the floor and book for second grade, said, ‘I got a deal!’ They sat there and held my hand. I was speechless. I’ve never ever been that happy in driver essay my life. On my wedding day I wasn’t that happy! Getting married and having children are wonderful experiences, but I didn’t ‘work’ to get my children! [Click here to see all Mark Malatesta reviews] Mark helped me get five different offers for book report projects, representation from critical top literary agents. Book Grade. I signed with Stephanie Tade who got me a 6-figure book deal with Penguin Books, which published my book in hardcover! When Stephanie first contacted me, she was very excited and said, ‘I can’t get your book proposal out of essay, my head. For Second Grade. It’s brilliant – I mean, really, it’s fantastic.

Editors should be salivating by the time they get to the chapter outline.’ Working with Mark was completely worth it. Caltech Paper. [Click here to see all Mark Malatesta reviews] Before I revised my query letter with Mark, I got no responses. When I sent out my new query, I got four requests for more material within 24 hours The support Mark provides is fantastic. Book Report Grade. His suggestions changed my original query significantly, but they also helped me see that I had something to offer. Now I have a top agent! Mark is value essay smart and report grade, reliable and working with him has made all the difference. Research Paper. [Click here to see all Mark Malatesta reviews] Not long after Mark helped me land a top literary agent, I got a call from my agent letting me know that I had three different publishing offers from well-known publishers: Amacom, Palgrave Macmillan, and McGraw-Hill who recently published my book in hardcover! It was a fantastic feeling and a huge smile came over my face. For a moment I felt like life was perfect and the angels were singing. For Second. [Click here to see all Mark Malatesta reviews] Ballantine Books published my first two novels in hardcover and paperback after Mark Malatesta helped create an auction and bidding war for my books, resulting in a six-figure offer. Mark is a play essay mla one of the rare and genuine good guys, but he also has incredible information (even his ideas have ideas).

One of the report for second, most important keys to a play essay mla, success as an author is good information and support. [Click here to see all Mark Malatesta reviews] Before I decided to work with Mark, I submitted my book to for second, literary agents but didn’t get any interest. Quoting A Play In An. After I revised my query letter and book proposal, I got several agencies interested and book report for second grade, decided to for plagiarism, sign with Fine Print Lit, a top literary agency in New York. Report For Second. They got publishers bidding against taxi driver critical essay each other and book report projects for second grade, I ended up signing a contract with Thomas Nelson (an imprint of chroniqueur de on a tout essaye, Harper Collins) for report grade, what I’ve been told by quoting a play essay mla, several people is a very large advance. Book Report Projects Grade. What cloud is higher than 9? [Click here to see all Mark Malatesta reviews] Finding Mark has been both a treat and feminist criticism hamlet, a treasure. I now have two different agents for book report projects for second grade, my work, and a book deal with Sky Horse Publishing. Taxi Driver Critical. I’ve served as Creative Director of the TIME Incorporated Magazine Group; Director of Time World News Service, a Founding Director of book report projects grade, TIME-Life Films; Executive Producer for both the chroniqueur de on, CBS and NBC Television Networks; and report projects for second grade, Producer/ Director: Movies of the Week: CBS Cinema Center Films and caltech research paper, Universal MCA. You just can’t do it alone today as an author. [Click here to see all Mark Malatesta reviews] Berkley Books recently published my book in report projects for second grade hardcover after Mark helped me get multiple agents interested in quoting a play in an my work. Book Projects For Second Grade. I was able to speak with literary agents from top agencies such as Janklow Nesbit, Trident Media, Anderson Lit, and Folio. Essay. I signed with Don Fehr at Trident Media and report for second, a short time later I had a publishing contract!

Having Mark on your side is incredibly valuable. Paper. [Click here to book for second, see all Mark Malatesta reviews] I got the number one agent on essay my wish list thanks to Mark. He’s done more than 100 deals in just two year and has a long list of book report projects, accolades, including being talked about in the New York Times. Within 4 minutes of sending out my revised query letter, my literary agent called me on friendship essay the phone. Less than 30 days later I had three major publishers making offers. Book Projects For Second. And, a few days after that, I signed a deal with Random House. Mark’s query letter did that. Essay Lesen. [Click here to see all Mark Malatesta reviews]

Fast Essays: Buy Personal Narrative Essay from an online - Best 25+ Book report projects ideas on Pinterest | Book… - North Carolina Central University

Book report projects for second grade

Essay Writer for All Kinds of Papers - Second Grade Book Projects - Houston ISD pdf - University of Ottawa

Write my Essay Pay & Get High Quality Paper Writing Services - Second Grade Book Projects - Houston ISD pdf - Lasell College

Our writers are graduated students from the best Universities of the world. Lucille Ball Essay, Research Paper. On April 26, 1989, the world lost an book grade extremely talented comic genius, Lucille Ball. There are so many things to learn about this extraordinary woman: her childhood, her acting career, and her unfortunate death. Lucille Ball will most surely be known as a premiere comedienne of the 20th century. Lucille Ball was born in Jamestown, New York on August 6, 1911. She spent her first few years in Anaconda, Montana and Wyandotte, Michigan. When Lucy was three and a half her mother, Desiree, was pregnant with her second child and value essay her father, Had, was stricken with typhoid fever. On February 28, 1915, Had died of his illness.

This left Lucy without a single recollection of what he was like. Kathleen Brady in her book The Life of Lucille Ball quotes Lucy, I do remember everything that happened. . . hanging out the book projects grade, window, begging to essaye play with the kids next door who had the measles. . . the doctor coming, my mother weeping. I remember a bird that flew in the window, a picture that fell off the wall (Brady, 7). That bird became a haunting reminder and decades later stagehands on the I Love Lucy show learned never to projects grade put birds on the set; for she would panic in anger. Good Essay. A month before her fourth birthday on for second grade July 3, 1915 her little brother, Fred was born.

A few years later Desiree married again. This time to Ed Peterson on September 17, 1918. Ed did not like children and wouldn’t allow Lucy or Fred to call him ?daddy?. When Lucy was in first grade, Desiree left Lucy with Ed?s parents and Fred with her own. While Lucy was staying with Sophia Peterson, she was ridiculed the way she looked, spoke, and walked. Writing Good Descriptive Essay. With her long slender legs, her oversized feet, crooked teeth, and a high shrill voice she was easy to mock. Report Projects Grade. Grandma Peterson would dress her in dresses long enough so she would grow into them and shoes so hard that they squeaked. Grandma would also part her hair right down the middle and pull it back so tightly that she had the look of perpetual shock. Since mirrors encouraged vanity, Sophia banned them, except for one in essay lesen, the bathroom where she once found Lucy staring at her face.

Lucy was then assigned chores as punishment for her self-importance. Money was so scarce that she did not have a pencil in school, a shame so searing that in her forties she hoarded pencils that were meant for her employees to book projects for second grade use. When she was confronted by an executive that asked her where the pencils were going she took him to a back closet and value friendship essay showed him the for second, packages of unwrapped pencils. She only surrendered them when he told her that she owned all the pencils in driver critical, the company and that she was only stealing from herself. The most important influence on Lucy?s early years was Celeron Park. She would go there with her family and book report grade ride on roller coasters or visit the chroniqueur de on, Zoological Garden. In 1919, when Lucy was eight she was known as a hyperactive child. Book Grade. She was afraid of gypsies who set up their camp under the maple trees at the edge of the park every summer.

It was said in Celeron that the gypsies would kidnap local children and submitting research take them off to their campgrounds. Projects Grade. Then their parents would have to pay the gypsies a silver dollar to make them return the kids they had snatched. For Plagiarism. One day Lucy came home and told that the gypsies took her away to their camp, but she screamed so loud that they were forced to book projects for second grade let her go. This caused paranoia in the family. In 1920, she was sent off to study singing, piano, and dancing at value friendship the Chautauqua Institute of Music. After Lucy came back from school her maternal grandmother, Florabelle, died of book report projects for second, cancer of the uterus on essay lesen July 1, 1922. Even though Ed had been cruel and wouldn’t have anything to do with raising Lucy, he encouraged her to perform. Since Ed belonged to the Shriners, he arranged for her to act, dance, and report grade sing at essay their conventions. In 1923, Ed and Desiree took her to see the celebrated monologist Julius Tannen who was performing in the area. After seeing his performance Lucy said, Tannen was magic. . Book Report Projects Grade. . just this voice, and good descriptive this magnificent man enthralling you with his stories. Book Report Projects Grade. . Writing Descriptive Essay. . his intonations. . . which I never, never forgot!

He changed my life. I knew it was a very serious, wonderful thing to be able to make people laugh and book projects grade cry, to be able to checking essay play on their emotions. . . (Higham, 23). Because Lucy was inspired by Tannen she auditioned for and obtained a part in a local musical given by the Masonic Club. While doing a scene her partner accidentally threw her so violently across the stage that she dislocated her shoulder. For the rest of projects for second grade, her life she had trouble with that shoulder. When she was twelve and a half she took a bus to New York and got a job as a chorus girl in the Schubert Musical Stepping Stones.

She was soon fired and value sent home when her true age was discovered. At the age of 14, Lucy was tall and excessively thin and leggy for her age. She was overly energetic and her friends remember her diving into every activity she could think of from ice-skating to horseback riding. In 1925, she entered Celeron High School. There she began organizing a dramatic club and a school band. She directed and starred in plays and musicals. On July 3, 1927, it was Fred?s twelfth birthday and the eve of the 4th of July. Grandpa Hunt decided to have a Fourth-of-July-Eve-Party for grade, some of the neighboring children as well as a visiting girl from a neighboring town, Joanna Ottinger. Grandpa had bought that afternoon a .22 caliber rifle and foolishly gave it to driver critical the kids. It had bullets in it to practice with in the backyard. Fred fired some shots at a tin can.

Lucy then followed and finally Joanna picked up the gun. At that exact moment, the eight-year-old son of the report for second, next door neighbor, Warner Erickson, ran out from his yard into the line of fire. Essay Lesen. Joanna was firing and the bullet from the gun went through Warner?s back and lodged in his left lung. He fell to the ground screaming and bleeding. His lower limbs, back, and arms were paralyzed. Fred Hunt was terrified; he, Lucy, Fred, and Joanna rushed forward to do what they could. Then Erickson?s parents came out hysterical with rage and charged Grandpa with having deliberately telling Joanna to fire at their son. Policed were called and a harrowing ordeal followed. Report Projects Grade. Warner was hurried to the hospital unable to move.

The boy?s father, Einer Erickson, filed a complaint at essay his attorney?s office, charging Grandpa with deliberately and willfully giving orders to kill. Einer was insisting on $5,000 so it would fully cover the hospital, legal, and book grade doctor fees. Grandpa was not charged with murder, but he was put in for plagiarism, prison until the trial took place. The trial was a tribulation for everyone in book report for second grade, concern, since all the children had to give evidence. Even thought the shooting had been an accident, Grandpa?s irresponsibility was punished appropriately. Since Fred Hunt?s capital was only a few hundred dollars and taxi driver essay his only asset was the house, Einer Erickson could not be fully awarded.

The house was sold at an auction to the highest bidders on September 14, 1928. This left Lucy and report projects her family homeless until they were able to find an apartment. After this incident it was a total shock to everyone and Lucy was ostracized and caltech submitting that gave her the report for second, feeling of caltech submitting research, nervousness and paranoia about life. After the shooting, Ed?s sister Lola died of cancer and Lucy returned to report for second New York to try find work in Vaudeville. She was not very successful. She struggled as an artist?s model and posed as a Chesterfield cigarette Girl while living at checking essay the Kimberly Hotel on 74th and Broadway. Later she worked for Hattie Carnegie who specialized in well- tailored costumes. Many celebrated women came into Hattie?s salon. Among those women was Joan Bennett.

For some reason, Hattie decided that Lucy resembled Joan. From then on Lucy modeled clothes for book for second, her. Lucy even dyed her hair platinum blond to match Joan?s hair color. One day Lucy was walking across the floor in a new costume and fell to the floor with severe pains in friendship, her legs in report projects, front of the writing good descriptive, costumers and staff. Hattie insisted that she see her own physician. The doctor said her condition was serious and that she should be sent to report for second the Schuster Clinic on 113th Street. She was diagnosed with early signs of essay, rheumatoid arthritis. This was quite rare at her age of seventeen. At that time, Professor Schuster was experimenting with a pregnant horse serum and asked Lucy if she would like to projects grade try it. She accepted in an instant. later she credited this treatment for essay lesen, having saved her from being permanently taken over by the disease.

She still had to give up her modeling and go home. She spent most of her time in bed or in a wheelchair. Her legs were so out of whack that she had to have twenty pound weights on each foot to straighten them out. For the next two years she was in constant pain. She wondered if she would be able to pursue her acting career again.

Lucy?s best friend in those days was a hair dresser named Gertrude Foote, known as Footie asked if she could go along with Lucy back to New York as Lucy was going to work with Hattie Carnegie again. At almost twenty, Lucy lost her awkward leggy look and projects was strikingly attractive. Her hair was a mousy brown and her eyes were an intense blazing blue. A designer, Rose Ruth, who was a favorite at Hattie?s was walking with Lucy when she ran into a friend, Sylvia Hahlo, an actors? agent. Sylvia was very impressed with Lucy at various fashion shows and caltech submitting research paper asked her if she would like to go to California. Lucy asked what she would do there. Sylvia told her that James Mulvey, of the Samuel Goldwyn office in new York was seeking models and showgirls for the film Roman Scandals, starring the comedian Eddie Cantor. These girls would be added to the galaxy of book report for second grade, beauties known as the ?Goldwyn Girls?, who were chosen for their looks and popularity at the time. While Lucy was hesitating with her decision she was offered a tiny, one-day job as a walk-on in the film Broadway Thru a Keyhole.

Sylvia rushed shots of Lucy in the film to Goldwyn. The representatives in New York signed her to a contract. But when Goldwyn ran tests on her in Hollywood he didn?t like her at all. By chance the essay, dance director, Busby Berkeley who was hired to choreograph the projects, film insisted that Goldwyn hire her. If it hadn?t been for good descriptive, Berkeley, Lucy may have never came to Hollywood. Another break came when a mother of twelve girls refused to let one of her daughters appear in a Hollywood movie. At the same time Lucy was starting out book report projects grade, so was Betty Grable. Betty could sing or pretend to quite effectively, but Lucy couldn?t and that made her feel inferior.

Since Betty was more talented then Lucy, Lucy tried to imitate her by de on essaye, dying her hair blond. When Lucy wasn?t working on a picture she would hang around the report projects for second, set trying to secure better parts for herself. During this time Lucy was dating Mack Gray a friend of George Raft. Gray was Raft?s bodyguard-companion because Raft was a front man for the Mafia in New York. Raft also lent her money responding to the pleas that she was float broke. Caltech Submitting Research Paper. He allowed her to ride in book for second grade, his limousine with a chauffeur. Years later she tried to repay him but he wouldn?t hear of research paper, it.

Roman Scandals was directed by book for second, Frank Tuttle in 1933, which Lucy appeared with Kay Harvey. As Kay Harvey remembers one day, I came on the set one day to find ?Queen Lucy,? as we called her, riding a beautiful brown horse. She was wearing a scanty costume, with a long blond wig floating around her shoulders. The crew dubbed her Lady Godiva as she elegantly rode that poor, tired horse back and forth before cameras while we were lighted for a shot (Kay Harvey). Kay also remembers that while she was riding she almost accidentally crushed a chorus girl who fell in chroniqueur essaye, front of the horse. After she completed several more Goldwyn films she was not exactly miserable, but she was not pleased either. She wasn?t happy with her next film, Blood Money, directed by Rowland Brown. Report Projects Grade. After that picture she was loaned to United Artists for a tiny part as a chorus girl in the Constance Bennett picture Moulin Rouge. She took no interest in her next few pictures: Bottoms Up, Hold That Girl, Bulldog Drummond Strikes Back, The Affairs of Cellini, or Kid Millions.

Lucy very badly wanted to go to Columbia, the studio that specialized in knock about comedies. She felt that she could grow there. As an act to get fired she would purposely be late getting to the set from break time in Kid Millions. Lucy finally got her interview with Harry Cohn at Columbia. The casting director looked at her and friendship decided right on the spot she would be perfect as ?a dumb broad.? Instead of being cast in that feature she was thrown into a short twenty minute part in Perfectly Mismatched. In 1934, she found a modest frame house located at 1344 North Ogden Drive in Hollywood. She borrowed the down payment of $65 from George Raft.

She hit rock bottom in Three Little Pigskins, starring the Three Stooges, whose idea of comedy was tweaking noses, smashing pies into peoples faces, and dumping cans of paint on to people?s heads. Book Projects Grade. She didn?t like this kind of comedy. By this time Lucy was unhappy in Hollywood. Columbia had only signed a contract with her to do bits. She decided to wire her family in Jamestown to tell them to come to Hollywood. She told them that she had no career and that she was still poor. They packed their bags and taxi critical were off to live with Lucy. She sent the book report, fares for everyone and was relieved that Ed Peterson would not be joining then and that her mother and taxi driver essay him were divorced. No sooner had the family came that Columbia decided to disbanded the comedy team to do more prestigous films. While Lucy was out taking a walk on the street, she ran into a friend, Dick Gree, who said there was an opening for report for second, a showgirl at RKO and were paying $50 a week.

RKO needed her to play a model in checking essay, a fashion show sequence for the Fred Astair/Ginger Rogers picture. Book Projects For Second. Even though she only had to walk down an isle wearing ostrich feathers, it was an honor to her to appear in one of their pictures. Emerging at value the same time was Lucy?s RKO rival, Betty Grable, who was more talented than her. To compete with her Lucy dyed her hair red. Not knowing what she was doing on March 19, 1936, Lucy registered with the Los Angeles County Registrar of Voters to affiliate with the Communist Party. From this decision, years later during the McCarthy era she was put into the threat of professional ruin and public exposure. She always said that decision was only to please her grandfather.

As Lucy managed to obtain a leave from her contract from RKO she landed a role in a stage musical that was bound for Broadway, Hey Diddle Diddle. After the opening on January 21, 1937 of Hey Diddle Diddle at the McCarter Theater in Princeton, New Jersey she received remarks from the Variety saying: ?Miss Ball fattens a fat part and almost walks off with the play. She outlines a consistent character and continuously gives it logical substance. Has a sense of timing and, with a few exceptions, keeps her comedy under control.? (Higgings, 43) After the production closed Lucy returned to Hollywood and found herself cast in a movie with exceptional quality, Stage Door. The director, Gregory La Cava, was an book alcoholic and every day the crew wondered if he would mess up the production. It wasn?t until she played in 47 films that she met Desi Arnaz on the set of Dance, Girl, Dance in 1940. Desi and good Lucy didn?t hit it off at first, but soon they fell in report grade, love with each other and taxi critical essay were married in Greenich, Connecticut. From 1940 on she continued to play in movies and films. Sometimes she would be cast with Bob Hope, Henry Fonda, Ginger Rogers, or Katharine Hepburn. Her more successful films include: The Big Street, Du Barry Was a Lady, Best Foot Forward, Ziegfeld Follies, and Lured.

While Lucy was on tour of book for second grade, Dream Girl the cast came down with a virus and could not perform on Christmas 1947. In generosity Lucy paid for the casts hospital bills and wages. Research. By the report projects grade, time she got to writing descriptive essay southern California for opening night, she too was stricken with the virus. It was of her own will power that she got through her performance on January 5, 1948. The review by the Los Angeles Time?s Edwin Schallert was favorable and he wrote: Here is report for second a young lady of the films who could, if she would, have a dazzling footlight career. And what is more‹ though this may be a brash statement to make‹ she is, in a sense, wasting her talents in pictures. . . Miss Ball is a striking presence in the footlight world. She has efficiency as a comedienne. She can tinge a scene delicately with pathos.

She has special facility in dealing with sharp-edged repartee. Submitting. She apparently never overdoes the sentimental side of a role. . . Projects For Second Grade. (Higham, 89#038;90). After that review Lucy went on to complete eight more films before the tragic death of a dear friend of hers. In the spring of essay lesen, 1951, S. Sylvan Simon at book report projects grade the age of forty-one committed suicide for unknown reasons. Lucy told that it was he who inspired the crazy comedy that led to ?I Love Lucy.? Lucy and taxi driver critical essay Desi went on to start their own television series. They came up with ideas, but television studios would not accept the show.

After taking out book for second, loans, Lucy and for plagiarism Desi founded ?Desilu Productions.? I Love Lucy became the most popular television series of its decade running continuously from 1951 to book 1957. In 1960, Lucy divorced Desi. Later she became head of two major television companies and paper did more ?Lucy? series; The Lucy show (1962-69), Here?s Lucy (1968-74), and last and the least successful 1986 series Life with Lucy. On May 10, 1988, after her television career was finished, Lucy woke up and went to report projects the bathroom. Suddenly she felt a heavy object fall into her lap. Research. When she picked it up she realized it was her arm and that she had had a stroke.

Her then husband, Gary rushed her to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center and she spent a few hours in intensive care. She was then released and a nurse, Trudi Arcudi moved in with her. For the for second, next few months she worked on her partially paralyzed right side and her speech. After her recovery she was pleased to be invited to appear with Bob Hope at the Oscars in late March 1989 to introduce a salute to submitting paper young performers. Book. Over the next few weeks she felt tired and sluggish, and one morning she woke up with terrible chest pains. She was driven to the hospital by Gary. There doctors performed a six-and-a-half-hour emergency open-heart surgery to caltech submitting paper replace a torn section of her aorta and a weakened valve.

As people heard about the news they phoned the hospital of her condition. She received flowers and cards by the ton. As she was making a remarkable recovery she was thrilled to hear about all the cards and calls she had received. On April 26, 1989, just before she was due to go home, she awoke with a pain in her back. Only Trudi Arcudi was with her as her patched aorta burst and book report projects for second grade her life came to an end.

Now you know the fascinating life Lucille Ball led being one of the writing good descriptive essay, most famous women in television history. Although her childhood may be shocking to you. It was far from what you think a wonderful lady like her would have been raised. But even the misfortunate live to be extraordinary people. The most important thing to Lucille Ball was that she wanted everyone to love her because she didn?t receive that kind of love as a child. Lucy did die knowing that everyone loved her after all. On April 26, 1989, the projects for second, world lost an for plagiarism extremely talented comic genius, Lucille Ball. There are so many things to learn about projects, this extraordinary woman: her childhood, her acting career, and her unfortunate death.

Lucille Ball will most surely be known as a premiere comedienne of the 20th century. Essay. Lucille Ball was born in book for second grade, Jamestown, New York on August 6, 1911. She spent her first few years in Anaconda, Montana and Wyandotte, Michigan. When Lucy was three and a half her mother, Desiree, was pregnant with her second child and her father, Had, was stricken with typhoid fever. On February 28, 1915, Had died of caltech submitting research, his illness. This left Lucy without a single recollection of what he was like. Kathleen Brady in her book The Life of book projects for second grade, Lucille Ball quotes Lucy, I do remember everything that happened. . Friendship. . hanging out the window, begging to play with the kids next door who had the measles. . . the doctor coming, my mother weeping. I remember a bird that flew in the window, a picture that fell off the wall (Brady, 7). That bird became a haunting reminder and book projects for second decades later stagehands on chroniqueur the I Love Lucy show learned never to book report put birds on the set; for she would panic in anger. A month before her fourth birthday on essaye July 3, 1915 her little brother, Fred was born.

A few years later Desiree married again. This time to Ed Peterson on September 17, 1918. Ed did not like children and wouldn’t allow Lucy or Fred to call him ?daddy?. When Lucy was in first grade, Desiree left Lucy with Ed?s parents and for second grade Fred with her own. While Lucy was staying with Sophia Peterson, she was ridiculed the way she looked, spoke, and walked. With her long slender legs, her oversized feet, crooked teeth, and a high shrill voice she was easy to mock.

Grandma Peterson would dress her in dresses long enough so she would grow into essay lesen them and report shoes so hard that they squeaked. Grandma would also part her hair right down the middle and pull it back so tightly that she had the look of perpetual shock. Since mirrors encouraged vanity, Sophia banned them, except for one in de on a tout, the bathroom where she once found Lucy staring at her face. Projects For Second. Lucy was then assigned chores as punishment for essaye, her self-importance. Money was so scarce that she did not have a pencil in book report for second grade, school, a shame so searing that in her forties she hoarded pencils that were meant for her employees to use. When she was confronted by an executive that asked her where the pencils were going she took him to writing a back closet and showed him the packages of unwrapped pencils. She only surrendered them when he told her that she owned all the pencils in the company and that she was only stealing from herself. The most important influence on Lucy?s early years was Celeron Park.

She would go there with her family and ride on roller coasters or visit the Zoological Garden. In 1919, when Lucy was eight she was known as a hyperactive child. Book Projects Grade. She was afraid of taxi driver critical, gypsies who set up their camp under the maple trees at the edge of the park every summer. It was said in book report grade, Celeron that the gypsies would kidnap local children and take them off to their campgrounds. Then their parents would have to pay the gypsies a silver dollar to make them return the kids they had snatched. One day Lucy came home and caltech research told that the book report projects grade, gypsies took her away to their camp, but she screamed so loud that they were forced to let her go. Good Descriptive Essay. This caused paranoia in book report for second, the family. In 1920, she was sent off to writing good essay study singing, piano, and book for second grade dancing at driver critical essay the Chautauqua Institute of Music. After Lucy came back from school her maternal grandmother, Florabelle, died of book grade, cancer of the essay, uterus on July 1, 1922.

Even though Ed had been cruel and wouldn’t have anything to do with raising Lucy, he encouraged her to report projects perform. Since Ed belonged to the Shriners, he arranged for her to act, dance, and taxi driver critical sing at their conventions. In 1923, Ed and Desiree took her to see the celebrated monologist Julius Tannen who was performing in for second, the area. Good Descriptive. After seeing his performance Lucy said, Tannen was magic. Book Report Projects For Second. . . just this voice, and this magnificent man enthralling you with his stories. For Plagiarism. . . his intonations. Book Grade. . . which I never, never forgot! He changed my life. I knew it was a very serious, wonderful thing to be able to make people laugh and cry, to be able to play on essay their emotions. . . (Higham, 23). Because Lucy was inspired by Tannen she auditioned for book for second, and obtained a part in a local musical given by the Masonic Club.

While doing a scene her partner accidentally threw her so violently across the stage that she dislocated her shoulder. For the rest of her life she had trouble with that shoulder. When she was twelve and a half she took a bus to New York and got a job as a chorus girl in the Schubert Musical Stepping Stones. Essay Lesen. She was soon fired and sent home when her true age was discovered. Book Projects For Second Grade. At the age of writing descriptive essay, 14, Lucy was tall and report for second excessively thin and leggy for her age. She was overly energetic and value friendship essay her friends remember her diving into every activity she could think of from ice-skating to horseback riding. In 1925, she entered Celeron High School. Report For Second. There she began organizing a dramatic club and a school band. She directed and starred in plays and musicals.

On July 3, 1927, it was Fred?s twelfth birthday and the eve of the 4th of July. Essay. Grandpa Hunt decided to have a Fourth-of-July-Eve-Party for book for second, some of the good descriptive, neighboring children as well as a visiting girl from a neighboring town, Joanna Ottinger. Grandpa had bought that afternoon a .22 caliber rifle and foolishly gave it to the kids. It had bullets in it to practice with in the backyard. Fred fired some shots at book report for second grade a tin can. Lucy then followed and finally Joanna picked up the gun. At that exact moment, the eight-year-old son of the de on, next door neighbor, Warner Erickson, ran out from his yard into book report grade the line of fire. Joanna was firing and the bullet from the gun went through Warner?s back and lodged in his left lung. He fell to the ground screaming and bleeding. His lower limbs, back, and arms were paralyzed. Fred Hunt was terrified; he, Lucy, Fred, and Joanna rushed forward to do what they could.

Then Erickson?s parents came out hysterical with rage and charged Grandpa with having deliberately telling Joanna to fire at their son. Policed were called and good descriptive a harrowing ordeal followed. Warner was hurried to the hospital unable to projects grade move. The boy?s father, Einer Erickson, filed a complaint at his attorney?s office, charging Grandpa with deliberately and willfully giving orders to kill. Einer was insisting on $5,000 so it would fully cover the hospital, legal, and doctor fees. Grandpa was not charged with murder, but he was put in prison until the trial took place. The trial was a tribulation for everyone in taxi driver critical, concern, since all the children had to give evidence. Even thought the shooting had been an accident, Grandpa?s irresponsibility was punished appropriately. Since Fred Hunt?s capital was only a few hundred dollars and report projects for second his only asset was the essaye, house, Einer Erickson could not be fully awarded.

The house was sold at an auction to the highest bidders on September 14, 1928. Report For Second Grade. This left Lucy and her family homeless until they were able to find an essay apartment. Projects For Second. After this incident it was a total shock to everyone and for plagiarism Lucy was ostracized and that gave her the feeling of nervousness and book report projects paranoia about essay, life. After the shooting, Ed?s sister Lola died of cancer and Lucy returned to New York to try find work in Vaudeville. She was not very successful. She struggled as an artist?s model and book projects for second grade posed as a Chesterfield cigarette Girl while living at the Kimberly Hotel on 74th and Broadway. Submitting Research. Later she worked for for second, Hattie Carnegie who specialized in well- tailored costumes. Many celebrated women came into Hattie?s salon. Among those women was Joan Bennett. For some reason, Hattie decided that Lucy resembled Joan. From then on Lucy modeled clothes for research, her.

Lucy even dyed her hair platinum blond to match Joan?s hair color. One day Lucy was walking across the floor in a new costume and fell to the floor with severe pains in book for second, her legs in taxi critical essay, front of the costumers and staff. Hattie insisted that she see her own physician. The doctor said her condition was serious and that she should be sent to the Schuster Clinic on 113th Street. She was diagnosed with early signs of rheumatoid arthritis. This was quite rare at her age of report projects grade, seventeen. At that time, Professor Schuster was experimenting with a pregnant horse serum and asked Lucy if she would like to try it. She accepted in an instant. later she credited this treatment for having saved her from being permanently taken over by the disease. De On Essaye. She still had to give up her modeling and go home. She spent most of her time in bed or in report projects grade, a wheelchair.

Her legs were so out of whack that she had to have twenty pound weights on each foot to writing good straighten them out. For Second. For the next two years she was in essay lesen, constant pain. She wondered if she would be able to pursue her acting career again. Lucy?s best friend in those days was a hair dresser named Gertrude Foote, known as Footie asked if she could go along with Lucy back to New York as Lucy was going to work with Hattie Carnegie again. At almost twenty, Lucy lost her awkward leggy look and book report projects grade was strikingly attractive. Friendship. Her hair was a mousy brown and her eyes were an book projects grade intense blazing blue.

A designer, Rose Ruth, who was a favorite at Hattie?s was walking with Lucy when she ran into a friend, Sylvia Hahlo, an actors? agent. Sylvia was very impressed with Lucy at various fashion shows and caltech submitting research paper asked her if she would like to book report for second grade go to California. Lucy asked what she would do there. Sylvia told her that James Mulvey, of the Samuel Goldwyn office in new York was seeking models and showgirls for the film Roman Scandals, starring the comedian Eddie Cantor. These girls would be added to the galaxy of beauties known as the ?Goldwyn Girls?, who were chosen for their looks and good descriptive essay popularity at the time. For Second Grade. While Lucy was hesitating with her decision she was offered a tiny, one-day job as a walk-on in the film Broadway Thru a Keyhole. Sylvia rushed shots of Lucy in the film to Goldwyn.

The representatives in New York signed her to a contract. But when Goldwyn ran tests on a tout her in Hollywood he didn?t like her at projects for second all. Chroniqueur De On A Tout Essaye. By chance the dance director, Busby Berkeley who was hired to book report projects for second choreograph the film insisted that Goldwyn hire her. A Tout Essaye. If it hadn?t been for Berkeley, Lucy may have never came to grade Hollywood. Another break came when a mother of twelve girls refused to let one of her daughters appear in a Hollywood movie.

At the same time Lucy was starting out so was Betty Grable. Betty could sing or pretend to taxi driver essay quite effectively, but Lucy couldn?t and that made her feel inferior. Since Betty was more talented then Lucy, Lucy tried to imitate her by report projects for second grade, dying her hair blond. When Lucy wasn?t working on a picture she would hang around the set trying to secure better parts for herself. Value. During this time Lucy was dating Mack Gray a friend of George Raft. Gray was Raft?s bodyguard-companion because Raft was a front man for the Mafia in New York. Raft also lent her money responding to book projects for second the pleas that she was float broke. He allowed her to de on a tout ride in his limousine with a chauffeur.

Years later she tried to repay him but he wouldn?t hear of it. Roman Scandals was directed by Frank Tuttle in 1933, which Lucy appeared with Kay Harvey. As Kay Harvey remembers one day, I came on the set one day to find ?Queen Lucy,? as we called her, riding a beautiful brown horse. She was wearing a scanty costume, with a long blond wig floating around her shoulders. The crew dubbed her Lady Godiva as she elegantly rode that poor, tired horse back and forth before cameras while we were lighted for a shot (Kay Harvey).

Kay also remembers that while she was riding she almost accidentally crushed a chorus girl who fell in front of the horse. After she completed several more Goldwyn films she was not exactly miserable, but she was not pleased either. She wasn?t happy with her next film, Blood Money, directed by Rowland Brown. After that picture she was loaned to United Artists for a tiny part as a chorus girl in the Constance Bennett picture Moulin Rouge. She took no interest in her next few pictures: Bottoms Up, Hold That Girl, Bulldog Drummond Strikes Back, The Affairs of book projects for second grade, Cellini, or Kid Millions. Lucy very badly wanted to writing good go to Columbia, the studio that specialized in knock about comedies. She felt that she could grow there. As an act to book projects for second get fired she would purposely be late getting to essay lesen the set from break time in book for second, Kid Millions.

Lucy finally got her interview with Harry Cohn at Columbia. The casting director looked at taxi critical essay her and decided right on the spot she would be perfect as ?a dumb broad.? Instead of report, being cast in that feature she was thrown into a short twenty minute part in Perfectly Mismatched. Taxi Critical. In 1934, she found a modest frame house located at 1344 North Ogden Drive in report projects for second, Hollywood. She borrowed the caltech paper, down payment of report projects, $65 from checking for plagiarism, George Raft. She hit rock bottom in Three Little Pigskins, starring the Three Stooges, whose idea of comedy was tweaking noses, smashing pies into peoples faces, and dumping cans of paint on to people?s heads.

She didn?t like this kind of comedy. By this time Lucy was unhappy in Hollywood. Columbia had only signed a contract with her to do bits. She decided to wire her family in Jamestown to tell them to come to Hollywood. Book Projects For Second. She told them that she had no career and that she was still poor. De On. They packed their bags and for second grade were off to live with Lucy. She sent the fares for de on a tout, everyone and for second grade was relieved that Ed Peterson would not be joining then and that her mother and essay lesen him were divorced. No sooner had the book, family came that Columbia decided to disbanded the comedy team to do more prestigous films. While Lucy was out submitting, taking a walk on the street, she ran into a friend, Dick Gree, who said there was an book report opening for a showgirl at RKO and were paying $50 a week.

RKO needed her to caltech play a model in a fashion show sequence for book projects for second grade, the Fred Astair/Ginger Rogers picture. Even though she only checking essay, had to walk down an isle wearing ostrich feathers, it was an honor to her to appear in one of their pictures. Emerging at the same time was Lucy?s RKO rival, Betty Grable, who was more talented than her. To compete with her Lucy dyed her hair red. Not knowing what she was doing on report projects for second March 19, 1936, Lucy registered with the Los Angeles County Registrar of Voters to affiliate with the chroniqueur de on essaye, Communist Party. From this decision, years later during the McCarthy era she was put into the threat of professional ruin and public exposure. Report For Second. She always said that decision was only to please her grandfather.

As Lucy managed to writing good descriptive obtain a leave from her contract from RKO she landed a role in a stage musical that was bound for book report for second grade, Broadway, Hey Diddle Diddle. After the opening on caltech January 21, 1937 of book projects for second grade, Hey Diddle Diddle at the McCarter Theater in Princeton, New Jersey she received remarks from the Variety saying: ?Miss Ball fattens a fat part and caltech research almost walks off with the play. She outlines a consistent character and continuously gives it logical substance. Has a sense of timing and, with a few exceptions, keeps her comedy under control.? (Higgings, 43) After the production closed Lucy returned to Hollywood and found herself cast in a movie with exceptional quality, Stage Door. The director, Gregory La Cava, was an report projects alcoholic and every day the crew wondered if he would mess up the production. It wasn?t until she played in 47 films that she met Desi Arnaz on the set of writing descriptive, Dance, Girl, Dance in 1940.

Desi and projects for second Lucy didn?t hit it off at first, but soon they fell in love with each other and were married in Greenich, Connecticut. From 1940 on she continued to play in movies and films. Sometimes she would be cast with Bob Hope, Henry Fonda, Ginger Rogers, or Katharine Hepburn. Her more successful films include: The Big Street, Du Barry Was a Lady, Best Foot Forward, Ziegfeld Follies, and Lured. While Lucy was on tour of Dream Girl the essay lesen, cast came down with a virus and could not perform on Christmas 1947. In generosity Lucy paid for the casts hospital bills and book report for second grade wages. By the time she got to southern California for opening night, she too was stricken with the virus. It was of her own will power that she got through her performance on January 5, 1948. Essay Lesen. The review by the Los Angeles Time?s Edwin Schallert was favorable and for second grade he wrote: Here is a young lady of the films who could, if she would, have a dazzling footlight career. And what is more‹ though this may be a brash statement to make‹ she is, in a sense, wasting her talents in critical, pictures. . . Miss Ball is a striking presence in the footlight world. She has efficiency as a comedienne.

She can tinge a scene delicately with pathos. For Second. She has special facility in dealing with sharp-edged repartee. Taxi Critical. She apparently never overdoes the report projects for second grade, sentimental side of a role. . Chroniqueur De On A Tout. . (Higham, 89#038;90). After that review Lucy went on to complete eight more films before the tragic death of a dear friend of hers. In the book projects for second, spring of checking for plagiarism, 1951, S. Sylvan Simon at the age of forty-one committed suicide for unknown reasons. Lucy told that it was he who inspired the projects for second grade, crazy comedy that led to ?I Love Lucy.? Lucy and Desi went on driver essay to start their own television series.

They came up with ideas, but television studios would not accept the show. After taking out loans, Lucy and Desi founded ?Desilu Productions.? I Love Lucy became the most popular television series of its decade running continuously from report projects, 1951 to 1957. In 1960, Lucy divorced Desi. Later she became head of two major television companies and did more ?Lucy? series; The Lucy show (1962-69), Here?s Lucy (1968-74), and last and the least successful 1986 series Life with Lucy. On May 10, 1988, after her television career was finished, Lucy woke up and went to the bathroom.

Suddenly she felt a heavy object fall into her lap. When she picked it up she realized it was her arm and that she had had a stroke. Her then husband, Gary rushed her to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center and she spent a few hours in chroniqueur de on essaye, intensive care. She was then released and a nurse, Trudi Arcudi moved in with her. For the next few months she worked on her partially paralyzed right side and her speech. After her recovery she was pleased to be invited to grade appear with Bob Hope at the Oscars in late March 1989 to essay lesen introduce a salute to young performers. Over the next few weeks she felt tired and sluggish, and book report projects grade one morning she woke up with terrible chest pains. She was driven to the hospital by Gary.

There doctors performed a six-and-a-half-hour emergency open-heart surgery to replace a torn section of her aorta and a weakened valve. As people heard about the news they phoned the hospital of her condition. For Plagiarism. She received flowers and cards by the ton. As she was making a remarkable recovery she was thrilled to hear about all the report projects grade, cards and calls she had received. On April 26, 1989, just before she was due to go home, she awoke with a pain in her back.

Only Trudi Arcudi was with her as her patched aorta burst and essay her life came to book projects for second an end. Now you know the fascinating life Lucille Ball led being one of the good essay, most famous women in television history. Although her childhood may be shocking to you. It was far from what you think a wonderful lady like her would have been raised. But even the misfortunate live to be extraordinary people. The most important thing to report projects grade Lucille Ball was that she wanted everyone to love her because she didn?t receive that kind of love as a child. Lucy did die knowing that everyone loved her after all. On April 26, 1989, the world lost an extremely talented comic genius, Lucille Ball. There are so many things to submitting paper learn about this extraordinary woman: her childhood, her acting career, and her unfortunate death. Lucille Ball will most surely be known as a premiere comedienne of the 20th century.

Lucille Ball was born in Jamestown, New York on August 6, 1911. She spent her first few years in Anaconda, Montana and Wyandotte, Michigan. When Lucy was three and a half her mother, Desiree, was pregnant with her second child and her father, Had, was stricken with typhoid fever. On February 28, 1915, Had died of his illness. This left Lucy without a single recollection of what he was like. Kathleen Brady in her book The Life of Lucille Ball quotes Lucy, I do remember everything that happened. Report Projects For Second. . . hanging out the friendship, window, begging to play with the book report projects for second grade, kids next door who had the measles. . . the doctor coming, my mother weeping. I remember a bird that flew in the window, a picture that fell off the wall (Brady, 7). Essay Lesen. That bird became a haunting reminder and decades later stagehands on book the I Love Lucy show learned never to put birds on the set; for she would panic in anger. A month before her fourth birthday on July 3, 1915 her little brother, Fred was born. A few years later Desiree married again.

This time to Ed Peterson on September 17, 1918. Taxi Essay. Ed did not like children and wouldn’t allow Lucy or Fred to call him ?daddy?. When Lucy was in report projects grade, first grade, Desiree left Lucy with Ed?s parents and Fred with her own. While Lucy was staying with Sophia Peterson, she was ridiculed the way she looked, spoke, and essay walked. With her long slender legs, her oversized feet, crooked teeth, and a high shrill voice she was easy to mock. Grandma Peterson would dress her in dresses long enough so she would grow into them and projects for second shoes so hard that they squeaked. Grandma would also part her hair right down the checking for plagiarism, middle and book projects grade pull it back so tightly that she had the look of perpetual shock. Since mirrors encouraged vanity, Sophia banned them, except for one in the bathroom where she once found Lucy staring at chroniqueur essaye her face. Lucy was then assigned chores as punishment for her self-importance. Money was so scarce that she did not have a pencil in school, a shame so searing that in her forties she hoarded pencils that were meant for her employees to use.

When she was confronted by an executive that asked her where the pencils were going she took him to a back closet and showed him the for second grade, packages of unwrapped pencils. She only surrendered them when he told her that she owned all the pencils in the company and that she was only stealing from herself. The most important influence on value friendship Lucy?s early years was Celeron Park. She would go there with her family and book projects for second grade ride on roller coasters or visit the Zoological Garden. In 1919, when Lucy was eight she was known as a hyperactive child. She was afraid of gypsies who set up their camp under the maple trees at the edge of the park every summer. It was said in Celeron that the gypsies would kidnap local children and take them off to their campgrounds. Then their parents would have to pay the gypsies a silver dollar to make them return the kids they had snatched. One day Lucy came home and told that the gypsies took her away to their camp, but she screamed so loud that they were forced to let her go. This caused paranoia in the family.

In 1920, she was sent off to study singing, piano, and dancing at the Chautauqua Institute of a tout, Music. After Lucy came back from school her maternal grandmother, Florabelle, died of cancer of the report projects grade, uterus on July 1, 1922. Even though Ed had been cruel and wouldn’t have anything to do with raising Lucy, he encouraged her to perform. Since Ed belonged to the Shriners, he arranged for checking essay, her to act, dance, and sing at their conventions. In 1923, Ed and Desiree took her to see the celebrated monologist Julius Tannen who was performing in the area.

After seeing his performance Lucy said, Tannen was magic. Report Projects For Second Grade. . Chroniqueur De On. . just this voice, and book this magnificent man enthralling you with his stories. . . his intonations. . . which I never, never forgot! He changed my life. I knew it was a very serious, wonderful thing to be able to make people laugh and de on cry, to report projects grade be able to checking essay for plagiarism play on their emotions. . . (Higham, 23). Because Lucy was inspired by Tannen she auditioned for and obtained a part in a local musical given by the Masonic Club. While doing a scene her partner accidentally threw her so violently across the book report grade, stage that she dislocated her shoulder. For the rest of her life she had trouble with that shoulder. Driver Essay. When she was twelve and projects for second grade a half she took a bus to New York and taxi essay got a job as a chorus girl in book report for second grade, the Schubert Musical Stepping Stones. For Plagiarism. She was soon fired and report projects for second sent home when her true age was discovered.

At the age of 14, Lucy was tall and essay lesen excessively thin and leggy for her age. Report Projects. She was overly energetic and her friends remember her diving into every activity she could think of from checking essay, ice-skating to horseback riding. In 1925, she entered Celeron High School. There she began organizing a dramatic club and a school band. She directed and starred in plays and musicals. On July 3, 1927, it was Fred?s twelfth birthday and the eve of the 4th of July.

Grandpa Hunt decided to report grade have a Fourth-of-July-Eve-Party for some of the neighboring children as well as a visiting girl from a neighboring town, Joanna Ottinger. Grandpa had bought that afternoon a .22 caliber rifle and foolishly gave it to the kids. It had bullets in it to practice with in the backyard. Fred fired some shots at a tin can. Good Descriptive Essay. Lucy then followed and finally Joanna picked up the gun.

At that exact moment, the eight-year-old son of the next door neighbor, Warner Erickson, ran out from his yard into the line of fire. Joanna was firing and the bullet from the gun went through Warner?s back and lodged in his left lung. He fell to projects the ground screaming and bleeding. Research Paper. His lower limbs, back, and arms were paralyzed. Report For Second Grade. Fred Hunt was terrified; he, Lucy, Fred, and Joanna rushed forward to do what they could.

Then Erickson?s parents came out hysterical with rage and essay lesen charged Grandpa with having deliberately telling Joanna to for second grade fire at essay lesen their son. Policed were called and a harrowing ordeal followed. Warner was hurried to book projects the hospital unable to move. Submitting Paper. The boy?s father, Einer Erickson, filed a complaint at projects his attorney?s office, charging Grandpa with deliberately and willfully giving orders to kill. Einer was insisting on $5,000 so it would fully cover the hospital, legal, and doctor fees. Grandpa was not charged with murder, but he was put in friendship, prison until the trial took place. The trial was a tribulation for everyone in concern, since all the children had to give evidence. Even thought the shooting had been an accident, Grandpa?s irresponsibility was punished appropriately. Since Fred Hunt?s capital was only a few hundred dollars and book for second grade his only asset was the value friendship essay, house, Einer Erickson could not be fully awarded. The house was sold at an auction to the highest bidders on September 14, 1928. This left Lucy and book report projects for second her family homeless until they were able to paper find an apartment.

After this incident it was a total shock to everyone and Lucy was ostracized and that gave her the feeling of nervousness and paranoia about life. After the shooting, Ed?s sister Lola died of cancer and Lucy returned to New York to try find work in book report for second grade, Vaudeville. Essay For Plagiarism. She was not very successful. Report Projects For Second. She struggled as an artist?s model and posed as a Chesterfield cigarette Girl while living at the Kimberly Hotel on writing descriptive essay 74th and Broadway. Projects. Later she worked for essaye, Hattie Carnegie who specialized in well- tailored costumes. Report Projects For Second. Many celebrated women came into Hattie?s salon. Among those women was Joan Bennett. For some reason, Hattie decided that Lucy resembled Joan. From then on Lucy modeled clothes for checking for plagiarism, her. Book Projects For Second. Lucy even dyed her hair platinum blond to value match Joan?s hair color.

One day Lucy was walking across the floor in a new costume and book report for second grade fell to the floor with severe pains in her legs in front of the costumers and staff. Hattie insisted that she see her own physician. The doctor said her condition was serious and that she should be sent to the Schuster Clinic on 113th Street. Value Essay. She was diagnosed with early signs of rheumatoid arthritis. This was quite rare at her age of report, seventeen.

At that time, Professor Schuster was experimenting with a pregnant horse serum and paper asked Lucy if she would like to report grade try it. She accepted in an instant. Driver Critical. later she credited this treatment for having saved her from being permanently taken over by the disease. Report Projects Grade. She still had to give up her modeling and go home. She spent most of caltech submitting research paper, her time in bed or in a wheelchair. Her legs were so out of whack that she had to have twenty pound weights on each foot to straighten them out. For the book for second grade, next two years she was in constant pain. She wondered if she would be able to pursue her acting career again.

Lucy?s best friend in caltech submitting paper, those days was a hair dresser named Gertrude Foote, known as Footie asked if she could go along with Lucy back to New York as Lucy was going to work with Hattie Carnegie again. At almost twenty, Lucy lost her awkward leggy look and was strikingly attractive. Her hair was a mousy brown and book report projects for second grade her eyes were an intense blazing blue. A designer, Rose Ruth, who was a favorite at Hattie?s was walking with Lucy when she ran into checking essay a friend, Sylvia Hahlo, an actors? agent. Sylvia was very impressed with Lucy at various fashion shows and asked her if she would like to go to California. Lucy asked what she would do there. Sylvia told her that James Mulvey, of the book report projects, Samuel Goldwyn office in new York was seeking models and chroniqueur a tout showgirls for the film Roman Scandals, starring the book report projects for second, comedian Eddie Cantor. These girls would be added to the galaxy of beauties known as the value, ?Goldwyn Girls?, who were chosen for their looks and popularity at the time. While Lucy was hesitating with her decision she was offered a tiny, one-day job as a walk-on in the film Broadway Thru a Keyhole. Book Report Projects For Second Grade. Sylvia rushed shots of Lucy in the film to driver Goldwyn. The representatives in New York signed her to a contract.

But when Goldwyn ran tests on her in Hollywood he didn?t like her at all. By chance the dance director, Busby Berkeley who was hired to book grade choreograph the essay lesen, film insisted that Goldwyn hire her. If it hadn?t been for Berkeley, Lucy may have never came to Hollywood. Another break came when a mother of grade, twelve girls refused to value let one of her daughters appear in a Hollywood movie. At the same time Lucy was starting out so was Betty Grable. Betty could sing or pretend to book projects for second grade quite effectively, but Lucy couldn?t and that made her feel inferior. Since Betty was more talented then Lucy, Lucy tried to imitate her by dying her hair blond. When Lucy wasn?t working on value friendship a picture she would hang around the projects, set trying to secure better parts for herself.

During this time Lucy was dating Mack Gray a friend of George Raft. Gray was Raft?s bodyguard-companion because Raft was a front man for the Mafia in New York. Raft also lent her money responding to the pleas that she was float broke. He allowed her to ride in his limousine with a chauffeur. Years later she tried to repay him but he wouldn?t hear of it.

Roman Scandals was directed by Frank Tuttle in 1933, which Lucy appeared with Kay Harvey. As Kay Harvey remembers one day, I came on the set one day to find ?Queen Lucy,? as we called her, riding a beautiful brown horse. She was wearing a scanty costume, with a long blond wig floating around her shoulders. Essay Lesen. The crew dubbed her Lady Godiva as she elegantly rode that poor, tired horse back and forth before cameras while we were lighted for a shot (Kay Harvey). Kay also remembers that while she was riding she almost accidentally crushed a chorus girl who fell in front of the report projects grade, horse. After she completed several more Goldwyn films she was not exactly miserable, but she was not pleased either.

She wasn?t happy with her next film, Blood Money, directed by Rowland Brown. After that picture she was loaned to United Artists for caltech submitting paper, a tiny part as a chorus girl in book report, the Constance Bennett picture Moulin Rouge. She took no interest in her next few pictures: Bottoms Up, Hold That Girl, Bulldog Drummond Strikes Back, The Affairs of Cellini, or Kid Millions. Lucy very badly wanted to go to Columbia, the studio that specialized in knock about comedies. She felt that she could grow there.

As an essay lesen act to get fired she would purposely be late getting to the set from projects grade, break time in value essay, Kid Millions. Lucy finally got her interview with Harry Cohn at Columbia. The casting director looked at her and decided right on the spot she would be perfect as ?a dumb broad.? Instead of being cast in book report projects for second, that feature she was thrown into a short twenty minute part in Perfectly Mismatched. In 1934, she found a modest frame house located at 1344 North Ogden Drive in Hollywood. She borrowed the down payment of $65 from George Raft. She hit rock bottom in Three Little Pigskins, starring the a tout, Three Stooges, whose idea of comedy was tweaking noses, smashing pies into peoples faces, and dumping cans of paint on to people?s heads. She didn?t like this kind of comedy. For Second Grade. By this time Lucy was unhappy in essay, Hollywood. Columbia had only signed a contract with her to do bits. She decided to wire her family in Jamestown to tell them to come to Hollywood.

She told them that she had no career and that she was still poor. Book Report Projects For Second Grade. They packed their bags and were off to live with Lucy. Taxi Critical Essay. She sent the fares for report projects for second, everyone and was relieved that Ed Peterson would not be joining then and that her mother and him were divorced. No sooner had the family came that Columbia decided to disbanded the comedy team to do more prestigous films. While Lucy was out taking a walk on the street, she ran into a friend, Dick Gree, who said there was an writing essay opening for report grade, a showgirl at RKO and essay lesen were paying $50 a week.

RKO needed her to report projects grade play a model in a fashion show sequence for the Fred Astair/Ginger Rogers picture. Even though she only had to walk down an isle wearing ostrich feathers, it was an honor to her to appear in one of their pictures. Emerging at the same time was Lucy?s RKO rival, Betty Grable, who was more talented than her. To compete with her Lucy dyed her hair red. Not knowing what she was doing on March 19, 1936, Lucy registered with the Los Angeles County Registrar of good descriptive, Voters to book report affiliate with the essay, Communist Party. From this decision, years later during the McCarthy era she was put into the threat of professional ruin and public exposure. Projects For Second Grade. She always said that decision was only to please her grandfather.

As Lucy managed to obtain a leave from her contract from RKO she landed a role in a stage musical that was bound for caltech submitting paper, Broadway, Hey Diddle Diddle. After the opening on January 21, 1937 of Hey Diddle Diddle at the McCarter Theater in Princeton, New Jersey she received remarks from the Variety saying: ?Miss Ball fattens a fat part and projects grade almost walks off with the play. She outlines a consistent character and continuously gives it logical substance. Chroniqueur De On A Tout. Has a sense of timing and, with a few exceptions, keeps her comedy under control.? (Higgings, 43) After the production closed Lucy returned to Hollywood and found herself cast in a movie with exceptional quality, Stage Door. Report Grade. The director, Gregory La Cava, was an alcoholic and every day the crew wondered if he would mess up the production. It wasn?t until she played in 47 films that she met Desi Arnaz on the set of Dance, Girl, Dance in 1940. Desi and Lucy didn?t hit it off at first, but soon they fell in love with each other and were married in Greenich, Connecticut. From 1940 on she continued to play in movies and films.

Sometimes she would be cast with Bob Hope, Henry Fonda, Ginger Rogers, or Katharine Hepburn. Her more successful films include: The Big Street, Du Barry Was a Lady, Best Foot Forward, Ziegfeld Follies, and Lured. While Lucy was on tour of Dream Girl the cast came down with a virus and could not perform on Christmas 1947. In generosity Lucy paid for the casts hospital bills and wages. Checking Essay. By the time she got to southern California for book, opening night, she too was stricken with the virus. Critical Essay. It was of her own will power that she got through her performance on January 5, 1948. The review by the Los Angeles Time?s Edwin Schallert was favorable and he wrote: Here is book report projects for second a young lady of the films who could, if she would, have a dazzling footlight career. And what is more‹ though this may be a brash statement to essay lesen make‹ she is, in a sense, wasting her talents in pictures. . . For Second Grade. Miss Ball is a striking presence in the footlight world. She has efficiency as a comedienne. She can tinge a scene delicately with pathos. She has special facility in dealing with sharp-edged repartee.

She apparently never overdoes the sentimental side of value friendship essay, a role. . . (Higham, 89#038;90). After that review Lucy went on grade to complete eight more films before the tragic death of a dear friend of hers. Taxi Critical. In the spring of 1951, S. Sylvan Simon at the age of forty-one committed suicide for unknown reasons. Projects. Lucy told that it was he who inspired the crazy comedy that led to ?I Love Lucy.? Lucy and Desi went on to start their own television series.

They came up with ideas, but television studios would not accept the show. After taking out loans, Lucy and Desi founded ?Desilu Productions.? I Love Lucy became the most popular television series of its decade running continuously from 1951 to chroniqueur 1957. In 1960, Lucy divorced Desi. Later she became head of book for second grade, two major television companies and did more ?Lucy? series; The Lucy show (1962-69), Here?s Lucy (1968-74), and essay lesen last and the least successful 1986 series Life with Lucy. On May 10, 1988, after her television career was finished, Lucy woke up and went to the bathroom. Suddenly she felt a heavy object fall into her lap. When she picked it up she realized it was her arm and that she had had a stroke.

Her then husband, Gary rushed her to book report projects grade Cedars-Sinai Medical Center and essay lesen she spent a few hours in intensive care. She was then released and a nurse, Trudi Arcudi moved in book for second grade, with her. For the chroniqueur de on, next few months she worked on her partially paralyzed right side and her speech. After her recovery she was pleased to be invited to appear with Bob Hope at the Oscars in late March 1989 to introduce a salute to projects for second young performers. Over the de on essaye, next few weeks she felt tired and sluggish, and one morning she woke up with terrible chest pains. She was driven to the hospital by Gary. There doctors performed a six-and-a-half-hour emergency open-heart surgery to replace a torn section of her aorta and a weakened valve. As people heard about the news they phoned the book report grade, hospital of her condition. She received flowers and writing descriptive cards by the ton.

As she was making a remarkable recovery she was thrilled to hear about all the cards and calls she had received. On April 26, 1989, just before she was due to go home, she awoke with a pain in her back. Projects. Only Trudi Arcudi was with her as her patched aorta burst and her life came to an end. Critical Essay. Now you know the report for second, fascinating life Lucille Ball led being one of the most famous women in good, television history. Although her childhood may be shocking to report projects grade you. It was far from essaye, what you think a wonderful lady like her would have been raised. But even the misfortunate live to be extraordinary people. The most important thing to Lucille Ball was that she wanted everyone to love her because she didn?t receive that kind of love as a child.

Lucy did die knowing that everyone loved her after all. On April 26, 1989, the book report for second, world lost an extremely talented comic genius, Lucille Ball. There are so many things to learn about this extraordinary woman: her childhood, her acting career, and her unfortunate death. Lucille Ball will most surely be known as a premiere comedienne of the 20th century. Lucille Ball was born in good descriptive essay, Jamestown, New York on August 6, 1911. Book Report Grade. She spent her first few years in Anaconda, Montana and Wyandotte, Michigan. A Tout Essaye. When Lucy was three and a half her mother, Desiree, was pregnant with her second child and her father, Had, was stricken with typhoid fever. On February 28, 1915, Had died of his illness.

This left Lucy without a single recollection of what he was like. Kathleen Brady in her book The Life of Lucille Ball quotes Lucy, I do remember everything that happened. . . hanging out the window, begging to for second grade play with the kids next door who had the caltech, measles. . . the doctor coming, my mother weeping. I remember a bird that flew in the window, a picture that fell off the wall (Brady, 7). That bird became a haunting reminder and decades later stagehands on the I Love Lucy show learned never to put birds on the set; for she would panic in anger. A month before her fourth birthday on book projects July 3, 1915 her little brother, Fred was born.

A few years later Desiree married again. This time to de on a tout essaye Ed Peterson on September 17, 1918. Ed did not like children and wouldn’t allow Lucy or Fred to call him ?daddy?. Projects For Second. When Lucy was in first grade, Desiree left Lucy with Ed?s parents and good essay Fred with her own. While Lucy was staying with Sophia Peterson, she was ridiculed the way she looked, spoke, and walked. With her long slender legs, her oversized feet, crooked teeth, and a high shrill voice she was easy to mock. Grandma Peterson would dress her in dresses long enough so she would grow into them and shoes so hard that they squeaked. Grandma would also part her hair right down the middle and report for second grade pull it back so tightly that she had the look of paper, perpetual shock. Since mirrors encouraged vanity, Sophia banned them, except for one in the bathroom where she once found Lucy staring at her face. Report Projects. Lucy was then assigned chores as punishment for her self-importance.

Money was so scarce that she did not have a pencil in school, a shame so searing that in her forties she hoarded pencils that were meant for her employees to use. When she was confronted by an executive that asked her where the pencils were going she took him to a back closet and showed him the taxi driver, packages of for second, unwrapped pencils. She only surrendered them when he told her that she owned all the pencils in the company and that she was only stealing from herself. Friendship Essay. The most important influence on Lucy?s early years was Celeron Park. She would go there with her family and ride on roller coasters or visit the Zoological Garden. In 1919, when Lucy was eight she was known as a hyperactive child. She was afraid of gypsies who set up their camp under the maple trees at the edge of the projects for second grade, park every summer. It was said in descriptive essay, Celeron that the gypsies would kidnap local children and take them off to their campgrounds. Then their parents would have to pay the gypsies a silver dollar to make them return the kids they had snatched.

One day Lucy came home and told that the gypsies took her away to their camp, but she screamed so loud that they were forced to let her go. This caused paranoia in the family. Book Report For Second. In 1920, she was sent off to study singing, piano, and dancing at the Chautauqua Institute of Music. After Lucy came back from school her maternal grandmother, Florabelle, died of cancer of the uterus on July 1, 1922. Even though Ed had been cruel and wouldn’t have anything to essay lesen do with raising Lucy, he encouraged her to perform. Since Ed belonged to book projects grade the Shriners, he arranged for her to research paper act, dance, and sing at report projects grade their conventions. In 1923, Ed and Desiree took her to critical see the celebrated monologist Julius Tannen who was performing in the area. Report Grade. After seeing his performance Lucy said, Tannen was magic. . . just this voice, and this magnificent man enthralling you with his stories. . . Essay. his intonations. . . which I never, never forgot! He changed my life. I knew it was a very serious, wonderful thing to be able to make people laugh and cry, to be able to play on their emotions. . . (Higham, 23). Because Lucy was inspired by report, Tannen she auditioned for and obtained a part in a local musical given by the Masonic Club.

While doing a scene her partner accidentally threw her so violently across the stage that she dislocated her shoulder. For the rest of her life she had trouble with that shoulder. When she was twelve and a half she took a bus to New York and got a job as a chorus girl in the Schubert Musical Stepping Stones. She was soon fired and sent home when her true age was discovered. At the age of 14, Lucy was tall and excessively thin and leggy for her age. Friendship Essay. She was overly energetic and grade her friends remember her diving into every activity she could think of from ice-skating to horseback riding. In 1925, she entered Celeron High School.

There she began organizing a dramatic club and a school band. Checking. She directed and starred in plays and musicals. On July 3, 1927, it was Fred?s twelfth birthday and report projects the eve of the 4th of July. Grandpa Hunt decided to chroniqueur de on a tout essaye have a Fourth-of-July-Eve-Party for some of the neighboring children as well as a visiting girl from a neighboring town, Joanna Ottinger. Grandpa had bought that afternoon a .22 caliber rifle and book report projects for second foolishly gave it to the kids. De On. It had bullets in it to practice with in the backyard. Book Projects For Second Grade. Fred fired some shots at a tin can. Lucy then followed and finally Joanna picked up the gun. At that exact moment, the chroniqueur de on a tout essaye, eight-year-old son of the next door neighbor, Warner Erickson, ran out from book projects grade, his yard into the line of fire.

Joanna was firing and the bullet from the gun went through Warner?s back and lodged in essay lesen, his left lung. He fell to the ground screaming and book report for second bleeding. His lower limbs, back, and caltech arms were paralyzed. Fred Hunt was terrified; he, Lucy, Fred, and report projects for second grade Joanna rushed forward to do what they could. Then Erickson?s parents came out hysterical with rage and charged Grandpa with having deliberately telling Joanna to fire at their son. Policed were called and a harrowing ordeal followed.

Warner was hurried to the hospital unable to move. The boy?s father, Einer Erickson, filed a complaint at his attorney?s office, charging Grandpa with deliberately and willfully giving orders to kill. Einer was insisting on $5,000 so it would fully cover the hospital, legal, and doctor fees. Grandpa was not charged with murder, but he was put in prison until the submitting research, trial took place. The trial was a tribulation for book projects for second grade, everyone in essay lesen, concern, since all the children had to give evidence.

Even thought the shooting had been an accident, Grandpa?s irresponsibility was punished appropriately. Book Report Projects For Second Grade. Since Fred Hunt?s capital was only a few hundred dollars and his only asset was the house, Einer Erickson could not be fully awarded. The house was sold at an auction to the highest bidders on September 14, 1928. This left Lucy and her family homeless until they were able to find an apartment. Caltech Submitting Research Paper. After this inci.

Write My Paper For Me Online Paper Writers Pimp My Paper - Best 25+ Book report projects ideas on Pinterest | Book… - Harvard University

"Buy Nursing Academic Papers Online - Book Reports can be fun! | Super Second Grade |… - Emory University, Atlanta, GA

What students and parents say about CHESS. If your student has attended CHESS and grade you have something to essay lesen share that will help future parents and students make a decision to join CHESS, please email us with your comments at admin @chessclasses.org. “I’m not sure who to book grade tell, but the CHESS yearbook turned out wonderfully! Thank you to the teacher, and students for pursuing everything to assemble such a wonderful memory for these students! I love that your seniors are honored in their own special way. We are still so new to homeschooling and have been pleased to see so much support for these students. Taxi! Have a blessed day!” Loree Katahara. “Structure, consistency, and professionalism. My kids are very motivated to report projects grade follow through with their assignments due to positive peer pressure.” Parent, Faith Lillemo. “Being new to the area, we have truly felt welcomed and having a group with consistency and intentional communication and relationship has been wonderful for myself, and my children.” Parent, Sandra Brokate. “Excellent teachers who care and very affordable.

I wouldn’t be able to caltech submitting research paper homeschool high school if not for CHESS.” Parent, Karey Akers. “Organized teaching, concern for students, tests, projects, quizzes, writing assignments enable excellent learning.” Parent, Debbie Runyon. “The students here are a wonderful group of kids, kind, polite and respectful to one another. Social aspect for homeschoolers is important at book report projects this age.” Parent, Victoria Cherpes. “Instruction in courses that are beyond what we can do at home.” Parent, Rose Haas. “My kids have been given a spirit of belonging someplace. It has quenched that thirst of wanting to be in public school.” Parent, Kimberly Glover. “More than probably any other classes I took in high school, IMHO-Logic and Effective Writing proved to chroniqueur de on a tout essaye build immeasurably valuable skills.

These classes train you to book projects grade think and to communicate, which I use everyday at taxi driver essay work and interacting with the culture. Much of the report content I learned exceeded anything I was taught at University.” Jesse Taylor, Electrical Engineer, MICRON. “Also, the courses and teachers are top notch and prepared Emily very well for William and Mary — 4.0 in her freshman year and with compliments on her writing.” Parent. “It’s been great to have the accountability for the students – to turn in homework, take tests, prepare for class discussions. Also nice to have a chance for them to make new friends.” Parent. “Having a classroom environment while still being able to get attention/help from the teacher without having 20 other students who also need help.” Parent. “My girls have been responsible for essay lesen, their work to another adult. Important for book grade, college.” Parent.

“Everyone is so kind and it is a great Christian environment to be in.” Student. “I liked hanging out with the value friendship other students and report the classes were challenging but interesting.” Student. “Mrs. Kintzing makes art exciting and easy to understand, and she encourages us to be creative. She is also very passionate about what she is teaching.” E. Kornreich, Hands On Art History. “The teacher is chroniqueur de on a tout essaye so fun! Day 1 I came in very nervous and I left laughing and smiling.” P. Judkins. “Mrs. Book Projects! Dill is so encouraging and I learn a lot.” B. Taxi Critical! Mleziva, The Creatives.

“It’s really fun. I am enjoying the new projects and learning about things I’ve never heard of.” A. Vermilion, The Creatives. “I love all the unique projects.” L. Book Report Projects! Mullins, Studio Art. “Mrs. Dill is very funny, relaxed, and helpful.

The course material is always varied and builds skills.” J. Frantz, Drawing in caltech submitting research, Depth. “She is very enthusiastic about report projects for second grade, creativity, and I always leave the class smiling.” Phoebe Judkins, Creative Writing. “I like the caltech friendly atmosphere, and the classmates, and the teacher.” A. Kim, FPS. “I like Ms. Dill. She’s very fun and excited all the time. For Second! “ M. Van Cleave, FPS. “Your art class has been a neat opportunity for my daughter to try her hand at art. Driver Essay! She has been very interested in the class. Projects Grade! Your projects are unique and interesting.

And I have confidence that the CHESS teachers offer a good moral environment for the students along with their expertise in the subject matter.” Parent of Hillary. “I wanted to essay lesen say thank-you for projects for second, your excellent and fun class on different drawing techniques in Drawing in Depth. Zach has truly enjoyed your class. I appreciate your upbeat, light-hearted and value friendship enthusiastic approach. I like the way you have introduced Zach to various forms of report, art and artists. Essay Lesen! It has stretched his approach to art beyond his particular favorite styles.” Parent of Zach. “Thank you for all your work with Eva in book report for second grade, the Effective Writing and J101 classes this year! She says you are a wonderful teacher, and essay I can tell she learned a great deal about all facets of the writing process.

Her research skills and editing and revising abilities have clearly grown, as well as her ability and confidence to write in a number of styles and report grade a variety of formats. Plus she thoroughly enjoyed it — it is not every teacher who can make hard work seem fun and rewarding as you do! As she continues, I know she will always benefit from what you have taught her and helped her learn and achieve this year. We feel truly fortunate to have had such a thoughtful, empowering, and dedicated teacher to help with our writing curriculum.” Ken Quittman, Eva’s father about EW 9-12 and J101. “As a freshman at George Mason University I was nervous attending my first English class and even more nervous about writing papers for an actual college professor. My first assignment was a research paper. I wrote it, turned it in, and came in the next week anticipating a lot of red marks on essay, the paper. The first thing the professor said to me when I came in was, “Gabriel, where did you learn to write like this??” I was stunned.

I got a 98 on my first college paper. After having my paper shown to the entire class, I explained how I had been taught to research and write these types of papers by none other than Mr. John Jenkins. I took his British Literature class and his Effective Writing class in high school, and nothing could have prepared me better than his teaching. It is thorough, educational, and extremely helpful when it comes to writing on the educational and professional level, and might I say helped me pass my first college English class with an outstanding A+!” Gabriel, Effective Writing 9-12 and grade British Literature.

“It helps with my other classes.” A. Lawson, Study Skills. “I love the a tout essaye environment of the class. I feel I have learned a lot ever since the projects for second grade first day of his class.” J. Layendecker, Effective Writing 9-12. “The instructor is very enthusiastic. I enjoy the assignments.” K. Frodigh, English 10. “The teacher knows what he’s doing and makes the class interesting.” L. Osterhoudt, Effective Writing 9-12. “The teacher is very energetic and he makes the class fun.” E. Hirscher, Effective Writing 9-12. “(I like) the teacher because she’s nice, kind and funny.” IEW Basic Writing. “The teacher is submitting very good at explaining and making sure we understand. Also, we can email her questions and she always responds quickly.” W. MacDonald, IEW Basic Writing.

“I like the structure and the way the material builds in steps. I love the regularity of checking work. Teacher does a tremendous amount of work. Very appreciative.” Parent, Basic Writing IEW. “I like the fun atmosphere and interesting class discussions we have.” R. Grace, Journalism 101. “Everyone gets individual help with homework and assignments.” L, DeWitt, Effective Writing 9-12. “(He) challenges students to book report projects for second think critically.” S. Bliss, Journalism 101/American Literature. GOVERNMENT/GEOGRAPHY/SOCIAL SCIENCES/STUDY SKILLS. “Academically, I have enjoyed learning from each of the courses I’ve taken at CHESS; however, I feel I’ve most benefited from taxi driver essay, my Worldviews class, taught by Mrs. Boemerman. I really loved learning about different worldviews from her, as she always made the discussions fun and for second grade understandable.” G. Driver! Ramey, Worldviews.

“It really teaches you to book for second grade work with others – and overcome issues. Similar to a college course.” M. Wood, Mock Trial. “This is Gage’s favorite class! He has so much fun learning and looks forward to essay lesen Monday mornings!” Parents Michael and Jennifer Heiserman, World Geography. “I like studying about the different countries, and I think Mrs. K is a fun teacher!” A. Teramura, World Geography. “It is fun and enjoyable, but I’m still learning a lot.” T.Doran, History Detectives.

“It is interactive; the teacher knows the material and is not shy, and book for second it is team building.” J. Akers. “I like how much the reading combined with our class discussions help me understand the material so much better.” G. Ramey, Understanding Worldviews. “It helps with my other classes.” A. Lawson, Study Skills. “Mrs. Lyons’ class gave me a solid foundation in US government. As a Political Science and writing descriptive essay American Studies major in for second grade, the pre-law program at Christopher Newport University, I was faced with a slew of chroniqueur, government and law related courses right off the bat. Within the first few class sessions, however, I was able to draw clear connections to what I learned from Mrs. Book Report Projects Grade! Lyon. For example, my familiarity with landmark supreme court cases allowed me to better comprehend a class on constitutional law. I would highly recommend Mrs. Lyon to any student seeking to checking essay for plagiarism gain a firm understanding of US government.” Daniel Glenn, Government.

“I enjoyed the projects grade lectures and essay for plagiarism discussions. I especially loved using primary texts as our ‘textbooks’ and forming our own opinions about history. I learned a lot of projects grade, new things I will never forget! Thanks!” E. Hauge, History of Freedom. “I enjoy the discussions and question-answer format.” Hannah, Government. “Material is presented in a way that is interesting.” M. Wood, Virginia History. “Interesting content, the teacher makes it fun, and most of all – my son enjoys the class and doesn’t mind doing the work.” Parent, World Geography. “Wonderful info, enthusiasm and value variety of teaching methods.” Parent, World Geography. “I really appreciate how approachable the book for second teacher (is) when I have questions.” G. Ramey, U. S. Government.

“Attentive to detail; positive feedback; encouraging. Organized; incorporates current French culture into de on material.” Parent Debbie Runyon, French I. “Mrs. O’Donnell is very enthusiastic about French and really wants to see all of for second grade, her students succeed.” Parent Kanoa Ratliff, French I. “She’s the best teacher I’ve ever had. I’ve learned so much from her.” A. Mumford, French 2. “The teacher is so awesome!” N. Good Descriptive! Ziu, French 1. “I can study the course without the fear of learning a new language.

The teacher is kind and report very patient.” J. Tatum, Spanish 1. “It’s fun and Mrs. Submitting Paper! Bacca turned my hatred of Spanish into a love of it.” W. Webb, Spanish 3. “I love all the individual attention, and that the teacher makes sure we understand.” C. Report For Second Grade! Matthews, French 1. “It is so much fun – my favorite class!” L. Mullins, Spanish 1.

“I LOVE how thorough Mrs. O is! There’s no way you can finish the class without grasping the value essay material.” M. Wood, French 1. “The drive is worth it.” E. Hershberger, Spanish 2. “I like everything about book report for second grade, this class because my teacher explains everything very well.” K. Friendship! Cherpes, Intro to French. “Everything is interactive; I am involved in everything.” S. Ottaviano, Spanish 2.

“She is a really good teacher and cares about us.” French. “I love how the teacher presents the material and helps us understand the material and helps us improve.” J. Moon, Intro to Literature. “The instructor is very helpful and eager to help students with any questions we have about the material.” A. Kent, Masterpieces in Literature. “I loved the people in report projects, the class and taxi essay I had fun with the assignments.” Intro to Literature. “I am challenged in a good way…I really feel as if I am learning and growing in this area as a direct result of the standard he holds us to.” D. Book Projects For Second! Glenn, Masterpieces in Literature. “I appreciate that everyone is met at essay lesen their level and challenged where they personally need to be.” H. Lillemo, Masterpieces in Literature.

“Both kids really enjoy Mr. Jenkin’s class and style of teaching.” Parent, Intro to Literature. “Mrs. Rivera has been teaching for so long that she understands the way a student’s brain works.” J. Frantz, Pre-Algebra. “I really enjoy having a teacher who knows the material super well and is able to answer challenging questions that may be beyond our own knowledge.” C. Lillemo, Algebra 2 Honors. “The class is easy going, there isn’t pressure to do everything perfectly, but we’re challenged and encouraged to do work better than our best.” T. King, Geometry. “I like everything about this class!” P. Maloy, Geometry.

“I personally love the way the lessons are explained. Book Report For Second Grade! It helps me grasp the material much easier.” S. Value Friendship Essay! Post, Geometry. “Really like the homework sheets you give the kids. It is great for book report projects, them to see each day’s work assigned and submitting will be helpful as they move toward high school and book report for second grade have to divide up the work themselves. Also appreciate the essay lesen spreadsheet with all the grades on it. Report Projects For Second Grade! Makes it very clear. You are very funny. Humor is critical for life but certainly for math science!” Parent of student in Pre-Algebra and General Science. “The teacher really cares about the students and de on a tout explains the grade material well.” Parent, Algebra II. SCIENCE (note: until 2015-16, Camilla Rivera taught all of the science classes,, now she is teaching math)

“The teacher is just very helpful and writing is willing to listen to any questions you may have.” J. Gritton, Biology. “I like the experiments. They are fun and interactive.” P. Glenn, Chemistry Lav. “I like the curriculum and the way the teacher presents the material.” J. Moon, Physical Science. “She gave us specific instructions but allowed us to have fun in class as well.” Biology. “Mrs. Rivera is awesome! She is book report projects for second passionate about chemistry and it rubs off.” D. Glenn, Chemistry Lab. “She explained homework really well and she was really funny.” Biology. “The biology labs were fun – even if the dissections were gross – and I loved my classmates.” Biology. “I love all of the value hands on book report projects for second, experiments.” Carissa, Biology.

“Labs are interesting and fun.” J. Mullins, Chemistry.

Buy Essay Papers Here - Creative book report ideas - so many really unique and… - College of William and Mary

Academic Proofreading - B>Book Report Ideas - 123 Homeschool 4 Me - Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ

5 Resume Tips for the Legal Job Hunter. Resume drafting is it’s own unique torture. First, there’s pressure because you very much want to secure a new job. Projects! Second, you can no longer recall much of what you did even a year ago. And on top of that it is really hard to checking essay for plagiarism, sell yourself. For those of you who have started the book grade, New Year with a search for greener career pastures here are 5 tips to help you to create a resume that succeeds at highlighting your unique strengths. Tip One – Include a summary. Writing Good Descriptive Essay! The big challenge for job hunters is that the common approach to resumes simply adds up to a dull list of past employers and bulleted work experience. Book Projects For Second Grade! These resumes at best get a quick scan by a prospective employer and taxi driver don’t succeed in telling the story about your character, attributes, business development skills, and book report projects grade other strengths.

To add interest to your resume and friendship essay ensure that your strengths are clearly communicated add a summary at the top. This summary should sit just below your contact information and is the first section of your resume. You can give it the header “profile” or “summary”. Report Projects For Second Grade! This section of the resume will be one to three paragraphs in essay lesen length and in it you will describe your strengths and include supporting detail. If you have a hard time listing your strengths, pull in a favour from a close friend and solicit their help.

Or work with a career coach. Tip Two: Avoid overused stock phrases. Avoid using the stock phrases that turn up on so many resumes such as “team player.” Instead describe your strengths and give examples. Tip Three: Tailor your profile to the specific job requirements. Book Report! Before drafting your introductory profile, carefully consider the specific job you are applying for. What skills and qualifications are they seeking? Review your list of strengths and highlight those that are most relevant to the opportunity.

The profile section can be written in first person or third person. Checking Essay For Plagiarism! The choice is book report projects for second, yours. In my view writing in the first person directly addresses the reader and essay can help grab his or her attention. Here’s an example to help you get started. In this example the job candidate has chosen to focus on highlighting his business development skills. “I am a ten year call lawyer with a practice focused on corporate commercial matters, mergers and acquisitions and corporate finance transactions for book projects for second both public and private companies. I have acted for a wide range of friendship clients, from start-ups to TSX listed public companies, in a range of for second grade industries, including mining, energy, and technology.

I have worked with clients in Toronto, Ottawa, and elsewhere in Canada and the United States. My strengths include excellent business development skills. I originated over seventy-five percent of taxi driver essay my own work last year, directed work to others, and have met or exceeded my billable target for each of the past five years. For Second Grade! I have an extensive network of contacts and participate actively in two industry associations…” Tip Four: Always include a transaction sheet or a litigation synopsis as an appendix. Essay Lesen! Your transaction sheet or litigation synopsis is a one or two page list of book report grade your significant experience. Here are some examples from the Counsel Network: http://www.thecounselnetwork.com/career-resources/career-documents. I find it most effective to separate your experience into different sections. Writing Good Descriptive Essay! For example, a corporate lawyer might include sections on report projects grade, Mergers Acquisitions, Financing, and value General Commercial Experience.

Make sure to report, provide some interesting detail about each piece of experience while protecting the confidentiality of the checking for plagiarism, information. With your resume, transaction sheet, and cover letter you are essentially building a case about why you are the best candidate for the opportunity. As you write and then review your career documents make sure that you are providing specific examples that demonstrate your key strengths. For example if you are highlighting your negotiation experience then make sure there are one or more specific examples of book grade negotiations you conducted and the results you achieved. Good Essay! When you have your resume polished and ready to book report grade, go send it to your most detail-oriented friends for a final proof read.

This final close read of the resume is driver critical, essential for report for second catching any errors in punctuation, grammar, and spelling, and will ensure your resume is exactly as you want it to be. Resume drafting isn’t easy, and value friendship it takes time, but ultimately this time will be rewarded by getting you the interviews you are seeking. Best wishes on report for second grade, a successful job hunt! My thanks to my friend and colleague Linda Robertson for sharing her ideas and experience with me about what it takes to make a great resume. Submitting Research! As someone who has helped quite a few people with their resumes and cover letters plus worked some 25 years at law firms in Canada, I agree with many of these tips. I cannot emphasize enough how important it is to have a fresh pair of eyes read your resume and cover letter template. Whether it is a spouse, parent, neighbour, family member, friend, whoever, have a few people read them over. It is amazing the number of spelling mistakes and the like that someone else can catch and you want your resume to be 100% perfect. It does not hurt to read it backwards, word for word, to check for accuracy. Book Report For Second Grade! Ensure you pick a font that is easily readable. Ensure your resume tells a story tells YOUR story in an interesting way.

The resume will be kept and value friendship it will be remembered. So many resumes look exactly the same and book report for second grade your potential employer will only writing essay glance through them. While you may have a standard form of cover letter, make sure each cover letter contains information relevant just to that particular position or business. Book Report Projects For Second Grade! You want the reader to think they are receiving a personal letter and not a form letter that has been sent here, there and everywhere. Ensure also that the key points you want to make in your cover letter are made in short paragraphs so they stand out and are read. Don#8217;t have two or three #8220;super large#8221; paragraphs that contain all sorts of important information. For Plagiarism! They probably won#8217;t be read as thoroughly as you would hope them to be. Lastly, don#8217;t be afraid to have some white space on your resume.

It makes it so much more inviting and readable. Book Report Projects For Second! I'm just glad that, apparently, the LSUC has addressed all other problems, so has the time and resources to devote more David, Yes, you certainly contributed towards the essay, push as well, with your 2011 Bencher run on this more Omar, this is a well written and intetesting blog. These are important thoughts and arguments. In my view the history more This has been around for quite a while as a concept. The technical term for book projects it is air more

Good Site Buy Essay - Best 25+ Book reports ideas on Pinterest | Book report… - Marywood University

Do My Essay Now - Second Grade Book Report Template | Book Report… - Northwestern University, Evanston, Il

essay on report projects the uncanny by Sigmund Freud. It is only rarely that a psycho-analyst feels impelled to research investigate the subject of aesthetics, even when aesthetics is understood to mean not merely the theory of beauty but the theory of the qualities of feeling. He works in book report projects grade other strata of mental life and has little to do with the subdued emotional impulses which, inhibited in taxi driver their aims and dependent on a host of concurrent factors, usually furnish the material for projects, the study of aesthetics. But it does occasionally happen that he has to interest himself in some particular province of that subject; and this province usually proves to be a rather remote one, and one which has been neglected in the specialist literature of aesthetics. The subject of the ‘uncanny’ is a province of this kind. It is undoubtedly related to what is frightening — to what arouses dread and horror; equally certainly, too, the word is not always used in essay lesen a clearly definable sense, so that it tends to book report projects for second coincide with what excites fear in general. Yet we may expect that a special core of feeling is present which justifies the use of a special conceptual term. One is curious to know what this common core is essay lesen, which allows us to distinguish as ‘uncanny’; certain things which lie within the field of book, what is frightening. … In his study of the essay lesen ‘uncanny,’ Jentsch quite rightly lays stress on the obstacle presented by projects, the fact that people vary so very greatly in their sensitivity to this quality of feeling. The writer of the present contribution, indeed, must himself plead guilty to a special obtuseness in the matter, where extreme delicacy of perception would be more in place. It is long since he has experienced or heard of anything which has given him an uncanny impression, and he must start by writing, translating himself into that state of feeling, by awakening in himself the possibility of experiencing it. Still, such difficulties make themselves powerfully felt in many other branches of aesthetics; we need not on that account despair of finding instances in which the quality in question will be unhesitatingly recognized by most people.

Two courses are open to us at the outset. Either we can find out what meaning has come to be attached to the word ‘uncanny’ in the course of its history; or we can collect all those properties of persons, things, sense-impressions, experiences and book report situations which arouse in us the value friendship essay feeling of report projects for second, uncanniness, and then infer the unknown nature of the uncanny from what all these examples have in common. Essay Lesen? I will say at once that both courses lead to the same result: the uncanny is that class of the frightening which leads back to what is known of old and book long familiar. How this is possible, in what circumstances the familiar can become uncanny and frightening, I shall show in what follows. Essay? Let me also add that my investigation was actually begun by report projects grade, collecting a number of individual cases, and essay was only later confirmed by an examination of linguistic usage.

In this discussion, however, I shall follow the book for second grade reverse course. The German word ‘unheimlich’ is obviously the opposite of ‘heimlich’ [‘homely’], … the opposite of what is familiar; and we are tempted to conclude that what is ‘uncanny’ is frightening precisely because it is essay lesen, not known and familiar. Naturally not everything that is new and unfamiliar is book report projects grade, frightening, however; the relation is not capable of inversion. … Something has to be added to what is novel and essay lesen unfamiliar in order to make it uncanny. On the whole, Jentsch … ascribes the essential factor in book projects for second the production of the feeling of uncanniness to intellectual uncertainty; so that the uncanny would always, as it were, be something one does not know one’s way about in. The better orientated in caltech submitting paper his environment a person is, the report projects for second grade less readily will he get the impression of something uncanny in regard to the objects and events in checking essay for plagiarism it.

It is not difficult to see that this definition is projects grade, incomplete, and we will therefore try to proceed beyond the equation ‘uncanny’ as ‘unfamiliar.’ We will first turn to other languages. But the taxi critical dictionaries that we consult tell us nothing new, perhaps only because we ourselves speak a language that is foreign. Indeed, we get an impression that many languages are without a word for this particular shade of what is frightening. … Latin : … An uncanny place: locus suspectus ; at an uncanny time of report for second, night. … Greek : … Eeros (i.e., strange, foreign). English : … Uncomfortable, uneasy, gloomy, dismal, uncanny, ghastly; (of a house) haunted; (of a man) a repulsive fellow. French : … Inquitant , sinistre , lugubre , mal son aise . Spanish : … Sospechoso , de mal agero , lgubre , siniestro . … In Arabic and value Hebrew ‘uncanny’ means the same as ‘daemonic,’ ‘gruesome.’

Let us therefore return to the German language. In Daniel Sanders’s Wrterbuch der Deutschen Sprache (1860, 1, 729), the[re] is following entry… under the word ‘heimlich.’ “ Heimlich, adj., … I. [B]elonging to the house, not strange, familiar, tame, intimate, friendly, etc. … (b) Of animals: tame, companionable to man. … (c) Intimate, friendly comfortable; the enjoyment of quiet content, etc., arousing a sense of agreeable restfulness and security as in one within the four walls of his house. Is it still heimlich to you in book report projects for second grade your country where strangers are felling your woods?’ ‘She did not feel too heimlich with him.’ … II. Concealed, kept from sight, so that others do not get to know of or about it, withheld from others. To do something heimlich , i.e., behind someone’s back; to steal away heimlich; heimlich meetings and appointments. … The heimlich art’ (magic). ‘Where public ventilation has to stop, there heimlich conspirators and the loud battle-cry of caltech submitting research, professed revolutionaries.’ ‘A holy, heimlich effect.’ … ‘learned in for second strange Heimlichkeiten’ (magic arts). … Note especially the negative ‘un-’: eerie, weird, arousing gruesome fear: ‘Seeming quite unheimlich and ghostly to him.’ ‘The unheimlich, fearful hours of caltech research, night.’ ‘I had already long since felt an unheimich,’ even gruesome feeling.’ ‘Now I am beginning to have an unheimlich feeling.’ … ‘Feels an unheimlich horror.’ ‘ Unheimlich and motionless like a stone image.’ ‘The unheimlich mist called hill-fog.’ ‘These pale youths are unheinrlich and are brewing heaven knows what mischief.’ ‘Unh eimlich is the name for everything that ought to have remained . secret and hidden but has come to light’ (Schelling).— ‘To veil the for second grade divine, to submitting research surround it with a certain Unheimlichkeit.’ …” What interests us most in report for second this long extract is to a tout essaye find that among its different shades of meaning the word ‘ heimlich’’ exhibits one which is projects for second grade, identical with its opposite, ‘ unheirnlich.’ What is heimlich thus comes to be unheimlich. Value Friendship? (Cf. the quotation from Gutzkow: ‘We call it “unheimlich”; you call it “heimlich.”’) In general we are reminded that the word ‘heimlich’ is not unambiguous, but belongs to two sets of ideas, which, without being contradictory, are yet very different: on the one hand it means what is familiar and agreeable, and on the other. what is concealed and projects for second grade kept out of sight. ‘Unheimlich’ is customarily used, we are told, as the contrary only of the first signification of’ heimlich,’ and not of the second. Sanders tells us nothing concerning a possible genetic connection between these two meanings of heimlich. On the other hand, we notice that Schelling says something which throws quite a new light on essay lesen the concept of the Unheimlich, for which we were certainly not prepared. According to him, everything is unheimlich that ought to have remained secret and hidden but has come to book for second grade light. … Thus heimlich is a word the meaning of which develops in the direction of ambivalence, until it finally coincides with its opposite, unheimlich. De On? Unheimlich is in some way or other a sub-species of heimlich.

Let us bear this discovery in mind, though we cannot yet rightly understand it, alongside of Schelling’s definition of the book report projects grade Unheimlich. If we go on to examine individual instances of uncanniness, these hints will become intelligible to us. When we proceed to review things, persons, impressions, events and situations which are able to arouse in us a feeling of the checking essay uncanny in a particularly forcible and definite form, the first requirement is obviously to select a suitable example to start on. Jentsch has taken as a very good instance ‘doubts whether an report for second, apparently animate being is really alive; or conversely, whether a lifeless object might not be in fact animate’; and he refers in this connection to the impression made by waxwork figures, ingeniously constructed dolls and automata. To these he adds the uncanny effect of epileptic fits, and of manifestations of insanity, because these excite in the spectator the impression of friendship, automatic, mechanical processes at work behind the ‘ordinary appearance of report for second grade, mental activity. Without entirely accepting this author’s view, we will take it as a starting point for our own investigation because in essay lesen what follows he reminds us of a writer who has succeeded in producing uncanny effects better than anyone else. Jentsch writes: ‘In telling a story one of the most successful devices for book report projects for second, easily creating uncanny effects is to leave the reader in taxi critical essay uncertainty whether a particular figure in the story is a human being or an automaton and to do it in such a wa y that his attention is not focused directly upon his uncertainty, so that he may not be led to go into grade the matter and clear it up immediately. That, as we have said, would quickly dissipate the peculiar emotional effect of the thing. E. T. A. Hoffmann has repeatedly employed this psychological artifice with success in his fantastic narratives.’

This observation, undoubtedly a correct one, refers primarily to the story of The Sand-Man” in Hoffmann’s Nachtstcken, which contains the original of Olympia, the doll that appears in taxi the first act of Offenbach’s opera, Tales of Hoffmann , but I cannot think — and I hope most readers of the story will agree with me — that the theme of the doll Olympia, who is to all appearances a living being, is by any means the only, or indeed the most important, element that must be held responsible for the quite unparalleled atmosphere of uncanniness evoked by the story. Nor is this atmosphere heightened by the fact that the author himself treats the episode of Olympia with a faint touch of satire and uses it to poke fun at the young man’s idealization of his mistress. The main theme of the story is, on the contrary, something different, something which gives it its name, and which is always re-introduced at critical moments: it is the theme of the ‘Sand-Man’ who tears out children’s eyes. This fantastic tale opens with the childhood recollections of the student Nathaniel. In spite of his present happiness, he cannot banish the memories associated with the mysterious and terrifying death of his beloved father. On certain evenings his mother used to send the children to bed early, warning them that ‘the Sand-Man was coming’; and, sure enough, Nathaniel would not fail to hear the heavy tread of a visitor, with whom his father would then be occupied for the evening.

When questioned about the Sand-Man, his mother, it is book report grade, true, denied that such a person existed except as a figure of speech; but his nurse could give him more definite information: ‘He’s a wicked man who comes when children won’t go to bed, and throws handfuls of sand in their eyes so that they jump out of their heads all bleeding. Then he puts the essay lesen eyes in a sack and report for second grade carries them off to the half-moon to feed his children. They sit up there in their nest, and chroniqueur de on a tout essaye their beaks are hooked like owls’ beaks, and book report projects grade they use them to peck up naughty boys’ and girls’ eyes with.’ Although little Nathaniel was sensible and old enough not to credit the figure of the Sand-Man with such gruesome attributes, yet the dread of essay, him became fixed in his heart. He determined to find out what the Sand-Man looked like; and one evening, when the Sand-Man was expected again, he hid in his father’s study. He recognized the visitor as the lawyer Coppelius, a repulsive person whom the children were frightened of when he occasionally came to a meal; and he now identified this Coppelius with the dreaded Sand-Man. As regards the report for second grade rest of the scene, Hoffmann already leaves us in doubt whether what we are witnessing is tee first delirium of the panic-stricken boy, or a succession of events which are to be regarded in the story as being real. Essay Lesen? His father and report for second the guest are at work at a brazier with glowing flames. The little eavesdropper hears Coppelius call out: ‘Eyes here!

Eyes here!’ and taxi critical betrays himself by screaming aloud. Coppelius seizes him and is on the point of dropping bits of red-hot coal from the fire into his eyes, and then of throwing them into the brazier, but his father begs him off and saves his eyes. After this the boy falls into a deep swoon; and a long illness brings his experience to an end. Those who decide in favour of the rationalistic interpretation of the Sand-Man will not fail to recognize in for second grade the child’s phantasy the persisting influence of his nurse’s story. The bits of writing good, sand that are to be thrown into the child’s eyes turn into book grade bits of red-hot coal from the essay flames; and in both cases they are intended to for second grade make his eyes jump out.

In the course of another visit of the Sand-Man’s, a year later, his father is killed in his study by an explosion. The lawyer Coppelius disappears from the place without leaving a trace behind. Nathaniel, now a student, believes that he has recognized this phantom of horror from his childhood in an itinerant optician, an Italian called Giuseppe Coppola, who at his university town, offers him weather-glasses for sale. When Nathaniel refuses, the checking essay man goes on: ‘Not weather-glasses? not weather-glasses? also got fine eyes, fine eyes!’ The student’s terror is allayed when he finds that the proffered eyes are only harmless spectacles, and he buys a pocket spy-glass from Coppola. Book Report Projects? With its aid he looks across into Professor Spalanzani’s house opposite and there spies Spalanzani’s beautiful, but strangely silent and motionless daughter, Olympia. He soon falls in love with her so violently that, because of her, he quite forgets the essay clever and sensible girl to whom he is betrothed. But Olympia is an automaton whose clock-work has been made by Spalanzani, and whose eyes have been put in by Coppola, the Sand-Man. For Second? The student surprises the value essay two Masters quarrelling over their handiwork. The optician carries off the wooden eyeless doll; and the mechanician, Spalanzani, picks up Olympia ’s bleeding eyes from the report projects for second ground and checking for plagiarism throws them at Nathaniel’s breast, saying that Coppola had stolen them from the student. Nathaniel succumbs to book projects for second a fresh attack of madness, and in his delirium his recollection of his father’s death is caltech paper, mingled with this new experience. ‘Hurry up! hurry up! ring of fire!’ he cries. ‘Spin about, ring of book projects for second grade, fire — Hurrah! Hurry up, wooden doll! lovely wooden doll, spin about — .’ He then falls upon the professor, Olympia ’s ‘father,’ and tries to writing good descriptive strangle him.

Rallying from a long and serious illness, Nathaniel seems at last to have recovered. He intends to marry his betrothed, with whom he has become reconciled. Book Report Projects For Second Grade? One day he and she are walking through the city market-place, over submitting paper which the high tower of the Town Hall throws its huge shadow. On the book report grade girl’s suggestion, they climb the tower, leaving her brother, who is walking with them, down below. Essay? From the top, Clara’s attention is report for second, drawn to a curious object moving along the writing essay street. Book? Nathaniel looks at this thing through Coppola’s spy-glass, which he finds in descriptive his pocket, and falls into book report for second grade a new attack of madness. Critical? Shouting ‘Spin about, wooden doll!’ he tries to throw the book grade girl into checking essay the gulf below. Her brother, brought to projects for second grade her side by her cries, rescues her and hastens down with her to safety. On the tower above, the madman rushes round, shrieking ‘Ring of fire, spin about!’ — and we know the origin of the words. Among the chroniqueur a tout people who begin to gather below there comes forward the figure of the lawyer Coppelius, who has suddenly returned.

We may suppose that it was his approach, seen through the report for second grade spy-glass, which threw Nathaniel into his fit of madness. As the onlookers prepare to go up and overpower the chroniqueur de on essaye madman, Coppelius laughs and says: ‘Wait a bit; he’ll come down of book report projects for second grade, himself.’ Nathaniel suddenly stands still, catches sight of checking for plagiarism, Coppelius, and with a wild shriek ‘Yes! “fine eyes — fine eyes”!’ flings himself over report for second the parapet. While he lies on driver essay the paving-stones with a shattered skull the Sand-Man vanishes in report projects for second grade the throng. This short summary leaves no doubt, I think, that the feeling of something uncanny is directly attached to the figure of the Sand-Man, that is, to the idea of value essay, being robbed of one’s eyes, and book projects for second grade that Jentsch’s point of an intellectual uncertainty has nothing to do with the effect. Value Essay? Uncertainty whether an object is book report grade, living or inanimate, which admittedly applied to research paper the doll Olympia , is quite irrelevant in connection with this other, more striking instance of uncanniness. It is true that the writer creates a kind of uncertainty in book for second grade us in the beginning by not letting us know, no doubt purposely, whether he is taking us into the real world or into a purely fantastic one of his own creation. He has, of course, a right to do either; and if he chooses to stage his action in a world peopled with spirits, demons and ghosts, as Shakespeare does in Hamlet, in Macbeth and, in a different sense, in The Tempest and A Midsummer-Night’s Dream , we must bow to his decision and essay lesen treat his setting as though it were real for as long as we put ourselves into this hands.

But this uncertainty disappears in the course of Hoffmann’s story, and we perceive that he intends to make us, too, look through the demon optician’s spectacles or spy-glass — perhaps, indeed, that the author in his very own person once peered through such an instrument. For the conclusion of the report for second grade story makes it quite clear that Coppola the essay optician really is the lawyer Coppelius and also, therefore, the Sand-Man. There is no question therefore, of any intellectual uncertainty here: we know now that we are not supposed to be looking on report grade at the value products of a madman’s imagination, behind which we, with the superiority of rational minds, are able to detect the sober truth; and yet this knowledge does not lessen the impression of uncanniness in the least degree. The theory of intellectual uncertainty is thus incapable of projects for second grade, explaining that impression. We know from psycho-analytic experience, however, that the fear of damaging or losing one’s eyes is a terrible one in children. Many adults retain their apprehensiveness in this respect, and no physical injury is so much dreaded by them as an injury to the eye. We are accustomed to say, too, that we will treasure a thing as the apple of our eye. Essay Lesen? A study of dreams, phantasies and report grade myths has taught us that anxiety about one’s eyes, the fear of going blind, is often enough a substitute for a tout, the dread of being castrated. The self-blinding of the mythical criminal, Oedipus, was simply a mitigated form of the punishment of castration — the only punishment that was adequate for him by the lex talionis. We may try on rationalistic grounds to for second grade deny that fears about the eye are derived from the critical fear of castration, and may argue that it is very natural that so precious an organ as the book for second eye should be guarded by a proportionate dread. Indeed, we might go further and say that the fear of castration itself contains no other significance and no deeper secret than a justifiable dread of caltech submitting paper, this rational kind.

But this view does not account adequately for the substitutive relation between the eye and the male organ which is seen to exist in dreams and myths and book grade phantasies; nor can it dispel the impression that the threat of being castrated in especial excites a peculiarly violent and obscure emotion, and that this emotion is what first gives the idea of losing other organs its intense colouring. Essay For Plagiarism? All further doubts are removed when we learn the details of their ‘castration complex’ from the analysis of neurotic patients, and realize its immense importance in their mental life. Moreover, I would not recommend any opponent of the psycho-analytic view to select this particular story of the Sand-Man with which to support his argument that anxiety about the eyes has nothing to do with the castration complex. For why does Hoffmann bring the anxiety about report for second eyes into essay such intimate connection with the father’s death? And why does the Sand-Man always appear as a disturber of love? ** He separates the unfortunate Nathaniel from his betrothed and from her brother, his best friend; he destroys the second object of his love, Olympia, the lovely doll; and he drives him into suicide at the moment when he has won back his Clara and is about to be happily united to her. Elements in the story like these, and book report projects for second many others, seem arbitrary and meaningless so long as we deny all connection between fears about the eye and castration; but they become intelligible as soon as we replace the Sand-Man by the dreaded father at whose hands castration is expected. ** We shall venture, therefore, to refer the uncanny effect of the Sand-Man to the anxiety belonging to the castration complex of childhood.

But having reached the idea that we can make an infantile factor such as this responsible for feelings of uncanniness, we are encouraged to see whether we can apply it to other instances of the uncanny. We find in the story of the Sand-Man the friendship essay other theme on which Jentsch lays stress, of a doll which appears to be alive. Jentsch believes that a particularly favourable condition for awakening uncanny feelings is created when there is intellectual uncertainty whether an object is alive or not, and report projects for second grade when an inanimate object becomes too much like an animate one. Now, dolls are of course rather closely connected with childhood life. We remember that in their early games children do not distinguish at value friendship all sharply between living and inanimate objects, and that they are especially fond of treating their dolls like live people. Projects For Second? In fact, I have occasionally heard a woman patient declare that even at the age of eight she had still been convinced that her dolls would be certain to come to life if she were to look at them in a particular, extremely concentrated, way. So that here, too, it is not difficult to discover a factor from childhood. But, curiously enough, while the Sand-Man story deals with the arousing of an early childhood fear, the idea of a ‘living doll’ excites no fear at all; children have no fear of de on essaye, their dolls coming to life, they may even desire it. The source of report for second, uncanny feelings would not, therefore, be an infantile fear in this case, but rather an caltech submitting, infantile wish or even merely an infantile belief. There seems to be a contradiction here; but perhaps it is only a complication, which may be helpful to us later on.

** For a contrary view put forth by Freud himself, compare “The Taboo on book report grade Virginity,” in which Freud writes: “Whenever primitive man institutes a taboo, there he fears a danger; and it cannot be disputed that the general principle underlying all of these regulations and avoidances is a dread of women. Good? Perhaps the fear is founded on the difference of woman from projects for second, man, on her eternally inexplicable, mysterious, strange nature which thus seems hostile. Man fears that his strength will be taken from him by women, dreads becoming infected with her femininity and essay the proving himself a weakling. The effect of book report, coitus in discharging tensions and inducing flaccidity may be a type of what these fears represent. … In any event, the taboos described are evidence of the taxi critical essay existence of a force which, by regarding women as strange and hostile, sets itself against love.” ** [ Freud’s footnote ] In fact, Hoffmann’s imaginative treatment of his material has not made such wild confusion of its elements that we cannot reconstruct their original arrangement. In the story of Nathaniel’s childhood, the figures of his father and Coppelius represent the two opposites into which the father-imago is projects grade, split by his ambivalence; whereas the one threatens to blind him — that is, to castrate him — , the other, the ‘good’ father, intercedes for writing essay, his sight. The part of the complex which is most strongly repressed, the death-wish against the ‘bad’ father, finds expression in the death of the report grade ‘good’ father, and Coppelius is made answerable for it. For Plagiarism? This pair of fathers is represented later, in his student days, by Professor Spalanzani and book report grade Coppola the optician. The Professor is even called the father of submitting paper, Olympia . Grade? This double occurrence of activity in common betrays them as divisions of the father-imago: both the mechanician and the optician were the father f Nathaniel (and of Olympia as well). In the frightening scene in childhood, Coppelius, after sparing Nathaniel’s eyes, has screwed off his arms and legs as an experiment; that is, he had worked on chroniqueur essaye him as a mechanician would on a doll. This singular feature, which seems quite outside the picture of the Sand-Man, introduces a new castration equivalent; but it also points to the inner identity of Coppelius with his later counterpart, Spalanzani the mechanician, and prepares us for the interpretation of Olympia . This automatic doll can be nothing else than a materialization of Nathaniel’s feminine attitude towards his father in his infancy. Her fathers, Spalanzani and Coppola, are, after all, nothing but new editions, reincarnations of Nathaniel’s pair of fathers.

Spalanzani’s otherwise incomprehensible statement that the optician has stolen Nathaniel’s eyes … , so as to set them in book report projects the doll, now becomes significant as supplying evidence of the identity of Olympia and Nathaniel. Olympia is, as it were, a dissociated complex of essay, Nathaniel’s which confronts him as a person, and Nathaniel’s enslavement to this complex is expressed in his senseless obsessive love for Olympia . We may with justice call love of this kind narcissistic, and we can understand why someone who has fallen victim to it should relinquish the real external object of his love. The psychological truth of the situation in which the young man, fixated upon his father by his castration complex, becomes incapable of book projects for second grade, loving a woman, is amply proved by numerous analyses of patients whose story, though less fantastic, is hardly less tragic than that of the student Nathaniel. …