Date: 2.26.2017 / Article Rating: 4 / Votes: 6022 #Essays in love quotes

Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Essays in love quotes

Essay Writer | Write My Essay For Me Service - essays in love quotes - University of Portland

Dec/Mon/2017 | Uncategorized

Thesis & Essays: Buy Local Essay Best Texts! - On Love Quotes by Alain de Botton - Goodreads - St. Lawrence University

Dec 18, 2017 Essays in love quotes,

Can I Pay Someone To Write My Essay For Me | Essay Campus - Alain de Botton Quotes - BrainyQuote - St. Olaf College

Best Cover Letter Format Guide for Internships. Written by in love Laura Riley. Updated April 24, 2017. Thesis Statement? Laura Riley is a writer who specializes in career advice and quotes professional development. Of Children? She has a Master’s degree in Student Affairs in Higher Education from essays quotes Miami University. In this article, I will explain why the hie 208 essay, cover letter format is quotes crucial to hie 208 essay your success. I will show you how to in love quotes best format your cover letter to socialization of children improve your chances of getting an quotes interview. More specifically, here’s what I will cover: I bet you’ve experienced this before: You meet a person and immediately think, “This person could be my new best friend.” Or maybe it’s the opposite: You meet someone and immediately don’t like them. And Rules Essay? While your opinion may change over essays in love time, first impressions are undoubtedly important. From casual introductions to job applications, you want to socialization make a good first impression.

When it comes to applying for essays, an application, your cover letter provides an opportunity to find essay vacation make that critical good first impression with a potential employer. That’s why your cover letterand how it’s formattedis a big deal. Why Does the essays in love, Format of history, a Cover Letter Matter? According to a survey conducted by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), 83% of recruiters spend 60 seconds or less reading an applicant’s cover letter. You may be thinking, “So why does a cover letter even matter?”. In Love? If that’s the case, you’re missing the point. Instead, you should be asking, “How can I make a good impression in thesis statement on fear 60 seconds?”

Recruiters sort through hundreds (if not thousands) of cover letters for essays in love, each open position. Many of these applications are quickly tossed into the trash. Narrowing Topic? What's the in love quotes, bottom line? The quality of your cover letter matters. How Should I Format My Cover Letter? Before I jump into formatting specifics, I want to explain the purpose of hie 208 essay, a cover letter. You want to accomplish three main goals in essays in love your letter: Introduce yourself to history of tennis a prospective employer. Essays In Love? Communicate your interest in a specific position and company. Explain how you’re a well-qualified candidate for the position.

While there are different formats, every well-written cover letter includes an narrowing down a research paper topic introduction, body, and closing. Essays In Love? Introduction : introduces yourself and essay explains why you are writing. Body : communicates how you’re qualified for in love quotes, the position and and rules essay why the essays in love, employer should interview you. And Dr Jekyll? Conclusion : summarizes your qualifications and thanks the essays, employer for their time. Hie 208 Essay? In addition, there are several formatting rules you need to follow regarding the essays in love quotes, header, date, address, salutation, length, margins, font size, font style, color, quantity of find written on your vacation spot, paragraphs, and bullet point usage. I will cover these later in quotes the article.

When you apply for a job, you typically submit an written on your vacation spot application, resumé, and professional cover letter. The cover letter provides additional information, or expands on information briefly listed on in love, your resumé. Find Essay On Your Vacation? It’s your opportunity to in love quotes communicate why you’re the best candidate for the job. A cover letter should never regurgitate the down a research, same information that’s on your resumé. By repeating information, you waste an essays in love opportunity to share more of find essay on your favorite vacation spot, your professional story.

After the employer reads your cover letter, you want them to read your resumé, check out essays your LinkedIn profile, visit your online portfolio, and thesis for monster most importantly, invite you to in love an interview . Essay Vacation Spot? How Long Should Your Cover Letter Be? While a cover letter gives you a chance to essays in love quotes tell your story, you aren’t writing a novel. On Your Vacation Spot? A cover letter should never be longer than one, single-spaced page . Your letter will generally be 200-400 words long. It’s best to essays use standard 1-inch margins, but margins as small as .5 inches are appropriate. History And Rules? Whatever size you choose, make sure the essays quotes, margins are consistent on down a research paper, all sides. What Types of in love quotes, Cover Letter Formats Are There? There are several different formats for cover letters.

The format you decide to use will ultimately depend on a research topic, your level of experience and the type of in love, position you’re applying for. Narrowing Down A Research Paper Topic? I’ll show you four different types: Paragraph cover letter Bullet-point cover letter “Make-the-Match” cover letter T-Format cover letter. I’ll describe each format, share a full-length example, discuss who should use each type, and outline the quotes, benefits and challenges of of children essays, each option. I’ll also provide tips for overcoming the common challenges. Read through each option before determining which format is most appropriate for you. Essays? Let’s start with the most common format: the paragraph cover letter. Essay On Peace In Pakistan? 1. Essays In Love Quotes? Paragraph Cover Letters (Most Common) A traditional cover letter is written in jekyll and mr hyde essay paragraph form. In Love? At times, this format is down paper topic also referred to as standard, or block format. A standard, paragraph cover letter is comprised of essays in love quotes, 3-5 short paragraphs. Thesis On Fear? It’s important to break your cover letter into essays in love quotes bite-size paragraphs. If you opened up a textbook to a research topic one solid block of text, you’d quickly be overwhelmed by the prospect of reading it.

And let’s be realyou might actually close the book and not even start. The same goes for quotes, someone reading your cover letter. They aren’t interested in essays reading a dense novel that explains every single professional experience. Break it up into essays quotes shorter paragraphs. Who Should Use a Paragraph Cover Letter? A traditional, paragraph cover letter can be used by jekyll and mr every professional, at any level, in any industry. Essays Quotes? The sample below is a senior college student applying for an internship. Example of for monster, a Paragraph Cover Letter. Essays In Love? Dear Andi Thompson, When I discovered the marketing internship position with XYZ Digital Agency on, I was excited by statement the chance to in love complement my academic coursework with hands-on experience.

In May, I will graduate with a Bachelor of on fear, Business Administration with a concentration in in love quotes Marketing from the University of and dr jekyll and mr, Southern California. Essays In Love Quotes? I am qualified for statement on fear, this position based on essays in love quotes, my marketing coursework, leadership experience at thesis on fear, USC, and my on-campus position with the Office of quotes, Student Activities and hie 208 essay Greek Life. Over the quotes, past three years, I have completed several marketing courses including Advertising and Promotion Management, Professional Selling, and New Product Development and Branding. Through these courses, I have learned how to trucks grow and manage strong brands by essays in love fulfilling the thesis statement on fear, needs of quotes, customers and developing long-term relationships. I will leverage this knowledge to advance XYZ Digital Agency’s marketing projects.

Additionally, I am involved in find on your favorite our on-campus Association of Innovative Marketing Consulting (AIM), a student-run organization that provides consultancy services for quotes, a wide-range of thesis statement on fear, clients. Quotes? As the trucks, Vice President of the essays quotes, organization, I lead a group of 30+ students and coordinate semester-long projects from essay on peace start to finish. Lastly, I work in quotes the Office of Student Activities and Greek Life planning and promoting events. Written Vacation? I have learned how to determine target audiences, cater to their needs, and in love engage them through numerous social media channels. This experience will prove advantageous when implementing social media campaigns for your clients. My marketing coursework, leadership experience, and on-campus position have prepared me well for and rules of tennis, the marketing internship position with XYZ Digital Agency. I am very interested in essays in love quotes this opportunity and history and rules of tennis look forward to speaking with you soon. In Love? Thank you for essay on peace, your consideration. What Are the Pros and essays Cons of Paragraph Cover Letters? There are undoubtedly pros and cons to every cover letter format. Frankenstein And Dr? Recruiters and in love hiring managers prefer different formats for different reasons.

Assess your situation, where you’re applying, and your level of experience. Below are several pros and cons to the standard, paragraph cover letter. Written Favorite Spot? As a traditional letter, the essays, format helps you tell a cohesive story. There are no bullet points or bold words breaking up your narrative. Find On Your? Because this is a traditional format, it can be hard to break out of the essays in love quotes, box. and essays distinguish yourself. A bullet point cover letter is similar to essays in love a traditional cover letter. You still include an find essay on your favorite vacation spot introduction, body, and conclusion, but you present your main qualifications through bullet points. Quotes? Each bullet point highlights one relevant skill, qualification, or experience. For example, you may highlight your coursework, past internship experience, degree, leadership involvement, or your communication skills. Narrowing A Research Topic? Each bullet point consists of only one or two brief sentences.

Who Should Use a Bullet Point Cover Letter? A bullet point cover letter can be used by every professional, at any level, in in love quotes any industry (just like the essay on peace in pakistan, traditional letter). It is quotes particularly appropriate for college students applying for thesis for monster, internships, or individuals who lack experience. Example of essays in love, a Bullet Point Cover Letter. Dear Andi Thompson, I was immediately drawn to the marketing internship position with XYZ Digital Agency on It provides an opportunity to find on your favorite vacation spot gain hands-on experience in essays in love quotes my desired field of essay on your favorite vacation, study. In Love? In May, I will graduate with a Bachelor of hie 208 essay, Business Administration with a concentration in Marketing from the University of Southern California. I am qualified for this position based on my marketing coursework, leadership experience at USC, and my on-campus position with the Office of in love, Student Activities and frankenstein jekyll and mr essay Greek Life. In Love Quotes? Marketing Coursework: I have completed marketing courses including Advertising and history of tennis Promotion Management, Professional Selling, and New Product Development and in love Branding. I know how to find essay written grow and manage strong brands. Association of Innovative Marketing Consulting (AIM): I am the quotes, Vice President of a student-run organization that provides consultancy services for frankenstein and mr hyde, a wide-range of essays in love, clients.

I lead a group of 30+ students and thesis trucks coordinate semester-long projects. Office of Student Activities and Greek Life: I help plan and essays in love promote events. I have learned how to engage our target audiences through social media channels. Thesis Trucks? My coursework, leadership experience, and on-campus position have prepared me well for the marketing internship position with XYZ Digital Agency. Thank you for your consideration. Quotes? I look forward to socialization speaking with you soon. In Love? What Are the Pros and Cons of Bullet Point Cover Letters? As I mentioned, there are pros and cons to each type of format. Many recruiters appreciate cover letters that are short and written favorite spot sweet.

Since recruiters sort through hundreds of essays quotes, cover letters each day, a bullet point cover letter can make their job easier. Narrowing A Research Paper? Right now, listicles (or articles in list-format) like “25 things you must know about quotes, macaroni”, or “10 cats you need in your life today” are popular. People enjoy reading listicles because they’re easy to thesis for monster trucks skim. It’s the in love, same with cover letters. Many recruiters enjoy cover letters that use bullet points because they’re easy to read. A bullet point cover letter forces you to narrowing down a research paper simplify your ideas. Quotes? What are the three main points you want to vacation spot convey?

This helps you stay on quotes, point. And Rules? If you highlight three irrelevant points, you may seem unqualifiedlike you didn’t even read the essays in love quotes, job description. The third cover letter format is a research topic what I like to call “make-the-match”. It’s exactly what it sounds like. You’re matching your qualifications to what the essays in love quotes, company seeks. It can instantly demonstrate that you’re the perfect candidate. Think about and mr, it like a date. In Love Quotes? Let’s say you’re setting up two friends, Finley and socialization Jamie, on a blind date.

You know Jamie appreciates humor and essays in love quotes Finley is hie 208 essay incredibly funny. You know Jamie enjoys hiking and essays quotes Finley is an environmental studies major. And Dr? You’re making the quotes, match . It’s a similar process when writing a make-the-match cover letter. Like the essay on peace in pakistan, previous formats, you start with an opening paragraph and close with a conclusion. The central paragraph is essays in love quotes where things differ. Rather than write a traditional paragraph cover letter, or a more succinct bullet point cover letter, you list 3-4 requirements the find written vacation spot, employer seeks and respond with your own matching qualifications.

This is a great way to essays in love ensure the on fear, content of in love, your cover letter demonstrates the qualifications that are most relevant to history of tennis the position and essays in love company you’re applying for. Who Should Use a Make-the-Match Cover Letter? The format of this cover letter necessitates some experience. Statement On Fear? You could use this when applying for your first full-time position, or shortly after you graduate. Example of a Make-the-Match Cover Letter. Dear Andi Thompson, When I discovered the marketing internship position with XYZ Digital Agency on, I was excited by the chance to essays quotes complement my academic coursework with hands-on experience. For Monster? In May, I will graduate with a Bachelor of Business Administration with a concentration in Marketing from the essays quotes, University of Southern California.

I am qualified for this position based on my marketing coursework, leadership experience at USC, and my on-campus position. Given your most critical needs, this is for monster how I can make an immediate impact with your organization: Advance XYZ Digital Agency’s marketing projects. Essays In Love Quotes? Over the narrowing paper, past three years, I have completed several marketing courses including Advertising and Promotion Management, Professional Selling, and essays New Product Development. I know how to grow and history of tennis essay manage strong brands by essays in love quotes fulfilling the and dr jekyll, needs of customers and developing long-term relationships. Provide consultancy services to essays in love XYZ Digital Agency’s diverse clients. I am involved in our on-campus Association of Innovative Marketing Consulting (AIM), a student-run organization that provides consultancy services.

As the Vice President of the organization, I lead a group of 30+ students and hie 208 essay coordinate semester-long projects. Implement social media campaigns for your clients. Essays Quotes? I work in the Office of Student Activities and of children Greek Life planning and promoting events. Essays? I have learned how to socialization of children essays determine target audiences, cater to their needs, and engage them through numerous social media channels. I am very interested in this opportunity and essays in love look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thank you for your consideration. Hie 208 Essay? What Are the Pros and essays in love Cons of thesis, Make-the-Match Cover Letters? The name says it all. By making the quotes, match, you connect what the employer seeks to narrowing a research paper your qualifications. This is a great way to tailor your cover letter to in love quotes the position and company. If you miss the on peace in pakistan, mark and highlight three irrelevant points, you will appear unqualified. A fourth option is to format the essays in love, body of the cover letter into two columns.

This is called a “T-Format” cover letter. Hyde? In the left column, you highlight exactly what you can do for the company. In the essays, right column, you include evidence to support your claim. This format is very similar to the “make-the-match” format, but instead of organizing the content in paragraphs, it’s sorted into two columns. Narrowing? This is how the main section of in love quotes, a T-Format cover letter looks: Advance XYZ Digital Agency’s marketing projects. And Dr Jekyll Hyde? I have completed marketing courses including Advertising, Professional Selling, and Product Development. In Love Quotes? I have learned how to grow and and mr essay manage strong brands by fulfilling the needs of customers. Provide consultancy services to in love quotes XYZ Digital Agency’s diverse clients.

I am involved in our on-campus Association of Innovative Marketing Consulting (AIM), a student-run organization that provides consultancy services. As the Vice President of the organization, I lead a group of 30+ students and in pakistan coordinate semester-long projects. Implement social media campaigns for essays quotes, your clients. I work in the Office of socialization of children essays, Student Activities and Greek Life planning and promoting events. I have learned how to determine target audiences, cater to essays in love quotes their needs, and engage them through social media channels. What Are the find written, Pros and Cons of T-Format Cover Letters? Connects what the employer seeks with the essays quotes, qualifications you offer. You’re saying, “I’m exactly what you’re looking for and here’s how!” As a non-traditional format, it can be harder to narrowing down digest a t-format cover letter. When choosing a font, make sure it’s easy to essays read. Some appropriate fonts include Arial, Calibri, Garamond, Georgia, Tahoma, or Times New Roman.

Stay away from fancy curls and fonts that only belong on history of tennis, horror movie posters. In Love Quotes? As a way to thesis on fear brand yourself, you may choose a different font for your name in essays quotes the header of thesis statement, your cover letter. Other than this exception, be sure to essays quotes use the essay, same font throughout for consistency’s sake. Use size 10- to 12-point font . This will ensure the font is essays in love large enough to read, but small enough to create a professional and hie 208 essay polished look. You’re not writing a children’s book, or a large print book for your grandparents. Essays In Love? It’s best to use standard 1-inch margins, but you may use margins as small as .5 inches. Whatever you choose, be sure the narrowing a research paper, margins are consistent on all sides. In Love Quotes? Your cover letter needs to history of tennis essay reflect your professionalism. Essays In Love Quotes? One way to find written on your favorite vacation do this is to use paper to essays in love help convey this message.

While you’ll typically submit your resumé and frankenstein and dr jekyll cover letter via email or an online system, there are times when it’s necessary to print your documents. For example, when you: Hand out your cover letter to in love quotes multiple recruiters at a career fair Bring along extra copies of your cover letter to essay in pakistan an in-person interview Mail in a hard-copy of essays quotes, your application. If you’re printing your cover letter for hie 208 essay, any of these reasons, it’s best to quotes use black ink on find essay written vacation spot, white, cream, or ivory paper. While paper may seem like a minor detail, your paper still contributes to the first impression. If you can’t afford, or do not have access to high-quality, thick resumé paper, then regular 8.5” x 11” paper will do the in love, trick. Frankenstein Hyde? If you’re lucky, your university Career Center may actually provide resumé paper and printing services. Quotes? 5 Common Cover Letter Format Mistakes to Avoid. Don’t make it too short.

While a cover letter is undoubtedly short (no longer than one page), make sure your letter isn’t too short. Socialization? A cover letter that’s too short, like “Attached you will find my enclosed resumé,” signifies a lazy, uninformed applicant. Take advantage of this opportunity to essays showcase your skills and qualifications. Refrain from being too text heavy. Down Paper? You can also make the opposite essays in love quotes mistake by frankenstein and dr jekyll hyde essay writing a cover letter that’s too text heavy. Even if you fit it on essays in love, one page, if you cram too much information in, the recruiter may not have time to sort through your letter and essays determine what’s important.

Instead, focus on the most relevant skills you can provide and essays cut the narrowing a research paper, rest. If it doesn’t directly apply to in love the position and essay in pakistan companyget rid of it. Don’t use a font that’s hard to essays in love read. One of the hie 208 essay, worstand most heartbreakingmistakes you can make is to essays in love write an excellent cover letter, but use a font (or font size) that’s hard to essay on peace read. You don’t want the in love, recruiter to essay written on your favorite strain her eyes, or have to work, to understand your cover letter. Don’t make it too complex. In Love? You’re not writing a research paper. Simplify. Frankenstein And Dr Jekyll And Mr Hyde Essay? I see it all the time.

Applicants want to essays in love quotes tell a potential employer every little detail. This is find essay spot understandable. Quotes? I get that you want to make a good impression, but overcompensating and socialization adding way too much information doesn’t help your chances. Simplify your content. This will help highlight what’s most important. Don’t copy and essays in love quotes paste a template. If you search the internet for how to trucks write a cover letter, you’ll discover a multitude of quotes, cover letter templates. While these templates may be a great place to of tennis start, you still need to tailor the content.

Insert your personality and write something unique. Essays? Recruiters can easily distinguish templates from for monster trucks tailored and personalized letters. In Love? Use the and rules essay, correct name of the essays quotes, hiring manager or recruiter in history of tennis essay your salutation. It’s no longer acceptable to use “To Whom it May Concern”. Essays Quotes? We have the technology to socialization essays find a real name. In Love Quotes? Do a little bit of on peace, detective work. Essays? If the company does not list a hiring manager on the job description itself, you can check the company website or search on thesis, LinkedIn. Quotes? If you still can’t find a name, address your letter to: “Dear hiring manager” as a last resort. This is more common in large organizations with complex hiring processes. Match the formatting of your resumé and and mr hyde essay cover letter.

Your application, resumé, and essays quotes cover letter, are a way to frankenstein jekyll and mr communicate your professional brand. When it comes to formatting cover letters and quotes resum és, it’s advantageous to use a consistent font and style. Not only is this aesthetically pleasing, but it creates a uniform brand that is uniquely you. Carefully proofread your letter. Narrowing Down A Research? I can’t say this enough.

From your margins to quotes the size of narrowing topic, your font, you don’t want errors. Inconsistencies and typos can quickly disqualify you from an quotes application pool. While it may seem petty to trash an socialization applicant because they used a 10-point font in their introduction and 12-point font in their conclusion, this signifies a lack of attention to detail. Essays Quotes? Make sure you proofread your letter. Some effective ways to on fear proofread include: Read your cover letter out loud. In Love? Use the text-to-speech function on your computer and have your computer read your cover letter out on peace in pakistan loud. Ask a friend or mentor to essays review your cover letter. Or better yet, do all three! Stick to what’s most relevant.

You can avoid the issue of rambling and boring the recruiter by sticking to hie 208 essay what’s most relevant. Take a look at the job description and essays quotes focus on exactly what they’re asking for. You don’t want to overwhelm the recruiter with blocks of essay on peace in pakistan, text. In Love Quotes? Focus on narrowing down, the most relevant qualifications and rely on essays in love quotes, your resumé and (hopefully) an interview to tell the rest of your story! If you start with a template, de-template it. What I mean by de-template is, don’t submit something that looks like you downloaded it from the internet and history and rules of tennis essay filled in in love quotes your name and major. There’s nothing wrong with using a template to get started, but make sure the history of tennis essay, end product is uniquely you.

Ensure that any ideas from the template blend with your own ideas. While the essays in love, format of your cover letter may seem like a small detail, it’s not. It signifies professionalism and your attention to detail. Thesis For Monster? While you want your cover letter to in love quotes reflect your uniqueness, don’t get super creative with the formatting, font, or design. Jekyll? Always make sure you include a header with your contact information, the date you’re applying, the quotes, company address, a greeting, an intro, body, and and rules conclusion.

Your situation will dictate what type of in love quotes, cover letter you choose to writewhether you use a standard block format, bullet points, or a “make-the-match”. Thesis? Remember, first impressions matter. Take time to in love quotes craft a professional, polished, well-formatted cover letter.

What should i write my paper about - Essay Writing Service - Love - Wikiquote - Auburn University

Essays in love quotes

Write My Paper Apa Format - Bow wow essays on love - Segway Geelong - Federal University Of Agriculture Abeokuta

Buy Local Essays - B>Quotes By Alain de Bottom, The Author of Essays In… - University of North Carolina - Wilmington

Writing the A2 Art Personal Study: examples, help and guidance. February 8, 2017 by Amiria Gale. This article has been written for CIE A Level Art students who are working on their A2 Art Personal Study. It focuses purely on essays how to write the down a research paper topic text of the Study; a previous article outlines how to come up with a good topic; a future article will address the illustrations and presentation methods. The Personal Study is an area of uncertainty for many A Level Art students. It differs from projects that are usually completed within high school Art programmes, as it involves a substantial written component (maximum 3,500 words) – something which can intimidate students, especially if they are unfamiliar with how to critically analyse an artwork, make informed judgements and write personal evaluations. In Love Quotes. With few examples of quality Personal Studies available, it can be difficult to know what is expected and how to begin. This article aims to ease this uncertainty and to essays make the Personal Study a more easily understood Component. This is the cover page of an essays in love quotes A* Personal Study by thesis statement, Nikau Hindin, exploring the topic: ‘Identity, Consumerism, Popular Culture: How Composition Conveys a Message’. The project analyses artwork by New Zealand artist Kelsy Taratoa. The Personal Study should be comprised of informed personal views – that is, views that are supported and shaped by an in-depth understanding of the issues discussed.

Before starting the project, students should conduct thorough background research, selecting and recording information from second-hand sources (such as books, websites and quotes other publications) and first-hand sources (interviews with artists, studio visits / gallery visits etc). For Monster. Interviews with artists should be planned thoroughly, after preliminary second-hand research has been completed (as findings from research will suggest important issues to discuss with the artist). Students are often uncertain about how to phrase questions, so sample questions have been included below (the exact questions asked will depend on essays in love quotes the topic and and dr jekyll and mr hyde essay focus of the study): Please talk me through the process you follow when designing your paintings. Do you work instinctively, directly onto the canvas, or are your works pre-planned, using sketches and essays quotes photographs? What influences your choice of narrowing down paper topic, colour? I am interested particularly in the colours used in [insert name of painting/s]. Could you explain your thought process behind the use of colour in this work, particularly the [give example]? I notice that your work has been described as [insert relevant comment from second-hand sources].

Do you agree with this statement? How do you respond to this? I notice that [insert an aesthetic feature of their artwork i.e. ‘angular line’ or ‘organic form’] is a dominant feature of your work. Is this strongly connected to the ideas that you are exploring? Have you used these elements deliberately? Can you show me work in progress or semi-complete artwork? I would love to understand the process you go through and how you apply media at different stages. Are there any tips you would give to someone who was attempting to emulate your painting style? Which artists have influenced your work?

In what way has your work been shaped by others people, events or situations? 2. Evaluate and interpret research findings. Conducting research is critical for essays in love quotes, creating an excellent Personal Study, however, it should be noted that submitting research on its own will not gain a student any marks. Photocopying, cutting and pasting or transcribing information from other sources is not acceptable. Examiners do not want to read long lists of on peace, facts or chronological sequences of events. They do not want long-winded technical processes or the inclusion of broad periods of art history; nor entire interviews with artists (interviews can be submitted as part of an appendix if necessary). Students should not include an extensive artist biography (only brief and essays in love relevant details are needed) nor include vast passages of socialization essays, text that have been regurgitated from other sources. Instead, students must select the in love information which is relevant and analyse this in thesis statement on fear detail, evaluating and interpreting findings in relation to the focus of their study . Research should be used to help form intelligent, knowledgeable, personal responses : to explain, justify or support the quotes viewpoints, judgements and conclusions that are presented. Evidence of research might be demonstrated, for example, through the use of carefully chosen quotes (to support or contrast the student’s own ideas) or through the inclusion of correct terminology and background knowledge to communicate an in-depth understanding of relevant issues. Evidence might also be indicated photographically, with images depicting first-hand meetings between the student and artist/s.

This Personal Study by for monster trucks, CIE A2 Level Art and Design student Alice Ham, from ACG Parnell College, shows a cleverly selected quote alongside images by New Zealand charcoal artist Liam Gerrard. Alice was awarded full marks (100%) for this component (99% overall for A Level). A carefully composed Personal Study page for 9704 CIE Art and Design. 3. Structure the essays in love Personal Study in a logical and clear manner. Before writing the narrowing down paper topic Personal Study, students should plan the content, order and essays structure of history and rules of tennis, their study thoroughly (often in conjunction with planning the layout of their project – this will discussed in more detail in a subsequent post). This should include headings and subheadings of material discussed and rough diagrams indicating how this will be supported by images. The proposed structure should then be checked and approved by a teacher, with recommendations and clear guidance given. While the structure of each Personal Study will differ, depending on the topic chosen, every study should follow the basic format outlined below: Introduction . This is where students outline the purpose, focus or mission of their study. This may include question/s they are going to answer; themes they are going to explore; issues they hope to address etc.

It should set the scene for the project and may include reasons for essays in love quotes, selecting a topic and history of tennis an indication of how / why the in love quotes topic is of personal relevance or interest to the student. It is important that the intentions of the project are clearly set out in this section, so that the remainder of the project can be structured accordingly. Body . This is the thesis trucks main part of the Personal Study and will need careful thought. It is usually organised into essays quotes separate sections (which may be formal chapters, or simply different areas of a visual study), usually with individual headings and sometimes sub-headings. (I recommend wording headings so that they sum up the material contained – i.e. ‘ Analysis of for monster trucks, Composition: [artwork title] ’ rather than ‘ Chapter 3 ’. This means that the examiner is able to see immediately that the student has covered a range of appropriate areas). Essays. The sections should be ordered logically and address the focus of the project; they should NOT ramble haphazardly from one issue to the next.

High school Art students have a tendency to write without any preconceived order or structure, discussing issues spontaneously as they think of them. While this can be a suitable approach for more creative writing tasks – and can pulled off by certain students – this strategy runs the risk of creating a muddled and incoherent Personal Study. Conclusion . This is where students summarise key points from the project, arrive at thesis, final conclusions and in love quotes make considered personal judgements about what has been learnt. This is one of the concluding paragraphs in a Personal Study by Nikau Hindin (who achieved 98% for CIE A Level Art while studying at ACG Parnell College), entitled ‘ Identity, Consumerism Popular Culture: How composition conveys a message ‘. The project was focused upon the analysis of artwork by New Zealand artist Kelcy Taratoa, with comparisons made with the work of American artist Bill Barminski: Taratoa’s use of composition helps convey his message concerning identity construction. The arrangement of elements is symbolic of an socialization of children essays unconscious hierarchy within his paintings that forces the essays viewer to question and analyse them.

The contents of the paintings can be identified, as they reflect New Zealand society. Taratoa’s use of colour is vibrant and modern, echoing the technological era we live in. Barminski has a more dynamic and humorous approach to conveying his message. He mocks consumerism with his witty and thesis on fear blunt slogans and essays in love quotes replications of consumer products. Frankenstein And Dr Jekyll Hyde Essay. While these two artists are very different, they both communicate their own attitudes about society. Making a political statement through your paintings forces an audience to engage. Ultimately we want our art to be remembered and admired and I think if the message of a painting is clear then the viewer is more likely to go away and think about it. Paintings are a powerful tool to communicate a meaning that is deeper than the 2mm of paint on a canvas. Paintings are an artist’s voice. Bibliography / References / Acknowledgements . This should list any resources that students have used in their project, including books, websites, articles and videos.

It might also include sources of in love, first-hand information, such as museums, galleries or websites, as well as acknowledgements, thanking the artist for their time. While examiners are sympathetic towards a student whose first language is in pakistan, not English, a similar sympathy does not extend towards those who submit sloppy, poorly edited material. Just as it is essays in love quotes, expected that a Coursework project should contain beautiful well-composed artwork, a Personal Study is thesis on fear, expected to contain well-structured, well-edited material. Even if a student has chosen to produce a largely visual project, submitting a sequence of annotated images, the in love text should communicate with intention and the writing quality should match that achieved by on peace in pakistan, an A Level English student. Poor grammar, spelling errors and ‘txt’ speak are inexcusable. As with any important written project, drafts should be rewritten and refined several times: chapters re-arranged; paragraphs and essays quotes annotation reorganised; repetitive material, waffle and unnecessary regurgitation eliminated.

Teachers, parents and friends can all be recruited to read through drafts, highlighting spelling errors and identifying areas where the writing is muddled. While the of children work must of course remain entirely that of the student, feedback from a fresh set of eyes is invaluable. A Personal Study should include an appropriate range of Art related terms and vocabulary. While the exact words used will be dependent upon the nature and focus of the study, there are a number of essays in love quotes, general Art-specific terms which students should be familiar with (these will be listed, with their definitions, in an upcoming article). Use of appropriate vocabulary helps to fulfil the ‘Knowledge and critical understanding’ assessment criteria. As the essay on peace in pakistan title indicates, a Personal Study must communicate distinctly personal opinions, insights, judgements and responses, demonstrating a clear engagement with the essays quotes artwork studied. This excerpt from an 100% OCR A Level Art Personal Study by Yantra Scott entitled ‘ An investigation into gender roles in thesis on fear contemporary art ‘ illustrates this: I first encountered Sarah Lucas whist briskly strolling through the crowded rooms of the Tate.

Amongst oils and finely crafted sculpture my eyes were transfixed in a two-way glare with a slightly butch, totally intense woman, with eggs for t*ts. Ever since then I’ve been hooked. It is evident that Yantra not only visited and viewed artwork in essays in love quotes the flesh, but had a strong personal reaction to it. Of Children. It could never be assumed that this segment had been reworded from a textbook: it is absolutely the words of a passionate high school Art student. Although Yantra uses coarse language within her study (something which should be emulated with caution) this project is an exceptional example of an intelligent and personal response to a topic. (More of Yantra’s work, as well as the entire text of her study, can be read in in love quotes full on the great Julia Stubbs’ website). Similarly, this quote from an 88% OCR A2 Art Personal Study (one of the examples given in the OCR A2 Art Exemplar Work – Personal Study document) shows a personal response integrated within the thesis for monster analysis of quotes, Damien Hurst’s work, illustrated below. The glass is narrowing a research paper topic, thick, so thick that it is intimidating. It is as if it is holding something terrible back.

It makes you question the in love formaldehyde and query, what if the tank did break? The formaldehyde is not clear as I expected but is quite strongly coloured by a blue and green pigment. This colour is very clinical and has the connotations of of children essays, a hospital… The musings about the tank breaking and the formaldehyde differing from expectations are clearly the individual thoughts of a high school art student. Some Comfort Gained from the Acceptance of the Inherent Lies in quotes Everything 2006, Damien Hurst.

Within the Personal Study, students must demonstrate an understanding of cultural context – an understanding that an artist does not create work in isolation, but rather creates work that is shaped and influenced by the circumstance/s they finds themselves in. This might mean that discussion of the influence of natural, social, political or cultural environments is appropriate, or that – as is more common – the influence of other artists is discussed, with comparisons made between artwork that has been created in similar or differing contexts. ‘One night in Mong Kok’ by Akif Hakan Celebi. The excerpt below is from a CIE A Level Art and Design Personal Study by Tirion Jenkins, of YMCA of statement, Hong Kong Christian College. Titled ‘Alternative Fashion Photography’, her Personal Study was awarded Best in in love Hong Kong (2012) and history and rules of tennis essay includes analysis of ‘One night in Mong Kok’ by photographer Akif Hakan Celebi. Tirion demonstrates a clear understanding of the interrelationship between a photographer’s work and the setting in in love which it was created. The setting itself creates an intoxicating atmosphere with the down rows of fluorescent light bulbs and in love quotes layers of of children, luminous signs that form an endless maze of gaudy colours. However, the setting does not overwhelm the two models who draw my eyes despite the signs above them.

They create the focal point of the image through the use of the rule of essays in love quotes, thirds as they are placed off-centre and through their quirky appearance which magnetises the eye towards them. They seem to belong to a different world to the passersby behind them with their flare of and rules, red hair and audacious choice of feathered flittered clothes. Akif has further crafted the essays in love quotes image through the and mr essay use of makeup as their chalk white faces further segregates and essays in love quotes emphasises their surreal doll-like appearances. …Akif’s pictures are reminiscent of thesis, Japanese cinema which he says he is so influenced by. Essays In Love. “I like…its writhed and crazy stories; I feel very close to that way of thesis for monster, looking at the world.” This photograph is in love, particularly mystical due to the vibrant and decorative bokeh of Hong Kong’s street lights in socialization essays the background. The core of the A2 Art Personal Study is the in-depth analysis of selected artist works. Essays. Some of these artworks must be viewed in person, however it is common (and completely acceptable) for statement on fear, students to analyse work from a combination of primary and secondary sources. In the best studies, artworks are chosen specifically to facilitate the discussion of issues which are relevant to the study. The advice in this section is in love quotes, particularly important and should be read closely by students who are hoping to achieve a high grade for their Personal Study.

When analysing artwork, it is jekyll essay, helpful to analyse the work in terms of composition, format, structure and visual elements (such as shape, line, texture, colour, space, tone) . Students might de-construct an artwork and view it in essays quotes terms of a single visual element and/or discuss how the visual elements interact, relate, contrast, balance and connect with one another. Descriptions of important terms have been included below to aid this process: Composition is the placement or organisation of visual elements within an artwork – the way these have been composed, combined or ‘put together’. Composition may be instinctual or the result of elaborate planning (or a combination of both). Frankenstein. A ‘compositional device’ is an aspect of a composition which has a certain effect (such as the essays in love use of frames within frames, which might help create a sense of distance or space within an artwork). Format is the overall shape, size and orientation (portrait or landscape) of an narrowing down topic artwork, i.e. whether a work is painted on a long, horizontal oblong canvas, or upon in love quotes a vertically orientated A4 portrait board. Format can be influenced by practical considerations (i.e. the nature and shape of the object or scene depicted) as well as being an active decision by the artist to help communicate a particular meaning or idea. The structure of an artwork is the organisation of basic forms within a composition (this will be illustrated in more detail in the subsequent post focusing on imagery). On Fear. Lines are a visual element that can direct a viewer’s gaze and create a visual path. These can direct attention to a focal point and create depth through perspective or horizon lines.

Different lines can create different effects: hard angular lines provoke a different response than soft, organic lines, for example. Repetition of essays in love, lines can create a sense of history, movement or rhythm. Shape is a visual element that is created by the junction of lines or changes in tone: the perceived boundaries of form. Larger shapes can become dominant focal points within an artwork; similar shapes can be repeated to create balance and create unity / visual harmony. Shapes can be symbolic, i.e. they can represent more complex forms and carry meaning. As with lines, the types of shapes used can communicate certain feelings – rigorous ordered shapes tend to create a different mood than irregular, free-flowing shapes.

Shapes might also be used to in love quotes create borders / frames and boundaries that connect, overlap or intersect, perhaps helping to draw viewers from the foreground / middle-ground to background. Space – the absence of form – is an often overlooked visual element. Described as being either positive (the space contained within the statement on fear boundary of an in love quotes object) or negative (the background space in frankenstein and dr jekyll hyde and around an object), space can determine how busy and cluttered a painting is. A busy composition can overwhelm a viewer; a simple and sparse composition may appear boring. Careful integration of in love quotes, space is fundamental to thesis any artwork. Quotes. Form is essay in pakistan, a visual element that is usually discussed more easily in quotes relation to three dimensional objects (as three-dimensional forms are usually described within two dimensional works in terms of down, shape, tone and line). Colour (or hue) is a visual element that is often discussed in combination with tone(how light or dark a colour appears).

Colour can affect the in love quotes mood of an artwork due to colour associations – i.e. And Dr Jekyll And Mr. blue might indicate sadness. Essays. Tone can help to communicate a sense of and dr jekyll hyde, distance (items that are further away generally appear lighter – due to ‘atmospheric perspective’). Both tone and colour can be used to create contrast within an artwork, attracting the viewer’s attention and helping to create focal areas. Alternatively, both tone and colour can be used to essays create harmonious, peaceful non-contrasting areas. Use of light and shadow or warm and cool might also be an for monster trucks important area to discuss. Texture can be real (the result of brush strokes, irregularities in materials, and the application of essays in love quotes, a range of materials) or implied…i.e. a surface that is made to looktextured. As with the and dr jekyll other visual elements, texture should be integrated so that it balances and becomes an aesthetically pleasing addition to an artwork. Surface qualities – along with other detailed areas and intricate patterns – are only able to be appreciated fully when viewed in person.

It should be noted here that students should not submit reams of text explaining how certain visual elements affect artworks in general, but rather use this knowledge to write informed analysis about the artworks in question. Here is another example by Nikau Hindin, discussing the use of essays in love quotes, line in thesis trucks paintings by Kelcy Taratoa. This text was accompanied by diagrams illustrating the linear elements in the artwork. …Taratoa uses strong angular forms that create diagonal perspective lines. These lines are called ‘leading lines’ and essays direct us to the focal point of this painting, which is a portrait of thesis, Taratoa. They also lead our eyes past him and make us look at the background.

This helps to convey Taratoa’s message that one’s identity is linked to social circumstance, upbringing (background) and popular culture. Street markings form white lines and also draw our attention to the focal point. Street markings represent paths and in love therefore they may be paths to of children finding and constructing ones identity. In Love. They create a sense of movement and highlight the direction one’s eyes should travel within the painting. The street markings in ‘Episode 007’ are curvaceous which creates movement.

The curvy lines mirror the organic forms of the superhero’s muscular body, creating a visual link. In ‘Episode 0010’ the repetition of line of the zebra crossing creates a sense of rhythm and down paper topic leads us to the portrait of Taratoa in the left corner. Horizontal lines are repeated in the background of the painting to essays unite separate parts of the painting. As well as the aesthetic qualities discussed above, most students also include sections where they analyse artwork in terms of materials, processes, stylistic influences, techniques (use of media) . For some, this is the thesis primary focus of the Personal Study. This might include analysis of the way an artist has applied paint to a canvas (mark-making, brush strokes), the sequence of building up layers of essays in love quotes, paint over a prepared ground, or the sequence of events involved in creating a graphic design: from conceptual sketches, development of ideas, construction in Photoshop, through to proofing, paper selection and final printing. History Of Tennis. It might involve discussion about the way a composition is planned and essays in love designed and then the various processes that are undertaken in its completion.

It might include cultural contexts and stylistic influences from other artists. In any sections of the of tennis Personal Study which are dedicated to in love process and technique, it is important to note (as mentioned above) that the examiners do not want the regurgitation of statement on fear, long, technical processes, but rather would like to see personal observations about essays in love how processes effect and influence the artwork that has been created. In all analysis of artwork, whether this involves discussion of composition, aesthetic qualities, cultural contexts, use of narrowing down paper, media, or approach to a theme, it is important that students move beyond simple observations and quotes add perceptive, personal insight. For example, if a student notices that colour has been used to create strong contrast in certain areas of an artwork, they might follow this with a detailed and thoughtful assumption about why this is the case: for example, perhaps the contrast was created deliberately to socialization draw attention to a focal point in essays quotes the artwork, helping the artist to help convey thematic ideas. Frankenstein And Dr Hyde Essay. These personal insights could be backed up by essays in love quotes, earlier research, confirmed or suggested by the artist, or might be educated assumptions made by essay, the student, based upon essays their own responses and personal interaction with the artwork. Some final recommendations are included below:

‘Analysis of frankenstein and dr essay, artwork’ does not mean ‘description of artwork’ . Analysis means taking an artwork apart (thinking about in love it in terms of individual elements, such as line, or colour or technique), analysing these individually and/or in terms of how they relate to history of tennis one another, and making personal observations and judgements, connecting this to essays in love quotes the theme or focus of the assignment. Socialization Of Children. Saying “I like this” or “I don’t like this” without any further explanation or justification is not analysis . Essays Quotes. Writing should be carefully integrated with the images , so that it is clear which text relates to which images (this will be discussed more in history essay the subsequent post). Alice Ham, a Year 13 student at ACG Parnell College (awarded 100% for her Personal Study) has produced some excellent analysis of artwork by essays quotes, Liam Gerrard: In most works (the exception usually applies to those done in commission) the focus of the thesis statement on fear piece is in love quotes, centred, surrounded by empty space and never grounded through shadow or the like. This is another way in which Gerrard plays with commonly held opinions. Of Tennis Essay. Typically, a most aesthetically pleasing composition will follow the rule of essays in love, thirds – a well known ‘rule’ that correlates to down paper topic the focus of quotes, artworks being offset within the composition, and the entire image being visually divided into thesis statement on fear 3 sections. Liam has little care for quotes, this standardised rule, yet his compositions are visually pleasing all the same. I believe this could be because of the negative space, there is no overcrowding and it allows the viewer to focus on the subject.

I also think this space is played upon in the display of the artwork. Galleries in general will have white or very light coloured walls so as not to distract from what is on display. By placing these white canvases on the white walls, hung without obvious framing, the artwork is allowed to ‘flow’ into the viewer’s world, there is no line of and dr essay, separation. This forces the viewer to study Gerrard’s pieces, and perhaps consider the personal message they address for the viewer in quotes everyday life. Analysis of artwork within an A Level Art Personal Study by Alice Ham. Some of the frankenstein and dr and mr text above has been reproduced here to aid ease of reading: The expression on the pig’s face is essays, perhaps what would draw the viewer into this picture the most. It directly contradicts the and mr hyde gruesome depiction of quotes, decapitation and appears almost to thesis trucks be laughing. This work like most of Gerrard’s others is a single object centred on a stark white background.

The amount of empty space in this picture is very eye catching and directs the viewer’s vision inwards, there is no chance of quotes, distraction by details in a menial part of the socialization of children work. Once again Gerrard uses charcoal in his personal style, leaving the artwork in black and white. This lack of colour is cold, it presents the reality of the grisly scene without the embellishment of colours. This does not allow the in love audience to be caught up in what is ‘pretty’ but forces them to take in every details in it’s highly realistic, and perhaps disturbing, state. The shock factor of this piece is essay on peace in pakistan, emphasised ten- fold by the sheer size.

It cannot be realised until you view this piece in reality, but being dwarfed looking up into a pig’s head captured mid laugh brings upon you a bizarre sense of in love, fascination. 9. Explain the relationship to Coursework (if appropriate) As explained in the previous post about frankenstein jekyll topic selection, it is no longer necessary that the Personal Study relate to a student’s Coursework project. If there is a strong relationship, however, students may wish to include a section in essays quotes their Personal Study where relevant comparisons are made with their Coursework project. The maximum word count for CIE Art Design Personal Studies is 3,500 words.

This is a maximum and fewer words is more than appropriate (especially in primarily visual studies). If a student is slightly over the word count, this is unlikely to be an issue (it is rare that examiners would know your exact word count, as no-one is likely to count every word in a project from start to finish); however, if a student is significantly over the word limit, this is obvious and a problem, running the socialization essays risk that the essays examiners will run out of of children essays, time (or enthusiasm) to read your project in its entirety. Almost all cases of word count breaches come from students who have attempted to bulk up their study with unnecessary information from second-hand sources. In Love Quotes. If you are encroaching the word limit, you should immediately ensure that you have not included supplementary research material or unnecessary information summarised from textbooks. If you are still battling with the word count and inclusion of material from second-hand sources is not an issue, you should re-edit your project, eliminating waffle, and ensuring you communicate succinctly. I encourage teachers to locate and print the of children essays excerpts from Personal Studies that are included in quotes the 9704 Standards booklet on the CIE Teachers’ password protected site, which can be downloaded as a PDF document from the A Level Art Design page. This document is invaluable. Finally, we are actively looking for and dr jekyll and mr hyde, more examples of high achieving Personal Studies to share on the Student Art Guide. If you or someone you know someone who excelled in this Component, please read our submission guidelines for more information. If you found this information helpful, you may wish to in love read the socialization of children previous article in this series: How to select a great A2 Art Personal Study Topic or our overview of the CIE A Level Art: Personal Study.

This article was written by Amiria Gale. Amiria has been a teacher of Art Design and a Curriculum Co-ordinator for seven years, responsible for the course design and assessment of Art and quotes Design work in two high-achieving Auckland schools. Amiria has a Bachelor of Architectural Studies, Bachelor of Architecture (First Class Honours) and a Graduate Diploma of Teaching. She is a CIE Accredited Art Design Coursework Assessor. Follow Student Art Guide on frankenstein and dr jekyll Pinterest. Join over 15,000 people who receive our free newsletter.

You will be notified first when free resources are available: new art project ideas, teaching handouts, printable lesson plans, tips and advice from experienced teachers. What are you waiting for?

Top-Quality "Write My Essay" Services - Essays in Love by Alain de Botton (Part IV) – tabbed… - University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN

Write My Paper In Hours - Love Quotes III - Notable Quotes - University of California - Irvine

A Library#8217;s Approach to Books That Offend. Quotes. The cartoonist Herge is popular again, as is his adventurous reporter Tintin, who will be featured in a Steven Spielberg movie due out in 2011. But if you go to the Brooklyn Public Library seeking a copy of “Tintin au Congo,” Herge’s second book in a series, prepare to make an appointment and wait days to see the on fear book. Several #8220;Request for Reconsideration of Library Material#8221; forms filed to the Brooklyn Public Library. “It’s not for the public,” a librarian in the children’s room said this month when a patron asked to see it. The book, published 79 years ago, was moved in 2007 from the public area of the library to in love a back room where it is held under lock and key. The move came after a patron objected, as others have, to the way Africans are depicted in the book. “The content is jekyll and mr hyde racially offensive to black people,’’ a librarian wrote on essays quotes Form 286, also known as a Request for frankenstein and dr jekyll Reconsideration of Library Material [pdf]. In particular, the patron took issue with illustrations that she felt had the Africans “looking like monkeys,’’ but other elements of the book have also drawn criticism over essays in love, the years #8212; from the broken French that the natives speak to their general simple-mindedness. Libraries often have policies that allow patrons to complain about jekyll essay content they find objectionable. Essays Quotes. New York City libraries have received almost two dozen written objections since 2005. But the book about Tintin (pronounced Tantan in his native Brussels) was the only challenged item to have been removed from the shelves, library officials said. The objection was reviewed by essay on peace in pakistan a panel, in essays quotes, keeping with the library’s policy.

It determined the book no longer belonged on the open stacks, but rather should be tucked away in essay, the Hunt Collection, which are kept in a vault-like room accessible only to staff members. “This is a special collection of historic children’s literature that is in love available for viewing by appointment only,” the on fear library said in essays quotes, a letter explaining its decision. The decision to get rid of a book, or restrict access to it, goes to the very heart of a public library. Hyde Essay. “Policies should not unjustly exclude materials and resources even if they are offensive to essays the librarian or the user,’’ says the Web site of the American Library Association, which adds, “Toleration is meaningless without tolerance for what some may consider detestable.” So the Brooklyn library, like most others, routinely offers access on its shelves to and rules of tennis hot-button works like Hitler’s “Mein Kampf,” or Henry Miller’s “Tropic of quotes, Capricorn,” which has a naked couple on its cover. The library association said it knows of up to 700 formal book challenges a year in the United States, but it acknowledged that its tallies are incomplete. The New York Public Library, with branches in Manhattan, Staten Island and the Bronx, fielded written objections on 10 items since 2006, including on “Never Enough,” a novel by Harold Robbins, and “Godless: The Church of narrowing paper topic, Liberalism,” nonfiction by Ann H. Coulter. Neither book was touched. The 11 written objections to Brooklyn’s collection include complaints about “Beloved,” by essays in love quotes Toni Morrison (sexual content), and “Looking for Alaska,” by statement on fear John Green (obscenity and denigration of religion). In Love Quotes. In general, librarians are trained to tackle any complaints about books with a polite demeanor. But they are also instructed to stand firm in defending the book’s presence in the library. On the rare occasions when a formal objection is upheld by library officials, a book may be removed or put in a less accessible area; that way, the challenged item remains in the library’s collection, although it is for monster harder to find. “You do walk a fine line, making sure your materials are accessible, while being respectful of community standards,’’ said Alice Knapp, a former president of the essays quotes Connecticut Library Association.

At a library run by Ms. Knapp, she said there was a complaint from a member of her own staff about down paper topic Alan Moore’s “Lost Girls,” for sexual explicitness. Ms. Knapp considered reclassifying the novel as an “823,” a call number that would effectively hide the book inside the vast literature department where erotica was parked, or leaving it where it was, grouped in plain sight with other “graphic novels.” She chose to tough it out. Essays In Love. Why? “It was in constant circulation,” she said. And Dr Jekyll Essay. “The reviews for it were outstanding, and then we decided we bought it to be used, going back to in love quotes the idea that books should be used. That’s why we’re buying them.” Michael Ravnitzky, a lawyer who blogs about intellectual freedom, said that when he worked at the library in college, he learned firsthand how some librarians coped with problematic books: they stashed them in a cage in the back.

When anyone would ask about for monster them, he said, his colleagues would say, “Oh, these are books that might be damaged or stolen.” Public school libraries also face these quandaries. The American Civil Liberties Union Foundation of Texas, for example, makes annual inquiries, and the group found 102 formal challenges in 43 school districts during the 2007-8 school year. In Love Quotes. Twenty-seven books were banned, including Kay Thompson’s “Eloise in essays, Paris,’’ whose heroine visits a museum with nude artwork. Restrictions were imposed on 29 more titles. Lucy Micklethwait’s “I Spy: An Alphabet in Art’’ (nude artwork) became a “parent checkout book only” at Carol Holt Elementary in Arlington, Tex. “Public schools have different responsibilities because they serve different populations” than adult libraries, said the principal, Kelly Campbell. In Love. “The Million Dollar Kick,” Dan Gutman’s tale of a young soccer player, will stay in the librarian’s office at Hassler Elementary School in Klein, Tex., until the parents who objected to it no longer have children at the school, according to the civil liberties group.

Joanne King, a spokeswoman for the Queens Library, said that no formal challenges had been filed there in many years. “Our staff does a good job of explaining how materials are selected for the collection, and and dr and mr hyde they practice active listening,’’ Ms. King said. Essays In Love Quotes. “Once the customer has had a chance to express their concern and know they’ve been heard, they seem to feel satisfied.’’ For fans of Herge (a k a Georges Remi), who created Tintin in 1929 and died in and rules of tennis essay, 1983 with the essays in love quotes last story unfinished, the tempest is nothing new. For Monster. The Tintin stories, loved for the main character’s derring-do and essays quotes the exotic locales, have also been criticized for material that offends racial, ethnic and religious groups. In response, Herge revised many illustrations, though vestiges remain. In Tintin’s Congo adventure, recent versions have revised panels in essay in pakistan, which the hero had lectured the natives on their colonial ties to essays Belgium. Now he teaches them arithmetic. It’s too early to tell whether queasiness about the stories will have any effect on the Spielberg movie, whose makers say their work will not draw from any objectionable material. And librarians say the Tintin works remain popular with children. Thesis Trucks. For librarians facing such problems with any book that might offend, the following advice was offered, in an Internet posting, by Joy A. Johnson, who was a librarian in the town of St. Marys, Ohio.

She told colleagues looking to avoid complaints and the “unpleasant publicity” that often ensues to talk to the patron. “This has happened several times in essays in love quotes, my library,” she said, “usually with the patron starting out paper topic very angry. But after library policy was politely explained and the customer’s viewpoint acknowledged they didn’t request that the material be withdrawn. This won’t work in all cases, but it might be worth a try.’’ Comments are no longer being accepted. Quotes. There were complaints from murderous extremists about on peace The Satanic Verses. I wonder if it is banned from the essays in love open shelves in libraries.

The more libraries choose to thesis for monster placate extreme opinions (and objections), the more valuable electronic alternatives to libraries become. If libraries choose to make themselves totally irrelevant, so be it, but if this is happening to placate a few loud and angry #8220;patrons#8221;, that is pandering to the small-minded and selfish interests of those who would squelch free speech. What is wrong with learning of past stereotypes and seeing how they may have changed? This is very odd. Is it better to essays deny history and pretend?

Is this what#8217;s called #8220;censorship#8221;? And a bad form of frankenstein jekyll hyde, it, at that. Interesting. However, Are people there to read even books that do not #8220;Offend#8221;? Like letter writing, reading for sheer pleasure is essays in love quotes out of mind! You do not have to go further than Wikipedia to begin to understand that viewed historically these Tintin epics are a cultural fount. I have often wondered how libraries and schools deal with Joseph Conrad#8217;s novel #8220;The N***** of the Narcissus,#8221; certainly recognized as a solid, legitimate work of statement, literature, but one which I would never dare to carry on the subway, for fear of adverse reaction to the title on the cover. It#8217;s worth mentioning that Tintin in the Congo is the only Tintin not in print in the US. If you want to buy one, you have to order it from overseas. After reading the summary and reviews of Dan Gutman#8217;s The Million Dollar Kick on Amazon, I confess to utter bafflement about what in the world those parents might be objecting to!

These books are a part of in love quotes, history, which, I was led to thesis statement believe, libraries are supposed to in love quotes help protect. If people don#8217;t like it, that#8217;s tough, because we cannot change the past. We CAN learn from the past, however, but not if books such as this can only be viewed by special appointment. I think it#8217;s disgraceful. This is for monster censorship, even if the book can be seen #8220;by appointment.#8221; Seems an opportunity was lost to discuss race, what Belgium did to in love the Congo and its tragic results. I admire librarians and everything they stand for, but to in effect ban one of the Tintin#8217;s because it is offensive by narrowing topic current standards also seems offensive. How about adding a disclaimer instead? Personally, I find the Curious George books offensive due to the capture and removal of George from quotes his wild home, as well as the thesis for monster trucks constant smoking, and I didn#8217;t have these books in our collection at home, but I never asked the library to remove them. When I lived in Eastern Washington state, I repeatedly had the experience of trying to locate books that criticized the quotes Mormon church which never seemed to be available. Finally the librarian told me that these books disappear as fast as they buy and continually replace them! So much for the freedoms the right is is forever yelling about.

When I was in the second grade, my mother taught me a lesson that has resonated throughout my life. I had checked out a book, #8220;The Witches of Worm,#8221; from the narrowing down a research paper topic school library. When I brought the book home, my mother looked through it and concluded that the subject matter was too intense for me and was inappropriate for a child of my age. Instead of ranting and essays in love quotes raving and demanding that the book be pulled from the of children essays shelf, however, she took me back to see the librarian, explained that she didn#8217;t think that the book was appropriate for me, and then asked the librarian to suggest other, more age-appropriate books that would meet my appetite for essays in love fantasy and essays #8220;horror.#8221; I came away with an essays in love quotes, armload of statement, books and a healthy respect for the concept that you should respect another#8217;s right to in love freedom of speech, even if you don#8217;t agree with the speech in question. As a result, I trust a book-banner about as far as I can throw them! I find a lot of Malcolm X#8217;s writing offensive to jekyll and mr hyde essay white people. I will make a trip to various libraries and essays try to get his writings locked away from public view. This is abusrd and defiles the integrity of the author#8217;s work. The European literature of the 19th century is replete with unfavorable stereotypical descriptions of Jews, as they were considered in thesis for monster, the context of that era in in love quotes, time. As a Jew, however, I understand the context and still enjoy reading such literature.

I would not want to ban such books, or the down study of them, because they might offend my heritage. Essays In Love Quotes. The old Tin Tin books should be used to narrowing down paper topic teach about the racism that prevailed in that historical era, and how and why our attitudes towards blacks have changed. Essays In Love. In a free society, no one individual should have the and dr essay ability to prevent another from essays in love exposusre to any #8220;offesnive#8221; material. If you don#8217;t want to read it or look at it, that#8217;s your choice. Do not impose it on others. Regarding this particular book, it should be the parents#8217; responsibility to control what their children read by thesis simply not checking out the book.

It might be worth noting, in this context, that Lawrence Hillman#8217;s recent work, published in Canada as #8220;The Book of Negroes#8221;, was published in the U.S. (and in Australia and New Zealand) as #8220;Someone Knows my Name#8221;, Re # 5: I first read the Conrad novel in question in the summer of #8217;89, including on my daily Brooklyn-Times Square commute. Of course some Tintin stories can seem a bit narrow minded#8230; they represent a society in a certain time. Some books from the 50s are worse than that as they are not comics#8230; but books advocating hatred. But one chose to ban Tintin instead. I read them over and over again in my youth#8230; and still sometime do. Great books! Btw Lorenzo, Tintin au Congo can be bought in Canada, don#8217;t have to order it overseas! Just turn the in love book#8217;s binding toward the wall the way the librarian did #8220;Our Changing Bodies, Our Changing Selves#8221; in the school library. No kid will ask why.

They just looked and a research paper topic find their road to freedom. Who#8217;s afraid of the in love Big Bad Book? I wonder that libraries don#8217;t ban Richard Wright#8217;s autobiography, #8220;Black Boy#8221; or his amazing novel, #8220;Native Son#8221;. While our history may be hard to look at, to pretend that it didn#8217;t exist is far worse. Thesis For Monster. These aren#8217;t modern-day advertisements. They#8217;re books. My mother made her childhood copy of Little Black Sambo disappear when I was old enough to find and read it. I still remember the beautiful illustrations.

What was held to be appropriate for her as a child in the 1940s was no longer considered by her to be acceptable for her own children in the 1970s. However, I see Little Black Sambo and TinTin in the Congo are both available new from Amazon. Unfortunately those new illustrations for TinTin don#8217;t have the same delightful character of the earlier versions. They have been sanitized in more way than one. Tintin is quotes pure Racism.

Just an analysis of the the illustration shoes Tintin (and his viscous #8220;white#8221; dog as muscle) forcefully #8220;teaching#8221; the wooly haired animals who#8221;s in charge here. Should this racist piece of [censored] be censored or not? Hhmm#8230;let me think#8230; Part of the importance of literature is to thesis statement on fear allow us to quotes view how we change. It is thesis important for in love all of us to be able to visit a library and investigate how our society#8217;s mores and values have adapted over frankenstein and dr and mr, time. To censor out quotes this knowledge is to thesis allow our society to become ignorant of its own development. Essays Quotes. This ignorance in turn allows people to be influenced by those who understand societal forces. If what is offensive today can be put into historical context, then we can begin to understand how we have advanced in certain areas, and what sacrifices and ideals have allowed those advances. Especially in the cases of prejudice and bigotry, pretending they never happened could lead us right back where we started.

In 1979 I submitted a call slip at the main (Grand Army Plaza) branch of the Brooklyn Public Library for #8220;From Private Vice to Public Virtue: The Birth Control Movement and American Society since 1830#8243; by James Reed, published by essay Basic Books the previous year. I was told that the book was kept in a special room for quotes salacious materials and was asked if because of that whether I wanted to see it. I said yes. When it was delivered to me, I was told that because of its nature it could not circulate. I stayed in the library to and rules of tennis read this fine scholarly treatment of the subject. Sometimes librarians or someone in a public library#8217;s administration forgets the #8220;public#8221; in public library.

I hope that by quotes #8220;restricted#8221; access libraries are not trying to control ideas and information, but rather to manage its#8217; collection and dissemination to thesis trucks their users and patrons. This is my feeling of the library and essays librarians. Down Paper. They are not the gatekeepers. I#8217;m surprised at the #8216;rationalizing#8217; comments. There is essays quotes still SO much racial prejudice in America, there are SO many organized groups of people who have mildly evolved from the on fear KKK, there is still SO powerful a program deep in the school systemn geared to in love keeping inner city black youth educated #8216;just enough#8217; to be a low wage working class, that these sort of pictures, illustrations in a research topic, books, which fuel their ignorance and hatred.

I#8217;m for essays in love quotes freedom of speech, freedom of expression, but the same way that extreme pornography is essay in pakistan kept locked up for scholars , those illustrations should not be widely available. New York Today is still going strong! Though no longer on City Room, New York Today continues to appear every weekday morning, offering a roundup of news and events for the city. You can find the latest New York Today at or in the morning, on The New York Times homepage or its New York section. Quotes. You can also receive it via email. Metropolitan Diary continues to on peace publish!

Since 1976, Metropolitan Diary has been a place for New Yorkers, past and in love present, to share odd fleeting moments in the city. We will continue to of tennis essay publish one item each weekday morning and a round-up in quotes, Monday's print edition. You can find the latest entries at and on our New York section online. City Room®, a news blog of live reporting, features and reader conversations about New York City, has been archived. Send questions or suggestions by e-mail.

Narrative Essay Writing Service - Love - Wikiquote - Agnes Scott College

Need Somebody Write My Paper - On Love Quotes by Alain de Botton - Goodreads - Jefferson University

collaboration essay In 1995, I was commissioned by in love, the Pew Partnership for Civic Change to study how collaboration was being used in the United States to build and strengthen community. While there are many forms of collaboration, my research focused on one type in particular—the kind carried out by individuals, groups and organizations in the public sphere. This form of socialization of children essays, collaboration can be described as a process of shared decision-making in which all the parties with a stake in a problem constructively explore their differences and develop a joint strategy for action. This essay appears in 'On Collaboration' — a collection edited by Marie Bak Mortensen and Judith Nesbitt (London: Tate, 2012). My report on essays in love, the subject (from which the narrowing down, following essay has been adapted) generated a surprising amount of attention when it appeared.

It was widely cited in in love books and publications and reprinted in several monographs. After concluding the study, I went on to observe and work with collaborative teams across America as well as study community leaders who practice collaboration as part of their community development work. I found that collaboration can be a powerful alternative to conventional mechanisms for effecting change, such as coalitions, task forces, and down paper topic, commissions. Traditional groups and organizations tend to be structured vertically. Decisions are made at the top and people derive their influence and authority from their positions within the hierarchy.

This is especially true in professional organizations where leadership is centralized, the work mission-driven, processes guided by procedures and essays in love quotes, statutes, and thesis, internal communication mostly confined to essays in love, departments, workgroups, and committees. Collaborative groups, by contrast, are structured horizontally. Leadership, to the extent that it exists at all, is broadly distributed. Job titles and professional affiliations fade into the background and people derive their influence from having their ears to the ground, from being well-connected in the community, and from being engaged in a multiplicity of projects. Membership usually spans silos and divisions in the community, processes are guided by norms of trust and reciprocity, and communication is topic more personal, more conversational, more exploratory than in formal settings.

For this reason, collaborative efforts tend to be loosely structured, highly adaptive, and essays in love, inherently creative. By creating spaces where connections are made, ideas are cross-fertilized, and collective knowledge is developed, collaborative teams generate rich opportunities for innovation. When the socialization of children, right people are brought together in constructive ways and with the in love, appropriate information, they are able to create powerful visions and robust strategies for change. While collaboration is getting a lot of attention today, especially in the fields of management theory and leadership studies, there is relatively little substantive research on the subject. There is, however, a growing body of literature championing its benefits. In the following pages, I review some of the principal sources in order to better understand: What is collaboration? How does it differ from other models of cooperation? What are the prerequisites and dynamics of effective collaboration? What makes an effective collaborative leader? What are some of the chief dangers and statement, obstacles to in love quotes, successful collaboration? And how do we build more collaborative communities?

As its Latin roots com and history and rules of tennis essay, laborare suggest, collaboration reduced to its simplest definition means to work together. The search for a more comprehensive definition leads to in love, a myriad of possibilities each having something to offer and none being entirely satisfactory on statement, its own. These range from the academic (a process of joint decision making among key stakeholders of essays in love, a problem domain about the future of that domain) to the esoteric (an interactive process having a shared transmutational purpose). One of the more durable and widely-cited definitions comes from Barbara Gray's 1989 book, Collaborating: Finding Common Ground for Multiparty Problems . Thesis? Gray describes collaboration as a process through which parties who see different aspects of a problem can constructively explore their differences and search for solutions that go beyond their own limited vision of what is quotes possible. In Collaborative Leadership , David Chrislip and Carl Larson define the process as a mutually beneficial relationship between two or more parties who work toward common goals by sharing responsibility, authority, and accountability for achieving results.

Collaboration appeals to people from across the political spectrum, not because it offers everything to history and rules, everyone—as some of the advocacy literature on quotes, the subject seems to suggest—but because it deals with a process, as distinct from a program, agenda, or outcome. Collaboration requires that we look not only at the outcomes of statement, our efforts, whatever they happen to essays in love quotes, be, but also at the process by which we arrive at thesis statement those outcomes. Collaboration might be used to essays, resolve a neighborhood or environmental dispute. It could be a springboard for economic development in a community or region. Narrowing Down Paper Topic? Or it could be used to promote greater civic participation and involvement. Generally speaking, the process works best when. The problems are ill-defined, or people disagree on how the problems are defined Different groups or organizations with a vested interest depend on each other in some way. Those with a stake in a problem have yet to be identified or organized Some stakeholders have more power or resources than others Those with a vested interest have different levels of expertise and access to information about the issue.

The problems are often characterized by in love quotes, technical complexity and scientific uncertainty Differing perspectives on the problems lead to conflict or disagreement among the stakeholders Incremental or unilateral efforts to address with the issue have been ineffective Existing processes for addressing the problems have proved unsuccessful. Collaborative endeavors take many forms. Some common varieties include: public-private partnerships (sometimes referred to as social partnerships)—ad hoc alliances between otherwise independent organizations that span both the history and rules essay, public and the private sectors; future commissions , also known as search conferences, in which citizens and community leaders analyze trends, develop alternative scenarios of the future, and establish recommendations and goals for the community; interagency collaborations aimed at improving social services to children, families, and in love, other members of a community; online networks designed to link various civic, educational, business, and governmental institutions within a community or region; school-community partnerships designed to foster greater collaboration between secondary schools and essay in pakistan, key community institutions; networks and coalitions —loosely structured alliances among groups, organizations, and citizens that share a commitment to a particular issue or place; and regional collaboratives where local governments work together to promote economic development and service delivery. COLLABORATION VS. OTHER MODELS OF COOPERATION.

Collaborative partnerships can be broadly grouped under two headings: those aimed at resolving conflicts and essays in love quotes, those designed to develop and narrowing down a research, advance a shared vision for the future. In both cases, the process is aimed at carefully defining and, if need be, redefining the issues involved before moving on essays in love quotes, to solutions. Collaboration focuses on identifying a common purpose and working toward joint decisions. This distinguishes it from other forms of cooperation that may involve shared interests but are not based on a collectively-articulated goal or vision. And Dr Jekyll Hyde? We cannot even begin to agree on how we should act until we have a common definition of the problem, David Mathews writes in Politics for People , one that reflects an understanding of essays quotes, our own interests, the thesis statement on fear, interests of essays in love quotes, others, and how the two diverge and converge. There are obvious similarities between cooperation and collaboration, but the former involves preestablished interests while the latter involves collectively-defined goals. Of Children Essays? In What It Takes , an oft-cited 1991 monograph on interagency collaboration, Atelia Melaville and Martin Blank point out that a collaborative strategy is called for . where the essays in love, need and intent is to change fundamentally the way services are designed and thesis, delivered. Essays In Love? Cooperation, by frankenstein jekyll hyde essay, contrast, merely involves coordinating existing services.

Banding together to work for common goals is not a new idea in politics. The literature is full of examples of how community organizations—religious groups, trade unions, nonprofit groups, small businesses, civic alliances—form cooperative ventures, community interest groups, neighborhood task forces, and essays in love, political coalitions. But these efforts are rarely collaborative in the strict sense. The goal is to join forces to advance a cause, which is different from thesis statement collaborating to address a collective problem or develop a joint vision for the future. THE PREREQUISITES FOR COLLABORATION.

For collaboration to be effective, it must be democratic and inclusive. Hierarchies of any kind get in the way of sound decision-making, just as excluding some individuals or groups with a stake in essays the issue can derail the process. It also requires the involvement of a wide range of community leaders, such as mayors, city council members, nonprofit directors and members of the local school board. In a series of case studies of successful collaboratives, David Chrislip and Carl Larson point out that each one involved many participants from several sectors—for example, government, business, and community groups—as opposed to of children essays, few participants predominantly from one sector. Essays In Love Quotes? The level of thesis for monster, participation required, however, is quotes partly a function of what kind of collaboration is thesis being sought. Clearly, some forms of collaboration—such as interagency partnerships—require only that the relevant stakeholders be included. Chrislip and Larson emphasize that the essays quotes, support of on peace, high-level, visible leaders brought credibility to the effort and was an essential aspect of the success of the endeavor. According to Barbara Gray, collaboration can only be meaningful if the parties involved are interdependent in some way.

Collaboration establishes a give and take among the stakeholders that is designed to produce solutions that none of them working independently could achieve, she says. In this way, they all depend on in love, each other to produce mutually beneficial solutions. Some questions to ask before embarking on a collaborative venture include: What are the structural relationships between the parties and the possible power issues inherent in the collaborative arrangement? Is there a clear understanding among all the parties of the respective goals of the other participants? What form of leadership is required to frankenstein and dr hyde essay, facilitate the process? Does the project have some form of integrating structure, such as a cross-section of steering committees, to in love quotes, facilitate and coordinate decision-making and implementation? Will the on peace in pakistan, project be more effective with a neutral, third-party mediator?

Should the media be involved? Does the project have enough time, money, and staff support? The process of collaboration is rarely simple and straight-forward. It typically moves through several distinct phases, some of which can be time-consuming and fraught with challenges. Generally speaking, the process begins with an analysis of the situation and a diagnosis of the key issues involved. It moves on to a definition of the fundamental mission or desired outcome. In Love? The participants then articulate a common vision and work out a plan and a timetable for meeting their goals. It most cases, the process concludes with an assessment of the outcomes and history and rules of tennis, a review of lessons learned. Barbara Gray describes it as a three-phase process.

The first phase, which she calls the prenegotiation or problem-setting phase, is often the most difficult. Six issues need to be addressed at this stage: 1) the parties must arrive at essays a shared definition of the problem, including how it relates to the interdependence of the various stakeholders; 2) the parties must make a commitment to collaborate; 3) other stakeholders need to be identified whose involvement may be necessary for the success of the endeavor; 4) the parties have to acknowledge and accept the legitimacy of the other participants; 5) the parties must decide what type of convener or leader can bring the on peace, parties together; and 6) the parties must determine what resources are needed for essays in love quotes the collaboration to proceed. During the second phase, the parties identify the interests that brought them to the table, determine how they differ from the interests of others, set directions and establish shared goals. Gray calls this the direction-setting phase. It is and dr jekyll and mr hyde essay characterized by six essential steps: 1) establishing ground rules; 2) setting the agenda; 3) organizing subgroups, especially if the number of issues to be discussed is large or the essays, number of stakeholders exceeds a dozen or so people; 4) undertaking a joint information search to establish and consider the essential facts of the issue involved; 5) exploring the pros and cons of various alternatives; and 6) reaching agreement and settling for a course of action. The final step of the collaborative process is the of children essays, implementation phase during which 1) participating groups or organizations deal with their constituencies; 2) parties garner the support of those who will be charged with implementing the agreement; 3) structures for implementation are established; and finally 4) the agreement is monitored and compliance is ensured. Collaborative ventures obviously vary a great deal and not all of them can or want to follow this general framework.

Much will depend on the nature of the endeavor, the essays in love, number of hyde, people or parties involved, the time-frame, and the resources at essays quotes hand. The growing interest in collaboration can be seen as part of a bumpy transition away from top-down authority structures toward a new way of coordinating activities and making decisions. At their best, collaborative leaders assume the for monster trucks, role of discussion facilitator rather than decision-maker. They put aside whatever authority, expertise, position, or influence they may have in the outside world in order to foster openness, dialogue, and deliberation within the group. The collaborative leader is one whose primary goal is to convene, energize, facilitate and sustain the process over time. This form of leadership has been variously defined as transformative, facilitative, or servant leadership. In his classic 1978 book Leadership , James MacGregor Burns described transforming leadership as a process in which one or more persons engage with each other in essays in love such a way that leaders and followers raise one another to higher levels of motivation and morality.

The key to this type of leadership, he said, is the discovery of shared purpose and the interplay between motives and values. James Svara, in his book Facilitative Leadership in Local Government , expanded on on peace, this notion, saying that collaborative leaders stress empathetic communication, think in 'win-win' terms rather than seeing their interests in conflict with those of essays quotes, others, and on fear, use synergism to make the in love, whole greater than the sum of the thesis trucks, parts. A number of theorists stress that one reason collaboration works as well as it does is that it empowers participants and creates a sense of ownership and buy-in within the group. When decisions are reached, they are the products group's own efforts. The process may be difficult and time-consuming, but it elicits more solid and enduring support than decisions made by a single person or a select few. Collaborative leaders understand this intuitively. They move the in love quotes, process along by sharing inspiring visions, focusing on results, strengthening relationships, being open and essay on peace in pakistan, inclusive, bringing out the quotes, best in others, and celebrating achievement. Collaborative leadership is trucks not a specific set of activities. It means playing whatever role is necessary to essays in love, bring about real change and lasting impact in and dr jekyll and mr hyde essay the community. Essays? It means being a catalyst, a spark plug, and channeling people's energies toward a common goal.

For all its benefits, collaboration is not always the best course of action. The process is fraught with dangers and inherent limitations. It is notoriously time-consuming and socialization of children, is not suitable for problems that require quick and decisive action, for example. Power inequalities among the essays in love, parties often thwart the frankenstein and dr essay, process. The norms of consensus and joint decision-making sometimes require that the common good take precedence over the interests of a few. It can break down in groups that are too large. And the process is meaningless when participants lack the power to implement final decisions. The literature is full of examples of poorly executed collaborations that failed to yield substantive results, ran out of funding, failed to garner enough interest or support from the leadership of the essays in love quotes, community, or stalled because of irreconcilable differences between stakeholders. As Barbara Gray points out, many well-intentioned efforts to involve the public in government decisions, for example, are exercises in frustration and often exacerbate rather than improve the situation because careful attention to the process of managing differences is neglected. Some of the circumstances under which it is best not to collaborate include: 1) when one party has unchallenged power to influence the for monster, final outcome; 2) when the essays in love, conflict is rooted in frankenstein essay deep-seated ideological differences; 3) when power is in love unevenly distributed; 4) when constitutional issues are involved or legal precedents are sought; and when a legitimate convener cannot be found. But when groups are aware of the down a research paper, limitations of the process and are able to work around them, they can do great things.

Consciously or not, many of us subscribe to quotes, outmoded theories of change handed down from traditional leadership theory. We believe that influence occurs as a direct result of thesis, force exerted from in love quotes one person to another. We engage in complex planning processes in the hope of narrowing down a research paper topic, producing predictable results. And we continually search for better methods of objectively perceiving and measuring the world. This approach is reflected in the predominant approach to change-making: organizing committees and essays in love quotes, task forces, creating new programs, establishing stricter regulations or more oversight, and, perhaps especially, hiring or electing better leaders.

But the realities of public life today are dynamic and complex and on peace, no longer lend themselves to mechanistic solutions. In Love Quotes? They require rigorously multidimensional approaches that are participatory, iterative, flexible, and open-ended. In my research on collaboration, I have interviewed many practitioners who told me that they found their way to collaboration only after years of frustration with conventional problem-solving approaches and thesis on fear, a gnawing sense that there must be a better way. They stressed that traditional mechanisms for essays quotes bringing about change are often exasperating, time-consuming, and ineffective. In a time of history essay, widespread frustration with politics-as-usual, collaboration represents a more promising way forward.

What has moved so many people to take on this hard work of collaboration, write Daniel Kemmis and Matthew McKinney in Collaboration and quotes, the Ecology of Democracy , has been the widespread perception that, in all too many cases, the existing governing framework was proving itself incapable of getting the job done. To put it bluntly, the problems that people expected the government to solve were not getting solved. Building collaborative communities means finding new and better ways to frankenstein and dr and mr hyde, work together. We need to create spaces where people can find each other, share ideas, and discover common ground. We need settings where people can receive support and be acknowledged as public actors. And we need contexts in which people can begin to imagine and act from a new sense of in love, possibility. This essay appears in On Collaboration , a collection edited by Marie Bak Mortensen and Judith Nesbitt. On Collaboration brings together several general essays on collaboration along with case studies of numerous collaborative art initiatives carried out in the U.K. under the auspices of Tate. (London: Tate, December 2012).

Copyright 2017 by Scott London. Thesis For Monster Trucks? All rights reserved.