Date: 1.20.2017 / Article Rating: 4 / Votes: 5512
Www.grabmyessay.xyz #Essay on i can make a difference

Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Essay on i can make a difference

Write My Persuasive Paper - essay on i can make a difference - Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA

Dec/Mon/2017 | Uncategorized

Essay Service - Environmental Essays - Compassionate Kids;We Can… - Western Washington University

Dec 18, 2017 Essay on i can make a difference,

Buy Argumentative Essay - I Will Make a Difference: College Admissions… - Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY

Business Development Business Plan. Essay On I Can Make. We are currently in a highly lucrative market in a rapidly growing economy. The current trend towards an increase in the number of entrepreneurs and competition amongst existing companies presents an opportunity for an increased demand for market information and thesis, services that will enable companies to essay can make a difference, stay ahead of the essay pack. Essay On I. Our services will be positioned very carefully: they will be of essay writing websites extremely high quality, relevant, timely and accurate, tailored to the clients' needs so as to essay on i a difference, enable them to make the right decisions, in white turn leading towards growth of can make a difference their companies, benefiting the overall economy. White Guilt Essays. Palms and Bonds offers the expertise that a proactive-oriented and market-opportunity seeking company needs to develop and enter new product distribution and new market segments in new markets. We intend to a difference, provide a number of prompts necessary services to the business community and to on i, the public. These can be summed up in two main divisions -- Business and white, Training Services. Our business services can be taken as marketing research, market research reports, project-based consulting, business and marketing plans, plan consulting and writing, high-level retainer consulting and company registration.

Our training services include workshops and seminars on such topics as sales and marketing, as well as in-house training of essay on i receptionists, secretaries, and sales and marketing personnel. Our marketing strategy will be based mainly on incident questions, ensuring that customers know what needs the services are able to fulfill, and making the right information available to the right target customer. On I A Difference. We intend to implement a market penetration strategy that will ensure that we are well known and respected in our respective industry. We will ensure that our services' prices take into consideration people's budgets, and that these people appreciate the services, know that it exists, and rhetoric essay prompts, where to find it. Essay On I. The marketing will convey the websites india sense of quality in every picture, every promotion, and every publication. On I Can Make A Difference. Our promotional strategy will involve integrating advertising, events, personal selling, public relations, direct marketing and Internet marketing, details of which are provided in the marketing section of this plan. Our target markets will range from scientific summer essay, persons in essay on i can make the corporate towers, small or medium businesses, to scientific, home institutions needing information on their particular area of on i a difference concern. The common bond will be the appreciation of the essays about the american cancer society importance of a difference quality information that will enable correct decisions to rhetoric essay, be made, holding all things equal.

Palms and Bonds prides itself on its analytical ability, its value-added service, competitive fees, its high standards of quality and its adaptability to changes in the market and in on i a difference the method of its practice. Essays. Palms and on i can make, Bonds intends to prompts, provide the client with more than just information and planning tools. Can Make A Difference. We intend to writing india, provide quality information that is customized to on i can make a difference, the client's needs, in the process assisting them on how best to contest, use the available information. A Difference. By employing our services, our clients are assured of consultants dedicated to finding the essay writing right answers for their business and enabling them to benefit long after we have finished our work. We are in essay can make a difference this line of work because we like efficiency and because we understand and believe in problem solving and market/marketing research. As we grow we want to grow right.

For example we recognize that we have to be in constant touch with our stakeholders to essay, ensure market knowledge at essay can make, all times. This is the essays nature of the channels we deal with. On I Can Make. Also, we intend to build our management team correctly. We need the pro life contest right people in the right place at the right time if we are to ensure optimum growth. We intend to develop our team so that our people can grow as the essay on i company grows -- a mutually beneficial relationship. In a nutshell, we don't just intend to thesis man is to find, market and sell our service, but to essay, market and sell customized information, solutions and the american cancer, a total-quality environment. This will ensure we establish a reputable corporate image. Note: All displayed currency values represent Botswanan Pula (P).

We recommend using LivePlan as the easiest way to essay, create graphs for your own business plan. Pro Life Essay Contest. Our business strategy will revolve around the need to provide quality information to our various target clients/customers, in the process fully satisfying their needs. This shall be undertaken through recruitment of a professional marketing research and business consultancy team and the production of a difference good quality reports designed to pro life, cater to essay on i can make a difference, the client's needs. White Essays. These reports/proposals shall be professionally done so as to essay can make, be reflective of our intended image and reputation. Scientific Summer. We shall position ourselves as a quality service provider that strives to provide accuracy, relevancy and specific information. We intend to on i a difference, establish a good rapport with all the relevant government agencies and private institutions that may in turn refer us to rhetoric essay, aspiring entrepreneurs. With time our presence on can make, the World Wide Web will increase the essay contest knowledge of a difference our services to essay writing websites, the various market segments we shall be targeting. This is particularly so with foreign firms looking at establishing themselves in can make a difference Botswana, hence providing them easy access to india, local information. In such a case Web presence is a natural objective in essay can make a difference reaching the appropriate potential customers. The American. We also intend to essay, have brochures that will enable clients to have an understanding of the types of services we offer and thesis statement good man is, advantages of doing so.

In addition to well-done brochures, company profiles and business cards often have a triggering effect on on i a difference, clients contemplating investing in Botswana. Cancer. These will undoubtedly generate increased sales of our products. The keys to essay on i a difference, Palms and essays about cancer, Bonds success will undoubtedly be effective market segmentation through identification of on i can make a difference several niche markets and implementation strategies. Along these lines the company intends to implement personal selling and scientific summer, direct marketing strategies to essay can make a difference, the target markets. Essays About Cancer Society. Our personal selling marketing strategies will rotate around keeping in essay can make touch with investment and essays, finance bodies for on i can make major clients and word-of-mouth for more individual investors. our key success factors will include the scientific summer following: Excellence in fulfilling the a difference promise: completely confidential, reliable, trustworthy expertise and information. This dictates that we have the latest technology and software. Essay. Uncompromising commitment to the quality of the work: that is, quality data, information and essay can make a difference, solutions. Pro Life Essay Contest. Developing visibility to generate new business leads. Leveraging from a single pool of expertise into multiple revenue generation opportunities: retainer consulting, project consulting, market research, and market research published reports. Successful niche marketing: we intend to find and target the quality-conscious customer in essay can make a difference the right channels, making sure that the customer will find us through aggressive marketing.

Timeous response to clients orders: we cannot afford to delay the of music client's order for essay a difference whatever reason as this will have a negative bearing on white guilt, our image and essay can make a difference, reputation, including future business. We need to be continually communicating with the client. Marketing know-how: in good man is an increasingly competitive market there is need to aggressively market our business and essay a difference, the services we provide so as to summer essay, be continuously at the top of can make our prospective and essays, current clients minds. Entrepreneurial Flair: market volatility and increasing duplication of business ideas advocates that we continuously keep abreast of on i can make new trends and of music, our competitors. Essay On I Can Make A Difference. Palms and incident of the dog in the nighttime essays questions, Bonds offers clients reliable, quality information and proposals for business development, market development, and channel development that will maximize business development. A true alternative to a difference, in-house resources we offer a very high level of practical experience, know-how, contacts, and thesis of music, confidentiality. Can Make A Difference. At Palms and essay writing websites india, Bonds we are able to essay, provide comprehensive solutions to our clients' problems that will foster business development. Clients must know that working with Palms and Bonds is scientific summer essay a more professional, less risky way to develop new areas even than working completely in-house with their own people.

Palms and essay can make, Bonds must also be able to white essays, maintain financial balance, charging a competitive and on i can make a difference, realistic value for its services, and delivering an scientific summer essay even higher value to essay can make a difference, its clients. Initial focus will be development of the summer local market clientele. Essay Can Make. Our mission statement is: We endeavor to understand our customers' business so well as to be able to rhetoric essay prompts, offer comprehensive solutions to essay on i a difference, their problems. Your business plan can look as polished and professional as this sample plan. Of Music. It's fast and easy, with LivePlan. Business planning has never been easier. On I A Difference. With 500 complete sample plans, easy financials, and access anywhere, LivePlan turns your great idea into a great plan for success.

You can download this complete sample plan as a text document for essay FREE. Bplans is owned and essay a difference, operated by Palo Alto Software, Inc., as a free resource to help entrepreneurs start and run better businesses. 1996 - 2017 Palo Alto Software. All Rights Reserved | We're Hiring! Try the #1 business planning software risk-free for 60 days. Rhetoric Prompts. No contract, no risk. Built for entrepreneurs like you. No contract, no risk.

Built for on i can make a difference entrepreneurs like you.

Write My Philosophy Paper - Making a Difference - Essay by Ldt2Lover101 - Anti… - University of Wisconsin Milwaukee

Essay on i can make a difference

Write My Paper: Fast, Cheap & Quality Essay Writing Service - B>Essay Contest Winners | The Best & Brightest… - University of Central Florida

Do My Essay | Let Our Experts Do a Custom Essay for You! - St Prize High School Category, "Making a… - Towson University

robin morgan essay Excerpted from Fighting Words: A Toolkit for Combating the Religious Right by Robin Morgan. Copyright © 2006 by Robin Morgan. Essay On I Can Make! Published by Nation Books (September 28, 2006). Introduction by Robin Morgan: It Is Happening Here. Are you muttering to yourself a lot lately? Do you gnash your teeth, shout at your TV set, compare incredulous notes with friends? Do you try to essay laugh at it all, or deal with it by sending a check to an organization? Do you feel yourself wearying from the dogged assaults of our homegrown American Taliban, chafing at cynical, political manipulations of on i a difference, personal faith, or hardening with indifference at the familiarity of Orwellian double-speak? (My favorite for today is Senator Orrin Hatch’s “Capital punishment is our society's recognition of the sanctity of human life.”) Do you feel helpless, as it keeps getting worse? As I write this, in white guilt April, 2006, it no longer seems such a mystery that Europe’s Dark Ages could affirm superstitions that empowered the Church while eradicating knowledge of on i can make, how to build aqueducts, trepan skulls for brain surgery, safely deliver or abort a pregnancy, construct indoor plumbing, practice sophisticated herbal medicine, or even simply read and write.

Today, science in the United Statesonce a world leader in virtually every research fieldis under intense assault from the the american society, extreme religious right, via its White House representative, President George W. Bush. Essay Can Make! No matter how vast the scientific consensus that fossil fuels constitute a principal factor in climate change, Bush’s administration still won’t sign the Kyoto Protocol (and still speaks longingly of oil-drilling in the Alaskan wilderness). In 2006, the contest, National Institutes of essay can make a difference, Health budget is being cutfor the first time in 36 years. The U.S. now educates fewer scientists each year, and now imports more high-tech products than it exports. Bush administration policy dictates that one-third of all government HIV-prevention spendinghundreds of millionsmust go to “abstinence until marriage” programs, while government funding for programs that support condom use have been eviscerated (this, despite the failure rate for abstinence programs proving many times higher than for condom use). The Federal Drug Administration and guilt essays, the Centers for on i a difference, Disease Control have both been forced to take positions that please religious conservatives despite being contrary to essays cancer society their own scientific findingson the “morning after” Plan B pill and on condom use--provoking public resignations of scientists from both federal agencies. Reginald Finger, an evangelical Focus on the Family member and Bush appointee to essay a difference the CDC Immunization Committee, says he might actually oppose an HIV vaccine if one becomes available: “With any vaccine for HIV, dis-inhibition [freedom from fear, presumably of sex] would certainly be a factor and it is summer, something we will have to essay on i can make a difference pay attention to.” Finger may even block approval for a vaccine protecting women against HPV, the human papilloma virus that can cause cancer of the cervix: He worries “[T]his vaccine may be sending an overall message to teenagers that ‘We expect you to be sexually active.’” Meanwhile, the administration sends anti-choice lobbyists as delegates to international meetings on women’s health, and pressures global conferences on AIDS to prompts have Rev.

Franklin Graham lecture on “faith-based solutions to AIDS.” The religious right’s effect on Bush’s opposition to stem-cell research is notorious, despite the majority of scientistsand U.S. citizens, including evangelicalssupporting research that potentially could have as massive an impact on health as antibiotics did, particularly affecting research on cancer, Parkinson’s disease, other neurological disorders, diabetes, and on i can make a difference, paralysis. The Dark Ages indeed. With the incident of the dog in essays, Crusades thrown in, to boot. Recently, news coverage has been focused on worldwide marches, boycotts, flag- and building-burnings by Muslims protesting cartoons that allegedly mocked the essay on i, Prophet Muhammed, run by a Danish newspaper last year. TV pundits tsk-tsk about these “obsessed fanatics,” these literalist, fundamentalist extremists, while commentators (and U.S. Scientific Essay! politicians) discover a seemingly newfound pride in on i “Western free speech.” OK. Fair enough. Alright. But meanwhile, little attention is given to a short item running in essays only a few newspapers on February 11: protests by Callaway Christian Church members in Fulton, Missouri, which resulted in cancellation of the scheduled high-school spring production of Arthur Miller’s American classic, “The Crucible”; the Christian protests were actually about the on i can make a difference, high-school having already staged a (considerably tamed) version of the musical “Grease”yes, honest, that depraved orgy, “Grease”but their chilling effect was sufficient for Mark Ederle, superintendent of schools, to ban the Miller play, thus saving the school from being further mired in controversy.

The drama teacher, Wendy DeVore, quit after learning that her contract would almost certainly not be renewed. Essays About Cancer! Dr. Ederle said, That was me in my worst Joe McCarthy moment, to essay a difference some.” Since “The Crucible,” set in Salem, Massachusetts during the pro life essay contest, witch trials, was written as a metaphor for McCarthyism, well . Essay A Difference! . White Essays! . A Difference! yes. Not one news commentator pointed out the parallels, wondered why free speech was such a great idea to scientific brandish abroad but not at home, or compared one set of obsessed, fanatic, literalist, fundamentalist extremists against essay on i, freedom of of the dog in the nighttime essays, expression with the essay on i can make a difference, other. On August 15, 1997, a man named Gil Alexander-Moegerle held a press conference in summer essay Colorado Springs.

Co-founder with James Dobson of the group Focus on the Family, he had just authored a book, James Dobson's War on America , the first insider expose of a major religious- right organization. Amazingly, Alexander-Moegerle, taking his Christianity seriously for a difference, a change, offered a public apology to white essays all women, men of color, Jews, Muslims, homosexual people, and others harmed by “actions and attitudes on essay the part of the Christian Right in general and James Dobson and Focus on the Family in particular.” He also revealed how corruptly the white essays, Christian right operates behind the scenes, urged an end to political lobbying by such organizations, and issued a warning to the American people. There was virtually no coverage of his press conference (though it is still available in full at www.ralliance.org/Alexander-Moegerle.html ). His book was barely reviewed. Even our media is afraid. Our media’s corporate ownership is afraid. We are all more than a little afraid. And we are tired. The great Supreme Court Justice Louis D. Brandeis wrote: “Those who won our independence believed . . . that the greatest menace to on i can make a difference freedom is an inert people. . . . Of Music! that it is hazardous to discourage thought, hope, and imagination; that fear breeds repression; that repression breeds hate; that hate menaces stable government. Essay Can Make! . . . [Fear] cannot alone justify suppression of free speech and assembly. Men feared witches and burnt women. Thesis Of Music! It is the function of speech to free men from the bondage of irrational fears (Concurrence in a difference Whitney v. California , 1927). But really, should we be surprised that the state of the Union has been corroded this far, or that religion should be employed as the corrosive element?

After all, God is contest, always claimed to be on both sides in every war, and the Bible has been used to essay on i can make a difference defend the Crusades, the about the american society, Inquisitions, conquest, slavery, lynching, apartheid, indentured servitude, racism, poverty, wife battery, child abuse, homophobia, and on i, other holy terrors. After all, the decade 1991-2001 saw multiple attacks on U.S. clinics and medical personnel providing contraception and abortion services, leaving eight dead and 33 seriously wounded. Of The Dog In The Nighttime Questions! Additionally, there have been more than 20 arsons and attempted arsons, 10 bombings and attempted bombings, and multiple clinics in 23 states have received threats of anthrax and essay a difference, chemical attacks. This was not called “terrorism.” Yet in white guilt essays the wake of the September 11, 2001 attacks, an essay on i a difference, American Life League ad attacking Planned Parenthood ran in the Washington Times , declaring “Abortion is the rhetoric prompts, ultimate terrorism.” After all, news items like the following have now become commonplace: * The three largest Christian-right organizations call for “crusaders” to pray that certain U.S. Supreme Court justices whose voting records they dislike will die. * Televangelist Pat Robertson blames Emmy-Awards-host Ellen Degeneres for the Hurricane Katrina disaster: “This is the second time [9/11] God has invoked a disaster before lesbian Ellen Degenerate hosted the essay on i, Emmy Awards . . . America is waiting for her to apologize for the death and destruction her sexual deviance has brought onto this great nation.” Robertson also noted that the Christian Broadcasting Network had compiled a list of essay contest, 283 nominees, presenters, and invited guests at the Emmys “known to be of a difference, sexually deviant persuasions.” * Citing “religious reasons,” some pharmacists now refuse to fill prescriptions for emergency “morning after” contraception, flatly (and illegally) turning away their female customers--including survivors of sexual assault. * Air Force Captain Melinda Morton, a Lutheran executive chaplain at the Air Force Academy in Colorado, resigns her commission after being fired for whistle-blowing about “strident evangelicalism” infecting the religious climate at the Academy, where 55 complaints about religious discrimination have been lodged in contest the past four years. “Evangelicalism is the official religion of the U.S. On I! Air Force Academy,” Morton warns. Summer Essay! (And yes, this is the same Academy infamous for its epidemic of rape and sexual-harassment charges by female cadets--who were ignored or even punished for complaining.) * Pennsylvania, Ohio, and essay can make a difference, Kansas garner some press attention for their legal battles and school-board struggles over the campaign to teach “intelligent design”--“creationism” renamed--as science. Rhetoric Essay Prompts! But The National Center for Science Education ( www.natcensied.org ), which defends the a difference, teaching of evolution in public schools, notes that such battles are increasing in thesis on censorship of music Alabama, Michigan, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Utah, and other states.

* Georgia has taken things even furtherbecoming the on i can make a difference, first state to contest approve the use of the Bible as a public-school core textbook. Alabama and Missouri are looking into similar measures. * “Faith-based prisons” are proliferatingapparently as much to rake in profits as to spread the a difference, Gospel to essays about the american cancer society a captive audience. Taxpayers unwittingly finance such prosletyzing prisons, where inmates receive special privileges if they follow all-day, all-week, Christian agendas. On I A Difference! Former convicted Watergate conspirator Charles Colson’s Prison Ministry Fellowship runs “partnership” prisons with its $46 million annual budget. On Censorship Of Music! When he was governor, George W. Bush helped launch the “Inner Change Freedom Initiative” in Texas; Inner Change now also runs prisons in Kansas and Minnesota. Another Bush governor, Jeb, happily supports three (with more to come) “faith-based prisons” in Florida. In New Mexico, the state contracts with the Corrections Corporation of America, the largest private prison “provider”: workbooks for on i, women prisoners emphasize obedience under such headings as “Yielding Rights” and “Proper Submission.” * Meanwhile, the Bush administration initiates or supports: --providing funds for “faith-based” social-service programs to curious incident dog in the nighttime questions practice religious discrimination: hiring only staff who belong to the same church; --a school voucher program, which would give parents federal tax dollars for tuition to private, religious schools; --pressuring staff in essay a difference the White House, Justice Department, and other federal agencies to begin their workday with attendance at the american cancer “voluntary” Bible study and prayer sessions. --approval of a federally funded health plan for Catholics only, that excludes insurance coverage for contraceptives, abortion, sterilization, or artificial insemination; --instituting a religious test for judges, promising to appoint only “commonsense judges who understand that our rights were derived from God.” Americans who revere The Constitution of the a difference, United States and believe in the strict separation of religion and government are in a state of deepening shock and growing anxiety.

They include religiously observant people of every faith, as well as agnostics and atheists. Most Americans fear, sensibly, that the ultra-conservative religious right is gaining historic political power via a glib, well-organized, media-savvy movement with powerful friends in high places. But average Americans feel helpless to confront them. Most of us haven’t read the Founding Documents since grade school (if then). We assume that U.S. Essays The American Cancer Society! law has Judeo-Christian roots. (It doesn’t.)

Most Americans lack the tools to argue against the religious right. This book is the tool-kit for arguing . We don’t know that the Constitution contains not one reference to a deity -- on purpose. We don’t know that Jefferson’s original draft of the Declaration of essay can make a difference, Independence did not mention “endowed by on censorship of music, the Creator,” but read: “ We hold these truths to be sacred and undeniable, that all men are created equal and independent; that from that equal creation they derive in on i a difference rights inherent and unalienable, among which are the preservation of life, and liberty andthe pursuit of happiness . Scientific Summer Essay! . .” One tool in on i this kit is the lie-detector. For instance: * Former Attorney General John Ashcroft invoked “the Christian Fathers of our country,” but actually, the Founders were a hodgepodge of freethinkers, Deists, agnostics, Christians, atheists, and Freemasons--and they were radicals . For example:

Question with boldness even the existence of a god. --Thomas Jefferson. Religious bondage shackles and curious of the, debilitates the mind. --James Madison. I doubt of Revelation itself. --Benjamin Franklin. My own mind is my church. --Thomas Paine. * Pat Robertson claims that “In God We Trust” was on essay a difference our currency and “Under God” was the U.S. motto “from 1776.” Are you surprised to learn that neither was the case--until the 1950s ? * George W. Bush adds “so help me God” to his Presidential Oath of Office. Did he know he was defying The Constitution? * General William Boykin, Undersecretary of Defense, announces, “We’re a Christian nation.” But the U.S. Treaty of Tripoli --initiated by George Washington and signed into law by John Adams--declares: “ The government of the United States of scientific summer essay, America is not in on i any sense founded on the Christian Religion. ” * Prayer circles proliferate in the U.S. House of Representatives and essay, the Senate. Yet James Madison, “father of the Constitution,” denounced the presence of chaplains in Congress--and even in essay on i can make a difference the armed forces--as unconstitutional. * Cardinal Egan is a front-row guest when, for the first time in history, an American president signs a bill outlawing an essay, approved medical procedure (emergency late-term abortion).

Most people believe the Roman Catholic Church’s position on abortion is 2000 years old and essay on i, infallible. Yet the 15th-century church considered abortion moral --and even today the prohibition is not governed by thesis on censorship of music, papal infallibility. * When President George W. Bush established an “Office for Faith-Based Initiatives” inside the White House, he was in clear violation of the Lemon Test, based on a 1971 U.S. Supreme Court decision, which begins: “ Any statute [or public policy] must have a secular legislative purpose ”--and then continues with even stronger wording. * Rev. Jerry Falwell blames the 9/11 attacks on “the pagans, abortionists, feminists, gays and on i can make, lesbians . . . [and other] groups who have tried to secularize America.” He’s a bit late: Alexander Hamilton attacked Jefferson and the other Founders for their successful “conspiracy to establish atheism on the ruins of Christianity” in scientific essay the newly formed United States of on i can make, America.

* Alabama State Supreme Court (deposed) Chief Justice Roy Moore defends his display of the Ten Commandments by claiming that U.S. law is founded on common law, in turn based on Judeo-Christian tradition. But hear this: “ We may safely affirm (though contradicted by all the judges and writers on curious of the dog in essays earth) that Christianity neither is, nor ever was, a part of the common law.”--Thomas Jefferson . The principle of separation of church and state was first articulated by Roger Williams, who was banished from Massachusetts for his beliefs and who then founded the settlement of essay on i can make a difference, Rhode Island in the 1600s. Dog In Essays! The Framers of on i, The U.S. Constitution adopted this principle (and were also influenced by The Iroquois Confederacy’s laws on the rights of all peoples). It has been upheld by every Supreme Court since 1879--until 2002, when the court approved school vouchers. Now--no hyperbole--it is in genuine danger. The United States, still a young country with a short memory, has been swept by religious revivals before.

For instance, we now take it for summer, granted that churches, temples, mosques, and other religious institutions are tax-exempt--but it was not always that way, nor was it the essay on i, intent of the Founders: this policy was the fruit of a religious campaign. So was “In God We Trust” getting stamped onto essay our coinage, and the insertion of “Under God” in our Pledge of Allegiance. Beginning with Lincoln’s administration, presidents (and also congresses) have repeatedly turned back attempts to a difference pass a “Christian Amendment,” which would declare Jesus Christ “the Ruler among nations.” (Why aren’t we taught this sort of thing in school?) It’s been more than 80 years since the 1925 Scopes “Monkey” Trial in Tennessee--where the judge wouldn’t permit Clarence Darrow to put scientists on essays about cancer the stand as witnesses to vouch for Darwin’s scientific method. Yet when left up to the states (post-Scopes), ruling after ruling continued to ban the teaching of evolution: by 1930, 70 percent of U.S. school districts did not teach evolution. It was not until 1968, in Epperson v. Arkansas , that the Supreme Court ruled against such bans as having a primary religious purpose, thus violating the Constitution’s Establishment Clause.

In 1987, in Edwards v. Aguillard, the Court used the same rationale to essay on i can make strike down a Louisiana law requiring biology teachers who taught evolution to discuss “evidence” supporting “creation science.” (Moral: we can recover from these assaults.) Interestingly, a recent study by of the questions, evolutionary scientist Gregory Paul in the Journal of Religion and essay can make a difference, Society (Vol. 7, 2005), found that greater degrees of social dysfunction in a society correlated with higher religiosity. Contrary to religionists’ claims that secularism produces moral decay, secular societiese.g., France, the Scandinavian countries, Japan--have far lower rates of homicide, sexually transmitted diseases, teen pregnancy, and abortion than does the U.S. with our high rate of religionists, a rate unique among industrialized Western nations. Similarly, the more secular “blue states” in the U.S. have lower rates of divorce, infant mortality, homicide, and violence than the so-called “red states” where fundamentalism claims to have made its beachhead. But this religious revival, this time, is different. What’s different this time is the blatant political mobilization of extreme right religious forces--which in essay contest this country are primarily though not exclusively Christian--with the stated theocratic goal sometimes called “Dominionism”: taking over on i a difference, the government and “Christianizing America.” (Never mind the anguished embarrassment this causes principled Christian Americans, and never mind that such politicking contradicts Jesus’s purported own words: “The kingdom of heaven is within you” (IB. IV [1904], no. 654, The Oxyrhynchus Papyri, 1989). What’s different this time is that the current, tightly organized, well-financed mobilization has been carefully constructed over 25 years, precisely to such an end.

What’s different this time is that this religious extremism--peopled by scared, loyal, true believers, but led by ambitious, hypocritical, political cynics--has in fact seized power in white guilt all three branches of our government, yet wants still more. But to fully grasp what’s different this time, we need to pause for essay can make a difference, a brief historical aside. We’ve all heard religious condemnation of atheists and agnostics (along with liberals and feminists, of rhetoric essay, course) as “Nazi baby-killers” for defending a woman’s right to self determination over her own body; and how anyone who insists on can make a difference strict separation of church and state is an curious of the dog in the nighttime essays questions, “anti-Christian godless Nazi.” So it’s crucial to understand--with history, not histrionics--just who is repeating which past, and who is not. Adolf Hitler and the National Socialist Party came to on i power via coalition with and thesis of music, support from Germany’s Christian churches, both Catholic and Protestant. Hitler, born into essay can make, the Roman Catholic Church, was never excommunicated, and he forged political Concordats with the Church. As late as 1941, he told one of his generals, Gerhard Engel, “I am now as before a Catholic, and will always remain so.” Early in his power-consolidation, o n July 14, 1933, Hitler signed into law Article 1 of the Decree Concerning the Constitution of the German Protestant Church,” merging the German Protestant Church into essays, the Reich, and can make, giving the Reich authority to ordain priests. Essays About Cancer Society! Article 3 of the Decree assured the new state church that the Reich would finance it, stating: Should the competent agencies of a State Church refuse to include assessments of the German Protestant Church in their budget, the appropriate State Government will cause the expenditures to be included in the budget upon request of the Reich Cabinet.

The constitution of this new, state-sponsored, German church began: At a time in which our German people are experiencing a great historical new era through the essay on i can make a difference, grace of God, [this church] federates into a solemn league all denominations that stem from the contest, Reformation . . . and thereby bears witness to: “One Body and One Spirit, One Lord, One Faith, One Baptism, One God and Father of All of Us, who is on i a difference, Above All, and Through All, and In All.” Article 5 established a head for the new State Church: “Reich Bishop.” Hitler appointed Ludwig Müller, a Lutheran pastor who retained the position until he committed suicide at the war’s end (for more information, see www.commondreams.org ). Women--the canaries in the mine--were hit first. The Kinder, Kirche, Kuche (“children, church, kitchen”) ideal was promulgated by the State Church, women’s groups and publications were shut down, and in the year Hitler became chancellor, feminists and “non-Aryans” were forced out of prompts, jobs in education, political office, and the judiciary. In 1934, based on religious arguments , abortion for “Christian Aryan” women was banned and made a criminal offense against the state, punishable by hard labor or the death penalty. Well. But surely it’s different in the here and now. There are token women, even of color, in the U.S. administration--although the on i can make a difference, reins of about society, deep power remain clutched in rich, pale, male hands. Besides, we are the country that gave the world Madison Avenue advertising techniques--so totalitarianism here was always bound to have a slick, palatable, happy-face, salable veneer. But here are some real comparison quotes.

They need no rhetoric. They speak for themselves. “I hope I will live to can make see the curious incident of the dog in the nighttime questions, day when, as in the early days of our country, we won't have any public schools. The churches will have taken them over again and Christians will be running them.”--Rev. Jerry Falwell. “Secular schools can never be tolerated because such a school has no religious instruction and a general moral instruction without a religious foundation is built on air; consequently, all character training and religion must be derived from faith. . . Essay On I! . We need believing people.”--Adolf Hitler, April 26, 1933, speech during negotiations leading to the Nazi-Vatican Concordat. “God wants me to run for President.”--George W. Bush, 2000 campaign statement. “I am convinced that I am acting as the agent of our Creator. By fighting off the incident essays, Jews, I am doing the Lord's work. --Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf.

You, me, and this little book--this tool-kit--in your hands. As a writer and a reader, I trust the power of can make a difference, words that try to essay tell truths. I believe such words can help save us--our country, and our scarred, embattled planet. Tom Paine despaired that his words were hopelessly misunderstood--yet they inspired a revolution. Lincoln, on meeting Harriet Beecher Stowe, author of Uncle Tom’s Cabin , said “So this is the little lady who started the Civil War.” I want to essay start no war--of culture or otherwise.

Perhaps naively, I still want to end wars. The sole purpose of Fighting Words is to reacquaint my countrymen and countrywomen with our secular roots--and inspire us to honor them. Happily, there seems to pro life essay be a growing hunger for histories of early America and for biographies of the Founders who framed the new nation’s Constitution. Still (regrettably), too few people plow through 400-page books. We live in an age and culture of on i can make a difference, sound-bites and incident the nighttime essays questions, factoids. On I Can Make A Difference! So I researched and compiled Fighting Words whichbegan life asa short piece in Ms . magazine--in hopes of bridging the two: feeding the hunger, but with the sound-bite brevity of modern communications. A tool for arguing. A source to pull from pocket, purse, or knapsack and brandish, saying “No! Wait! That’s not true ! Actually , James Madison said . . .” A body of evidence.

A database for reference when writing letters to scientific essay newspapers, or debating in school. Or just to on i can make a difference delight in feeling vindicated, and in recognizing the rhetoric prompts, Founders not as dusty, pompous, old men in powdered wigs, but as the revolutionaries they actually were. This book is U.S.-specific--although I confess it would have been lovely to include bits from the luminous writing of Mary Wollstonecraft, or from “The Necessity of can make a difference, Atheism” by Percy Bysshe Shelley (an essay that got him expelled from Oxford in 1811). I was tempted to add many quotes like Graham Greene’s “Heresy is only another word for essays about, freedom of thought,” or Albert Camus’ “Don't wait for the Last Judgment. Essay Can Make A Difference! It takes place every day.” But what does insist on inclusion here is the following paragraph by scientific, Alexis de Tocqueville, from his great Democracy in America , in essay on i can make a difference 1835: They all attributed the essay, peaceful dominion of religion in on i can make their country mainly to the separation of church and state. I do not hesitate to affirm that during my stay in America I did not meet a single individual, of the clergy or the laity, who was not of the same opinion on this point.

Lucky de Tocqueville. It’s time to reclaim our nation and essay contest, return it to can make a difference its original “patriotic” values. Curious Incident Dog In! These constitute our rightful inheritance, and could serve, as well, as our inspiration. The United States of America was--is--a remarkable experiment, as its Founders realized. On I! To this day, the guilt, reason the world wants to come here is not really for the plasma TVs, big cars, fast foods, and commercial hype--especially since these dubious enticements are now being exported around the essay on i can make a difference, globe. The real reason the world wants to essay come here is essay a difference, still to be part of the incident dog in the nighttime, remarkable experiment. So it’s up to us. On I! You and thesis, me. After the first Constitutional Convention, Benjamin Franklin was asked what type of government the essay on i a difference, Founders had chosen. Franklin replied, “We have given you a republic--if you can keep it.”

Excerpted from Fighting Words: A Toolkit for Combating the Religious Right by Robin Morgan. Copyright 2006 by Robin Morgan. Published by Nation Books (September 28, 2006). Fighting Words is the indispensible Little Red (and White and white, Blue) Book for reclaiming our country, a Quotations from essay on i a difference Chairman Jefferson--plus Washington, Madison, Franklin, and many more. Funny, eye-opening, accessible, smart, and best of all really useful for combating the Christianizing of curious dog in essays questions, America.LILY TOMLIN and JANE WAGNER. “Here are the real words of our founders, free of the prison of on i can make, rightwing distortion--and we've never needed them more!”GLORIA STEINEM.

A crucial, must-have book!--BARRY LYNN, EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF AMERICANS UNITED FOR SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE.

Want to Buy Law Essay But Dont Know - – How to make a difference | Scott Berkun - Virginia Tech

Buy College Essay | Custom College Essay Writing Help - $10/page! - "i can make a difference" Essay - 262… - University of Windsor

Cool Industry – User Experience Research. What does your company do? AnswerLab is a User Experience Research firm based in San Francisco. Our team of essay on i can make a difference talented researchers breaks down the essays cancer society barriers to technology so that humans can achieve more in their daily lives. We bridge the gap between end consumers and engineers, in order to make digital products more effective and a difference, delightful. Scientific. My Co-Founder, Dan Clifford, and I started AnswerLab for one simple reason: the people who build digital products are not the essay a difference same as the rhetoric prompts people who use those products. It’s impossible to fully understand the end users without talking with them. Researchers in our industry spend time watching what consumers see, do, and on i, think while interacting with digital products. We use cool research techniques like usability testing, surveys, eye tracking and behavioral tracking to understand how our clients’ websites and essays about cancer, apps can be better. Why is it one of the coolest industries?

For a couple of reasons: first, researchers in this industry are on the cutting edge of on i can make a difference testing new websites, mobile apps, mobile websites, and iPad apps before they become public. Society. Our clients are leading innovators: Microsoft, PayPal, eBay, Yahoo!, EA, and essay a difference, Cisco to name a few. We see their plans before the rest of the world does. And, our insights help these innovators drive customer acquisition and essays about the american cancer society, loyalty, thus improving their bottom line. Secondly, User Experience Researchers have a breadth of research methods in essay, our toolkits, such that no two studies are the same. Every client challenge is of music unique, making it nearly impossible to tire of the work.

Also, because digital products change so frequently, our research methods evolve rapidly. At AnswerLab, our researchers are part of defining innovative new research techniques. What kind of training and essay a difference, personality does your industry require? User Experience Researchers often have a degree in Human Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Human Factors, or Cognitive Psychology. Scientific. However, the can make degree isn’t the largest predictor of someone’s success in this field. (In fact, I have an English degree.) Ultimately, researchers must have excellent communication skills, be active listeners, and have a keen ability to uncover deep insights that lie between what users say and the nighttime essays, what they actually do. Additionally, because our research methods involve software and our clients’ products involve complex prototypes, researchers benefit from having a knack for dealing with technology. But, most importantly of all, you need a passion for essay on i a difference, research, a natural curiosity about human behavior, and a deep desire to help people achieve more with technology. Amy Buckner is summer essay Co-Founder Managing Partner of AnswerLab. For over essay on i can make a difference 12 years, Amy has been providing insights to Fortune 500 companies who need to white guilt essays, make critical product development decisions.

She is an expert in eye tracking, quantitative user experience testing, remote usability testing, mobile and can make, international research. Amy graduated Phi Beta Kappa and magna cum laude from Vanderbilt University with a degree in English and of music, East Asian Studies. She is fluent in essay can make a difference, Japanese. AnswerLab conducts user experience research providing insight and recommendations about how people use websites, mobile and software applications. AnswerLab partners with clients at any phase of product development, from concept testing through implementation, to ongoing benchmarking and of the dog in questions, tracking. Essay Can Make A Difference. The company is a recognized leader in contest, user experience research. Essay On I A Difference. In 2009 AnswerLab was the only research firm named to Inc Magazine’s Inc 500 List of Fastest Growing Privately Held companies in America. AnswerLab was also the essay only research firm named to The San Francisco Business Times’ list of 100 Fastest Growing Private companies in the Bay Area.

AnswerLab’s clients include industry-leaders such as FedEx, Yahoo!, eBay, Intuit, PayPal, Genentech, Cisco, Experian, ING direct and Microsoft. Learn more at www.answerlab.com. Is The Retirement Age Going Up? by Ryan Himmel. There is, without question, a growing trend of people starting to recognize the need to consider retirement at a later age than previously thought. The financial planning that was done five to ten years ago no longer makes sense since the economic environment is on i can make a difference much different, and the life expectancy rate continues to climb at a rapid pace. Today the average 65 year old can expect to live to almost 84, versus a life expectancy of white 77.9 in 2007 (CDC Aug ‘09). In addition, the 65 year old plus population is expected to grow from essay on i 40M today to pro life, 71M, or 20% of the population in 2030 (US Census Bureau June ‘09). In essence, this means that many are going to be living much past 84 and financial plans need to take that into account. With that said, let’s review some ways in which you can better prepare for retirement with the essay on i hopes of getting there sooner than later.

It starts with cutting out expenses. Before you even start analyzing your budget, seriously consider moving to a lower cost location. Moving from a city such as New York to on censorship of music, a more affordable location like Fort Lauderdale, Florida can save you tens of essay on i can make a difference thousands now and into the hundreds of thousands in the future. Here’s an example – if your income was $50,000 a year in New York City and rhetoric prompts, you moved to Fort Lauderdale, your standard of living would NOT change if your income was 47.34% less or $26,330 in Fort Lauderdale. This is just one example – you can go to bankrate.com to check out another city. Remove High Maintenance Items (Savings: $1,000+) Sometimes we don’t realize it, but having an extra car can really be an unnecessary expense. You would be cutting out the high gas costs of $2.50 to $3.25 per gallon, toll fees, and then yearly maintenance charges.

Get Rid of High Fee Investment Products (Savings: Variable) Scope your portfolio and look at the fee structure for the investments you made with your retirement savings. A lot of investment products carry high administrative/management fees that can be avoided by shifting to lower fee Mutual Funds and CDs. Limit Credit Card Spending (Savings: $100-$1,000+) What made sense financially such as building your credit profile when you were in your 20s, 30s and 40s doesn’t make sense now that you are in your 60s older. Credit cards are just for convenience and essay on i a difference, they come with high interest charges (i.e. 15-20%). Ryan Himmel is a CPA, registered securities analyst and about cancer, the founder and essay can make a difference, CEO of BIDaWIZ.com.

BIDaWIZ is a leading online marketplace where business owners and consumers alike can obtain trusted answers to tough finance and scientific, tax questions from licensed business experts. Ryan has been quoted in essay on i a difference, The Wall Street Journal, Forbes, Fox Business, Crain’s New York, among other notable publications. Ryan regularly contributes to the community with his finance and tax blog. Essays About Cancer. Contact Ryan at [email protected] or on Twitter @BIDaWIZ. Receive a professionally designed custom resume for less than gassing up your car. Click here to learn more http://helpmyresume.org/membership.html. For more great information follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook. MyBestBossEver.com Harnesses the on i a difference Strategies of the Best Bosses. JEM Business Media.

Telephone Number: 816.478.3249. MyBestBossEver.com Harnesses the Strategies of the Best Bosses. Kansas City, MO—My Best Boss Ever, a new book published by JEM Business Media explores the strategies of the thesis on censorship best bosses from across the country to help better your leadership abilities. Told through powerful stories, the recently printed book takes a new spin on leadership development, highlighting personalized stories as told to the author. Rory Rowland, president and founder of essay Rowland Consulting is the author of this groundbreaking work. Essay Prompts. After speaking with hundreds of employees across the country, Rory took the most powerful stories and molded them together for on i, a guaranteed leadership jumpstart! “I’m extremely excited about this venture,” says Rory. Thesis On Censorship Of Music. “Over the years, I’d always hear people complain of the worst boss they’d had. But who wants to essay can make, listen to depressing stories? So I decided to take a new spin on the process! One of essays about cancer society my favorite quotes that I heard was, ‘My boss was more interested in essay on i can make, promoting me than himself.’ Think about the power behind that quote for a while, and then I think you’ll truly understand the message in My Best Boss Ever.” Copies of the book can be purchased directly from the author, or on Amazon.com.

After serving as president of two financial institutions, Rory began using his communication skills and wealth of knowledge on various topics to empower others to succeed. The president and white guilt essays, founder of Rowland Consulting in Independence, Missouri, Rory is the author of “My Best Boss Ever,” “My Best Service Ever,” and “Think Huge.” For more information about the services offered by Rory, please visit www.roryrowland.com or email him at [email protected] A sample story from “My Best Boss Ever” “ We learn by essay on i example and by direct experience because there are real limits to the adequacy of verbal instruction .” Malcolm Gladwell. My best boss ever was J. Willard Marriott Jr.

I used to be a regional manager for the Marriott Corporation and on occasion, J. Rhetoric Essay. Willard Marriott Jr. would visit my region to essay can make a difference, survey his hotels. He came to one of the hotels in the south, and it was a warm, beautiful day in spring. It was the kind of incident of the dog in day that makes you wish you were young again. As we approached the hotel, the manager of the essay on i can make a difference property came out to greet Mr. Marriott and thesis on censorship of music, myself. After exchanging pleasantries, we walked into the hotel. We passed by a flower patch that unfortunately had some weeds in it. Mr. Marriott got on his hands and essay, knees and began to pull the weeds. I had worked with Mr. Marriott enough to of music, know to get down and help.

Unfortunately, the manager stood there and simply watched us. Noticing this, I got up, placed my hands on his shoulders, and applied a little pressure. He caught on on i can make a difference, and got down on his hands and summer essay, knees with us. The three of us finished the job. Mr. Marriott did not say anything that day, but he spoke volumes.

If you see weeds, pick them. Essay On I A Difference. People will get the idea. Even though Mr. Marriott never said anything else about prompts it, on subsequent visits to essay can make, this hotel, I never, ever saw weeds in the flowerbed again. Essays Cancer. Never. Life Changing for the Teacher. I own Karuna Yoga studio in essay on i can make, Los Angeles, CA and teach both adults and children. For nine years, I have been going into public and private schools and teaching kids yoga classes. The classes are once a week for twenty minutes each.

I have taught over seventy five thousand children of diverse cultural backgrounds from ages two to twelve. To experience how so many children consistently enjoy yoga and essay, meditation confirms by belief that inherently, we all want to essay a difference, learn and grow in thesis on censorship of music, positive ways. My themes for kids yoga classes range from on i how happy our hearts feel from helping others, to being patient to show care for others, to sharing our hearts with ourselves and those around us. Teaching children how to regulate their attention and their emotions through the practice of thesis on censorship of music yoga and meditation greatly inspires my belief that collectively we can create a positive future for our communities. Can Make. Children will be our innovators, teachers, artists and white, caretakers of tomorrow. Teaching children practical ways to ground themselves to on i can make a difference, remain confident and calm will undoubtedly be used in our quickly changing world – giving a child the means the find a creative and caring solution to challenging events in life.

To give time each week and help children understand how to focus and stay connected with compassion has been life changing for me. The hearts of all the children I have taught has motivated me to be a more caring adult. About the author: Kelly Wood is the thesis on censorship of music owner and essay a difference, director of Karuna Yoga, a successful yoga studio in of the, Los Angeles, CA. She offers her specialty Karuna Yoga Teacher Training courses which are designed for finding one’s authentic voice and teaching style. Kelly’s teaching style is influenced by her in-depth study of Hatha and Kundalini Yoga, dance, philosophy and art history. Kelly has created Hi Yoga, yoga for on i, parents and kids. Hi Yoga includes a fifteen minute yoga sequence for children to practice on their own and a second fifteen minute yoga sequence for parents and children to practice together for secure bonding and quality time together. Kelly is currently working with Jane Tavyev, MD, Pediatric Neurology/ Neurodevelopmental Disabilities at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center and UCLA to research the benefits of on censorship of music yoga in children with autism. Do you want a professional to essay can make, take a look at your resume? Send us your resume http://helpmyresume.org/membership.html.

For more great information follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook. Working into essays the american, Retirement Age by Spencer Hill. A greater number of individuals are working into their late 60’s, 70’s and even into a difference, their 80’s. A couple of weeks ago on of music, TV, there was a report on an OB/GYN who was still seeing patients and teaching at a medical school at essay can make a difference age 100. This will become more common as life expectancy increases. Other reasons are people want to maintain their lifestyle as they age. By using retirement savings to supplement other earnings, one can work less, maintain a retirement nest egg, and have time and about cancer, resources to enjoy life better. The people I have met that continue to work after normal retirement age enjoy what they do. These individuals are engaged in essay can make a difference, their community and essay contest, church.

Sitting on a rocking chair on the porch just doesn’t interest them. They believe being active in essay on i, business and community keeps them healthier and mentally stronger than their peers. A fellow in my community worked for a national restaurant franchisor turning around weak franchises. He retired, took his 401k monies and bought a franchise. After doing the due diligence looking for the one with the most problems, which had great traffic, and the most potential to be turned around; he settled on essay, one.

For the next five years, he and can make a difference, his wife worked in essay prompts, that restaurant seven days a week. Eventually finding a young man that could be trained to essay a difference, be the manager, then found assistant managers to work nights and weekends. Now 12 years later, he works about 4 days a month doing maintenance and checking on essays cancer society, the money. Sometimes that career in retirement is completely different than your original career. Another gentleman I know worked construction during the college summers. After leaving the military, becoming a teacher he found himself working construction in the summer to make more money. His career advanced being a principal and a difference, a district administrator. Seven years from retirement he took the general contractors license test and formed a construction company. Over the next few years his company did remodeling on residences and some new construction. Now fully retired with a state pension, he still does construction, but only jobs he wants to do that have an above average profit. These are but a few examples of the people I see working into their retirement years.

The two motivating factors are 1) they love what they are doing and 2) their quality of life is better than just living off their retirement nest egg. Anyone can accomplish this if they plan to pursue their passion in retirement. Some take a hobby and create a business, for example a female lawyer who enjoys doing parliamentarian work that pays for her travel and makes a profit at it. As for me, I am planning to work and enjoy life for the next 50 plus years into my 90’s. I have my office with an 85 year old accountant who comes into work in the morning singing. He maintains two offices and works 6 days a week. Scientific Summer Essay. The other day he told me he would consider retiring in 15 years. Receive a professionally designed custom resume for less than gassing up your car. Click here to learn more http://helpmyresume.org/membership.html. For more great information follow us on Twitter and like us on can make a difference, Facebook. Career Advice (33) Cost Saving Tips (6) cover letter tips (4) Dress for Success (8) HelpMyResume.org (20) Interview Tips (35) Job Career Trends (4) Job Postings (7) Job Search Skills You Need To Have (153) Motivation (36) Resume Tips (32) Self-Employment (23) Sell Yourself (32) Stimulus Package (3) Surviving Unemployment (26) The Federal Resume (4) Unplugging (9) Video Resumes (2) Volunteering (7)

Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.

Buy Essay Uk - St Prize High School Category, "Making a… - Newcastle University

Thesis & Essays: Buy Local Essay Best Texts! - B>Essay Contest Winners | The Best & Brightest… - East Carolina University

43 Resume Tips That Will Help You Get Hired. When you haven’t updated your resume in a while, it can be hard to know where to start. What experiences and accomplishments should you include for the jobs you’ve got your eye on? What new resume rules and trends should you be following? And seriously, one page or two? Well, search no more: We’ve compiled all the resume advice you need into can make, one place. Read on for tips and tricks that’ll make sure you craft a winning resume—and help you land a job.

Your resume should not have every work experience you’ve ever had listed on scientific essay, it. Think of your resume not as a comprehensive list of your career history, but as a marketing document selling you as the perfect person for the job. For each resume you send out, you’ll want to on i, highlight only the accomplishments and skills that are most relevant to the job at hand (even if that means you don’t include all of your experience). Job search expert Lily Zhang explains more about what it means to tailor your resume here . Rhetoric Essay Prompts! 2. But Keep a Master List of on i, All Jobs. Since you’ll want to be swapping different information in and out white guilt essays, depending on the job you’re applying to, keep a resume master list on on i a difference, your computer where you keep any information you’ve ever included on a resume: old positions, bullet points tailored for different applications, special projects that only sometimes make sense to include. Then, when you’re crafting each resume, it’s just a matter of cutting and pasting relevant information together.

Think of this as your brag file . Essay! 3. Put the Best Stuff “Above the Fold” In marketing speak, “above the fold” refers to what you see on the front half of a folded newspaper (or, in the digital age, before you scroll down on a website), but basically it’s your first impression of a document. In resume speak, it means you should make sure your best experiences and a difference, accomplishments are visible on rhetoric essay prompts, the top third of your resume. This top section is what the essay on i can make, hiring manager is going to see first—and what will serve as a hook for someone to keep on reading. So focus on putting your best, most relevant experiences first—and then check out these five other marketing tricks to get your resume noticed . Rhetoric Prompts! According to Zhang , the only occasion when an objective section makes sense is when you’re making a huge career change and need to explain from the get-go why your experience doesn’t match up with the position you’re applying to. On I Can Make! In every other case? Consider whether a summary statement would be right for you —or just nix it altogether to on censorship of music, save space and focus on essay on i can make a difference, making the curious incident of the the nighttime essays, rest of your resume stellar. Can Make A Difference! There are lots of different ways to organize the information on your resume, but the good old reverse chronological (where your most recent experience is listed first) is still your best bet. Unless it’s absolutely necessary in your situation, skip the skills-based resume—hiring managers might wonder what you’re hiding. Thesis On Censorship Of Music! The two- (or more!) page resume is a hotly debated topic , but the bottom line is this—you want the information here to be concise, and essay on i can make, making yourself keep it to one page is a good way to force yourself to do this. If you truly have enough relevant and important experience, training, and credentials to showcase on more than one page of your resume, then go for essay, it.

But if you can tell the same story in less space? Do. If you’re struggling, check out on i, these tips for cutting your content down , or work with a designer to rhetoric essay prompts, see how you can organize your resume to fit more in less space. Can’t figure out how to can make, tell your whole story on scientific, one page, or want to be able to essay on i a difference, include some visual examples of your work? Instead of trying to have your resume cover everything, cover the most important details on that document, and then include a link to your personal website , where you can dive more into what makes you the essay contest, ideal candidate. We’ll talk about getting creative in order to stand out in a minute.

But the most basic principle of can make a difference, good resume formatting and design? Keep it simple. Scientific! Use a basic but modern font, like Helvetica, Arial, or Century Gothic. Make your resume easy on hiring managers’ eyes by essay, using a font size between 10 and 12 and guilt essays, leaving a healthy amount of white space on the page. You can use a different font or typeface for your name, your resume headers, and the companies for which you’ve worked, but keep it simple and keep it consistent. Essay A Difference! Your main focus here should be on readability for the hiring manager. That being said, you should feel free to… Really want your resume stand out from the sea of Times New Roman? Yes, creative resumes—like infographics, videos, or presentations—or resumes with icons or graphics can set you apart, but you should use them thoughtfully. If you’re applying through an ATS, keep to the standard formatting without any bells and whistles so the computer can read it effectively. If you’re applying to a more traditional company, don’t get too crazy, but feel free to add some tasteful design elements or a little color to make it pop.

No matter what, don’t do it unless you’re willing to put in white, the time, creativity, and design work to make it awesome. 10. Make Your Contact Info Prominent. You don’t need to include your address on your resume anymore (really!), but you do need to make sure to on i, include a phone number and rhetoric essay prompts, professional email address (not your work address!) as well as other places the hiring manager can find you on the web, like your LinkedIn profile and Twitter handle. (Implicit in this is that you keep these social media profiles suitable for prospective employers.) You’ve heard before that hiring managers don’t spend a lot of time on each individual resume. So help them get as much information as possible, in as little time as possible. These 12 small formatting changes will make a huge difference. Know that design skills aren’t your strong suit but want your resume to on i can make, look stunning? There’s no shame in getting help, so consider working with a professional resume designer. This is the american society arguably the most important document of your job search, so it’s worth getting it exactly right! 13. Keep it Recent, Keep it Relevant.

As a rule, you should only show the essay on i can make, most recent 10-15 years of your career history and guilt, only include the experience relevant to the positions to which you are applying. And remember to allocate real estate on essay can make, your resume according to importance. If there’s a choice between including one more college internship or going into more detail about your current role, always choose the the american society, latter (unless a previous job was more relevant to on i can make, the one you’re applying to). Pro Life Contest! 14. No Relevant Experience? No Worries!

Don’t panic if you don’t have any experience that fits the bill. Essay On I! Instead, Zhang explains , focus your resume on your relevant and transferrable skills along with any related side or academic projects, and then make sure to pair it with a strong cover letter telling the narrative of why you’re ideal for the job. Rhetoric Prompts! No matter how long you’ve been in a job, or how much you’ve accomplished there, you shouldn’t have more than five or six bullets in a given section. No matter how good your bullets are, the recruiter just isn’t going to a difference, get through them. Check out these tips for white, writing impressive bullet points . On I Can Make! You may be tempted to throw in tons of industry jargon so you sound like you know what you’re talking about, but ultimately you want your resume to be understandable to the average person. Remember that the first person who sees your resume might be a recruiter, an assistant, or even a high-level executive—and you want to be sure that it is readable, relevant, and interesting to all of them. Use as many facts, figures, and numbers as you can in your bullet points. Scientific! How many people were impacted by your work? By what percentage did you exceed your goals?

By quantifying your accomplishments, you really allow the hiring manager to picture the level of work or responsibility you needed to can make a difference, achieve them. Even if you don’t actually work with numbers, here are some secrets to adding more to your resume . Of Music! People hire performers, so you want to show that you didn’t just do stuff, but that you got stuff done! As you look at essay can make your bullet points, think about how you can take each statement one step further and add in summer, what the benefit was to your boss or your company. By doing this, you clearly communicate not only essay, what you’re capable of, but also the direct benefit the employer will receive by hiring you. If you’re not sure how to explain your impact, check out these tips for rhetoric prompts, turning your duties into accomplishments . On I A Difference! Describing soft skills on a resume often starts to sound like a list of meaningless buzzwords, fast. Summer Essay! But being a “strong leader” or an “effective communicator” are important characteristics you want to get across. Think about how you can demonstrate these attributes in your bullet points without actually saying them. Zhang demonstrates here how you can show five different qualities with the same bullet point—try it yourself until you get the result you’re going for! 20. Essay Can Make! Don’t Neglect Non-Traditional Work.

There’s no law that says you can only put full-time or paid work on your resume. So, if you’ve participated in a major volunteer role, worked part-time, were hired as a temporary or contract worker , freelanced, or blogged? Absolutely list these things as their own “jobs” within your career chronology. If every bullet in your resume starts with “Responsible for,” readers will get bored very quickly. Use our handy list of better verbs to mix it up ! Use keywords in your resume: Scan the rhetoric prompts, job description, see what words are used most often, and make sure you’ve included them in your bullet points. Not only is this a self-check that you’re targeting your resume to the job, it’ll make sure you get noticed in applicant tracking systems. Stuck on which words to include? Dump the job description into a tool like TagCrowd , which will analyze and spit out the most used keywords.

What words shouldn’t you include? Detail-oriented, team player, and can make a difference, hard worker—among other vague terms that recruiters say are chronically overused . We bet there’s a better way to describe how awesome you are. 24. Experience First, Education Second. Unless you’re a recent graduate, put your education after your experience. Chances are, your last couple of jobs are more important and essay, relevant to you getting the job than where you went to on i can make a difference, college. 25. Also Keep it Reverse Chronological. Usually, you should lay down your educational background by essays, listing the most recent or advanced degree first, working in reverse chronological order.

But if older coursework is more specific to the job, list that first to essay can make, grab the thesis of music, reviewer’s attention. On I A Difference! Don’t list your graduation dates. The reviewer cares more about whether or not you have the about the american society, degree than when you earned it. If you graduated from college with high honors, absolutely make note of on i can make a difference, it. While you don’t need to guilt essays, list your GPA, don’t be afraid to showcase that summa cum laude status or the fact that you were in the honors college at on i a difference your university. Incident Of The Dog In The Nighttime Questions! 28. Include Continuing or Online Education. Don’t be afraid to include continuing education, professional development coursework, or online courses in your education section, especially if it feels a little light. Kelli Orrela explains , “Online courses are a more-than-accepted norm nowadays, and your participation in them can actually show your determination and motivation to get the skills you need for your career.” Be sure to add a section that lists out essay on i a difference, all the relevant skills you have for a position, including tech skills like HTML and curious dog in essays, Adobe Creative Suite and any industry-related certifications.

Just make sure to skip including skills that everyone is essay on i can make a difference expected to have, like using email or Microsoft Word. Doing so will actually make you seem less technologically savvy. If you have lots of skills related to a position—say, foreign language, software, and leadership skills—try breaking out one of white, those sections and listing it on its own. Below your “Skills” section, add another section titled “Language Skills” or “Software Skills,” and detail your experience there. Again—we’re going for skimmability here, folks! Feel free to include an “Interests” section on your resume, but only add those that are relevant to on i can make, the job. Are you a guitar player with your eye on a music company? Definitely include it. But including your scrapbooking hobby for a tech job at a healthcare company? Don’t even think about it. 32.

Beware of Interests That Could Be Controversial. Essays About Society! Maybe you help raise money for your church on the reg. Essay A Difference! Or perhaps you have a penchant for rhetoric prompts, canvassing during political campaigns. Yes, these experiences show a good amount of work ethic—but they could also be discriminated against by someone who disagrees with the cause. Zhang explains here how to weigh the decision of whether to include them or not. Do include awards and accolades you’ve received, even if they’re company-specific awards. Just state what you earned them for, e.g., “Earned Gold Award for on i a difference, having the on censorship of music, company’s top sales record four quarters in on i can make a difference, a row.” What about personal achievements—like running a marathon—that aren’t totally relevant but show you’re a driven, hard worker? Zhang shares the proper ways to include them. Gaps and incident of the the nighttime, Other Sticky Resume Situations. If you stayed at a (non-temporary) job for only a matter of months, consider eliminating it from your resume.

According to The New York Times ’ career coach , leaving a particularly short-lived job or two off your work history shouldn’t hurt, as long as you’re honest about your experience if asked in an interview. If you have gaps of can make a difference, a few months in your work history, don’t list the usual start and end dates for white guilt essays, each position. Use years only (2010-2012), or just the number of years or months you worked at your earlier positions. Essay On I Can Make! If you’ve job-hopped frequently, include a reason for leaving next to each position, with a succinct explanation like “company closed,” “layoff due to rhetoric essay prompts, downsizing,” or “relocated to essay a difference, new city.” By addressing the gaps, you’ll proactively illustrate the reason for your sporadic job movement and make it less of an issue. Re-entering the essay prompts, workforce after a long hiatus? This is the essay on i, perfect opportunity for a summary statement at the top, outlining your best skills and of the dog in the nighttime, accomplishments. Then, get into your career chronology, without hesitating to a difference, include part-time or volunteer work. See more tips from rhetoric Jenny Foss for essay, killing it on your comeback resume.

Don’t try to creatively fill in gaps on scientific summer, your resume. For example, if you took time out of the workforce to raise kids, don’t list your parenting experience on your resume, a la “adeptly managed the growing pile of laundry” (we’ve seen it). While parenting is as demanding and intense a job as any out there, most corporate decision makers aren’t going to take this section of essay a difference, your resume seriously. 39. Ditch “References Available Upon Request” If a hiring manager is interested in essays society, you, he or she will ask you for essay on i can make, references—and will assume that you have them. There’s no need to address the obvious (and doing so might even make you look a little presumptuous!). Curious Dog In Questions! It should go without saying, but make sure your resume is free and essay on i, clear of typos.

And don’t rely on scientific essay, spell check and grammar check alone—ask family or friends to take a look at it for you (or get some tips from an editor on on i a difference, how to perfect your own work ). Scientific! If emailing your resume, make sure to on i, always send a PDF rather than a .doc. That way all of your careful formatting won’t accidentally get messed up when the hiring manager opens it on thesis on censorship of music, his or her computer. To make sure it won’t look wonky when you send it off, Google’s head of essay a difference, HR Laszlo Bock suggests, “Look at it in scientific summer, both Google Docs and Word, and then attach it to an email and open it as a preview.” Ready to save your resume and send it off? Save it as “Jane Smith Resume” instead of “Resume.” It’s one less step the hiring manager has to take. Carve out some time every quarter or so to pull up your resume and essay on i, make some updates. Have you taken on new responsibilities? Learned new skills? Add them in. When your resume is rhetoric prompts updated on a regular basis, you’re ready to pounce when opportunity presents itself. And, even if you’re not job searching, there are plenty of essay can make, good reasons to keep this document in tip-top shape.

Photo courtesy of pro life, Hero Images / Getty Images . Erin Greenawald is can make a freelance writer, editor, and content strategist who is passionate about elevating the standard of writing on the web. Erin previously helped build The Muse’s beloved daily publication and led the company’s branded content team. If you’re an individual or company looking for help making your content better—or you just want to go out to tea—get in touch at scientific eringreenawald.com. Hmmm, seems you#39;ve already signed up for on i can make, this class. While you#39;re here, you may as well check out essays the american society, all the amazing companies that are hiring like crazy right now.

Type My Essay Mla Format - St Prize High School Category, "Making a… - Valdosta State University

Australian Essay: Best Essay Writing Service Website - I Will Make a Difference: College Admissions… - Williams College

Can a War of essay Words Become a World of essays about War? Andrew Bacevich and Bill Moyers talk Trump and Kim Jong Un. North Korean leader Kim Jong Un inspecting the Korean People's Army Tank Crews' Competition-2017 at an undisclosed location. Essay On I A Difference? (Photo by STR/AFP/Getty Images) There is no saner, seasoned or sensible voice on American foreign policy today than Andrew Bacevich. He graduated from West Point and served in Vietnam, earned his doctorate in diplomatic history from Princeton University, taught history and international relations at Boston University, and thesis on censorship of music has written several acclaimed books, including the a difference, best-selling Washington Rules: America’s Path to Permanent War and rhetoric essay prompts more recently, America’s War for the Greater Middle East . He contributes essays and articles to a wide variety of publications and essay can make is writer at large for The American Conservative . Bill Moyers: The rhetoric between Donald Trump and Kim Jong Un gets hotter and more belligerent — it’s incendiary and personal. When’s the last time you heard this kind of vitriolic, threatening rhetoric between a US president and a head of another country? Andrew Bacevich: I don’t believe that we’ve ever had a president who has used this kind of of music language. Certainly not in my lifetime.

One of the essay, things that strikes me about President Trump is on censorship of music that his capacity to use the English language is so stunted. He simply has no ability to adapt the language he uses to on i a difference, a particular circumstance. In the past when presidents are out campaigning, they use one kind of language, a different kind of language when they’re speaking to a joint session of rhetoric essay Congress, [and] a different kind of language when they’re meeting with a foreign dignitary. But [with] Trump, it’s all the same. Essay? It’s all crude. It’s all unsophisticated. And with regard to our current standoff with North Korea, it’s that crudeness that makes it so dangerous. Moyers: What’s your take on the rhetoric coming out of North Korea — and in particular from Kim Jong Un and the foreign minister, who seems to have taken Donald Trump literally? Bacevich: It’s not unprecedented. North Korean language over decades has tended to on censorship, be provocative.

That said, previous administrations have tended to discount North Korean language — not to ignore it, but to essay, not take it quite so literally as Trump seems to. That tendency to discount has served us well in the past. Part of the thing we have to keep in mind is — and I expect this is essays about cancer true with regard to North Korea, and I know it’s true with regard to the United States — is that a leader speaks to multiple audiences. Any sophisticated politician appreciates that and tries to frame a statement so that it will be understood and presumably [be] correctly perceived by essay a difference multiple audiences. But these two guys seem to not understand that political requirement. To some degree, I think Trump mostly speaks to himself. He says things in a way that somehow satisfies his own sense of who he imagines himself to be as a leader.

He certainly doesn’t take into account the fact that American allies as well as adversaries are taking in on censorship of music his every word and trying to interpret them. Moyers: Given the nature of a difference his rhetoric, given his known temperament, does North Korea have to worry that Trump just might order an attack for rhetoric prompts, whatever reason? Bacevich: If I were a North Korean who was advising Kim Jong Un — I’d be counseling my boss that we’re dealing with somebody who could easily fly off the handle and make an impulsive decision. Essay? Kim Jong Un might say to me, “Well, why do you think that?” and scientific essay I’d say, well, let’s consider the on i can make, attack on essay, Syria that followed the allegations, probably true allegations, of Syrians using chemical weapons. Essay On I? That was a decision made off the cuff, impulsively, with no particular connection to incident of the, larger policy purposes. A Difference? From a North Korean perspective, I would take that episode quite seriously.

Now, would taking it seriously therefore make the North Koreans more careful, more cautious, or would it be something that would tend to push them closer to the brink themselves? I don’t know. But it seems pretty clear, I think, to most observers that we have a president who makes decisions impulsively, without necessarily having thought through all the various ramifications of saying something or doing something. Moyers: Kim Jong Un must have seen what happened to Saddam Hussein in Iraq and Moammar Gadhafi in Libya. Do you think it’s possible that he believes the US wants to do him in pro life contest as well, and that if Hussein and on i Gadhafi had had some nuclear weapons, they might still be around? Do you think this might cross his mind? Bacevich: Oh, absolutely. The recent language by the Trump administration — they revived the of music, phrase “rogue regime” — seems to recall the kind of language that was much in evidence in the George W. Bush administration after 9/11.

Remember, North Korea was part of the “axis of evil.” After 9/11, if you were on the “axis of evil,” it seemed pretty clear that the United States was going to come after you. Essay Can Make? In that post-9/11 period, Gadhafi in Libya, perhaps taking seriously the possibility that he was going to be somewhere on the hit list, made a point of giving up his nuclear weapons program. From what we know, it wasn’t a very impressive program, but he gave it up and his reward then was to thesis on censorship of music, be attacked and essay can make overthrown by the Obama administration. I’m in the camp that believes we cannot know for essay, certain how the North Koreans think, and we cannot know for certain what their purposes are. But I’m in essay the camp that believes that as vicious, as oppressive as that regime is, nonetheless there is a rational basis for the things that they do, and that Kim Jong Un’s ultimate objective is to maintain his regime, and by extension, to maintain himself. Essays The American Cancer? I also believe that they are likely to appreciate that they are in a position of extraordinary weakness relative to us, relative to almost any other nation in essay on i can make the world. Weak economically, weak militarily, weak in terms of their capacity to innovate, to adjust, to improve their situation.

And it makes sense from curious incident of the, that perspective to see nuclear weapons, particularly nuclear weapons along with some kind of a long-range ballistic missile capability as a lifeline. I think that that’s their purpose, to be seen to be developing this capability in order to try to keep us at arm’s length and to keep China as their only serious ally. Moyers: We don’t have many historians of North Korea, but one of them, Cheehyung Harrison Kim, teaches the essay on i a difference, history of Korea at the University of Hawaii. He says, and I’m quoting him: “The nuclear threat as a real war is not real. North Korea is essays the american society using the nuclear weapons to stand up to the US and South Korea, and to send a message to the world that it will bend to no one. North Korea sees nuclear weapons as one definitive way to gain international attention and be heard, and it sees nuclear energy as a solution to on i a difference, its energy problem.” Make any sense to you? Bacevich: It makes great sense to on censorship of music, me. I would add this: Without claiming any great knowledge of the essay on i a difference, North Korean domestic situation, from Kim Jong Un’s point of view, such posturing could be useful in maintaining discipline in North Korean society. It would be a way of trying to summer, rally national cohesion and keep at bay any internal adversaries that Kim Jong Un might worry about.

And any dictator of essay on i can make a difference his type is going to be constantly weary of the curious of the dog in essays questions, possibility of internal opposition. Moyers: I heard on television a former military officer saying he thinks that if Kim Jong Un appeared to be going soft, his own military might seek to depose him. Does that make sense to you from what you know about the Korean military? Bacevich: I don’t know much about them myself, but it makes a lot of sense. I think this is standard behavior by autocratic regimes, to try to maintain domestic cohesion by claiming that the outside world consists entirely of enemies.

Moyers: As dreadful as it is to even ask it, what might lead either Trump or Kim Jong Un over the tipping point — to can make, start a war? Bacevich: If one side takes the other side’s rhetoric as literally true. If on either side, the central figures get up in the morning and say, “We believe that the other side is going to attack within the next 24 hours,” that can then lead to a decision, “Well, I guess then we should pre-empt.” I think that’s the guilt essays, great danger. Meaning not so much war by calculation, but war by on i miscalculation and misunderstanding. Moyers: Can we know if Trump understands that a US nuclear strike against North Korea would cause huge destruction to China, Japan, Russia — probably lead to a worldwide nuclear winter? Surely even the most uninformed 70-year-old man or woman in our society today knows that about a nuclear strike. Bacevich: I doubt if he knew that much about the secondary impact of using nuclear weapons when he was running for summer essay, the presidency. You have to think that at this point, people like Gen. A Difference? McMaster and Gen. Kelly and Gen. Mattis would have had some opportunity on a face-to-face basis to say, “Mr.

President, here is what we think would occur were there to be an curious dog in essays, actual use of nuclear weapons.” You have to think somebody has spoken to him. But with this president, you don’t know what sinks in. Just look at his use of rhetoric — “fire and fury like the essay on i can make, world has never seen.” That language is so over the top that it seemed to suggest that at that moment, either he didn’t have any understanding of what the use of nuclear weapons would produce or simply didn’t care. I think that’s why so many of us were taken aback by that kind of rhetoric prompts language. On I? And the pro life essay, way you asked the question, does he understand — even if it is possible to make an argument that a fairly precise nuclear attack could eliminate the regime in Pyongyang — does he have any understanding of the secondary implications? Does he understand that we would have once more taken the nuclear genie out of the bottle and reintroduced it as an actual instrument of international politics? Does he have any understanding of the can make, effects on neighboring countries — including our ally South Korea, and incident of the dog in the nighttime essays questions China, which is somewhere between trading partner and adversary, but certainly a country of enormous importance to essay on i can make, our own well-being and to the well-being of the world?

You don’t get a sense that he’s able to think through the subsequent effects and that’s disturbing. I have to believe that his advisers are trying to educate him on these matters. Essays? But he doesn’t seem to be terribly educable. Moyers: You mentioned three of the military men who are advising him. You are an experienced military officer in your own right. What kind of burden does this put on them?

Bacevich: I think I’ve met Mattis once. I’ve met McMaster once. On I? I don’t believe I’ve ever met Gen. Kelly. I do not know any of them well.

All three of them are highly regarded in military circles, I think more broadly in contest national security circles. I don’t think any of them are fools. A Difference? But that said, their entire professional life has been within the contest, military milieu. They have been brought up to think in terms of essay on i a difference hard power. That doesn’t mean they’re warmongers. Incident Dog In The Nighttime Questions? I’m quite certain that none of the three is a warmonger.

But I tend to essay on i a difference, think that because of guilt essays their upbringing and professional experience, there’s not a lot of creativity and imagination there. And that’s one of the things that troubles me about the way Trump has chosen to surround himself with military figures. Of course, our secretary of state is on i can make not a military figure, but he doesn’t seem to wield all that much influence, doesn’t seem to essays, be particularly energetic. On I? And so almost by default, it appears the military figures are the pro life contest, ones that would seem to exercise the greatest influence over the president. Moyers: Think on this for a moment. The historian, Professor Kim, whom I quoted earlier, says this: “These threats are products of a war of words. Essay On I Can Make A Difference? As we all know this rhetoric well, it’s a battle of language.

And the incident of the dog in the nighttime questions, fight with words does matter. This is how governments gauge each other and essay how militaries create plans and prepare to respond. Militaries all over the world live for moments like this. They need such battles of words because this is what makes militaries move and essays about the american how militaries justify themselves. This is on i can make no different in the US and North Korea. The militaries of the two countries are relatively enormous and their economies involve millions of people.

The military industrial complex in the US needs constant threats from the North Koreans to do what it does and essay prepare for the future. I don’t like it, but militaries and their economies depend on this war of rhetoric.” What do you think of that? Bacevich: I think that’s overstated. But it’s not entirely incorrect. What the military industrial complex requires and what military institutions tend to favor is essay a world in which the potential for conflict is always present and in which there are national security threats for essays about the american society, which maintaining military power offers the only plausible response. But neither the on i, military industrial complex nor the military requires constant war scares. What’s required is the perception of danger, the possibility of threat, which makes it possible then to argue that maintaining military forces, a budget of this size, a pattern of deployments is the answer. And with that, they can maintain the sort of arrangements that, sadly, we Americans have come to simply take for granted over the past several decades. Bacevich: Well it’s a pattern — it’s a set of arrangements that says we need to spend more on our military than the next eight or 10 countries put together. It says that we need to maintain our military globally deployed in rhetoric prompts several continents. It’s says that we need to be engaged in this so-called war on terrorism that has been going on essay on i, now for 16 years without any success in sight.

All of that together becomes a set of arrangements that become immune to criticism. I was struck, I think it was just about a week ago, that Congress passed a new $700 billion defense budget. It was more money than Trump himself asked for, with minimal debate and almost no coverage in the news. It’s just one of those things we do every year, pass this massive military budget. Moyers: It seems to have been normalized. It doesn’t create much reaction. Bacevich: Our basic national security posture — massive spending, global deployments — has become normal. Worse, the actual engagement in hostilities has become normal. I’m referring here to Afghanistan and Iraq and Somalia, large parts of Africa — just in the past week we had another airstrike in Libya.

That’s normal as well. Moyers: Little attention is scientific essay paid to it by essay the press or by the public, right? Bacevich: Why don’t we pay attention to the fact that we’re permanently at war? Well, at the present moment, US casualties are down because we’ve learned to essays cancer, use contractors and proxies and rely on airpower. Essay A Difference? The amount of money that we are spending, and I think wasting, gets little attention. I recall a speech by President Eisenhower — I think it was in summer 1953 or 1954, when he was making the point about on i can make, opportunity costs. Prompts? He said in effect, every dollar we spend on our military means one less dollar that goes to education, that goes to health care, that goes to other things that the country needs. There’s no awareness of opportunity costs today with regard to our military spending. The only essay on i can make a difference time we notice what’s going on is when we do have some sort of essay prompts a war scare such as we’re having right now with North Korea. Essay On I A Difference? Apart from that, we just take our national security policies for granted. Thesis On Censorship Of Music? There’s no accountability.

There’s no scrutiny. On I? There’s no serious debate. Incident Questions? I think it’s one more indicator of how bankrupt our politics have become. These are things that aren’t even considered worth discussing. Moyers: Let me go back to essay on i, North Korea and the US for a moment. Filtering through the smoke of rhetorical fire and pro life contest fury, can we see specifically what North Korea wants? Someone suggested that it’s for us to reduce the joint exercises we carry on with South Korea, which of course Kim Jong Un sees as threatening, perhaps even a rehearsal for invasion. And that if that’s the case, it’s not impossible to reach some kind of — if not resolution, some kind of arrangement that we can all live with. Is that romantic to think that? Bacevich: I don’t think so. I would not want to romanticize the relationship between North and South Korea, between North Korea and the United States.

But the fact is we’ve maintained the status quo on essay on i can make a difference, the Korean Peninsula without war since 1953. It seems to me from the point of pro life essay contest view of the United States, and I suspect of South Korea and Japan and essay can make probably China as well, that’s what we want, to maintain the essays the american society, status quo. On I Can Make A Difference? The fact that we’ve been able to do that since 1953 suggests to me that it should be possible to continue to do that. If you set aside the irresponsible rhetoric, I don’t see that there are any facts that would render the status quo of the past several decades obsolete. Moyers: The US wants North Korea to halt its nuclear program. In realpolitik, is that likely that we could persuade them or convince them to do so? We’ve already offered them money for rhetoric essay prompts, disarmament and on i can make they rejected that. Essay Prompts? So is on i can make this wishful thinking on the US’ part?

Bacevich: I suspect it’s wishful thinking and I don’t know if it’s necessary thinking. Again, my view is based on the conviction that at the end of the day the North Korean regime is rational and aims above all to preserve itself. And if that assumption is correct — and I have to thesis on censorship of music, emphasize it’s an essay on i can make, assumption — then they should be deterrable. Now in that context, the essay contest, ongoing situation with regard to United States and Iran is not irrelevant. When the Obama administration succeeded in can make negotiating the Iran nuclear deal, that was with an expectation on the part of Iran that suspending their effort or reducing it in scale, would provide benefits to Iran. To the extent that the Trump administration is now making all kinds of noises about wishing to curious incident questions, pull out of that deal or somehow overturn it, that would suggest to the North Koreans that making any kind of agreement with regard to nuclear weapons is something the Americans might change their minds about, and therefore that becomes an obstacle to any sort of negotiations.

Moyers: It also strikes me, however, that whereas Iran agreed for a difference, certain concessions in exchange for putting its nuclear program aside, we can’t expect any pause in testing with North Korea until Kim Jong Un is certain that he has a nuclear weapon that could be loaded on a long-range missile. What does that do to the equation, that they’re going to do nothing until they can lock and load that nuclear weapon? Bacevich: You may be right. I don’t want them to have any kind of effective nuclear weapons capability. But absent military action to prevent them from continuing their missile development program — and I think preventative military action on incident dog in the nighttime, our part would be foolhardy in the extreme — they’re probably going to develop a missile and a warhead that can be married together and be used. And that’s when a thoughtful deterrent posture will become tremendously important.

If we go back to the early stages of the Cold War, of course, we for essay on i, a time had a nuclear monopoly. White Guilt Essays? The Soviets tested their first bomb in on i a difference August of 1949. There were those in American political circles and I believe in American military circles who said at the time that we needed to about society, attack the Soviets while we still had a very significant nuclear advantage. Cooler heads prevailed. We adopted a posture of deterrents vis-a-vis the Soviet Union, and on i can make that worked. I mean, we came damn close in October of 1962, but nonetheless, a posture of deterrents was successful in pro life essay preventing nuclear war between the United States and the Soviet Union. Essay? I don’t believe that that success should be discounted as we think about essay, how to deal with the North Korean nuclear threat. Moyers: Agreed. It’s possible to describe a foreign government as an on i a difference, evil empire and still come to terms with it on a peaceful basis.

Ronald Reagan showed us that with Mikhail Gorbachev. Bacevich: Yes he did. He absolutely did. Moyers: So what do you hope for? What should be our objective? Bacevich: Well, in the near term, I think our aim is to try to maintain stability in the region, meet our commitments to white, our allies, especially South Korea and Japan, and avoid war — particularly avoid any war that involves the use of on i can make nuclear weapons whether by them or by rhetoric prompts us. And so to my mind, we need to ratchet down the essay on i a difference, rhetoric. We need to put in place the basis of a strategy of essay contest deterrents that accepts the fact that the on i a difference, North Koreans are going to have a nuclear capability.

Then I think we need to look beyond the North Korean problem to white essays, appreciate that the Korean crisis is happening in a broader regional context. Essay On I? That context is incident of the dog in the nighttime essays questions that the regional distribution of power that existed as a result of World War II in which the United States enjoyed clear-cut primacy — that’s ended. There is an urgent need looking beyond Korea to find some way to accommodate China as a great power. Essay On I? There needs to be some kind of a power sharing or balance of power or mutual accommodation that allows the United States, China, Japan, South Korea and essays about the american society others to mutually coexist. I wouldn’t for a second suggest that this is something that can be done in a week and a half, but I think if we can sort that out then in a sense the North Korean issue will almost take care of on i a difference itself. But the overarching question of how to prompts, accommodate China as a great power seems to be to be actually of essay on i can make a difference greater importance than any threat posed by North Korea today or in the near term. Moyers: Which brings us full circle. Do you see anything in Donald Trump’s behavior or temperament that makes you think he can envision such a grand bargain and has the patience and skill to help bring it about? Bacevich: No, sadly, none at all.

Nor do I see any indication that his military advisers have the imagination to conceive of a post–Cold War world in which the essays about the american cancer society, United States is no longer the great global hegemon. Essay Can Make? I think that’s the world that we have already entered into and we need to accept that, acknowledge that. The foreign policy discussion these days is just so impoverished, so repetitive, so trapped in rhetoric essay prompts a vocabulary — “the indispensable nation, global leadership” — that is at odds with our reality. And sadly, we’ve got a president who I think is essay on i can make a difference completely out of touch. Of Music? I suppose we had a president once who had a different temperament.

When Harry Truman became president [1945] he was not prepared for the office and essay can make a difference probably had a fairly limited understanding of the intricacies of statecraft, but he proved to be a pretty quick learner. He also proved to be somebody who was coachable. Truman listened to what [Secretary of Defense] George C. Marshall had to say, listened to what [Secretary of State] Dean Atchison had to say. That may have been one of essays about Harry Truman’s greatest virtues. Again, sadly, this guy Trump just doesn’t seem to have the right temperament or inclination to be educated. Moyers: What about the national media and its role in educating public opinion? Bacevich: I think there is on i can make a difference a hysteria about scientific, Trump. Bacevich: Yes, it’s not helpful. I mean, just in on i can make the last 48, 72 hours, as the thesis on censorship of music, news has been dominated by Donald Trump’s confrontation with the National Football League — and put me down, by the way, as being supportive of the players who take a knee. The obsession with Trump and everything that he says and everything that he does gets in essay on i can make the way of pro life sober reporting about issues like the essay on i can make a difference, Korea crisis.

To put it more bluntly, I think the media is guilty in scientific essay this case of helping to promote the idea of imminent war in on i ways that are not helpful.