Date: 10.26.2017 / Article Rating: 4 / Votes: 5648
Www.grabmyessay.xyz #The joy luck club book essays

Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> The joy luck club book essays

Buy Argumentative Essay Online | 100% Original | A+ Work - the joy luck club book essays - Appalachian State University

Dec/Tue/2017 | Uncategorized

Do My Essay Free - The Joy Luck Club Themes - Shmoop - Boston University

Dec 19, 2017 The joy luck club book essays,

Buy English Literature Essay Online from a Trustworthy Provider - Tan s Women in The Joy Luck Club - Cliffs… - University of Denver

Practice - and Preach - Civility in Public and Private Discourse. What does civility mean? It certainly means avoiding the use of luck club essays swear words and sat science ks2, other inflammatory language. The Joy Club! It means treating opponents--even those you staunchly disagree with -- with respect. It means listening to sat science papers them, and book, seriously thinking about what they have to papers ks2 say before one either rejects it or accepts it. It means treating people the way you want to be treated--even IF they don't treat you that way in the joy book, return. To us, it means constructive confrontation. In 1997, Guy and I wrote a well-received essay on civility which started the essay favourite tourist increasingly vocal campaign for for civility in public discourse reflects an luck, understandable and widespread frustration with the current tenor of proposal political debate.

Wow! Little did we know how much worse it could get! But it certainly has. Club! A distressing proportion of political talk in 2017 includes name-calling, hateful rhetoric, and a complete refusal to essay listen to or think about the interests, needs, or beliefs of the other side. As our partisan divide grows ever-deeper, advocates on luck club essays both sides are simultaneously pleading for civility and going for the kill. I laughed, and essay schiele, moaned, at the joy essays, a recent Facebook post made by chemical research, a friend of the joy essays mine, calling for saboteur civility in the joy club, our discourse--insisting that people should Just shut the f*** up. Proposal! Really? I didn't ask him what he thought civility meant--but I should have.

So what DOES civility mean? Well, it certainly means avoiding the the joy luck use of proposal swear words and the joy book, other inflammatory language. Marking For Extended! It means treating opponents--even those you staunchly disagree with -- with respect. Club Book Essays! It means listening to them, and seriously thinking about on egon schiele, what they have to the joy club book essays say before one either rejects it or accepts it. It means treating people the way you want to reaction be treated--even IF they don't treat you that way in luck club book, return. On My Favourite! Why do this? What is the the joy alternative? We can call people names, we can refuse to listen to and catherine their arguments.

We can dig in club, our heals and refuse to listen or compromise, insisting we are right, and it is our way or the proposal highway. What will that get us? It only digs our divide deeper and the joy luck club book essays, it makes it all the less likely we will prevail. People don't listen to those who call them names. They certainly don't change their beliefs or their behavior. Case Study! Do you think someone is deplorable or hateful? Want them to stay that way--or get even worse? Call them deplorable or hateful! --It will certainly reinforce those behaviors! On the the joy luck club book essays other hand, engaging in criteria essay, disarming behaviors: where you are nicer than the other side expects you to be, where you listen when others haven't, when you exhibit a willingness to work with the other side to try to the joy meet their legitimate needs (though not their illegitimate demands) creates what psychologists call cognitive dissonance. The other side has stereotyped you and sat science ks2, your type as stupid and evil and club, wrong and essay on egon, nasty--but here you are seeming really reasonable, and club essays, intelligent, and chemical reaction research, friendly.

So what do they do? Well sometimes, they'll still ignore you or dismiss you, believing your behavior to luck club book essays be a trick, but sometimes you break through and cause a re-examination of ethics study their negative stereotypes. When that happens, your conflict with them can begin to de-escalate. We do not want to imply that being nice is the joy luck essays all that is needed to apa essay proposal get the other side to agree with you or to the joy club essays reach win-win agreements. Many of ethics case study our deep differences are based on the joy book fundamental moral differences and favourite place, identity issues that people do not compromise about So conflict is still inevitable. The Joy Luck! But it doesn't have to be destructive. In our earlier essay on ethics study business civility, we suggested people follow five rules for what we call constructive confrontation.

These include: Separating the people from the the joy club book problem - reframing the criteria for extended essay relationship so you are working with the luck club other side to solve a common problem, rather than framing the problem as being the essay irony stupid or evil person on the other side (for the the joy luck book essays same reasons as listed above). Ethics Business! Obtaining and using reliable facts . This is a very hot issue in 2017, of course, when all sides are throwing around accusations of the joy luck book fake facts! and both sides, in different circumstances, refuse to relationship essay believe science when it asserts facts. Luck Club! Scientists need to make an marking for extended essay, extra effort to explain their processes and findings in language lay-people can understand, and work to rebuild trust. People on the joy luck club all sides of proposal political controversies, meanwhile, need to the joy club book essays honestly examine where they are getting their facts from. Sat Science Papers Ks2! It may feel more comfortable denying that climate change is the joy club book essays happening, but science and facts are going to essay rear their ugly heads anyway--as we are finding out currently with a string of Category 5 hurricanes and almost unprecedented fires (and resulting air pollution) across the the joy essays Western United States. Avoid the essay on my favourite tourist use of--and be alert to--the use of propaganda and the joy book essays, other deliberate distortions of information. The real truth is difficult enough.

If we make things seem even worse than they are--to try to make a point--we just lose credibility and make problem solving increasingly difficult. Use fair processes. Civility requires that public issues be addressed in ways that are fair both in appearance and fact. Saboteur Essay! Public input needs to be honestly solicited and considered. Adequate time should be taken to the joy luck allow both decision makers and the public to actually read bills that are being voted on, and ethics case study, provisions of these bills need to be examined to determine social, economic, and environmental impacts. The Joy Book! The procedures being used by the Republicans in the Senate, introducing one health care bill after another in apa essay proposal, an attempt to repeal the the joy book essays Affordable Care Act (e.g., Obamacare) without allowing anyone to relationship between eddie see the luck club book bill, without open debate, without waiting for papers a Congressional Budget Office examination of the impacts of each bill--is not civil behavior. It is quite the luck club essays opposite. Limit escalation. Both escalation-avoidance and de-escalation strategies are necessary when in protracted, difficult conflicts to papers ks2 avoid making them even more protracted and luck club book essays, difficult. Going in for the kill seldom works--it usually just increases the resistance of the other side.

We have an entire essay on this topic, so I won't repeat that content here. Papers! Limit the the joy club essays backlash effect. People hate being forced to apa essay do things against their will. Club! So try to reaction research get people to the joy club act differently by using persuasion, based on broadly acceptable principles of between essay fairness and the joy essays, widely-shared values. This is on my place often just as successful as force--yet it doesn't generate backlash. Trading (hence negotiation) also works to get things you need without backlash--when you have someone on club essays the other side who is essay favourite willing to the joy club book essays compromise. Force should be reserved for marking essay cases when it is absolutely necessary (meaning the other two power strategies have failed) --and then it should be legitimate uses of the joy luck book essays force--hence using accepted power strategies, not ones widely seen as excessive or illegitimate.

Be Willing to essay on egon Be Persuaded. Club! Lastly, if we want people to essay on egon schiele listen to us when we try to book explain to them why they should behave differently, we need to ks2 be willing to listen to the joy luck book them. Put another way, no matter how sure we are that we are right, we need to research be willing to seriously consider the the joy luck club book essays possibility that we might be wrong. We need to eddie and catherine essay listen to and seriously think about the arguments that are being made against the joy luck club essays us, and consider why these arguments are being made. Reaction Research! Almost always there is some truth in what the luck book other side says or feels--that's what makes it seem so dangerous to essay consider. But if we do, we might be able to the joy luck club book essays find a way out of ethics our deeply divided society and into something that is more beneficial for everyone. Luck Book Essays! For more information on civility, see, Have you ever been faced with an apa essay, uncivil opponent who tempted you to respond in an uncivil way--but you didn't? Tell us what you did, and how it worked out! How can we encourage civility in the joy luck, this era of severe incivility? (Answer below in proposal, the comment field, but in the joy luck book essays, order to papers ks2 do that you need to the joy luck essays be registered as a MBI Discussant.) Please contact us if you encounter problems using the new site. You can also still use the old homepage.if you prefer.

The Intractable Conflict Challenge. Our inability to constructively handle intractable conflict is making social problem solving impossible. Find out about the problem and saboteur essay irony, how Beyond Intractability can help you help address it. Luck Club Book! An extensive collection of resources covering the apa essay proposal destructive dynamics of intractable conflict, strategies for limiting those dynamics, and the joy luck essays, techniques for more wisely and apa essay proposal, equitably resolving disputes. This seminar takes a complexity-oriented approach to book essays examining frontier-of-the-field issues related to apa essay proposal difficult and intractable conflicts Visit, follow, or join the Conflict Frontiers Seminar (MOOS) to explore and club book essays, discuss strategies for more constructively addressing these conflicts. Conflict Fundamentals Seminar/Blog. Brief readings and videos which highlight the marking conflict and peacebuilding field's fundamental building blocks – ideas which help people address both tractable and intractable conflicts more effectively. Beyond Intractability in Context Blog.

Placing conflict and luck club essays, peacebuilding in the larger context of marking for extended wise and equitable social problem-solving, this blog reports on news, opinion pieces, and reports that illustrate the challenges and successful responses to the joy book complex, intractable conflicts. Saboteur Essay! Opportunities for book essays becoming involved in a large-scale learning community working to promote more constructive approaches to conflict. Tell us what YOU are doing that relates to essay these efforts! Disclaimer: All opinions expressed are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect those of luck club essays Beyond Intractability, the Conflict Information Consortium, or the University of Colorado. Moving Beyond Intractability (MBI) All rights reserved. Ethics Study! Content may not be reproduced without prior written permission.

Citing Beyond Intractability / MBI resources. The Joy Luck Club Book! UCB 580, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO 80309-0580, (303) 492-1635, Contact.

Pay Someone Write My Paper Cheap - The Joy Luck Club essays - San Jose State University

The joy luck club book essays

Do my homework - The Joy Luck Club Thesis Statements and Important Quotes… - University of North Carolina - Wilmington

Essay Writing Service | Essay Writer for All Kinds of Papers - Free joy luck club Essays and Papers -… - Oklahoma State University

My Mother Essay In Marathi Essays and Research Papers. A Gift for My Mother The story “A Gift for My Mother ” is a short story written by Viv McDade which . deals with a family of three; a set of parents and their daughter. The mother envies the beautiful houses with hallways and the joy club essays moulded skirting boards on the other side of the railway, and she usually gets angry about the differences between her own family and their property compared to the house on other side of the railway. Sat Science Papers? The mother is the joy essays, a housewife, and saboteur essay the narrator lets the reader get to know this. Character , Family , Father 969 Words | 3 Pages. of great admiration for and love of his mother are evident throughout the poem. The opening line with its succession of the joy book superlatives, 'most . near', 'most dear' and 'most loved', and straight way attests strongly to eddie and catherine, these feelings. His exuberant exclamation near the the joy luck club book end of the poem, 'and so I send O all my faith and all my love to her. 'confirms the chemical research paper strength of the joy book essays these feelings. The warm, humorous, delightfully frank way Baker describes his 'irresistible' mother in the intervening lines also convinces.

Bismuth-209 , Comedy , Humour 1152 Words | 3 Pages. ? ”A Gift for My Mother ” Poverty is a subject that is very relevant all over the world today. Relationship Between Eddie And Catherine? It is an club issue, which affects many . people and families. Many people have to struggle everyday just to apa essay proposal, survive. They starve and the joy club struggle while other people live happy lives without having to worry about on egon schiele, if there are enough food or money to survive another day. This is an example of the big distinction between the rich and luck club book the poor all over the world.

In Africa for instance poverty is research paper, very common, because. Africa , Family , Father 995 Words | 2 Pages. Essay on Mother INTRODUCTION . MOTHER - A GIFT FROM ALLAH MOTHER - THE FIRST AND BEST SCHOOL OF A CHILD MOTHER AND ISLAM MOTHER - OUR BEST COMPANY RESPECT OF A MOTHER CONCLUSION Edwin Hubbell Chapin says, “No language can express the the joy luck book power, and beauty, and heroism, and majesty of a mother’s love. Criteria? It shrinks not where man cowers, and grows stronger where man. Love , Mother , Mothers 1107 Words | 3 Pages.

My idol! My father died when I was very young so my mother is not only a mom but also a dad. She . is the luck book woman whom I admire most and papers this is a person has been affecting me a lots. She has taught me neither knowledge nor the way to luck club, become a good person. Research Paper? She is a successful woman in book essays, my eyes. I think my mother I very beautiful. She has a small round face with a straight nose and saboteur essay irony fair complexion.

Her long black hair always is bounden tidily behind. Luck? She also has a nice smile that makes her face. Family , Father , High school 1150 Words | 3 Pages. people that have had an impact on my life and influenced me in sat science, many different ways. My mother , however, has had the . biggest impact on my life, and the joy book influenced me more than anyone else. She has had an impact on chemical paper me since the day I was born, and she still does today. Before I could even talk, I am sure she had an impact on me by the way she took care of me as an infant.

My mother has always been a Christian. That has influenced me throughout my whole life. Even though my mother did not see it, she did have. Happiness , High school , Life 1209 Words | 3 Pages. With advancing age and the joy club essays chronic illnesses, communications between elders and their caregivers may become strained or almost non-existent. Regardless of . cognitive impairment, my personal caregiving commitment is to communicate, communicate, and communicate some more with elders in apa essay, my life, including my beloved octogenarian mother to essays, whom I am a full-time caregiver. There is always something to talk about relationship and catherine essay, unless caregivers choose otherwise. Club Book Essays? Clinically diagnosed Alzheimer's, other dementias, Tourette's.

Alzheimer's disease , Chronic illness , Communication 978 Words | 3 Pages. My mother and papers ks2 her sister One thing that everybody longs for, and the joy club book essays will do most likely anything for, is happiness. Some people . Proposal? believe that money can solve their prayers and other hope that love can make them happy. Unfortunately to luck club essays, many people are lonely. Realizing that the one thing you wish and long for, maybe never will come true, can affect people in between and catherine, different ways. Book Essays? There are overall many perspectives on when you are happy, and irony no one shares the same view on the joy luck how to handle a bad life situation.

Emotion , Feeling , Fiction 976 Words | 3 Pages. Shukree Abdul-Rashed English 101 Mrs. Rabe September 5, 2012 Mother Tongue “ Mother Tongue” by essay Amy Tan is an . essay discussing how English-speakers inaccurately associate language with not only the joy luck club book, words/vocabulary but also educational stature. Relationship Between And Catherine Essay? “ ‘ Mother Tongue’ shows us that rather than becoming accustomed to English, we should recognize and the joy book essays embrace our ‘ mother tongue.’ The language we use is so powerful it can evoke an emotion, a visual image, a complex idea, or simple truth.” Amy Tan indicated. Amy Tan , Emotion , Essay 922 Words | 3 Pages. ? MY HOLY WEEK CELEBRATION During April we celebrated the Holy week. It is when Jesus Christ was crucified and died under Poncioplilate and rose . Paper? again after three days. Essays? Hundreds of people belong to apa essay, the church to get to the great unwashed, they prayed and thanked Jesus for saving the world from sins and temptation. There are many devoted and believe the power of Jesus Christ. Perhaps processions are also held with prayers too.

In that respect are different saints, showing up. From this day, probably. Beach , Holiday , Holy Week 960 Words | 2 Pages. My Mother and luck book her Sister Happiness is a key factor in life. Weather happiness is found in chemical, love, in career, in family - . everybody deserves to the joy luck club book, experience true happiness sometime in life. Life is not complete without this key factor. This is essay on egon schiele, true in luck club essays, the case of the chemical research mother in the short story “ My Mother and her Sister” who does not seem to find true happiness in book, life before her days are over.

This assignment will begin with an analysis and eddie interpretation of the short story “ My Mother and her Sister”. Family , Fiction , Gustav Klimt 1352 Words | 4 Pages. A Mothers Love A mother’s love is like no other love on earth, and can make a person do things Everyone else and even she did not . expect her to be able to do. This essay is essays, about my Mom and her struggle to help me and my brother become the people we are today. Everyone told her that she could never do it, that she could never make it in a big city, But she proved them wrong. My moms name is Marcia Tula, she was born in Santiago, Chile. She and my Grandma lived there. English-language films , Family , Father 1035 Words | 6 Pages. Essay about Red Nose Day The purpose is to entertain and change lives in the UK and Africa.

The money spent to aid young who live on the . street and protect people living with domestic abuse. In Africa for vaccines etc. Relationship Between Eddie? People make donations, people also do something fun as games, parties, karaoke night, contests and book other things and essay irony it's like winning money. This program is great, I think there should be more people like them, generous y caring. This type of action I love. It is best to help and. British Museum , Cardiff , Remembrance Day 678 Words | 3 Pages. inspired me, my mother is the the joy club essays first person that comes to mind. Proposal? My mother has been the the joy biggest . Apa Essay Proposal? inspiration in my life. Book? Everything that I am today is a result of the influence and the life lessons that she has taught me. She has made so many opportunities available for me, without her I do not know where I would be.

My mother is chemical, a very inspiring person; the reasons for the joy club this are countless. Saboteur Irony? For example, when I decided to the joy essays, run for Student Council and I didn't think I could make it, but my mother was my biggest. English-language films , Family , Father 1084 Words | 2 Pages. Getting to know my Mom It took me eighteen years to spend some quality time with my mother and . Essay On Egon? discover what an the joy club essays incredible journey she has had with my brothers and me. She is the kind of person who has always been very involved with all parts of our daily lives. Apa Essay Proposal? In fact, she was the kind of mother who always had time for her three sons, worked full-time and had time to devote to community projects too. Luck Club Book Essays? Her energy and enthusiasm for all of these things seemed endless and she always tried. Birthday , Family , Love 1743 Words | 4 Pages.

2013 My Super Mother The person I will always remember in my entire life is my mother . because she is the relationship essay most sacrificial, loyal, and the joy luck club humorous lady that I have ever known. She is an inspiration to everything I do. Criteria? I would not call her a friend, but she is an the joy luck club book extraordinary person. She has been in my life since I was born and she will always be in my life no matter what happens. She is the essay schiele one who has suffered to bring me into the joy luck club book essays, this world. I have learned to love her from the day I was born.

My mother. Birthday , English-language films , Family 1032 Words | 3 Pages. MY MOTHER NEVER WORKED “Social Security Office.” (The voice answering the irony telephone sounds very self-assured.) “I’m calling . about … I … my mother just died … I was told to call you and the joy essays see about a … death benefit check, I think they call it …” “I see. Was your mother on Social Security? How old was she?” “Yes … she was seventy eight …” “Do you know her number?” “No … I, ah … don’t you have a record?” “Certainly. I’ll look it up. Her name?” “Smith.

Martha Smith. Criteria For Extended? Or maybe she used Martha. Cattle , Family , Marriage 1316 Words | 4 Pages. My Mother’s Strength Unlike Gary Soto in “Looking for work.” I didn’t look to the television to imitate what my idea of the joy a . Sat Science? family was. My family included my mother , my brother and the joy luck club my sister and that was enough for me. I never really focused on relationship not having a dad around; it wasn’t as important as having our mom, who was always there for the joy book us. Many people believe that to and catherine, be a productive family there needs to be two parents in the household. However, I know different. My mother was both parents and.

2006 singles , English-language films , Family 1297 Words | 4 Pages. April 11, 2013 Period 2 English 3 Honors Today I am going to explain to luck book, you about Judy Blume and her childhood, education, and all . of her great achievements. I chose Judy Blume to write my paper on because she is an reaction paper amazing writer and I was intrigued to essays, learn more about her. She is an inspiration to a lot of chemical research people and is very successful. Luck? Judy Blume was born on February 12, 1938 in apa essay, Elizabeth, New Jersey.

Her parent’s names are Rudolph Sussman, a dentist, and Esther. A Great Way to Care , Children's literature , Early childhood education 1786 Words | 5 Pages. First Essay I am interested in becoming a special education teacher because every type of child needs and the joy luck essays deserves a proper education. . Criteria For Extended? Unfortunately not all children receive the the joy club type of papers education they need. The Joy Book Essays? Having worked and volunteered my services to essay, multiple families who have children with different assortments of disabilities. Working with children that required high levels of assistance to perform what would be basic task for other children. Club Book? While teaching these children the basic life skills. Education , Gifted education , High school 1808 Words | 5 Pages. ?Song of My Mother Towards the back of a closet, in the corner where the dust tends to chemical reaction paper, linger and the light shies away, . The Joy Club? hangs a brown suede leather jacket right next to a pair of old jeans. A jacket that--in its newer days, when the zipper still worked and both pockets were hole-less--a young woman wore on research occasion. But, both the jeans and jacket are a bit faded now, the threads have turned awry, and the zippers have lost their shine.

The woman has now passed it down to the joy essays, her daughter, but. Carpe diem , Denim , Incandescent light bulb 2239 Words | 7 Pages. Essay : A gift for My Mother The story is written by Viv McDade. She was born in Ireland, grew up in Zimbabwe and . lived in South Africa for most of her life. While living in South Africa, she was a part of some organizations. Saboteur? She now lives in Ireland. In the short story the luck book narrator is essay on egon schiele, a girl called Lucy.

The story is luck club book essays, told by a first person narrator and from her viewpoint. Saboteur Essay? When a story is told by a first person, you need to realize that what the narrator is the joy book essays, recounting might not be the eddie essay objective. Essay , Family , Father 743 Words | 2 Pages. My Mother at essays Sixty­Six / KAMALA DAS / Page 1 My Mother at Sixty­Six Kamala Das – as a poet of the . first water Kamala Das is apa essay proposal, a tale weaver – weaving the rhythm of life into a tale of the joy luck book essays soul – a poet who loves to irony, be loved in silence. The Joy Essays? She says, I wanted to fill my life with as many experiences as I can manage to garner because I do not believe that one can get born again.

This poem is an example of marking such experience with oozing agony and melancholy – beleaguered with modern economic system. Luck Book? Summary. Child , Filial piety , Linguistics 1214 Words | 3 Pages. Name: Zoey Tan Wei Lin (32) Class: 2 Endurance Date: 7 March 2011 A Day in the Life of My Mother A day in . the life of my mother when she was my age was not easy. So a day in saboteur essay irony, her teenager life starts like this. Early in the morning, about five thirty a.m., I wake up and found a warm blanket on top of the joy luck essays me. ‘Father had waked up and had covered me, again, in his warm blanket.’ I thought.

Anyway, I had to get up and help father in his humble little moveable cart that sell rojak. Birth order , Family , Human development 1095 Words | 3 Pages. ?Tribute to my Mother Claribel Brizuela Rivera “I believe in love at first sight, because I love my . Essay Irony? mother since I opened my eyes.” I admire this woman with all my soul. Luck Book? We have been together through thick and thin. She has giving me the reasons to apa essay proposal, consider her a strong, supportive, determined and loving woman. The Joy Luck Book Essays? Who has showed me values, respect and proposal how to face situations without giving-up. My family was raised in Cuba; we were a poor family, but a hard working family who never went to bed. Cuba , Family , Father 1346 Words | 5 Pages. ”A Gift for luck book essays My Mother ” is a short story written by Viv McDade. . It’s chronicling the apa essay proposal course of a young girl’s best intentions. . The main character in the story is a little, juvenile girl called Lucy. “..a bunch of wild flowers in the joy luck book, the bushveld..” (p.

8, l. 1) The story takes place in South Africa, because a bushveld is eddie and catherine, a well-grassed plain area in South Africa. Throughout the entire story Lucy wants to give her mother a gift. She decides to collect bunches of the joy luck flowers, sell them and earn some cash. A Good Thing , Family , Father 1122 Words | 3 Pages. My Mother and her Sister The short story “ My Mother and her Sister” by Jane Rogers, is about . Apa Essay? Dorothy, her daughter who is our narrator and club essays her sister, Lucy who is now 75 years old.

We never hear that the chemical reaction paper narrator is a woman, but I assume she is because she is feeling guilty and gratitude in connection with aunt Lucy, her view on happiness with a happy marriage, seems to be feminine. Normally a man wouldn’t care that much about serving a good dinner, but she gets sad because she can’t make a. Family , Happiness , Marriage 991 Words | 3 Pages. Thumb wrestling federation Regan Lee Block C/D Paolo!! Paolo!

My mother said, Paolo what did I say about watching . those thumb wrestling matches” “come on ma what has thumb wrestling ever done to you” said Paolo “you know what I finally think your old enough to know. Now Paolo you’re Grandfather Enrique you know the the joy luck club essays man you always see in the old pictures well when he was 22 he was drafted into schiele, the TWF, he was better known as rumble because of his monstrous thumb. Anyway he was knocking. Animation Collective , Family , Ice cream 1625 Words | 4 Pages. accompanied your mom to buy some stuffs then you couldn’t come to luck club book essays, the competition that I took last week. Do you know that your coming is really important for . me. Don’t you realize that?” Ami was so sad. Relationship Between And Catherine Essay? “Well, I do have sin with you, Mi. But, I have my own reason why I couldn’t came lastweek. Believe me that I’ve tried to come, unfortunately God didn’t allow me to see you directly on that competition.

Sorry…..” Denny explained. “Just tell me the real reasons!” “I……….I’ve something to do at that. 2005 singles , 2006 singles , 2007 singles 2316 Words | 6 Pages. Suhail Singh English A Block December 9, 2012 Personal Essay Draft Having grown up in a culture radically different from the one . my parents grew up in, I have had both the privilege and luck club essays challenge of straddling two different worlds. Criteria Essay? Born and brought up in the United States, I find myself at the joy club book ease with and sat science papers well-integrated into American culture and values. Although I have always been fascinated, and the joy deeply in love with, with my land of origin, India, I have been frequently baffled by, and at odds.

A Different World , Amritsar , Harmandir Sahib 911 Words | 3 Pages. remember very clearly the moment I received a phone call from my cousin, Michelle telling me that my mom was in the hospital and . things weren’t looking good. Essay On Egon? She said, “Hannah, your mom is in the hospital, and she’s not doing very well. I don’t know many details, but you should come down right away.” It took me a few minutes - maybe longer for that to set in. I never had a relationship with my mom other than her being my biological mother . I stopped everything I was doing and sat there debating whether. Debut albums , English-language films , Mother 1350 Words | 3 Pages. Mother Teresa: A Biography Mother Teresa was born as Agnes Gonxha Bojaxhiu in the joy book, Skopje, Macedonia, on August 26, 1910. Agnes’s . mother raised her as a Roman Catholic. At the relationship between eddie essay age of twelve, Agnes had a strong calling towards God.

She knew that she wanted to the joy luck, spread the love of Christ and essay become a missionary. When she was eighteen, she left the home of her parents and the joy luck book essays joined the Sisters of Loreto, an Irish community of nuns, who had missions in India. Agnes was trained in chemical research, Dublin until May, 24, 1931. Canonization , Heart , Missionaries of the joy luck essays Charity 944 Words | 3 Pages. experience to hear my director said “Cut! Scene 1 Take 5, good take.” I don’t know if it will be a disadvantage to say that I considered . myself as Jane-of-all-trades but master of none.

I have this habit of doing my extreme best to any task that I find so interesting. Well, be it interesting or not, I still tried to apa essay proposal, perform anything to the best of my abilities. Sometimes, I gave up and sometimes I got bored with it. But the experience that I have always stays with me as long as my memory bank can. Colonialism , Filipino people , Han Chinese 863 Words | 3 Pages. MOTHER.THE PAIN OF LOSS.Now I can say with certainty that I had never understood others suffering from unbearable loss of a dear person. For . my part it used to be pity, compassion. When this happened to me, when my dear mother died, I started to understand all those people who lost someone they loved.

There are perhaps no proper words to club essays, describe this pain, at least none used on this planet. This intolerable pain which tears you apart, which is sat science ks2, like a stone on your heart, and which make tears run. Debut albums , Feeling , First-person narrative 1279 Words | 3 Pages. Abortion , Citation , Essay 545 Words | 3 Pages. story ending with: “…he left and closed the door behind him quietly.” 4) Success comes to those who work hard. Do you agree? 5) Strength 1)Why should . children help their parents at home? 2) Describe the scene during recess in school 3) Power 4) My life is a joy 5) Write a story which begins with: “It was a miserable day until the luck club phone rang….” 1) An ideal holiday 2) The benefits of relationship between saving when you are young. 3) Social networking brings more harm than good. Luck Club Essays? Discuss. 4) Write a story which.

Fiction , Novel , The Last Five Years 802 Words | 7 Pages. 4. Sat Science? Does this recipe include a good balance of essential nutrients? Explain your answer. Club Book? Yes. This recipe only has 120 calories and includes milk and . cheese which are good for the bones and provide vitamins that are healthy.

I like to give my children mac and cheese because its kid friendly and I know they are eating a meal that is healthy for them. 5. How could the proposal recipe be altered to club book, include more essential nutrients? This recipe can be made healthier by apa essay proposal substituting the flour noodles. Eating , Essential nutrient , Food 647 Words | 3 Pages. Sanela Orucevic English 101 Argument Essay Final Draft 03/01/13 Most people think that age difference between two people that love each . other won’t work out because one of the partners is 18 and the joy luck club book essays the other is under age. Age is nothing but a number and ks2 it shouldn’t stop people from being together. Age is a problem to people because they think that there is no way the relationship will work out since one person is immature and the other is an adult and is mature. Age difference between two people.

AIDS , Chlamydia infection , Human sexual behavior 1125 Words | 3 Pages. Therefore, it also can help the men to look foward with his future wife background which are related with domestic skill, culture, character, personality and . importantly the similar belief in Islam. Commonly, this custom is done by his relatives like mother or uncle. For girl side, there are some criteria that have to luck club book, be looking foward before to accept the men propose to become her husband that are he should have the good background as a Muslim and have the good work for manage the big family one. Engagement , Family , Malays 1808 Words | 6 Pages. The Difference Between My Grandmother and between eddie essay Mother. Difference between my Grandmother and luck club essays Mother During my child hood, I had to go live with my . Sat Science Papers Ks2? grandmother who I consider as my mom.

I use to wonder what it will be like if I go stay with my mother . My grandma always told me her rules are not the luck essays same as my mom and schiele I am going to wish I had stayed home with her. I thought to myself what will be the difference between them is. Essays? Until one day, I decided to essay, go live with my mother to experience the differences. I found out that my grandmother is totally. Coming out , Family , Grandma Moses 966 Words | 3 Pages. by Confucius on the ancient Chinese traditions. It aims at making not only a man of virtue, but a man of learning and of good manners. The perfect man must . have the qualities of club book a saint, scholar, and gentleman. . In order to support himself and his mother , he had to papers, work as a servant in a noble family. = Socrates, Plato and Aristotle were famous Greek philosophers who questioned the luck book essays most basic and widely accepted ideas. Their philosophy was also based on virtue, or moral excellence. Socrates based. Aristotle , Chinese philosophy , Epistemology 1444 Words | 6 Pages.

Short Essay On My Aim In Life To Become A Doctor. Short essay on my aim in life to become a doctor Short essay on my aim in life to become a doctor . Apa Essay? . Short essay on the joy luck club book essays my aim in life to become a doctor All PDF An essay on my aim in proposal, life , Essay W riting Service W ebsites Free essay writing in english my aim in life composition. Short Essay on the joy club book My Aim in Life - Important. Some doctors are specialists, such as heart specialist, eye specialist etc. a doctor who Short Essay on marking My Aim in Life Short Paragraph on My Mother for Kids. The Joy Luck Club Book Essays? Thats my aim in life. Essay , Goal , Writing 1239 Words | 3 Pages.

English 1301 15 October 2012 Mothers It is no question that mothers are utterly important in every child’s life. As far as I . could remember my mother has always been there for me. For example one of the many times she has been there for criteria me was when she taught me the difference between healthy food and junk food. Making sure that her children are always healthy has been my mommy’s top priority. When I was six, or seven I can recall going to the corner store with my parents and like most kids I. August Strindberg , Family , Father 1139 Words | 3 Pages. worst plagues that could devastate humankind with dirty mutation caused by these extreme imbalances in nature. Luck Essays? Are we going to let this special planet . die? Are we not going to try to save mother Earth from saboteur essay, absolute destruction and preserve mankind?

I love this wonderful planet so much and luck I will start my campaign in saving this world at apa essay proposal this very moment. May those who are concerned about our world would start caring by doing simple things like taking care of household garbage, by minimizing the. Air pollution , Earth , Industrial Revolution 844 Words | 3 Pages. Essay On My School Picnic For Class 1. Essay on my school picnic for class 1 Contributed By: Rose Johnson, class 7, Carmel School Kuwait. The Joy Club Book? Rose. My father . always likes to speak about his childhood, especially when he scolds me. Posted: September 2, 2014 in childrens writing ideas, Essays for ks2 Class 1- Class4, Kids essays , Less than 15 sentence essays , Once our school picnic was to a zoo.

Completed application form, High School a picnic at seaside essay 9 class Transcript, Essay : Share a. Sep 25, 2011 - I am writing a profile essay on a. Educational years , Essay , Fifth grade 1239 Words | 4 Pages. of Piraeus, obtain a clean on-board bill of luck club essays landing market freight prepaid, and forward it along with the invoice to the buyer for payment. Essay? The seller also . obtains marine insurance to book, cover the risk of loss once it passes to the buyer. c) My suggestion for this scenario is Incoterm 2000 ExWorks or EXW. The E Group places minimal responsibility and liability on the seller. Under such an the Dutch seller’s only apa essay proposal, requirement is to make the goods available at the joy luck essays its warehouse and for extended essay present to club, the. Alternative dispute resolution , Arbitral tribunal , Arbitration 1832 Words | 6 Pages.

or resolved. Reaction Research? That’s not to say that Rosebud isn’t significant. It is. The Joy Luck Club Essays? It signifies innocence lost, regret, the failure of the American dream of . rags-to-riches success. It also represents what Kane lost at an early age when he was taken from his mother and father and raised by an unloving guardian. Deprived of love, burdened by too much money and power, Kane grows up with a ravenous desire to be loved despite being incapable of love himself, as well as an apa essay proposal arrogance and sense of entitlement to. Charles Foster Kane , Citizen Kane , Deep focus 921 Words | 3 Pages. Agatha Christie says, “A mother’s love for her child is like nothing else in the joy club book, the world. It knows no law, no pity. Relationship Between Eddie Essay? It dares all things and crushes down . remorselessly all that stands in its path. Club Essays? “. Mother being the supreme lover, loves her child like nothing. A mother dissipates the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts when we are helpless in the wilderness life with her kind precepts and counsels.

From the moment we are born till we are cradled in the chariot of death, we. Islam , Love , Mother 1224 Words | 3 Pages. Rhetorical Analysis of marking criteria “ Mother Tongue” written by Amy Tan “So easy to essays, read”(p.4). Amy Tan ends her essay , . “ Mother Tongue” with this short and apa essay proposal even grammatically wrong sentence. She tells us this mother’s brief review is a proof of success of her writing. Why does she think that easiness is an the joy club essays essence of her writing? She suggests answers to this question by her essay . In her essay , Amy Tan effectively convinces her readers that “broken English” is not an apa essay proposal inferior language, but just. Amy Tan , Anecdote , Asian American 1199 Words | 3 Pages. Stacey Wilson October 14, 2011 Swrk 251 Social work value essay My mother likes to tell the story of when . I was four years old going to my reading circle. While I was waiting for luck club book essays my reading circle to sat science papers, start, I noticed a baby crying so I picked up toys and started shaking them and making the club book baby smile. For as long as I can remember I have always like to help others, I got enjoyment out of making my friends happy.

Whenever one of my friends had a problem I was always there for them, to listen. International Federation of Social Workers , School social worker , Social change 2231 Words | 5 Pages. _____________________________________ Date ________________________________ Period ___ My Dream Life Essay Due Date: Typed . final drafts are due on _______________________ at the beginning of the period. Your graded final draft will be placed in between eddie essay, your portfolio. Organization of Paper: Title: Come up with a creative title Paragraph #1: Introduction.

Use one of the club essays “hooks” from the six choices on side 2. Don’t forget to let your reader know what your essay will be about (career, family, friends, relationships, house. Automobile , Dream , Henry David Thoreau 647 Words | 2 Pages. Us Report Errors Contact Us 383 Words Essay on My Childhood Days by Shekar Kumar My childhood days were . filled with fun and laughter, like those of most children. We lived in a big house with my paternal grandparents and paper my uncle’s family. Though I had an elder brother, I was closer to my cousins. My elder brother was a serious type who didn’t want to hang out with girls. He had a face like a magistrate too which could really intimidate me. Club Book? My cousins were a couple of years younger. All rights reserved , Children Act 1989 , Essay 495 Words | 3 Pages. meet new people. I finished my High school in essay schiele, India which is very different from here.

After passing 10th grade we have to decide whether . to take Commerce or Science. This courses are differentiate by the joy luck club book the students who are interested doing there major in medicine, engineer or may be pharmacy they have to pass there 11th and 12th grade in Science. A student who wants to do major like business, designing or film making has to proposal, pick Commerce course. Luck Club Book Essays? I passed my 11th and 12th grade by finishing in. Academic term , College , Essay 1524 Words | 4 Pages. Mother -Daughter Bonding The bond between a mother and her child is not like any other bond because they share a strong . relationship even before the birth of the child. Therefore, the main topic of my suggested selections in this paper is the mother -daughter relationship. The child spends the marking essay first years of the joy book essays her life with her mother so all what she teaches her will affect her life and their future relationship. My first suggestion is marking for extended, a review essay titled Mothers and the joy luck book essays Daughters” by Marianne Hirsh. Article , Essay , Family 1440 Words | 4 Pages.

“ Mother Tongue” In the eddie essay essay , “ Mother Tongue,” Amy Tan informs the reader of the . language barrier matters that she underwent as an book essays Asian American. Various individuals are looked down upon because of essay their poor english language skills. Tan shared the luck book experience of limitation, intimation, and between and catherine the family talk that she had in her life. She feels bad for having a limitations, because she was Asian-American. Luck Book? Her mother speaks broken. Second language , United Kingdom 435 Words | 3 Pages. update me in my daily lives, like what is happening in the government, education, religions, and between eddie and catherine essay economy or to our social institutions which is . the structure of our society.

These will also develop my own behavior and my interaction to the joy luck, other people. I can clearly understand why there are different peoples with different characteristics, ideas, beliefs, principles and values. It can also affect me through the influence of the different peoples in my own environment. It lets me know what is my role as. Better , Institution , Person 1247 Words | 3 Pages.

Every family has a different approach in and catherine, how they deal with the conflict. As a class we have read and discussed Caroline Hwang’s essay “The . Good Daughter.” as well as Janna Malamud Smith’s essay “ My Son, My Compass.” There is different approach illustrated by Hwang's and Smith's essay as they choose their own lifestyle and confront their parent’s arrogant behavior. Hwang essay explains how immigrant children are living a paradox, forcing her to keep her Korean culture and club adapting to the American culture. Family , Father , Marriage 877 Words | 3 Pages. WRITING THE COLLEGE ESSAY PURPOSE OF THE ESSAY Your GPA, class rank, SATI and SATII scores are all important to sat science ks2, a college . admissions officer in helping to club, assess your academic abilities.

But they are only numbers – they have no personality. What can make your application stand apart are the saboteur personal essays . The college essay will allow an admissions officer to look beyond those numbers and see you as a person. A well-written essay should convey your thoughts, attitudes, personal qualities. College , Essay , Question 1382 Words | 5 Pages. ? Responsibility My Life Philosophy Danielle Jack Lac Courte Oreilles Community College Responsibility/ My Life . Philosophy I thought about being a little baby and being very adorable. Many say I was very cute with my green eyes and my long hair. How precious and fun I must have been. The Joy Luck Club Book Essays? I was a gift from the Creator.

He searched for a beautiful woman and man to create me. Apa Essay? I was to be doted over and treasured. Instead I was abandoned and club book essays put into very abusive foster homes. What happened. Creator deity , English-language films , Family 1060 Words | 4 Pages.

Andrew Pyne John Mcdonough Bridgewater State University English 299-014 03/29/2012 Paper 2 Mother Courage “ Mother . Chemical Paper? Courage and Her Children” by the joy club Bertolt Brecht is about a woman and her children. Apa Essay Proposal? They are war Profiteers in the 30 Years War selling goods out of there wagon. Mother Courage is the joy luck book essays, a Survivor. She is essay schiele, a money-maker. She is a brutal realist. She also lies to the joy book essays, her family.

Mother Courage sells normal good from her wagon like cloths and food. Her goods are sold to the camps of soldiers. Bavaria , Bertolt Brecht , Family 788 Words | 3 Pages.

Do my homework australia | College Homework Help and Online - The Joy Luck Club, Amy Tan - Essay -… - SUNY Buffalo

Pay Someone or Do Homework For Money - The Joy Luck Club Thesis Statements and Important Quotes… - Duke University, Durham, NC

WWII Medal of Honor Recipient Wilburn K. Ross Shares his Story. Posted on: May 12, 2017. Wilburn K. Ross at home in DuPont, Washington State. Update: Wilburn K. Ross passed away on May 9, 2017. Rest in peace, Sgt. Ross. You will not be forgotten.

The following story was originally published November 2013. World War II Congressional Medal of Honor recipient Wilburn Kirby Ross lives exactly where you might expect him to: in a little town with a rich military history called DuPont, Washington, a stone’s throw away from military installation Joint Base Lewis-McChord. Upon arriving at Ross’ home, I was greeted by a lively 91-year-old with a friendly handshake who readily invited me in. One of the first things I saw was the living room wall covered with awards, photos, and military memorabilia no average person would possess. There’s one photo of Ross shaking hands with President John F. Kennedy. A signed photo of World War II General Alexander “Sandy” Patch also casually hangs on the joy, the wall.

Another frame contains the official document changing the relationship eddie and catherine essay name of Highway 92 West near his childhood home of Strunk, Kentucky to Private Wilburn K. Ross Highway. Wall of Honor: Ross’ wall is covered with his life’s most memorable moments. Then Ross tells me quite matter-of-fact that he will be featured on the cover of club book essays, a U.S. Relationship Eddie Essay. Postage stamp sheet to be released on Veterans Day 2013. Here is a man who is luck club book not only a huge part of essay, military history, but of American history in luck essays any sense. And it’s because of the highest military honor attainable in the United States of America: the saboteur essay Congressional Medal of Honor. The Medal of Honor isn’t given away lightly. Since the first one was given in 1863, only club, 3,463 persons have received this award. Though over 16 million people served in World War II, only 464 earned a Medal of Honor. Today, there are 79 living Medal of ks2, Honor recipients, only nine of club book, which are from between and catherine essay World War II.

Ross is luck club one of those nine. At the age of only 22, while a Private in Company G, 30th Infantry Regiment, 3d Infantry Division, Ross went above and beyond the call of duty and saved his company from destruction. Here’s Ross’ official Medal of Honor citation: A United States Army Medal of Honor. Courtesy DVIDShub. For conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity at risk of life above and essay beyond the the joy luck call of duty near St. Jacques, France. At 11:30 a.m. on between and catherine, 30 October 1944, after his company had lost 55 out of the joy luck club book, 88 men in an attack on marking for extended, an entrenched, full-strength German company of elite mountain troops, Pvt. Ross placed his light machinegun 10 yards in advance of the foremost supporting riflemen in order to the joy luck club absorb the initial impact of an enemy counterattack. Marking Criteria For Extended. With machinegun and small-arms fire striking the book earth near him, he fired with deadly effect on the assaulting force and repelled it.

Despite the hail of automatic fire and the explosion of criteria for extended essay, rifle grenades within a stone’s throw of his position, he continued to man his machinegun alone, holding off 6 more German attacks. When the eighth assault was launched, most of his supporting riflemen were out of ammunition. They took positions in club essays echelon behind Pvt. Ross and crawled up, during the attack, to extract a few rounds of ammunition from his machinegun ammunition belt. Eddie And Catherine Essay. Pvt. Ross fought on the joy luck book essays, virtually without assistance and, despite the fact that enemy grenadiers crawled to within 4 yards of his position in an effort to kill him with handgrenades, he again directed accurate and apa essay proposal deadly fire on the hostile force and club book essays hurled it back.

After expending his last rounds, Pvt. Ross was advised to withdraw to the company command post, together with 8 surviving riflemen, but, as more ammunition was expected, he declined to do so. Marking Criteria. The Germans launched their last all-out attack, converging their fire on Pvt. Ross in a desperate attempt to destroy the machinegun which stood between them and a decisive breakthrough. As his supporting riflemen fixed bayonets for luck book, a last-ditch stand, fresh ammunition arrived and between eddie was brought to Pvt. Ross just as the advance assault elements were about to swarm over his position. He opened murderous fire on the oncoming enemy; killed 40 and wounded 10 of the attacking force; broke the assault single-handedly, and forced the Germans to the joy club withdraw. Having killed or wounded at marking for extended least 58 Germans in club book more than 5 hours of continuous combat and saved the remnants of his company from chemical reaction research destruction, Pvt. The Joy Luck Book Essays. Ross remained at his post that night and the following day for a total of 36 hours.

His actions throughout this engagement were an inspiration to marking essay his comrades and maintained the high traditions of the military service. Wilburn K. Ross receiving his Medal of the joy club book, Honor on criteria for extended essay, 14 April 1945. Ross is on the far right. Photo by the U.S. Government. It’s safe to say that if not for Ross, his entire company would have been slaughtered.

Although I had read the official citation, I wanted to find out the details surrounding this harrowing situation. It turns out that Ross was ahead of the luck essays game from the beginning with a prescient sense of where to be. “I picked a place where I wanted to put the machinegun,” remembers Ross. Papers Ks2. “My platoon leader – after a long time – he finally said ‘Watch to your right!’ I said, ‘I’ve been firing to the right!’” Ross continues, “I had one guy with me. Everyone he saw coming towards us, he said, ‘Oh that looks like our people.’ I said, ‘Man I’ve been shooting these dang guys.’” These soldiers were in fact the enemy, and proved it by shooting a hole through the helmet, or “steel pot,” of the club essays soldier Ross was standing by.

The soldier was injured but not killed. Ross says, “I told him, ‘Don’t take your steel pot off because if they shoot these dang grenades in the tree there, it’ll come down and hit you in the top of the head.’” This soldier that stood by Ross had a 30-caliber carbine rifle, but couldn’t use it because of his wounds. Relationship Between Eddie. Ross took the rifle when he saw the the joy book essays enemy approaching. Relationship And Catherine Essay. “There was about ten of them. I picked up that carbine…I was going to shoot those guys,” says Ross. A German soldier aimed for Ross and fired. Amazingly, the German bullet hit Ross’ rifle instead of his body. “That dang guy in front of me – he shot and split the the joy luck book damn stock on that thing. I throwed that thing down and I had that machine gun pouring.”

From that point on, Ross manned his machinegun and became a human wall between these elite German soldiers and what remained of his company. Ross remembers it clearly. His machine gun got so hot he would have to wait a few minutes whenever he had the criteria essay chance, so the the joy barrel could cool down. Then he would resume shooting. Ross points on a map to Belgium where he was given his Medal of Honor in a special ceremony. During much of the irony incident, a soldier lay in a ditch directly in the joy book essays front, but below, Ross’ machine gun. Ross continually shot over the body. “I thought he was dead,” Ross says, “I shot over his head with that machinegun.” But it turns out this soldier wasn’t dead. “He knew everything that went on,” says Ross, of this American lieutenant who, apparently, was taking mental notes of Ross’ actions the entire time. This lieutenant later wrote up and submitted a description of Ross’ actions that day. Apa Essay. And that report eventually led to Ross’ Medal of Honor. I wanted to know what made someone act with this kind of bravery.

To throw fear aside and get a job done, no matter the cost. Are certain people genetically wired to withstand such stressful situations with cool confidence? Or did Ross’ upbringing make him especially equipped for this act of valor that October day in France? At least with Ross, there’s a little of both at play. “I did an awful lot of hunting and fishing,” says Ross of his childhood. He would hone his marksmanship by placing a match in the crook of a tree, backing up, and the joy club book shooting just right as to light the match with the bullet from his .22 caliber rifle.

Indeed, sometimes his accuracy with a firearm was almost too good. “One time we’re at my cousin’s and they wanted to go down to the river and go fishing and stay the night,” Ross says. Ross told his cousin to chemical research paper shine a light over the joy his uncle’s cow pasture because they thought they saw a rabbit out there. Ross readied his .22 caliber rifle. “I laid it up on that post there and shot. And this other guy jumped over chemical reaction paper the fence went over luck essays there and said, ‘Yep, you got him, but he’s too heavy. I can’t carry him.’” “I shot my uncle’s calf,” Ross says, laughing. No doubt his childhood outdoor adventures helped keep him alive during the War. But Ross demonstrates another trait that helped him too: a cool, calm personality. Medal of Honor recipient Wilburn K. Apa Essay. Ross meeting John F. Kennedy in May 1963. Photo courtesy U.S. Club Book Essays. Government.

Despite what Hollywood might want you to believe, war heroes aren’t always like Stallone or Schwarzenegger, with brash personalities and muscles to criteria spare. The person I encountered was quite different. Ross, now 91, still possesses the the joy slim physique he had in the mid 1940’s when he was awarded the Medal of relationship between eddie essay, Honor. Judging by photographs taken of the joy luck club book essays, Ross during this period, he probably didn’t weigh more than 140 pounds. And his slow-burn personality seems to have kept him on essay, the same emotional plane whether warding off the enemy for an intense five hours or attentively remaining at luck club book essays his post for another 31 hours. Being a hero isn’t lacking fear, but rising above it. I asked Ross how he put down his fear. Relationship Eddie And Catherine Essay. He almost laughs off the question. “I had to the joy luck do something. If I didn’t do something they’d kill me.” Despite the jovial answer, Ross proved the ability to forget the danger around him and do what is needed, regardless of the cost. Ross stayed cool even when he sustained an injury in a small French town in ks2 September 1944, about a month before the actions that led to his Medal of Honor.

He was on patrol with a fellow soldier, who Ross says never passed up a chance for an alcoholic beverage. The soldier entered a civilian home to fetch a drink and the joy club Ross accompanied him. Marking. Ross happened to look outside across a pond and said to the joy luck club book essays the soldier, “You see them people over eddie and catherine there? They’re shooting at our company.” The other soldier, enjoying the drink, said, “Oh, they’re our men. The Joy Club Book. You go see.” In no uncertain terms, Ross told that soldier that he should go see.

That’s when Ross was hit. Between Eddie And Catherine Essay. “A piece of shrapnel hit me here,” Ross says, pointing to his cheek, “Knocked out two teeth. One upper and one lower. I spit those things out. The Joy Luck Essays. I could run. I got back to where the company was.” Still collected, Ross found the field hospital and received the medical care he needed. Truly, nothing seems to faze this guy. A signed photo of essay, Ross shaking hands with WWII General Alexander “Sandy” Patch.

Ross is one lucky guy. He no doubt had more than a few guardian angels looking out for him during the War. The fact that he wasn’t killed many times over while earning his Medal of Honor is astounding enough. But that’s only part of the story. Ross describes a separate incident when the enemy was firing rockets in his direction. “I was lying down. I had my steel pot on. But a big slug cut right through the steel and cut a hole in my head here. It knocked me out for six hours. The Joy Luck Book. When I was knocked out I thought I was a dang feather up there floating around.” When Ross came to, he walked out to marking for extended safety. In World War II and the Korean War, he was injured a total of four times.

Needless to say, not all of his fellow soldiers were as lucky as Ross. He recalls one friend who was wounded by book gunfire. Between Eddie Essay. “He was on the joy luck club book, the ambulance. I made sure he didn’t fall off.” They arrived at the field hospital. Ross will never forget what happened next. Ross explains, “When the doctor come out essay schiele there he says, ‘Uh-uh, too late for him.’” Amazingly, Ross was never among the ones they couldn’t save.

Wilburn K. Ross – a Hero among Heroes. Ross holds a history of the 3d Infantry Division’s exploits during World War II. As in any undertaking, being with A-players brings out the best in the joy club book one’s performance. This was true with Ross. Relationship Eddie Essay. No fewer than four other soldiers in the 3d Infantry Division were awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor with Ross on 14 April 1945 in a special ceremony. To date, the 3d Infantry Division boasts more Medal of Honor recipients than any other Division in the Army, a total of luck club book, fifty-one. Thirty-seven of those were earned during World War II. Ross and the 3d Division fought in North Africa, Sicily, Italy, France, Germany and Austria; they were the only division to fight Germany on all fronts of the war.

They lost more soldiers than any other American Division during World War II. Perhaps the most famous Medal of Honor winner ever, Audie Murphy, whose story was depicted in relationship eddie essay the Hollywood movie To Hell and Back was a soldier in the 3d Infantry Division. Ross enjoys pulling a five-pound book off his shelf with the book 3d Division’s blue-and-white-striped insignia on sat science papers, the cover. It’s a history of the Division’s actions during the the joy luck War. The first page of the book shows the Division’s path to victory in red arrows: landing in Casablanca, Morocco, advancing through North Africa, to Sicily and on egon Italy, then taking Rome. Ross remembers he was told they would be in Rome until the end of the war. Two weeks later, Ross got word that the Pope declared there should be no combat troops in Rome. That’s when the division went back to Naples to train for their amphibious invasion in southern France in August 1944. Shortly thereafter, near St. Jacques, France, Ross would earn his Medal of Honor.

The 3d Infantry Division made their way into Germany and captured Hitler’s mountain retreat before ending up in Salzburg, Austria in May 1945 as the the joy club war in Europe ended. There’s no doubt that Ross’ Division was one of the most instrumental in ending Hitler’s reign of terror. Wilburn Ross Before and ks2 After the War. Although Ross had an amazing military career, it wasn’t exactly in his plans to join the Army. Luck Club Essays. He started working in the coal mines at age 18, but he decided it wasn’t for him. Sat Science Papers. After a year, he trained to be a welder. Luck Book Essays. He went to Virginia for ship welding work.

That’s when he got his draft notice. “They sent me a message from Kentucky to go to the nearest place to check in…I didn’t do it,” recalls Ross. “Then they sent another that said, ‘If that’s too far away then come to relationship essay this one!’” Ross obeyed this time, bypassing a trip home and the joy book joining the service from Virginia. Ross meeting World War I Medal of Honor recipient Alvin C. Marking Essay. York in 1945. He wouldn’t go home to McCreary County, Kentucky until after the war. But when he did return, there was a surprise waiting for him. A crowd of club book essays, three thousand showed up to welcome the relationship between and catherine hero home at a special ceremony. The Kentucky Governor and Attorney General were in attendance, as was World War I Medal of Honor recipient Alvin York. Still, in luck typical Ross style, he describes the event humbly. He recalls eating dinner at the ceremony, and relationship between eddie decorated war hero York telling him, “There’s only one way to eat chicken, and that’s with your fingers.” The Kentucky Governor set up a job for Ross at the state highway authority. The Joy Luck. Ross worked there for a year, but decided to rejoin the military when his brother and first cousin decided to join.

“They turned my first cousin down because he’s cross-eyed,” says Ross. But Ross’ brother was accepted, as was Ross. By 1950, Ross was a Master Sergeant and found himself training at research Fort Lewis, just before he was sent to Korea. While there, he was injured for the fourth and final time, by machinegun fire in luck essays August 1950. He was sent back to the United States for recovery. Ross retired from the Army in marking the early 1960s after one of the the joy book most decorated careers in military history. He married in essay irony 1960 and raised six kids, two of which still live close by and visit often.

The others he sees when he goes home to the joy luck club essays Strunk, Kentucky every year on his birthday. Old Glory flies proud above Ross Plaza Park in DuPont, Washington. At 91, Ross is still self-sufficient. He lives in his own home, which, by the way, is very neatly kept. Sat Science Papers. He comments that assisted living facilities call him frequently, asking him to move in. But Ross says it’s not necessary. “They want $4,500 a month,” says Ross, “I can stay here for the joy luck club book, less than that.” (And who would want to leave this home, a military history museum in ks2 its own right?) Ross drives his car and the joy luck club essays goes out and about. He admits he’s a bit of a lead-foot. “The state police are good to me,” says Ross, who has been pulled over recently. For Extended Essay. “One said, ‘You were speeding.’ I said, ‘Yeah, I was a little bit over club book essays the mark.’” Ross gave the officer a copy of on egon, some Medal of Honor literature that he always has handy. He didn’t receive a ticket. He has a special Medal of Honor license plate, so sometimes he gets pulled over just so the officer can shake his hand.

Ross stays active, going to the local watering hole each week, where the the joy luck essays band eagerly takes his requests. After all, when a Medal of Honor recipient requests a song, you play it. Ross always leaves a five-dollar tip anyway. The town of papers ks2, DuPont is proud of essays, its Medal of Honor recipient; residents can stretch out in Ross Plaza Park, a grassy oasis that’s situated in a recently developed part of town. A stone memorial with Ross’ official citation stands proud in the corner of the park. Wilburn Ross requested that these streets not be named after himself, but after a DuPont police officer who was of no relation. The park is on the corner of Ross Loop and Ross Ave. But as Ross explains, these streets aren’t named after him, despite DuPont’s wishes to do so. When he moved to DuPont in the ’60s, there was a town police officer, of no relation, by relationship between essay the name of Ross. Wilburn Ross asked that these streets be named after this gentleman, not himself. Club Book. Just another example of Ross’ humility.

Ross is often the guest of honor at local events and ceremonies and marking essay attends whenever he can. The Joy Club Book Essays. He carries around a stack of saboteur irony, business cards detailing his most memorable moments, and enjoys sharing his stories with everyone who asks him about his life and accomplishments. Ross to be featured on Commemorative Postage Stamp Sheet. Ross will travel to Washington, D.C. for Veteran’s Day, November 11, 2013. He will be an honored guest as the U.S. Luck Club Essays. Postal Service releases its World War II Medal of Honor commemorative stamp sheet. The stamps themselves show the Army and Navy versions of the Medal of Honor. Ross’ photo will appear on the cover of the apa essay proposal stamp sheet, along with 11 other Medal of Honor recipients’ photos.

Ross jokingly says he’ll sign quite a few books of stamps this Veteran’s Day. Just like many of his other incredible life events, Ross takes this one in stride. Wilburn K. Ross Memorial stands in Ross Plaza Park, DuPont, Washington. But none of the recognition – new or old – goes to the joy book Ross’ head. The fact that he’s met U.S. presidents and dignitaries, has landmarks named after him, and relationship eddie essay will be featured on the joy, a book of essay, stamps doesn’t seem to luck book essays boost his ego one bit. In a time when reality TV stars are increasingly famous and big-headed for doing nothing, it’s refreshing to meet someone who is famous for doing something noteworthy, yet is irony humble. Perhaps Ross’ attitude is just a characteristic of this generation, which Tom Brokaw called The Greatest Generation in his 1998 book. These men figured that fighting in World War II was just their duty. For doing it, they expected no repayment. It’s summed up in a comment made by Bill Lansford, a Marine who fought on Iwo Jima, interviewed in Ken Burns’ 2007 documentary The War . “We’re characterized as heroes.

But we weren’t heroes. We were just guys who were there and we did what we were supposed to do.” That may be how they see themselves, but that’s not how we see them. The Servicemembers of World War II did what they were supposed to do, and then so much more than anyone could ever expect. And Medal of Honor recipient Wilburn Kirby Ross is one of the finest examples of these heroes. Here’s to many more years of recognition and honor for your distinguished service, Sgt.

Ross. VA Home Loan Programs. For veterans who want to refinance their homes. Percentage rates are the lowest in club decades. For veterans who want to papers ks2 refinance and get additional cash-out of club, their home. For veterans who want to reaction research buy a new home. Book. VA loans require No down-payment. VA Loan Eligibility. VA Loan Resources. Please contact our support if you are suspicious of any fraudulent activities or have any questions. If you would like to essay schiele find more information about your benefits, please visit the Official US Government website for the Department of Veteran Affairs or the US Department of the joy, Housing and Urban Development.

Full Beaker, Inc. is not licensed to make residential mortgage loans in New York State. Mortgage loans are arranged with third-party providers. In New York State it is licensed by sat science the Department of Financial Services.

Do My History Essay - The Joy Luck Club Themes - Shmoop - Williams College

Write My Paper Please - Free joy luck club Essays and Papers -… - Penn State Erie, Behrend

10 Tips on Writing a Real Estate Resume. Executive recruiters, professional resume writers, and hiring managers say they've seen more poorly written resumes cross their desks recently than ever before. So before you waste time, money and postage and, most importantly, squander employment opportunities and tarnish your reputation in your industry - with a deficient resume, here are 10 tips for writing an effective resume: Tip # 1: Cite your accomplishments, not merely job descriptions. Club Essays! Hiring managers are seeking candidates who can help them solve a problem or a need within their company. You can't be viewed as a possible solution to their problems without stating how you solved similar problems for other companies. Between Eddie And Catherine! Focus on what you did in the job, not just on what your job was.

There is a subtle, but important difference. Include a one or two-line job description, followed by your accomplishments. Then, for each point, ask yourself this question: What was the benefit of your having done what you did? Your accomplishments should be unique to you, not just a list of what anyone else did or could have done in that job. It should not be the generic job description you had when you originally applied for the position. Tip # 2: Quantify your accomplishments.

The most frequent resume mistake is to load it with general claims and club book too much industry jargon. Criteria! A resume is book essays a marketing document designed to essay on egon, sell your skills and strengths rather than just portray a bio. By including and highlighting specific achievements that present a comprehensive picture of the joy luck club book essays, your marketability, you'll engender greater confidence in hiring managers and be called for many more interviews. Essay! Quantify everything; provide percentages, dollars, number of employees, training classes. You may need to work backwards to highlight your accomplishments by asking, If I had not done X, what could have happened? Tip # 3: Cater your resume to your industry. Marketing, advertising, and design professionals have creative license to luck club book, be more distinctive and use flair in the way they design their resumes. Unusual paper, fonts and layout are acceptable and expected in apa essay proposal those industries. However, conversely, the real estate industry won't be impressed and may indeed be turned off by luck essays distinctive resume design. In this sector, it's better to err on the side of being conservative. Your accomplishments, error-free writing, grammatically correct, clean, crisp type and papers paper will make the the joy club impression for you.

If you've been in the market for a while, it's important that you update your information to ensure its relevance to today's market. Essay On Egon Schiele! Job descriptions dating back many years are a red flag. The Joy Club! A resume is not intended to be your biography, but a recitation of what you've done lately and chemical paper how your skills will benefit their company. Providing information from the 70's is hardly relevant and can work against you. Tip # 5: Avoid including irrelevant information. The Joy Luck Club Book! Recruiters and relationship HR specialists agree that listing personal information isn't appropriate or necessary on the joy book, an executive resume, and including your photograph is the sat science ks2 worst offense of all.

Your resume is the the joy club book essays one phase in your job search over which you have total control. Based on the strength of that document, you'll either be selected for an interview from among hundreds of other candidates, or passed over. Ks2! Therefore, every word you include should be meaningful and luck club book help sell your skills and experience. Tip # 6: Replace your Objective with a Career Summary The Career Summary should be designed to give a brief overview of who you are and what you do. Since hiring managers spend only a few seconds perusing your resume, the essay on egon object is to the joy, grab their attention. Replace Objective with a summary that accurately and powerfully describes you as a solution to a potential employer's problems. 15 years of diverse general management, operations and marketing experience with regional and on egon schiele national real estate firms and a multinational electronics manufacturer. Wharton M.B.A. with particular expertise in: Real-estate asset, property and turnaround management, leasing, marketing and operations. The Joy Luck Club! Financial planning, capital investment budgeting and pricing. Marking Criteria Essay! Strategic planning, business development and market analysis.

Recruiting, training and the joy club essays management of interdisciplinary work teams. Tip # 7: Avoid Referring to yourself as a consultant. Many candidates use the term consultant to describe their current work status. Saboteur Irony! Unless you can quantify your consulting activities, recruiters and hiring managers will be skeptical. The consultant title tends to be poorly received on a resume unless a specific task and result are stated and the consulting project is for the joy luck, a recognizable concern. If, for strategic reasons, you use the term Consultant, describe the projects specifically and provide what the results were (i.e., did you increase sales and by what percent over what period of time? Did you improve processes? What were they before and chemical reaction research paper what were the results? Did you save the company money, and luck club essays how much over what period of time?) These details will help provide greater insight into paper, your Consultant role. Many people leave off graduation and employment dates to avoid possible age discrimination.

However, most corporate recruiters use resumes to screen out, rather than screen in luck club book essays candidates, and research therefore resume without dates may not be considered. From a recruiter's perspective, candidates eliminate dates on club book, their resumes for only one reason: to hide information, such as a history of job-hopping or a long period of unemployment. As an alternative, focus only on the last 10 or 15 years of your professional experience. Tip # 9: Do the essay irony hiring manager's work for them - format your resume wisely. No matter how much time and effort you put into writing your resume, it won't get a thorough reading the first time through. It usually gets skimmed quickly for a matter of the joy club book, seconds.

It's harder for the reader to give even a cursory initial look if your resume is hard to read, poorly organized or exceeds two pages. Use wide margins, clean type (at least between 10-12 points), clear headings, a logical format, bold and italic typeface that helps guide the reader's eye. Selective use of bullets calls attention to important points. Saboteur Essay! For unemployed senior-level executives, handing out resumes should be a full-time job. The majority of senior-level positions are filled through networking, so contact absolutely everyone you know in addition to recruiters who are in club essays a position to marking essay, hire you or share insights.

Networking can include personal business contacts, people you've worked for, people who worked for the joy luck club book, you but have moved on, vendors and sales representatives with whom you've dealt in the past five years, and even people listed in the alumni directory of your alma mater. With a solid resume in apa essay proposal hand, you'll greatly increase your odds of earning a closer look. Copyright 2015-2018 SelectLeaders Real Estate Job Site Network. All Rights Reserved.

Buy An Essay Online - Free joy luck club Essays and Papers -… - University of Houston

Write My Essay Online For Cheap - Write Essays For Money - The Joy Luck Club Themes - Shmoop - George Washington University

Archaeology/ King Tut's Tomb term paper 19039. What does the tomb of tutankhamen and club book, its contents show about the Egyptian concern for sat science, the afterlife? Tutakhamen's tomb, and the artifacts inside are an indication of the concern the Ancient Egyptians held for the after-life of their king. In 26th Nov. 1922, the English archaeologist Howard Carter opened the virtually intact tomb of a largely unknown pharaoh: Tutankhamen. This was the first, and to date the finest royal tomb found virtually intact in the history of Egyptology. It took almost a decade of meticulous and painstaking work to empty the tomb of Tutankhamen. Around 3500 individual items were recovered.

When the Burial Chamber of Tutankhamen was officially opened, on 17 February 1923, the Antechamber had been emptied. It had taken near fifty days to empty the Antechamber; the time required to dismantle and restore the luck club book contents of the Burial Chamber including the gilded wooden and the sarcophagus was to be greater, and the work was not completed until November 1930, eight years after the proposal original discovery. One must examine both the tomb itself, and its contents, to see the book essays connection between the tombs and between eddie and catherine essay, burial rituals and the doctrine of eternal life. Club Book Essays. The royal tombs were not merely homes in the hereafter for the kings, as are the and catherine essay private tombs of commoners and nobility. Instead the tombs are cosmological vehicles of rebirth and deification as much as houses of eternity. As the king is supposed to become Osiris in a far more intimate way than commoners, he is equipped with his very own Underworld.

And as the king is luck club book essays, supposed to become Re in a way entirely unavailable to commoners, he is equipped with his very own passage of the sun, whether this is thought of saboteur essay irony as the way through the underworld or through the heavens. Tutankhamon's tomb, hurriedly prepared for the premature death of the luck club book king at papers ks2, the age of only about 18, is, as Romer says, a hole in the ground, compared to a proper royal tomb. The theme of fours is conspicuous in Egyptian religious practice. Tutankhamon's tomb contains four chambers. The burial chamber, with a ritual if not an actual orientation towards the West, is the chamber of departure towards the funeral destinies. The internment of the luck book body certainly is the beginning of the sojourn of the dead, and the Egyptians saw the and catherine dead as departing into the West. The room called the Treasury is then interpreted to have a ritual orientation towards the North as the the joy essays chamber of reconstitution of the body. Since the most conspicuous object in the Treasury was a great gilt sledge holding the shrine containing the canopic chest, which holds the king's viscera, this could well suggest the marking criteria essay problem of reassembling the king's living body. That task, indeed, has a very important place in luck essays Egyptian mythology. After the goddess Isis had retrieved her husband Osiris's murdered body from Byblos, their common brother, Seth, the original murderer, stole the body, cut it into pieces, and tossed them in the Nile. Proposal. Isis then had to luck, retrieve the parts of the body before Osiris could be restored to life.

Her search through the Delta, which is in the North of Egypt, seems to parallel the sacred pilgrimage to cities of the between and catherine Delta that Desroches-Noblecourt relates as one of ritual acts of the funeral, as many of the other objects in the Treasury seem to be accessories for that pilgrimage. For the sovereign to be reborn it was necessary that a symbolic pilgrimage be made to the holy cities of the delta. The principal halts of the the joy book essays journey corresponded almost exactly to saboteur essay irony, the four cardinal points of the delta where these cities were situated. Sais, to the west, represented the necropolis where the body was buried; Buto to the north, with its famous canal, was an essential stage of the transformations within the aquatic world of the the joy luck essays primordial abyss, evoking the water surrounding the unborn child; and Mendes to the east whose name could be written with the on egon schiele two pillars of Osiris, the djed pillars, evoking the concept of air. There, said the the joy book old texts, the gods Shu and Tefenet were reunited, or again, according to the 17th chapter of The Book of the Dead, that was where the souls of Osiris and Re had joined. Finally, the southern-most city which completed the cycle of Heliopolis, the city of the sun, symbolizing the fourth [sic] element, fire, where the heavenly body arose in youth glory between the two hills on the horizon. [Christiane Desroches-Noblecourt, 1963, p. Criteria Essay. 238-9] As these four cities parallel the four rooms of the tomb itself, we seem to the joy luck book, have a nice series of parallel symbols. Chemical Reaction Paper. If Sais, in the West, was significant for its necropolis, then Sais, like the burial chamber, can represent the departure into the West. Buto itself, the northernmost city, then represents the club book site of the actual reconstitution of the body. What followed Isis's reassembly of Osiris's body was its revivification. Mendes, in the East, where the criteria for extended essay sun rises, would then seem to be the locus for that, with the associations, especially with Osiris.

In the tomb, the small Annex is then associated with this ritual stage, the chamber of rebirth. The ritual pilgrimage then ends at Heliopolis in the South, where the king, having been reborn, reassumes his throne, as Desroches-Noblecourt views the Antechamber of the tomb as the chamber of eternal royalty. Overall, the tomb may be divided into three parts: The Inner Tomb, which means the burial chamber and luck essays, its side rooms, however elaborate; the Middle Tomb; and the Outer Tomb. In the Outer Tomb, six parts may be distinguished: four passages, the Well, and the optional well room. The four passages originally consisted of two deep stairs and two sloping corridors.

The outer stair might not now be considered part of the saboteur irony tomb proper, since it merely led up to the sealed entrance of the tomb; but the Egyptians saw it as already part of the tomb and named it the god's first passage, or the god's first passage of the sun's path. All the corridors, indeed, were thought to represent the passage of the sun god Re through the twelve caverns of the underworld in book the hours of the night, prior to his rebirth at dawn--the precedent for the rebirth of the king. Consequently, when decorated, they at first held excerpts from the Amduat, the book of That Which is in the Underworld, or the later Book of saboteur irony Gates. The Joy Club Book Essays. As the emphasis slowly shifted with time from the association with the underworld to an association with Re himself, another work, the Litany of Re made its appearance. The stair of the god's third passage was thus originally a room with the stair in its floor. For Extended. As the stairs later became ramps, and as the descent of the essays passages leveled out by sat science, the XX Dynasty, the luck god's third passage was revealed as having a ritual as well as a practical meaning; for the flat spaces of the criteria essay original room were preserved, even when they had been reduced to no more than long niches in part of the walls of the third passage. These were called the sanctuaries in which the gods of East and West repose. East and West refer to the ritual orientation of the passage, East on the Left when facing out of the tomb (as the Egyptians saw it), West on book, the Right.

The fourth passage eventually acquired two niches at the end, called the doorkeepers' niches. The Well itself is a feature that has excited considerable interest. The Egyptians called the Well the hall of waiting or hindering. The function of criteria for extended such a room, as symbolic of the whole tomb, provides a ritual locus for rebirth. The Ba soul in earlier representations flies up the shaft of the tomb and out into the world.

All that is added in luck the royal tomb is the king's trip through the saboteur essay irony underworld, the four entering or, as the Egyptians also saw them, exiting passages. The Joy Club Book. The Hall of Waiting, with or without the well itself or the apa essay proposal lower well room, typically shows scenes of the king meeting the gods--one of the club book essays motifs of the burial chamber in Tutankhamon's tomb--and this is often shown when decoration has not been completed elsewhere in the tomb, as in that of Thutmose IV. This would indicate some importance to the function of such a part of the tomb. This brings us, through the sealed door, to the Middle Tomb. As the Chariot Hall or Hall of Repelling Rebels, it contains the equipment needed for the king to live an ordinary life and perform his kingly duties once reborn, i.e. actual chariots, beds, clothing, etc. Some have labeled it the chamber of eternal royalty. One might call it the living room of the tomb, the opposite of the essay burial chamber with its uniquely funereal equipment. It then may be significant that the rest of the club book tomb is accessed through the stair or ramp dropped from the floor. If the spirit of the king comes up from the crypt, entering the Chariot Hall is like rising into the upper world. It is at that point that we might divide the whole tomb into the Upper Tomb and on egon schiele, the Lower Tomb. Luck Club Book Essays. The Lower Tomb is about death and rebirth; the Upper Tomb is about the new life and access to the world (the Chariot Hall and the Outer Tomb, both the shaft of the Well and the outer passages).

Significantly, the wall of the Chariot Hall above the essay on egon schiele passage down (the another god's first passage), often displays an Osiris shrine, which signal an emphasis on Osiris. Once freed of its contents, it became possible to examine the wall paintings in the only decorated room in the entire tomb, the burial chamber. The walls had a yellow background, almost the colour of gold, as if underline the name that ancient Egyptians gave to luck club, the burial chamber - the 'Golden Room'. The surface of the paintings was in an excellent state of preservation though it was speckled with innumerable tiny circular stains due to the development of colonies of micro-organisms. Proposal. The decoration quite simple and ordinary in style: the northern wall, seen on entering the room, features Tutankhamen in the centre, wearing the dress of living, holding the sceptre and luck, the ritual mace, before the goddess Nut, depicted in schiele the act of luck book essays performing the nyny ritual. This central scene is flanked by two others: on the Tutankhamen's is shown dressed Osiris in the presence of between essay Pharaoh Ay, his successor. Club Book. Ay, wearing the costume of the sem-priest and the distinctive skin of a panther, officiates at sat science ks2, the rite of the 'Opening of the Mouth', through which the luck book essays deceased is revived. Tutankhamen is criteria for extended essay, shown with his head draped in the nemes, and, followed by his ka, standing before Osiris. On the adjacent western wall, are illustrations of passages taken from the the joy luck book essays Book of Amduat, showing the voyage of the sun barque through the 12 hours of the night, represented by 12 deities with the apa essay proposal faces of baboons. The eastern wall illustrates the transport of the royal sarcophagus, set inside a shrine mounted on a sledge, drawn by 12 characters, of whom two are dressed differently from the others, indicating a superior social standing.

The south wall was painted last, and is a scene of the joy club Tutankhamen, accompanied by relationship between eddie and catherine essay, Anubis, in the presence of the goddess Hathor. The centre of the room is club book essays, now occupied by the quartzite sarcophagus containing the outermost coffin. The last part of the tomb, the Annex, appears not to serve any ritual function. The contents of tomb are also an papers ks2 indication of the importance the Egyptians placed on the afterlife. It is the joy book, not necessary to examine all the contents of the tomb, as this would be a painstakingly long and arduous task. To see the and catherine significance the the joy luck book Egyptian's placed on the after-life, one need only examine a few of the articles found. One of the two life-sized statues which stood guard at the sealed door of the Burial Chamber, on the north side of the Antechamber. The two statues, almost identical except for eddie and catherine essay, their headgear, are made of wood, painted with black resin and overlaid with gold in parts. They depict the pharaoh, or rather the pharaoh's ka, in a striding pose and holding a mace in one hand and a long staff in the other. On the gilded triangular skirt, is written that this is the 'royal ka of Harakhty', the Osiris Nebkheprure, the Lord of the Two Lands, made just.

Two life-sized wooden statues intended to protect the luck club essays eternal rest of the Pharaoh. Tutankhamen's mask, made of solid gold, was placed directly upon the pharaoh's mummy, and had the function of magically protecting him. This beautiful object weighs 10 kg and is decorated with semiprecious stones (turquoise, cornelian and on egon, lapis lazuli) and coloured glass paste. The pharaoh is portrayed in a classical manner, with a ceremonial beard, a broad collar formed of twelve concentric row consisting of inlays of turquoise, lapis lazuli, cornelian and club book, amazonite. The traditional nemes headdress has yellow sripes of solid gold broken by bands of glass paste, coloured dark blue.

On the apa essay forehead of the mask are a royal uraeus and a vulture's head, symbols of the two tutelary deities of luck club essays Lower and Upper Egypt: Wadjet and Nekhbet. A very fine shabti of Tutankhamen, portrayed holding the heqa-sceptre and the nekhakha-flail, and essay irony, inscribed with a text from Chapter 6 of the Book of the Dead. This passage specifies the functions of these mummiform statuettes, made of wood, terracotta, faience or metal, and in the joy club some cases left in the tomb in their hundreds. The shabtis (a name that means 'answerers') were intended to work in the Afterlife in place of the deceased, who could command them by reciting a special spell. Research. In the New Kingdom especially the shabtis were considered as chattels, not unlike slaves.

In Tutankhamen's tomb, a staggering total of 413 shabtis was found, arranged in 26 coffers placed in the Annex and in the Treasury, but only 29 of them were inscribed with the text of the formula from the essays Book of the marking for extended Dead. With the canopic chest, as seen in fig 1, the theme of fours in Egyptian thought and ritual is the most conspicuously manifest. While the embalmed heart was returned to the chest of the deceased, the liver, lungs, stomach, and intestines were separately packaged, coffined, and stored. Each of these was then under the protection of one of the Sons of Horus, Imset (or Amset) for the liver, Hapi for the lungs, Duamutef for the joy book essays, the stomach, and Kebekhsenuf for the intestines. Stone canopic chests typically have four chambers for the four coffins, closed with four stoppers, which themselves are either in the form of four human or of one human and three animal heads. With Tutankhamon we are fortunate to have the further equipment of the essay gilt shrine and sledge for the canopic chest, and the four guardian goddesses who watch over the whole, each identified by a symbolic device on luck book, her head: Isis watching over the liver from the southwest, her sister Nephthys watching over the lungs from the northwest, Neith, the papers ancient goddess of Sais, watching over the stomach from the southeast, and the joy luck club essays, finally Serket, a scorpion goddess, watching over the intestines from the northeast. The figures of these goddesses are masterpieces of art, now available in endless reproductions. Tutankhamen's royal Golden Throne was found in reaction paper the Antechamber.

The throne was made of wood covered with sheet gold, and adorned with semiprecious stones and coloured glass paste. His wife, Queen Ankhesenamun, whose head is adorned with two tall plumes and a sun disk, stands before the pharaoh, languidly seated on a throne; the queen places one hand on his shoulder while in her other she proffers a vase of scented unguents. The rays of the sun god Aten shine upon the royal couple and endow them with vital energy. The influence of Amarna art and religious conceptions can be clearly seen in the sensitivity and naturalism of this scene. There was also a wooden shrine covered with thick gold foil, set on a wooden sledge encased with silver leaf, found in the joy club essays the Antechamber of the tomb. Originally it must have contained a gold statuette of the pharaoh, stolen during one of the marking for extended two episodes of book tomb-robbery which took place in antiquity.

The walls of the shrine are covered with scenes executed with exquisite craftsmanship depicting scenes of hunting and everyday life, featuring the pharaoh and his wife, Ankhesenamun. A ivory headrest, depicting the god Shu, the sat science papers ks2 god of air and breath, was found in the annex. It was there to ensure a supply of air for the sleeper (dead or alive). It was a symbol of resurrection, because it enabled the head to breath, by lifting it up from the prostrate position of death. There was also a pair of book essays wooden sandals, overlaid with marquetry veneer of bark, green leather and gold foil stucco. The sole was decorated with figures of Asiatics and Negroes where the king could trample on them. These shoes, however are very uncomfortable to wear and it seems they were constructed for the king to wear in his next life. A number of sat science lamps were found in the burial chamber, placed there for the King to use as he made his journey to the underworld. They were amazing works of art, decorated with detailed paintings of the king and queen.

This was also the resting place of the three coffins, and of course, the mummy. The mummy itself is an excellent example of the Egyptians belief in the after-life. The concept of mummification was practiced because of the belief that after death the soul would return to the body and give it life and breath. Household equipment and food were placed in the tomb to provide for a person's needs in the afterworld. The ceremony opening of the mouth was carried out by priests on both the mummy and the mummy case in the joy book essays order to prepare the deceased for the journey to essay schiele, the afterworld.

This was an elaborate ritual which involved purification, censing (burning incense), anointing and incantations, as well as touching the the joy club book mummy with ritual objects to restore the senses. Inside the bandages that wrapped the mummy, lay a number of different objects the King was supplied with for use in his after-life. He was supplied with a gold dagger and sheath to protect him during his journey to sat science papers ks2, the after-life, and 143 amulets and pieces of jewelry were scattered through the several layers of bandages that wrapped his corpse. In conclusion it is possible to say that Tutankhamen's tomb gave the modern world an excellent insight into the Egyptian's belief in the after-life. Both the tomb itself, and its contents, show how much importance the book essays Egyptians placed on the doctrine of Eternal life, and how strong their belief was that their King would be resurrected as a god. Thus, the tomb of Tutankhamen and its contents show that the Egyptian concern for the after-life, was very strong, and that they went to great lengths to ensure that the eternal life of their kings. Gardiner, Sir Alan. 1966 Eygpt of the Pharoahs. Great Britain: Oxford University Press. 1977 The Complete Pyramids, Solving the Ancient Mysteries. Great Britain: Thames and Hudson.

Chronology of the New Kingdom. Tombs of the Valley of the apa essay proposal Kings. Model tomb in the American Museum of Natural History. Manchester Metropolitan University's site on the Tomb of the joy luck club Menna. Philosophy of History. Philosophy of Religion (Copyright (c) 1997 Kelley L. Ross, Ph.D. All Rights Reserved) Gardiner, Sir Alan.

1966 Eygpt of the Pharoahs. Great Britain: Oxford University Press. 1977 The Complete Pyramids, Solving the Ancient Mysteries. Great Britain: Thames and Hudson. Chronology of the New Kingdom. Tombs of the Valley of the papers Kings. Model tomb in the American Museum of Natural History. Manchester Metropolitan University's site on the Tomb of Menna. Philosophy of the joy club History. Philosophy of Religion (Copyright (c) 1997 Kelley L. Ross, Ph.D.

All Rights Reserved) Word Count: 3279. Our writers are all Uni graduates able to work effectively on any level under time constraints. Well-versed in most subjects and citation styles, our writers have years of ghostwriting experience doing both academic and professional projects. Every paper is written from scratch based on your instructions and irony, there is no plagiarism of any kind. Plus, we guarantee free unlimited revisions. You will enjoy direct contact with the writer throughout the entire process and will receive the essays paper by e-mail/download.

The projects are never resold and apa essay proposal, will remain your unique property for a lifetime. The service is totally confidential and all client information is kept private. We guarantee that the paper will adequately meet your guidelines and be done by the deadline, otherwise we will give you your money back, if we fail (terms of club essays service apply).

Custom Paper Writing Service. Online Help for Writing Essays - The Joy Luck Club, Amy Tan - Essay -… - Bowdoin College

Type My Essay - Free joy luck club Essays and Papers -… - Bowdoin College

Case Study: BP Texas Refinery Essay. According to Lewicki, Saunders Minton (2003), adopting an unethical approach to negotiation in business can have serious consequences. A recent explosion at the British Petroleum (BP) Texas refinery on the joy luck club book 24 March, 2005 reiterated this and demonstrated the effect of an unethical approach to negotiation with the death of 15 contract workers. Ethical behaviour refers to the standards of conduct such as honesty, fairness, responsibility and trust. (Lewicki et al 2003) These standards are broadly applied and determine whether a course of action is right or wrong in sat science, a given situation. (Lewicki et al 2003) According to Es (1955), advocates of the ‘absolutist’ position hold a rigid view of the joy luck book essays what is essay schiele, right and wrong. In contrast, a ‘relativist’ approach would suggest ethical behaviour be contingent in club book essays, nature, therefore having no set definition of what is right and wrong. History is fraught with examples of unethical behaviour, from Nazi Germany of 1945 to recent atrocities in sat science ks2, the Balkans and the joy club, Rwanda. However, in those instances there was no negotiation involved.

There are also numerous examples of unethical behaviour adopted in negotiation that have occurred in modern society. These have ranged from large scale unethical business issues such as the recent BP Texas refinery’s failure on safety provisions; Patrick’s wharf workers incident and the Hardie’s asbestos compensation dispute; to smaller everyday unscrupulous business dealings. Research into ethics and negotiation is primarily focused towards examining the standard of truth. (Lewicki et al 2003) Attempting to define ‘truth’ raises a number of controversial issues. For example, ‘what constitutes a lie?’ and ‘are there situations where not telling the truth may be considered acceptable, or even necessary?’ (Lewicki et al 2003: pp.167) The inherent competitive nature of most negotiating situations would suggest a certain degree of deceptive behaviour was a necessary component of paper negotiating. (Friedman Shapiro 1995) Thus ethical negotiation becomes a question of distinguishing those behaviours which are deemed acceptable from the joy luck, those which are unacceptable. Negotiators need to be aware of the implications of their behaviour as failure to adhere to established ethical conventions may ultimately result in undesirable consequences. (Es, 1955) Ethics in Negotiation.

Given that information is a major source of essay on egon schiele power in negotiation it is not difficult to understand why negotiators may be attracted to deceptive behaviours. Ultimately the party who acquires information of the highest quality or uses it more persuasively will have a significant advantage over their opponent. (Lewicki et al 2003) By engaging in deceptive behaviour negotiators can manipulate information to the advantage of their own self-interest. (Es, 1955) For example negotiators often present inaccurate or misleading information in an attempt to alter their opponent’s perceptions, preferences and priorities. (Lewicki et. al. 2003) Other examples of deceptive behaviour include: bluffing, exaggerations and concealment. Lack of the joy essays responsibility for ones actions is a significant concern with respect to unethical behaviour in essay, negotiations. (Byrnes, 1987) It is quite often the luck club, case that negotiators will attempt to justify their use of relationship and catherine essay unethical behaviour by shifting the focus to the other party. For example a negotiator may perceive the other side to have adopted a competitive approach, therefore the use of unethical tactics is justified in their minds as a necessary defence mechanism. Other self-serving rationalisations include: the the joy, belief that the between, end justifies the means, it was unavoidable and the behaviour was appropriate to book essays the situation. (Lewicki et. al. 2003) Given the fact that most negotiations tend to incorporate elements of distributive bargaining it is generally accepted that some information will be concealed and exaggerated offers made. (Friedman Shapiro 1995) Even the most cooperative of negotiators will be reluctant to facilitate a completely trusting and honest negotiating environment. Negotiators need to find a suitable medium which communicates their integrity while maintaining a safe bargaining position. (Byrnes, 1987) The amount of information the parties are required to disclose will be contingent upon the situation. Unethical behaviour in negotiations can lead to both positive and negative outcomes. Ks2. (Lewicki et. The Joy. al., 2003) However, incentives for deception often create a serious moral tension resulting in unethical negotiators displaying signs of post negotiation guilt and discomfort. (Byrnes, 1987) By failing to adhere to established ethical conventions in negotiations, a party may find itself gaining an apa essay proposal, unfavorable reputation in the eyes of its constituencies, the club book, opposition and affected publics. (Lewicki et. al., 2003) According to apa essay proposal Byrnes (1987), this can in turn affect future relations between the parties as well as setting up a negative sentiment for the joy luck book essays future disputes and negotiations.

Case study: BP Texas Refinery. A recent accident at apa essay proposal, the BP Texas refinery provides us with an the joy, example of the potential ramifications of adopting an unethical stance in negotiation. According to Laredo Morning Times (2005), despite numerous criticisms by the American Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) of willfully violating safety rules and regulations, several fines and previous incidents which highlighted the plant’s safety inadequacies, BP maintained its hard line stance on workplace safety negotiations. Proposal. It was a decision which ultimately cost 15 contract workers their lives. The Texas City explosion was the luck club book essays, eighth time this decade a fatal accident had been reported at a BP-owned plant – and the third fatal accident in Texas City alone. Thus, this recent fatal accident again raises debate over the issue of ‘money versus morality’ and apa essay proposal, questions whether BP (given its recent poor track record, as described by Olsen (2005)) acted ethically when addressing safety concerns in negotiations with their workers. From a financial perspective, the Texas refinery is, according to the joy luck book Klinger (2005), BP’s biggest and the third-largest in chemical reaction research paper, the US. It processes 460,000 barrels of the joy club crude oil a day, enough to supply 3 per cent of saboteur essay America’s petrol demand. Club Book Essays. However, from a safety perspective, an analysis of industry statistics, news accounts and accident reports shows that, BP leads the U.S. refining industry in deaths over the past decade, with 22 fatalities since 1995 – more than a quarter of those killed in refineries across America.

Furthermore, compared to the company’s major U.S.-based peer, Exxon Mobil Corp, than 10 times as many people have died in BP refineries. Essay On Egon. (Jordan, 2005) The Texas City plant’s long history of safety problems failed to awaken company’s management into the joy club book essays making safety issues their primary focus. Despite, their valiant attempts in several previous workplace negotiations with BP, the union had been unable secure to better working conditions and reparations to work equipment. In the weeks before the accident at Texas City, the oil giant’s dismal record landed BP on an internal federal watch list of companies ‘indifferent’ to papers ks2 their legal obligations to protect employee safety because of a fatal explosion in Texas City in September 2004 that killed two pipe fitters and injured a third, when pressurized, superheated water was released from a 12-inch check valve. (Laredo Morning Times, 2005) The incident resulted in a $109,500 OSHA fine, including seven serious violations and a willful citation for failing to relieve trapped pressure within a pipe. The explosion happened in the ventilator stack that was being started up again following extensive maintenance. It resulted in 15 fatalities, while another 70 people were injured. The Joy Luck. In response to the incident, BP spokesman Hugh Depland insisted that BP makes safety a priority and that there have been “significant upgrades at Texas City” in recent years: “As a result of the previous incidents we’ve made a number of changes in proposal, safety – including increased safety reviews by all members of the the joy, leadership team, an enhanced safety team for all employees and creation of a full-time safety audit team.” (Olsen, 2005) According to Laredo Morning Times (2005), the problem could have occurred because BP officials might have focused too much on individual worker safety that they missed problems with overall system safety. Chemical. Whilst safety statistics may have improved because more workers were avoiding minor injuries, lurking problems, such as the outmoded ventilator stack that spewed liquid and gas before igniting, had been neglected. A good company would have investigated all accidents, incidents and near misses and said, “We’ll fix what we find, and we’ll follow it to completion.” (Olsen, 2005) In BP’s case, they found the problem years ago -the ventilator stack – but they never fixed it. The Joy Book. The fact that the Texas plant is BP’s biggest refinery, would lead to the assumption that it would have been receiving regular attention, but with such a poor safety record and constant fines, it’s obvious that the management is continuing to reaction paper sweep the issue under the rug.

The current searing oil prices on the US and global markets may have persuaded the management to adopt such an approach, purely in the joy club, the interests of chemical research profitability but that doesn’t make it condonable. The matter is currently under further investigation by the OSHA. The evidence presented by book essays, Olsen (2005) and Laredo Morning Times (2005) suggests that the repeated causes of marking accidents and deaths in BP refineries can be linked to a weak unionist movement within the workers at the refinery. The Joy. According to Jordan (2005), plant workers were represented by papers, the Paper, Allied-Industrial, Chemical and the joy essays, Energy Workers International Union (PACE), and, as mentioned above, failed to improve safety conditions for the workers. Essay. Statistically, as verified by the evidence that Olsen (2005) and Laredo Morning Times (2005) presented, the number of luck essays accidents and deaths at BP refineries continued to essay climb in recent history, and the union was prepared to take a much bolder stance to finally rectify the situation. A fierce negotiation between BP and the joy luck, its workers, which are mainly contractors, erupted at the Texas BP refinery several weeks before the fatal explosion occurred. Research Paper. According to Olsen (2005), the workers argued that they were working in an outdated temporary operating unit that had no warnings or evacuation procedures. Furthermore, as verified by Wheelwright (2003), the workers argued that their benefits as independent contractors do not cover compensation for workplace injuries. BP argued with the intention of book satisfying the worker’s requests for better occupational health and marking criteria for extended essay, safety measures, but according to Olsen (2005), seemed unwilling to spend too much time and resources to reinstall safety mechanisms and the joy luck club, procedures from sat science, bottom up.

The union representing the contractors working for BP was aware of BP’s poor safety record, and played hardball tactics, delivering a ridiculously harsh opening stance. Furthermore, the union was collaborating and forming allegiance with a third party company that reviews and reports the safety procedures and industrial hazards of a workplace. The union threatened to force an inspection of the poorest sections of the plant, and to release the information to the media. The union targeted the very heart of luck club essays this sensitive issue, using the criteria, poor safety record as evidence that BP has, according to Laredo Morning Times (2005) gotten it wrong all along and that it was time to completely overhaul their safety measures. According to the facts that Laredo Morning Times (2005) and Olsen (2005) presented, such as the accusations of BP willfully violating safety rules and club, procedures, delaying fixing problems and hiding investigation reports of previous accidents, it can be argued that BP had a habit of finding quick solutions in chemical reaction research paper, order to luck book essays satisfy workers and minimize disruption to the workplace. This was also evident in criteria for extended essay, their negotiation tactics.

Pushed into the corner by club book, the union’s harsh (but true) attacks, BP had no choice but to re-evaluate their stance on safety measures. This, according to Lewicki et. al. (2003) is one of the essay, consequences of the hardball tactic that the union employed. BP resorted to using what Lewicki et. al. (2003) classifies as unethical forms of bargaining. According to Olsen (2005), there was an luck club, initial report informing BP of the dangers of the temporary operating unit. However, BP chose to conceal that information from the union. The negotiators from BP waved off the allegations of hazardous work conditions as exaggerations on the workers’ behalf, and indicated that their reports showed no substantial evidence for any hazardous sites. Sat Science Ks2. Finally their closing offer was to book achieve an reaction, increased safety review by the joy club essays, all members of the leadership team by creating an enhanced safety team for all employees and by employing a full-time safety audit team. Unfortunately the establishment of these teams, according to Olsen (2005) and Laredo Morning Times (2005), was delayed and did not happen before the explosion that killed 15 people occurred.

Conclusions and Recommendations. As discussed in the earlier section on ethics, it can be argued that BP adopted an unethical approach to resolving the essay, dispute. Club Essays. They were involved in many of the features of an unethical dissolution, including bluffing, exaggerations and concealment. Essay. BP was focused on simply achieving the short-term outcome of minimizing disruption and satisfying the workers, and by this they demonstrated a strong belief in the ends justifying the means. While it can be argued that the book essays, negotiators from BP achieved this goal, it can be clearly seen that because of the lack of urgency and value they placed on their workers’ lives, the true outcome of the negotiation was disastrous. A recommendation extends from Byrnes’ (1987) work that was mentioned above. It involves achieving a positive sentiment when the parties sit down on marking for extended the negotiation table. Repeated incidents of the joy falsification and lies which cost lives will create an aura of schiele distrust which will lead to a disruption in the work force as well as hardball tactics being employed by the opposing party in future negotiations. Employing one of Walton McKersie’s (1965) key systems in negotiations called attitudinal structuring, which involves open and honest communications between parties and the sharing of safety reports and progress, can give the union confidence that BP will work to fix any hazardous environments in the workplace.

This understanding between the the joy, parties will also allow BP to target the aspects of occupational health and essay, safety that the workers truly value (instead of reports by Olsen (2005) indicating that BP was spending all their time just saying “don’t strain your back” and “don’t get dirt in luck club essays, your eyes”). This will help achieve their goal of gaining worker support and reducing the proposal, disruption to the workforce. This recommendation, of course, hinges on BP’s willingness to spend the resources to develop these programs. However if BP’s true intentions are to book essays improve their safety record and to decrease the sat science ks2, number of accidents and the joy luck club book essays, deaths at ks2, their plants, establishing an honest and reliable means of communication to the workers is the first step toward correcting their flawed past. University/College: University of Chicago. Type of paper: Thesis/Dissertation Chapter. Date: 22 July 2016. Let us write you a custom essay sample on Case Study: BP Texas Refinery. for only $16.38 $13.9/page. Haven't found the Essay You Want?

Get your custom essay sample. For Only $13.90/page. 3422 Old Capitol Trail, Suite 267, Wilminton, DE 19808, USA.