Date: 8.22.2017 / Article Rating: 5 / Votes: 4146
Www.grabmyessay.xyz #Apwh compare contrast essay rubric

Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Apwh compare contrast essay rubric

Write my essay Canada Research paper - apwh compare contrast essay rubric - Washington University in St. Louis

Dec/Tue/2017 | Uncategorized

Can Someone Do My College Homework For Me | Assignment Doer - Ap world history ccot essay rubric - University of Oregon

Dec 19, 2017 Apwh compare contrast essay rubric,

High Quality Custom Essay Writing Service - Compare/Contrast Grading Rubric AP World… pdf - Lasell College

art dealer resume seeking representation with commercial galleries, the search for exhibition opportunities, and. Apwh Contrast Essay Rubric! This section includes: Links to advice and critical in accounting information. The artist résumé conventions presented here are designed primarily for use with commercial galleries. While its length, one to four pages, is similar to contrast essay the short curriculum vitae, or short cv, it is not intended for essay, academic situations. Artis Joanne Mattera Art Blog: Marketing Mondays: The Résumé Guidance on apwh compare contrast, the structure and discipline home content of a standard Artists Résumé WRITING AN ARTIST RESUME By Margaret (Maggie) Brezden An artist resume is an absolute necessity for apwh compare, every professional artist. Testing Thinking Skills Principles! Although an artist bio may contain similar information it is presented in apwh contrast a different format than the me mary essay, artist resume.

Artist, Emerging: Writing an contrast essay rubric, Artist's Résumé Being an artist means not only definition essays, making your art but of course promoting your art. But some would argue that you're really promoting yourself. Apwh Contrast Essay! Regardless, you need to have a good resume. Docstoc - How to me mary photo essay write Your Artists Resume by apwh contrast rubric Annie Strack. Discipline Home School Essay! How to apwh essay Write a CV Resume for in accounting principles, an Artist. Apwh Rubric! The main difference between a CV and a standard résumé is that the CV is persuasive planning sheet much longer and apwh contrast more detailed. Standard résumé are typically no longer than one page, while CVs can be many pages long.

Getting a leg up | Robert Genn - The Painter's Keys. Considers the persuasive sheet, role of contrast, resumes for the non-credentialed artist in marry me mary photo relation to getting into apwh compare contrast essay art shows Writing for Artists: The Resumé: Formatting | The Artists Advisor. Of A Prompt! Your Résumé is the apwh compare contrast essay rubric, most important marker of thinking skills, your experience that you may have. Getting the apwh contrast essay, grammar absolutely perfect is a mark of your professionalism. This post will show you how to outline your résumé . What goes in what order. I will create a list Writing and critical thinking Formatting an Artistic Resume | ArtJob. Week 6: Get your paperwork in apwh compare contrast rubric order.

If you have ever submitted your artwork to urban nature an exhibition, gallery or contest, you probably already know that beyond your artwork, you are also 'responsible' for essay, providing specific paperwork relating to marry photo your artist How to Write a Resume, Part I | The Norwegian Artist. Writing a résumé doesn't have to be a moanfully dreadful task, but it will take work and thought. Regardless of compare, whether you are writing it for a specifically art-related event or for a job in wilds essays and stories about urban nature general, the apwh essay rubric, resume's central purpose is to definition essays tell a lot abo How to compare essay rubric Create an Artist Resume | Artpromotivate. Persuasive Planning Sheet! An artist resume is apwh compare rubric different from wilds essays and stories urban nature, a regular employment/work resume. A resume is valuable for apwh contrast essay rubric, applying for a grant, residency, art gallery show, and death of a salesman prompt more. Apwh Contrast Essay Rubric! It may also be attached to an art portfolio, and on your art website. 'Ask Harriete' on How to essay experience human marrow Write a Resume Looking for a Job. Essay Rubric! Here are suggested categories for wilds essays and stories about urban, a resume for an artist or maker.

Work on apwh contrast essay, your resume so that it is ready at city essays and stories about urban a moments notice. Rubric! This post includes suggested categories and the information that fits in each category. Ask Harriete: Resume and halloween essays CV. Professional advice, information, and the Professional Guidelines for compare rubric, artists, makers, and crafts community by definition essays Harriete Estel Berman. Apwh Contrast Rubric! Ingredients for persuasive essay planning, success - your resume. - Ask Harriete. First of all, many people use the term CV when they mean resume.

A CV should include everyone of your professional accomplishments. A Resume is the abridged information, in other words, a summary of your professional experience. Here are some suggest LOOKING for essay rubric, a JOB - The Year After School Step 1: Take a digital class. For Religion! - Ask Harriete. Compare Rubric! I recommend taking a class. Every employer out there will be looking for death of a prompt, a person to be well versed in current technologies. They want and need people to apwh compare contrast rubric do the things they can't do themselves because they haven't had time to testing thinking learn. A diversity of sk LOOKING for a JOB - Step 2: Facebook Privacy, Join LinkedIN - Ask Harriete. If you are looking for a job, clean up your Facebook profile immediately. If you want to save those photos of you drinking, hanging out essay rubric, with friends, Conga line dancing, etc. Essay! or photos of destination evenings, cats, or poodle pictures -- then change LOOKING for compare contrast rubric, a JOB - Step 3 WORK on Your RESUME - Ask Harriete. Work on your resume. That sounds so simple, but it takes some time and city urban nature repeated reviews.

Ask your friends and apwh compare contrast essay parents to persuasive sheet proof read and apwh contrast essay rubric critique each edit. Improve, edit, improve, edit, improve. This is true for seasoned professionals,too. LOOKING for a JOB - Step 4: Innovative Resume - Ask Harriete. Respect For Religion! Consider creating your resume live on apwh essay, line in Prezi or SlideShare for an eye catching and halloween definition job catching approach to a job. This might work for apwh contrast rubric, a graduate school application, residency application, internship, apprenticeship, or even as a studio assi How do I submit work to a gallery for marry me mary essay, view? - Ask Harriete. Apwh Compare Rubric! Interviewing for of a salesman ap essay, a video editor position (for my video in progress) has been an eye opening experience. Looking at contrast rubric 20+ resumes in less than 24 hours from persuasive essay sheet, one job posting has given me real insight to a successful reply. Take these nine suggestions and. Alyson Stanfield on rubric, developing a resume. 1) Start a file labelled Resume.

2) Drop into it anything and city urban everything that will one day appear on apwh compare contrast rubric, your resume: honors, awards, teaching, public collections. Listen in on death salesman prompt, this week's podcast-an audio version of the rubric, Art Marketing Action newsletter-Keep a Master Resume What to do with a gap in essay your artist resume | Art Biz Blog. Rubric! Comments on halloween definition essays, the 14 year gap in an artist's career and apwh compare essay rubric how best to persuasive planning tackle this is a resume Use Tables to Line Up Your Resume | Art Biz Blog. If you're using Microsoft Word to create your resume and apwh compare essay rubric are finding your columns out of photo essay, line, I suggest using the Tables feature. Tell the compare contrast essay, Story of Your Art Career on planning, Your Facebook Timeline | Art Biz Blog. Compare Rubric! Dust off your art résumé and city wilds essays and stories about put it to use with the new timeline on essay, your Facebook page. Halloween Definition Essays! Timelines on apwh compare essay rubric, business pages are a place for halloween essays, you to share the contrast, history of experience marrow, your art career. They're not for compare contrast rubric, you to tell your life story - that's for your personal Artist Bio vs. Artist Statement vs. About Page | Art Biz Blog.

Are you confused about the difference between your artist biography and artist statement? I'm here to help! Exhibition Records for experience marrow, Your Art | Art Biz Blog. It's much easier to record exhibition records as you go along rather than waiting for apwh essay rubric, some point in the future when you might have to halloween essays dig through files or boxes. Memories fade rather quickly. What Galleries and Art Dealers expect from an contrast, Artist Resume. Providing your name on halloween essays, your artist resume is deceptively straight-forward. Apwh Compare Contrast! I describe it that way because some artists make the marry me mary photo essay, mistake of using aliases.

You DON'T want to use an alias when submitting this information. What Art Dealers Expect From Your Artist Resume: Part 2 - your contact information | FineArtViews Bl. You need to think outside of the box when deciding on what information to provide on compare, your artist resume. Furthermore, you need to experience folklore human think about the implications of rubric, that information beyond the critical thinking skills in accounting principles, paper. Apwh Contrast Essay Rubric! What Art Dealers Expect From Your Artist Resume: Part 3 - your short biography | FineArtViews Blog b. . if an folklore marrow, artist is nervous about compare rubric, listing his or her age on the artist resume -- he or she will certainly be wary of listing Education depending on his or her educational background. Point blank -- those who did not attend a prestigious art school oft What Art Dealers Expect From Your Artist Resume: Part 5 - artist residencies (artist-in-residence) | The Artist Residencies heading can be extremely deceptive if you are not sure what exactly the city essays and stories urban, heading should detail. The following advice will give you an idea of compare rubric, what is expected from respect essay, art dealers. What Art Dealers Expect From Your Artist Resume: Part 6 -- Grants/Awards | FineArtViews Blog by essay rubric FASO. The next heading on your artist resume (based on what art dealers have told me over the years) should be dedicated to halloween grants and apwh awards. Halloween Definition! The Grants/Awards heading of your artist resume is self-explanatory -- this is apwh compare essay where you will list grants, fellow How do I submit work to a gallery for view? - Ask Harriete. This is part two of of a salesman, a four part series by Don Friedlich, Harriete Estel Berman and Andy Cooperman for contrast, artists and crafts people about submitting work to galleries and retail establishments.

Originally published on definition essays, Etsy's Storque. Generic advice about writing CVs and resumes. Essay! Here's the best way to improve your business plan or your resume: Have someone else write it. Find a friend of a friend, a document-buddy, someone who needs the same thing done for them, but not someone who is city wilds essays and stories urban a. Monster.co.uk - CV advice. Find CV Advice and other CVs Applications articles. Get your job advice from the contrast essay rubric, career experts at Monster. Respect For Religion Essay! Career advice from Monster.co.uk - free CV templates. Contrast! Find Free CV Templates and salesman other CVs Applications articles. Compare Contrast Essay Rubric! Get your job advice from the career experts at Monster. Respect Essay! Functional Chronological Resume Basics - Types of apwh compare contrast, Resumes - CVTips.com. Photo Essay! The basics that should go into compare a resume include a number of key points employers are interested in discipline school learning more about.

They include educational background, achievements, job experience and career goals. Resumes generally are designed to provide a sn Resume Format - CV Format Styles - CVTips.com. There are a wide variety of essay rubric, successful CV and marry me mary photo essay resume styles you can employ. Apwh Compare Contrast Essay Rubric! They vary depending on the circumstances of testing thinking principles, your desired position, industry and compare contrast personal style. There are a few basic styles of ap essay prompt, CVs and resumes, each appropriate for differen Prove It: It's Starts With Defining Who You Are| Lorelle on apwh essay, WordPress. Who are you on the web? How do you describe yourself? What words do you use to salesman ap essay prompt tell the contrast, world who you are, what you stand for or represent, what you do, how you do it, and why they should want to marry photo get to know you and apwh work with you?

How to Write a CV | The Careers Group | University of London. I’m referring to the words that show me a lack of effort, leadership or confidence and death of a prompt make me want to disqualify the applicant from consideration whenever I see them. Information on how to organize your Art resume in effective and apwh essay optimized manner. Wilds And Stories Urban Nature! Tips and guidelines on art resume are provided here GYST: Getting Your Sh*t Together: Sample Bios. Sample Bios - which are actually Sample Resumes! Peter Doig's Resume - described as a Biography by his gallery!

1) Content and compare contrast the law change all the definition, time. #8203;2) Given the compare, size and scope of this site I do NOT warrant that any information is complete and/or professional all links lead to the most current and marry me mary up to date information. Apwh Compare Essay! #8203;Links to persuasive essay planning books are Amazon Affiliate links. Compare Contrast! Buying a book via this website means I get a very small payment which helps to fund and home school essay maintain this website. . Contrast Rubric! I much appreciate any support your provide. Wilds Essays! Adverts are provided by compare essay rubric Google AdSense - but the adverts do not mean I endorse the advertiser.

Economic research papers - My Paper Writer - Hathaway, Mr / AP World History - University of Miami, Coral Gables, Florida

Apwh compare contrast essay rubric

Write My Paper Mla - Ap world essay rubric Common app essay… - Indiana University of Pennsylvania

How to Write Faster: 11 Steps - Essay rubric ap world history - Pennsylvania State University

Pen and Paper vs. Computer – Which Do You Use? There was a time when every notebook I used to buy I filled it up with words. Nothing but words. Apwh Compare Rubric! There were stories, information about sports I was interested in (at the discipline essay time) and a whole lot of other idiotic stuff. Whole pages and pages were drowned in words, and apwh compare essay, I used to love my notebooks. A year or two later however, we got a new computer. Marry Me Mary Photo! I improved my typing skills (and learned touch typing).

I also learned to use programs like Microsoft Word for writing. Henceforth I was using this almost exclusively for my writing. My notebooks, which were once so full that there wasn’t even space to apwh essay copy down a phone number, now were empty. Persuasive Planning! What happened? The thing that happened was that I had changed my writing medium from pen and paper to the computer . Of course, once upon a time this was the only option for anyone wanting to write (the computer is new, after all). But now it has its rival, a competitive rival. Has it lost its respect? Not at all. A lot of compare essay, people still write using pen and paper.

They say it’s faster, and that could be for you if you don’t know how to type fast. Death Of A Ap Essay! And writing with the hand is easier as well. Contrast Rubric! If you don’t know how to type properly, the city wilds nature fingers will first find it painful, whereas writing using the pen is contrast rubric, conventional and doesn’t add stress. This is a point to keep in mind. One good rule of thumb is to write shorter pieces (short stories, poems, essays etc) using pen and paper and marry me mary, longer pieces (novels, autobiographies, courses) on the computer. Fact : Many poets still write on paper. The older generation still writes on paper. Paper is not a thing to contrast rubric be ridiculed as a medium of writing. Do your fingers get tired by typing too much? Try pen and human, paper instead.

The computer was preceded by the typewriter, I know. But as so few people use typewriters these days I have to compare contrast rubric chosen to compare pen and respect for religion, paper with computer. Let’s see its benefits and disadvantages. It certainly has some benefits: It’s faster for those who are comfortable typing (e.g. when writing a novel) The finished work looks more professional due to formatting (when you use pen and paper you have to make sure that your handwriting is excellent and legible) It becomes possible to apwh compare rubric share documents on respect for religion essay, the internet and collaborate It becomes possible to publish it (on the compare contrast essay rubric Internet). But as usual, a thing which has advantages will also have disadvantages. In this case, they are:

Long hours of typing is bad for our body’s health: the fingers as well as the eyes get tired For those who can’t type comfortably writing on the computer is like swimming in an ocean The document loses the “personal touch.” For example when you have to prepare a project for your school then printing it out of the computer is not good because it loses your credibility (one can wonder, did he really write this?) Using pen and paper on the other hand, one doesn’t face this problem. So as you can see there are some strong points both for and against the computer and pen and paper. Persuasive Essay! Which should you use? There’s no right answer to this question. Compare Essay Rubric! Someone may feel comfortable typing for hours and someone may shudder at the thought of it. Someone will be happy with using pen and paper and someone will be discontent. Someone likes this and someone likes that. But you have to make your own decision for yourself. City Wilds And Stories Urban! Which do you feel comfortable using? Which is better for your situation?

Which is compare contrast essay, appropriate for your writing? Answer these questions and you will discover which writing medium you should use. A side note : Which do I use? Both. For longer pieces, the computer. For academic writing and shorter pieces, the good old pen and paper. These days I might use computer more, but I like both equally. Just my opinion.

I really wish I could setup a poll so you could vote, but it doesn’t matter; just tell what you use in respect, the comments. Do you like the computer more? Why? Is it because of increased efficiency or is it just because of necessity? Which is more comfortable according to you?

When you use one over the other, what reasons are there behind that? And the biggest: which do you use more? And I’ll be seeing you in the comments… Liked this post? That’s great. Why not leave a comment below so that we know what are your opinions? Idrees Patel is a college student who blogs about creative writing tips here at Writers’ Treasure . His hobbies include writing, reading, and browsing the web.

He’s a fan of typography, design, and apwh compare essay, technology, as well as possessing an marry me mary photo essay, interest in consumer electronics. Apwh Compare Contrast! Don’t forget to essay follow him on Twitter. “Pen and paper vs computer”, a timely topic to apwh compare contrast discuss. Here i’ll try to put my opinion which i prefer and why? I write poems in Hindi and Urdu, sometimes short stories also.

First i write on paper as it is easy,although my typing speed is far better, but still i feel writing,initially, using the conventional method is comfortable for me. While using pen and paper,we can edit the respect for religion essay written text very easily and at any place on the entire page, with some different ink. It also gives a sense of great satisfaction seeing your own handwritten articles on apwh compare essay rubric, the writing table. Of course, writing any long stories,official work,or any application, i prefer using my computers. At last i must say computer ‘s writing can be very useful,easy,colorful but it can never replace the writings using pen and paper. I agree with the comment. Keep commenting and death salesman prompt, thanks! I think pens and papers are near to be rare, most of apwh compare, people now prefer to use technological thing as tablets and computers to write all things in there minds. First of city wilds essays nature, all before I begin, this is an excellently written blog. ALSO I am part of the essay younger generation, whom represent and support the use of technology.

Personally I (and the rest of us) believe that technology is essay, far easier to use as most of us don’t really realize the apwh rubric beauty and practicality of pen and paper. We love collaborating with each other and creating online masterpieces, not to mention the fact that we also like social media a lot. Salesman! All in apwh compare contrast rubric, all technology does have its minus’s it is more practical for us and we enjoy technology a lot more. (Sorry about the quickly written comment.) I am from the younger generation (13) and I support pen and planning sheet, paper. Apwh Contrast Essay Rubric! There are studies that show you remember things better when they are HANDWRITTEN. Go Paper! So big M, you do NOT speak for all of us. Maybe you should whacth your facts, not everyone from the younger generation agrees with your absurd and arrogant comments about paper. Paper and pen are much more interesting then an old document by a computer.

Next time you speak for the rest of the younger generation you should whacth your FACTS, your WORDS, and most importantly who YOU speak FOR. #128545;#128545; Sharar Muir says. ” Using pen and respect for religion, paper on the other hand, one doesn’t face this problem.” one can plagiarize just as easy with a pen and pencil. Firstly, no abusive language, please. And secondly, I think you didn’t understand what I was trying to say.

There is such as a thing as recognizing handwriting, from which the teacher can quickly see who wrote this. As for compare essay, plagiarizing, that’s an essay experience, entirely different matter. Compare Contrast! Of course one can plagiarize just as easily with pens, but I’m not talking about the folklore marrow writing matter, I’m talking about actual writing (not researching), or putting pen down to apwh essay rubric paper. I almost always use pen and paper to write my drafts. I just find that my inspiration comes easier if I can write wherever I like, versus being stuck at the computer. (Plus, our computer is in the living room, so it definitely takes out the privacy factor). I do tweak my drafts, finalize them, on the computer though.

The spell check and quickness comes in handy. You wrote: “And writing with the hand is more easier as well.” “more easier” is extremely poor English. “Easier” already means “more easy”. Essentially, you’re saying “more more easy”, which is clearly wrong. Perhaps “easiest” is the word you’re looking for. Otherwise, it’s an excellent Blog.

Keep up the good work. Mistake corrected, thanks. School! Be sure to compare rubric point out more errors as well! Thanks for the nice comment, and best regards. Ironically, I am composing a speech ‘Pencils vs. Technology,’ and death of a salesman ap essay, ran across this blog.

For one, Webster only depicts “correct speech” and personally I believe its not the readers place to correct the writer. With that being said, creativity started with a pencil and paper. Apwh Essay Rubric! I feel that although typed works look professional, a pencil and paper gives the writer the experience marrow freedom and release needed that staring at a PC screen eliminates. As well as artists drawing pictures…a pencil(or pen) allows us to truely be ourselves rather than pre-determind conformity the PC suggests. An interesting discussion! Initially, I came to apwh compare essay this page looking for a way to wean myself of the marry laptop for writing. I know that I have become far too dependent on it: I’m writing something longer, and the desire to just write something overtakes me several times a day – but I don’t have the apwh compare laptop on me, and writing by hand simply feels weird. City Wilds! I know it’s probably (definitely) a matter of practice, but I’m too impatient and I want a short – cut #128512; So, to answer your question: I’m definitely more proficient when writing on the laptop, as my thought process is more naturally composed on the screen, but I wish this were not the compare case!

I find the laptop wonderful to death of a salesman use when I’m at home, but I hate being this dependent. Gah! Okay, so I write novels.Personally, I’m having a hard time figuring out what to choose between the two. I think it looks more professional if you use a computer to contrast write a novel, but then again, I sort of lose touch with my work when I spend my time on it too much. City Urban Nature! i recently got writer’s block because every time I want to write (or type), ideas don’t come in my head. I think i prefer using a pen and paper….but the debate in apwh compare essay, my head is,”Will it cause trouble for me later on in case I want to publish my novel?” Because my handwriting is really small! So frustrated over here…! #128577; Writing longhand is my preference but since publishers and the rest of the world prefers computers and keyboards there is not really a choice involved.

I prefer pen and paper because the process allows you to think. Prompt! Slow down. It’s more intimate and mobile. Sitting at a computer for long hours besides not being healthy, is boring. So I choose long hand to work out ideas, drafts, etc. The computer is for putting it all together. Apwh Compare! I will use paper and pen until they stop making them. I love your comment. I agree that it forces us to slow down and essay human marrow, really let our thoughts marinate before they are put into sentences. And I love that the paper can go anywhere you go, and is not awkward like a laptop is.

I, too, shall use pen and paper till they cease to rubric exist! I wanted to write my stories using the keyboard as my new medium. But I realized that I’m not really comfortable writing in the computer. So, I strolled in the internet to find such discussions about pens vs. keyboards article. I did not just want to find things all about the keyboard and pens but because I’ve been wondering which is more efficient to city essays nature use. Then, I stumbled into this blog which I found informative, about apwh, which is which. City Wilds Essays About Nature! I’m just having a little more trouble about typing my stories to the computer for compare, a professional-looking copy, since I’m not really good with typing. For me, writing with pen is more comfortable than writing in the computer. It makes me feel that it’s more of me when I write than type. But when it comes to paper works regarding school, I usually just type for a good presentation. I always use pen and paper, because if I write at the computer I lose my creativity, though I grew up with computers (I’m 16).

I think everyone here knows what it’s like to persuasive sheet have an idea an rubric, mind and it develops into something bigger while you are writing it; this doesn’t happen when I’m writing on the computer, so I always have to write it on the computer again, when I want to publish it. In my opinion it is also very important to feel connected with your work and I like my notebooks to death prompt be untidy and at apwh some points are only readable to me, so it really belongs to me. To sum up, I always use pen and paper for of a ap essay, writing, but I copy it onto the computer when I’m done, so I don’t have to worry about compare contrast, my handwriting and I can put it online. I prefer pen and paper. Respect! I have always felt an intiment closeness to my writing, almost like mother and child. Apwh Essay! And for marrow, some insane reason I like to keep them “protected” in my spiral notebooks until I’m ready to type and compare essay rubric, polish them to “meet” another reader.

I find this comparison somewhat nostalgic…maybe even a little naive to make out right. I see this when I start looking at planning your negatives for typing and compare contrast essay rubric, realize they go both ways: “Long hours of typing is marry me mary photo, bad for our body’s health: the fingers as well as the contrast eyes get tired” – The same can be said for sitting and writing by hand. There is a small difference in marry me mary photo essay, the light and I concede that looking at compare contrast a screen versus looking at paper is harder for some people. Fingers though…in typing, its up down motion which can be built up easier than swirling motions and quick lines that require more muscles in our hands and fingers to accomplish. Type one page, then write one page. The writing will hands down for any human being be more tiring on the body because the motions. I completely disagree with your point on this.

“For those who can’t type comfortably writing on the computer is like swimming in an ocean” – For those that type mainly, writing by discipline home essay hand can be just as daunting. Consider the motions again…from the apwh contrast physical aspect, typing is much easier with similar motions that strike and release while writing is photo essay, grip and apwh compare contrast essay, motion…making it constant and more physical by nature. Add in the loss of convenient tools like spell checkers and essay planning sheet, the like, and even the mental aspect of learning key placement is less harsh then trying to learn how to apwh essay not use spelling checks and persuasive planning sheet, a thesaurus. Using hard resources when hand writing certainly equates to more motion and searching…making the whole process longer and more tedious. “The document loses the “personal touch.” For example when you have to prepare a project for your school then printing it out apwh compare essay rubric, of the computer is not good because it loses your credibility (one can wonder, did he really write this?) Using pen and paper on the other hand, one doesn’t face this problem.” – I get what you mean here. Its just not of any concern these days.

In almost any school (well, college), papers are run through a plagiarism check and in marrow, almost ALL cases, handwritten papers are not even accepted. This comparison, its just like saying, “Should I write out the math problem and apwh compare essay, do the work on the paper, or enter the data into of a salesman ap essay, a calculator.” If you know how to add, then a calculator helps immensely to speed things up and contrast rubric, let the user focus on the issues, not the medium. If you do not know how to add, using a calculator can be detrimental to some one’s understanding of arithmetic. So, if someone can type…typing saves time and allows more focus on respect, the work/story/paper in any sense, even small short stories. Handwriting is not something to apwh compare throw out urban nature, though either…just like the calculator and understanding math, if you lose your computer can you still write? Understand how to compare contrast rubric write and type…that truly is the best answer. In any case you can type, do it. If typing is not an of a salesman ap essay prompt, option, then write by hand. However, if the person’s preference is to contrast rubric write by hand…go for it.

Understand though that two people thinking at the same rate cannot work at home school the same rate if one is typing while the other writes….its just not possible (unless the compare contrast person typing is very very bad.) Nice detailed comment, I appreciate this more than a hastily written “Great, thanks!” even if it contains criticism. Your points are valid of course, and the conclusion of the article (note that it was written a number of years ago) does state that today, typing is essay, more comfortable than writing, but there are specific use cases for both. For e.g. Contrast Rubric! I write all articles on the keyboard of course but funnily enough all examination papers by hand (because that’s how the system works). You raised the point that handwritten papers are not accepted and a plagiarism check is run before submission in experience human marrow, school – it’s interesting to know, because here in compare rubric, India we have exactly the opposite situation. Marry Essay! If I submit a completely original, printed article it will be rejected on first sight, and on the other hand if somebody submits a plagiarised, handwritten article it’s sure to be accepted. Contrast Rubric! It’s a cultural and me mary essay, technological difference.

Daniel Crain says. I’ve recently decided to put the computer down when it comes to writing. I know some people are very good at staring at a computer screen and typing but I like to contrast essay write. I find myself losing myself in essay experience folklore marrow, writing instead of apwh contrast essay, staring at a computer screen. Eventually I will put it on the computer but I have to write it first because I lose all creativity when on the computer plus I’m a gamer and marry photo, that adds onto apwh compare rubric the distraction. Therefore I’m going to sit down, grab a notebook and city wilds essays about nature, write. I will use the computer for note taking. It seems I’m good at doing that. I like to hand-write. I have to think that much harder about the language I’m using and somehow I find it a better medium for conveying thought and emotion.

Great post! I’m just getting started on my blog (and book hopefully). I still very much enjoy writing my notes, ideas and blurbs in apwh essay rubric, a specific notebook, there is just something to paper and pen that I still absolutely love. I also find that I can add new ideas, elaborate on more topics and clean up my writing when I start to type up what I have already written down. Jenna Smith says. This was very helpful because I always write on the computer due to respect easily accessible thesaurus and spelling/grammar checks. But I ordered a great notepad and can now write my stories without staring at a blindingly white page through Microsoft word.

Great article! Anthony Rodrigues says. I still prefer the good old type-writer. Agreed, it doesn’t have the technical prowess of a computer, nor the original flow of a guided pen, but it does stand its ground in terms of emotional content. I believe the mechanical sound, the deep alphabetical impressions made on apwh compare contrast essay rubric, the paper, the use of all your fingers as compared to the pen; the need to be careful while u strike; all of these addup to assist those creative juices within the brain to home school flow, in-return helping you achieve that beautiful write up…. so back to the point, online work– the computer. examinations– The pen and hobby/creative writing its the Type writer. Great post! I’m just getting started on compare essay, my blog (and book hopefully). I still very much enjoy writing my notes, ideas and blurbs in city essays and stories urban, a specific notebook, there is compare rubric, just something to respect for religion essay paper and apwh compare essay rubric, pen that I still absolutely love.

I also find that I can add new ideas, elaborate on more topics and clean up my writing when I start to type up what I have already written down. dahszil dahszil says. Clifford Stoll mathematician, helped develop the original internet, and has a PhD in marry photo, Astronomy once said in a public talk at the Commonwealth Club of California said(not verbatim) : I use computer, type writer, and pen and pad. When i use a word document on apwh contrast essay rubric, the pc i type lots and lots of words(and I have to wilds essays and stories about urban do a lot of editing and revising). When I use a type writer my writing has to be “tight and crisp”, clear and concise. Apwh Contrast Rubric! When I use pencil or pen and pad it is best for expressing myself in for religion essay, writing, its best to compare write to friends, and pen and pencil for me(stoll) is best for writing stories real or fiction….. some of Stoll’s books.

Clifford Stoll (1989). Urban Nature! The Cuckoo’s Egg. New York: Doubleday. ISBN 0-370-31433-6. Clifford Stoll (1995). Silicon Snake Oil — Second thoughts on the information highway. ISBN 0-330-34442-0. Clifford Stoll (2000). High-Tech Heretic: Reflections of a Computer Contrarian.

I think one should use whatever is more natural and keep in mind we are writing not talking. What does writing mean? Please don’t try to answer this question. Pen on compare contrast, paper gives you inspiration. You are closer to what you write. Any artificial medium takes away your personality, your inspiration, you are not you. You have to use whatever is more natural. Of course, some of the new generation folks, don’t know how to write at essay planning hand very well and writing at hand is not second nature. Then use whatever is easier. Let’s look at apwh contrast talking. It’s easy because was learned it early on and became natural to all of us.

If handwriting was the first way one learned writing and became natural, done without thinking nor effort, then pen on city wilds essays and stories nature, paper is best. if typing is effortless and natural and first habit learned, before writing with a pen, then yep use the pc. I personally wrote on contrast essay rubric, pc and found even a faster I thought better way; dictation. However typing was unnatural, talking was unnatural, very different from writing language. I went back to essay folklore marrow use pen on contrast rubric, paper and suddenly I gained inspiration, I write slower than on pc, but have time to think, it’s the way I learned writing when I was little. Look at what you produce. make some tests. You will see that writing on paper, typing, dictating, each produces a different language. Yep, so you choose whichever you can do better. Try them all and essay marrow, compare the results. Try them all and see whichever you like physically. What your body likes.

Are you comfortable sitting in compare rubric, front of the essay folklore human pc, fine, are you comfortable talking on a microphone? Is there the same quality on the microphone? Do you like notebooks and the calligraphy? About speed, I personally found there is not much difference between the ways you throw words in a document, pen, typing or dictation. Yep, don’t get me wrong. When you have something to say, all are fast, when you have nothing to say, what does it matter? It’s an open question and I don’t think there is a one answer to it. Do some tests to see what’s best for you. Thinking about this over and over essay rubric again, I think having something to say makes you comfortable in whoever medium.

Having nothing to marry me mary say will oscilate you between the ways you write. Not because pen is better that typing or dictation, just because you don’t write every day and you have not much to say. Write every day a lot and how you do it won’t matter much. Just do it. So my conclusion is compare rubric, that writers write, non-writers discuss how to write. All the best and apologies if I said something wrong. Nevertheless, I like pen on paper. am addicted to it. David Christensen says. I have spent six years writing a historical novel which I still love creating. The more I use a laptop however, the of a salesman ap essay more frustrated I become. The only thing I like is the neatness of the apwh compare essay font.

The thing I hate is placing a soulless mechanism between me and what I write. Even with new laptops and printers there is discipline school essay, often some electronic impediment I don’t know how to fix. I think back to university days when I hand wrote sixty- page essays and two theses on different coloured stacks of beautiful paper – white for draft one, green for two, and glorious orange for compare essay, the final. Marry Me Mary! The departmental secretary removed errors of spacing and punctuation with an contrast essay rubric, immaculate eye. In ten days the work was edited, printed and bound within the for religion university. My computer written book however, is a model of alienation – a dilution of compare essay, soul perhaps, which may have entered the blood of the essay sheet writing . It is the work of a creative writer who is apwh compare contrast essay, also a Luddite. The novel has taken four times longer than it should have, and if I write a sequel, it will be by hand. For Religion! I never forget that the compare contrast essay greatest works in me mary photo, human history were handwritten also. Thank you for reading, and listening between the apwh compare contrast rubric words. I agree with you about how using pen and photo, paper is compare rubric, still efficient. For Religion Essay! I also write faster than I type, and I remember things better when I write it down.

I like how you said that that it’s not painful to hold a pen like it may be typing. My husband uses pens a lot in our home when he works, so we are considering quality Porsche design pens to help him write more efficiently. […] a different writing medium. Another big one! There are primarily two writing mediums: pen and paper and the computer. Rubric! So if you’re tired of writing on the keyboard, think as if it never existed and take out your […] […] rapidly modernizing world, I think that computers win out. There’s a host of arguments on respect, both sides, as writers choose sides between nostalgia and modernity, but ultimately it comes down to personal […] […] Pen and Paper Vs. Essay Rubric! Computer – Which Do You Use? […] […] your writing medium is the keyboard (typing), though, it gets difficult. Imagine you are hunting and pecking your way across the keyboard with […] […] Here is another comparison between using pen and paper Vs Computer. Marry Photo! […]

Treasure Trove – the Writers’ Treasure Newsletter. Subscribe for free and get all future articles + exclusive content delivered straight to your email inbox. Idrees Patel is a college student who enjoys reading, writing, browsing the web, tinkering with consumer electronics and compare contrast rubric, more. He is currently studying for a bachelor's degree in management, living in essay sheet, India. Do you want to write for Writers' Treasure ? I accept guest articles for potential publication, but I will only publish the apwh compare essay best of the best, the ones that are extremely high quality.

You receive a link back to your website and exposure on a growing writing community. Sounds like a deal? Read the guest article guidelines » Copyright #x000A9; 2017 Writers' Treasure - All Rights Reserved.

Buy An Essay Online - Compare/Contrast Grading Rubric AP World… pdf - Brown University, Providence, RI

Buy Essay Without Getting Caught - Ap world history ccot essay rubric - Harvard University

Tips for contrast essay rubric, Academic Writing and experience folklore human, Other Formal Writing. It is a long list. People have a lot of problems. Some of the compare rubric, items sound picky or trivial, even to photo essay me. Yet bad grammar, bad style, and poor organization will make it very difficult for compare, you to convey your ideas clearly and professionally, and will limit your academic and professional success. I strongly recommend that you work to eliminate any of essays urban nature these problems that may apply to your own writing. -- Dr. Compare Essay! James A. City Wilds Urban Nature! Bednar.

Rules for apwh compare contrast rubric, formal writing are quite strict, though often unstated. Salesman Ap Essay! Formal writing is used in academic and scientific settings whenever you want to convey your ideas to a wide audience, with many possible backgrounds and assumptions. Unlike casual conversation or emails to friends, formal writing needs to compare be clear, unambiguous, literal, and well structured. Formal writing is not just dictated conversation In general, it is inappropriate simply to write as you would speak. In conversation, the listener can ask for clarification or elaboration easily, and respect for religion, thus the speaker can use imprecise language, ramble from topic to topic freely, and so on.

Formal writing must instead stand on its own, conveying the author's thesis clearly through words alone. As a result, formal writing requires substantial effort to construct meaningful sentences, paragraphs, and arguments relevant to a well-defined thesis. The best formal writing will be difficult to write but very easy to compare rubric read. The author's time and effort spent on writing will be repaid with the time and effort saved by the (many) readers. Make your thesis obvious throughout An essay, article, or report should have one main topic (the thesis) that is clearly evident in the introduction and city wilds essays and stories nature, conclusion. Of course, the thesis may itself be a conjunction or a contrast between two items, but it must still be expressible as a single, coherent point.

In a short essay, the main point should usually conclude the contrast essay rubric, introductory paragraph. In a longer essay, the main point generally concludes the introductory section. The reader should never be in any doubt about what your thesis is; whenever you think it might not be absolutely obvious, remind the me mary photo essay, reader again. When in doubt, use the recipe: introduce, expand/justify, conclude Paragraphs, subsections, sections, chapters, and books all use the same structure: first make the topic clear, then expand upon it, and finally sum up, tying everything back to apwh compare essay the topic. At each level, you need to city essays urban nature tell the reader what you will be trying to say (in this paragraph, section, etc.), then you need to apwh contrast cover all the relevant material, clearly relating it to your stated point, and discipline school essay, finally you need to tie the subtopics together so that they do indeed add up to establish the point that you promised. Stay on topic Everything in your document should be related clearly to your main thesis. You can write other papers later for anything else you might want to apwh contrast essay say. The reason your reader is reading this particular paper of yours is that he or she wants to salesman prompt know about apwh compare rubric, your main topic, not simply about everything you might want to say (unless for some narcissistic reason everything you might want to say is your clearly stated main topic). Conversely, there is essay planning sheet no need to contrast bring up items simply because they relate to your main topic, if you do not have anything to essays and stories urban say about them.

If you do bring something up, say something important about it! Staying on topic does not mean being one sided To avoid being misleading, you will often need to acknowledge some weaknesses in your argument or discuss some merits of an opposing argument. It is apwh essay rubric quite appropriate to essays and stories about discuss such opposing views when they are relevant, i.e., when they relate directly to the main topic of your paper. For instance, if you are reviewing a paper and arguing that it was not written well overall, it is usually a good idea to point out the few things that were done well, e.g. Compare! so that the reader does not get the respect for religion, impression that you just like to complain :-) . Often such opposing observations fit well just after the introduction, providing a background for the rest of compare contrast rubric your arguments that follow. Whenever you do include such material, i.e. things that go in the direction opposite to your main thesis, be careful to marry essay put it into essay only a few well-defined places, reorganizing your argument to achieve that when necessary. Essay! Jumping back and forth will confuse the compare, reader unnecessarily.

In every case, try to make your point as clearly as possible, while at the same time not overstating it and not pretending that no other valid viewpoints exist. Transitions are difficult but very important Each sentence in essay your document should follow smoothly from the preceding sentence, and each paragraph should follow smoothly from the compare, preceding paragraph. Persuasive Essay Sheet! The world is apwh contrast essay rubric arguably an me mary photo essay unstructured jumble of ideas, but anything that you expect the reader to rubric read from start to essays finish needs to be a linear progression along one single path. Transition words and phrases are what make it possible for a reader to follow you easily as you explore the various ideas in your paper. Apwh Contrast Rubric! Without good transitions, the reader will end up backtracking repeatedly, which will often cause your point to be lost or your paper to be tossed aside altogether. One clue that your writing needs better transitions is if you find that you can cut and paste paragraphs from one section to another without doing substantial rewriting of how the paragraph begins and ends.

If making such rearrangements is easy, then you have not been linking your paragraphs into a coherent narrative that reads well from home start to compare essay finish. In practice, making smooth transitions is very difficult. Wilds About Urban! Learning to do it takes a lot of practice at first, and actually making the transitions smooth takes a lot of effort every time you write or revise something. One rule of thumb is apwh that whenever you switch topics, you should try to provide a verbal clue that you are doing so, using transitions like However, . , As a result, . , For comparison, , etc. If you notice that you have to add these words between most of your sentences, not just the persuasive essay planning, paragraphs, then you are bouncing around too much. In that case you need to reorganize your document to apwh compare essay rubric group related thoughts together, switching topics only when necessary.

Once the organization is good, all you can do is read and reread what you write, rewording it until each new item follows easily from those before it. Write what you mean, mean what you write Speakers use many informal, colloquial phrases in casual conversation, usually intending to convey meanings other than what the words literally indicate. For instance, we often speak informally of going the extra mile, at the end of the and stories urban, day, hard facts, things being crystal clear or pretty convincing, someone sticking to a topic, readers being turned off, something really being the case, etc. Contrast! Avoid such imprecise writing in formal prose -- whenever possible, the words you write should literally mean exactly what they say. If there were no miles involved, do not write of extra ones; if there was no crystal, do not write about its clarity. Among other benefits, avoiding such informal language will ensure that your meaning is obvious even to those who have not learned the currently popular idioms, such as those for whom English is a second language and those who might read your writing years from discipline school now or in apwh compare contrast essay rubric another part of the world. Discipline Home Essay! Formal writing should be clear to as many people as possible, and its meaning should not depend on the whims of your local dialect of English. It is compare essay rubric a permanent and persuasive planning, public record of your ideas, and should mean precisely what you have written. Avoid redundancy Unfortunately, specifying minimum page requirements encourages redundancy, but please try to apwh contrast essay avoid that temptation. When two words will do, there is no need to use twenty. Whenever you finish a sentence or paragraph, read over it to see if any words or sentences can be eliminated -- often your point will get much stronger when you do so.

In the academic community, your ability to write concisely is far more important than your ability to fill up a page with text. Academic courses specify page minimums to respect essay ensure that you write an apwh essay rubric essay of the persuasive planning, appropriate depth, not to test whether you can say the same thing a dozen different ways just to apwh contrast rubric fill up space. In the real world, you will see many more page maximum specifications than page minimums. Be professional and school, diplomatic When writing about another's work, always write as if your subject may read your document. Your essays for a course assignment will probably not be published, but genuine scientific writing will be, and the subject of your paper may very well come across your work eventually. Apwh Compare Contrast Essay! Thus it is crucial to avoid pejorative, insulting, and offensive terms like attempt to, a waste of time, pointless, etc. If some of the essays I have seen were read out discipline school essay, loud to apwh the author under discussion, a fistfight would probably result. At the very least, you would have made an city essays urban enemy for life, which is compare contrast rubric rarely a good idea. In any case, your points will be much more convincing if you can disagree professionally and salesman ap essay, diplomatically, without attacking the author or implying that he or she is an contrast essay imbecile.

And, finally, no one will publish your work if it is just a diatribe and not a sober, reasoned argument. To avoid these sorts of problems, it might be good to pretend that you are the author under discussion and re-read your essay through his or her eyes. It should be straightforward to figure out which parts would make you defensive or angry, and you can then reword those. Avoid imperative voice Use imperative voice sparingly in essay folklore marrow a scientific paper, because it comes across as rude (as do many of the sentences in what you are reading right now!). Rubric! E.g. do not say Recall that . Death Of A Ap Essay Prompt! . Compare! Of course, an occasional imperative in parentheses is not objectionable (e.g. (see Walker 1996 for marry essay, more details).). A formal document needs to contrast essay rubric be structured at discipline home all levels, whether or not the structure is made explicit using section labels or other visible clues. Overall structure The standard format for an effective essay or article is to: (1) present a coherent thesis in the introduction, (2) try your hardest to compare contrast essay rubric convince the reader of your thesis in the body of the paper, and (3) restate the thesis in the conclusion so that the reader remains quite sure what your thesis is, and so that the reader can decide whether he or she was convinced. Using any other format for a formal article is almost invariably a bad idea. The introduction and conclusions do not always need to marry me mary essay be labeled as such, but they need to be there. Note that an abstract is contrast no substitute for an introduction; abstracts act as an independent miniature version of the article, not part of the introduction.

Each paragraph is one relevant sub-topic Each paragraph in a document should have one topic that is clearly evident early in the paragraph. Marry Photo Essay! Every paragraph should have a clear relationship to the main topic of your document; if not, either the paragraph should be eliminated, or the main topic should be revised. Use complete sentences Except in extraordinary circumstances, sentences in the main text must be complete, i.e., they must have a subject and compare, a verb, so that they express an entire thought, not just a fragment or the discipline home school, beginning of a thought. Note that most -ing words are not verbs. The light turning green is just a fragment, i.e., a start to a sentence or a part of one. To be a sentence that you could use on its own followed by a period, it would have to essay be The light turned green, which has both a subject and a verb. Put appropriate punctuation between sentences. Two complete sentences can be divided with a period, question mark, or exclamation point, or they can be weakly connected as clauses with a semicolon.

However, they can never be connected with a comma in formal writing! To see if your writing has this problem, consider each of your commas in turn. If you could replace the comma with a period, leaving two complete, meaningful sentences, then that comma is an error -- a comma can never be used like that! Instead, replace the discipline home essay, comma with a semicolon, in case you have two sentences that need to be linked in some generic way, or make the linkage explicit with a conjunction, or simply use a period, to leave two complete and independent sentences. Section titles Section titles for an article should say exactly and succinctly what the reader will get out of that section. Apwh Compare Contrast Essay Rubric! In most relatively short documents, using a standard set of section titles is best so that people can scan through your document quickly. Essay Sheet! Section standards vary in different fields, but a common set is: Introduction, Background, Methods (for an experimental paper) or Architecture (for a modeling paper), Discussion, Future Work (often merged with Discussion), and Conclusion. If you do not use the standard titles, e.g. Compare Contrast Rubric! if you have labeled lower-level subsections, you should be quite explicit about what is in that section. Such labels should make sense to someone who has not yet read that section, and make it clear why they should read it. School Essay! For instance, a section about apwh contrast, adding a second eye to a simulation of single-eye vision could truthfully be called Multiple eyes, but that title is meaningless to someone scanning the respect for religion, document.

Instead, it should be something like Extending the apwh contrast essay rubric, model to explain stereo vision whose meaning will be clear to the type of person likely to be reading the paper. Everything important goes in your introduction and conclusion Everyone who looks at your paper will at least skim the persuasive planning sheet, introduction and compare contrast, conclusion, and those who read it in depth will remember those two sections the photo essay, best. So make sure that your most important points are quite prominent and unmissable in those sections. Say it, never just say that you will say it In the introduction, conclusion, and abstract (if any), do not merely describe what you are going to say or have said; actually say it! For instance, do not just state that I will discuss and evaluate this paper if you will later argue that (for example) it is not convincing.

Instead state that the paper is apwh compare contrast unconvincing, and of a ap essay prompt, (in brief) why you believe that to be the contrast, case. Then you can elaborate on that point in subsequent paragraphs. Subsections If you have sections 1, 1.1, and city essays and stories about urban nature, 1.2, there must be introductory material between 1 and compare rubric, 1.1 that explains briefly what is in the subsections, mentioned in the order of the subsections. Experience! That is, 1.1 should never follow just after 1 without some intervening text. If you have 1.1, there must always be a 1.2; otherwise 1 and 1.1 should be merged. Each 1.x subsection should end with a concluding statement of apwh contrast what has been established in that subsection, wrapping things up before moving on to the next subsection. Figure captions Different communities have different expectations on what to planning sheet put into contrast rubric figure captions. Some journals, like Science , have very long captions, which are meant to be readable independently of the main article. Discipline School! That way, readers can skim articles and only look at interesting figures, before deciding whether to read the whole article. In such cases, you must ensure that all of the main points of the figure are also mentioned in the text of the article, so that someone reading the article straight through will not miss them.

Other journals and other publications like books, theses, and proposals tend to compare contrast rubric have very little in the caption, with the city and stories about, figures being understandable only when reading the contrast, main text. Even in such cases, I myself prefer to marry me mary put all the graphical details like the dotted line represents in the caption, plus enough context so that the import of the figure is clear. Contrast! You are welcome to have your own preferences, but you should be aware of what you are trying to essay human marrow achieve, i.e. whether you want the caption to be readable on its own. Try hard to avoid ambiguous references Conversation is replete with ambiguous words like this, these, his, it, they, etc. These words have no meaning in essay rubric themselves, but in wilds and stories about conversation the meaning is usually clear from the context. Apwh Compare Contrast! In written text, however, the intended meaning is quite often not evident to the reader, because there are e.g. many possible interpretations of it and this. It is a good idea to city wilds and stories about urban nature read over compare contrast rubric, anything you write, searching for this sort of word. For each instance, first ask yourself To what specific item does this term refer?.

For such a reference to make sense, the object, person, or concept must have been explicitly mentioned just prior to your reference. Often you will find that it or they refers to something vague that was not even discussed explicitly in persuasive essay planning your paper, in compare contrast essay which case you should reword your text entirely. Even if the essay planning sheet, item to which you refer is explicitly mentioned in your paper, ask yourself whether there is any chance that the reader might not know to which of contrast rubric several items you might be referring. E.g. for the word he, were there two or three people being discussed? If so then state the actual name of each; he would be ambiguous. Often an persuasive planning sheet ambiguous this or these can be disambiguated by adding a noun that specifies precisely the type of object or concept to which you are referring. For instance, this argument or this paper is less confusing than simply this. That is, do not use this followed directly by a verb phrase, but you can use this before a noun phrase, as in apwh compare contrast essay this sentence is of a prompt a good example of the use of the word 'this'.

Watch out for compare contrast essay, homonyms Spell checkers are wonderful, but they are absolutely useless for detecting misused homonyms or near-homonyms, i.e., actual words whose meaning is confused with other actual words. As a result, homonyms are probably the salesman prompt, most common spelling errors in word-processed text. Even if you are lazy and let the spell checker fix all of your other words, make certain that you know the differences between words like: If you do not know the contrast rubric, difference, you must simply avoid using any of these words. Yet because the spell checker takes care of discipline home all the other words you may misspell, learning to use these few words correctly is surely not much of a burden, and is crucial for convincing your readers that you are competent and trustworthy. Avoid comprise Apparently the word comprise has now been used incorrectly so many times to mean compose that this usage is now becoming acceptable. But it is much safer simply to avoid comprise altogether, as anyone who does know what it started out meaning will be annoyed when you use it to mean compose. But and however are not interchangeable The words but and however have similar meanings, but they are not interchangeable. If you take a grammatically correct sentence containing but and replace it with however, or vice versa, the result will almost always be incorrect, mainly because of apwh compare essay rubric comma punctuation. I like oranges, but I do not like tangerines. I like oranges.

However, I do not like tangerines. I like oranges; however, I do not like tangerines. I, however, do not like grapefruits. I like oranges however they have been prepared. If you exchange any of these buts and howevers, then the sentences would become incorrect, and in some cases meaningless. A point is a single item The word point can only be used for a single, atomic item. Thus it is not appropriate to marry photo essay discuss a sub-point, part of compare a point, the first half of a point, etc.

Instead use topic or section, etc. A research There is no noun phrase a research in English. Use a study or just research, never a research. Nature! Similarly, there is no separate plural form of compare contrast rubric research; researches is an English verb, not a noun. Avoid capitalization When in doubt, use lower case. Capitalization is appropriate only for specific, named, individual items or people. For example, capitalize school subjects only when you are referring to a specific course at a specific school: math is a general subject, but Math 301 is a particular course. Similarly: Department of Computer Sciences vs. a computer science department, the president vs.

President Bush. When in marry essay doubt, use lower case. Avoid contractions Contractions are appropriate only for conversational use and for informal writing, never for technical or formal writing. Hyphenate phrases only when otherwise ambiguous In English phrases (groups of several words forming a unit), hyphens are used to group pairs of apwh compare contrast words when the meaning might otherwise be ambiguous. That is, they act like the parentheses in a mathematical expression. Discipline! They should normally otherwise be avoided unless they are part of a single word (or the dictionary explicitly requires them), i.e., it is contrast a mistake to use a hyphen where the meaning was already clear and of a salesman prompt, unambiguous. For instance, long adjective phrases preceding a noun sometimes include another noun temporarily being used as an adjective. Essay! Such phrases can often be parsed several different ways with different meanings.

For example, the phrase English language learners as written means language learners from England, because, by default, language modifies learners, and English modifies language learners. But the phrase that was intended was probably English-language learners, i.e. School Essay! learners of the English language, and using the hyphen helps make that grouping clear. Note that there would never be a hyphen if the same phrase were used after the noun it modifies, because in that case there would be absolutely no chance of ambiguity: a learner of the English language ( NEVER a learner of the English-language; the hyphen effectively turns the noun phrase English language into an adjective, and a prepositional phrase starting with of the must be completed with a noun, not an adjective). Note that hyphens are used only in adjective phrases; they are not needed after an adverb (and are therefore incorrect). Compare Contrast Essay Rubric! An adverb explicitly modifies the adjective immediately following it, never a noun. For instance, a quickly dropping stock cannot possibly be mistaken for discipline home essay, a quickly dropping-stock, because adverbs like quickly cannot modify a noun phrase like dropping stock, and apwh contrast essay rubric, so quickly clearly must modify dropping. In general, there should never be a hyphen after an adverb ending in ly, though hyphens are sometimes necessary after some non-adverbial ly words like early (as in the correct examples an early-rising rooster or an early-rising English-language learner). You may want to search through your finished document for human marrow, ly-; nearly all examples of those three characters in apwh compare essay rubric a row will be mistakes. In some very complicated phrases, two levels of grouping can be achieved using an en dash, i.e. a slightly longer dash than a hyphen. For instance, a language-learning--associated problem would be a problem associated with language learning; the hyphen groups language and learning, while the en-dash -- connects language learning with associated. Without hyphens or without the en-dash, the phrase would be quite difficult to read.

But in such cases it is often clearer just to reword the sentence to avoid the ambiguity, as in essay a problem associated with language learning. In cases where the apwh compare essay, word grouping is quite obvious because the pair of essay words are so often used together, the hyphen can be omitted even when it would strictly be required to avoid ambiguity. Contrast Essay! For instance chocolate chip cookies is unlikely to be misread as chocolate chip-cookies, despite that being the literal interpretation, and so the hyphen can usually be omitted from chocolate-chip cookies. In general, you should hyphenate a phrase when that particular sentence would otherwise be ambiguous. In any other case, even a nearby sentence containing the same phrase but e.g. after the noun it modifies, you should leave out the hyphen. I.e., the marry me mary photo, hyphen is not a property of the phrase, but of how you are using the phrase in essay rubric the sentence. American vs. Home School! British English I myself am American by birth, despite lecturing in a British university, and I use American spellings by default (e.g. organization, not organisation). Authors are generally free to apwh compare use whichever spelling they prefer, although publishers will often change the persuasive essay sheet, spellings to make e.g. all the compare contrast rubric, papers in a certain edited volume use the same conventions. Thus please do not hesitate to use whichever one of the (correct) spellings you are more comfortable with, as long as you keep it consistent throughout the document.

Formatting and grammar rules When in doubt about grammar or page format, researchers in psychology and computer science generally follow the essay planning sheet, APA style guide; biological fields use similar standards. Unfortunately, you do have to apwh contrast pay for for religion essay, the APA guide, though it is now available in a less-expensive electronic edition. Pay attention to how your document looks Use readable, clear fonts and reasonable margins, following the typical format used for similar documents. If your word processor cannot make the spacing regular between words (e.g. most versions of Microsoft Word), turn off right justification. Apwh Compare! Poor spacing makes the for religion, page look jumbled and seem incoherent, even if the writing is not. Nearly all formal writing should simply be stapled --- anything else looks unprofessional. For instance, using a fancy cover and binding for a short paper or report is contrast essay distracting and makes it difficult to essay photocopy the compare contrast, paper; such binding is necessary only for long papers that a staple would have trouble keeping together. At the opposite extreme, it should be obvious that folding one corner is not an acceptable substitute for a staple. Authors are authors, not writers The people who perform a scientific study are called authors, never writers, even though the marry me mary, results are presented in a written paper. Compare Contrast Essay Rubric! Scientific authorship includes much more than the actual writing, and some authors may well not have written any word in the paper. Use last names Never refer to the authors by their first names, as if they were your friends.

They are not, and even if they were, it would be inappropriate to folklore draw attention to that circumstance. Compare Essay! Except in unusual cases to folklore marrow avoid ambiguity or to discuss specific people (e.g. the original founders of a field of research), first names are not even mentioned in the body of compare contrast essay a scientific text; the last names are sufficient. Author names are keys -- spell them properly In academic writing, an author's last name is like the essay folklore human marrow, key in a database lookup -- if the name is misspelled (e.g. Davis for Davies), your reader will not be able to apwh rubric locate works by that author in the library or online. Moreover, it is essay folklore human marrow extraordinarily impolite to misspell someone's name when you are discussing them; doing so shows that you have not paid much attention to them or their work. Contrast Rubric! So you should make a special effort to spell author names correctly, double and triple checking them against the original source, and ensuring that you spell them the essay experience human marrow, same way each time. Use appropriate pronouns Use appropriate pronouns when referring to the authors.

If there are multiple authors, use they or the authors or the authors' last names, not he or the author. If there is only one author and you can determine the compare essay, gender with great confidence, you may use he or she; otherwise use the author or the author's last name. Referring to persuasive sheet other texts Use double quotes around the rubric, title of an article when you refer to home it in the text. Italics are reserved for books or other works of similar length. Avoid underlining altogether --- underlining is just a way of indicating that handwritten or typewritten text should be typeset in italics, and is thus inappropriate when italics are available (as they are on any modern word processor).

Be very precise when discussing an author discussing another author For better or worse, academic writing often devolves into discussions of what one author said about another author. Apwh! If commenting on such controversies, you should be extremely careful about using ambiguous terms like his, the author, etc. Very often your reader will have no idea which of the folklore human marrow, various authors you are referring to, even though it may be clear to you. Contrast Essay! When in doubt, use the persuasive essay sheet, actual last names instead, even if they might sound repetitive. Avoid footnotes Footnotes should be used quite sparingly, and compare essay, should never be used as a way to avoid the for religion, hard work of making your text flow into a coherent narrative.

Only when something genuinely cannot be made to apwh contrast rubric fit into the main flow of the text, yet is somehow still so important that it must be mentioned, does it go into a footnote. Avoid direct quotes In scientific (as opposed to literary or historical) writing, direct quotes should be used only when the precise wording of the original sentences is prompt important, e.g. if the work is so groundbreaking that the compare contrast, words themselves have driven research in death prompt this field. In nearly every other case, paraphrasing is more appropriate, because it lets you formulate the idea in apwh rubric the terms suitable for your particular paper, focusing on the underlying issue rather than the home, way one author expressed it. Be careful with arguments about grammar If you are going to criticize the grammar or spelling of an author in apwh contrast rubric writing, you should be extraordinarily careful to verify that you are correct. For Religion Essay! Reading a long rant from an American about how a person of British upbringing has supposedly misspelled words like utilisation, or vice versa, can be quite painful.

There is no need to mention explicitly reading the paper A lot of students use phrases like while reading this paper, I . and In this paper the contrast essay, authors . . Try to avoid this redundancy. If you use the word author you need not also use paper, and vice versa. Similarly, it is photo clear that whatever you discovered about the paper, you discovered while reading the paper; we do not need to be reminded of apwh essay rubric this. Essays And Stories About Nature! Academic writing is always about papers and authors, and thus those topics should only be discussed when they are relevant. Discussing existing work Whenever you bring up an existing piece of research, whether it is your own or someone else's, there is a standard way of doing it properly. First you say what the compare essay rubric, research showed, then you say what its limitations are, and then you say how your own work is going to overcome those limitations. I.e., say what has been done, what has not been done, and how you are going to do some of what has not been done. If you are doing a literature review rather than an original research paper, you just describe what you think should be done, rather than what you plan to do. Unless you want to marry essay make an enemy, you should always mention something positive about existing work before exploring the limitations, and you should always assume that the person you are discussing will read what you wrote. Of course, sometimes there is a good reason to compare rubric make an city wilds and stories about urban enemy, e.g. to draw attention to yourself by attacking someone famous, but you should be sure to apwh choose your enemies wisely.

Discussing proposed work In a research proposal, it is never acceptable to announce only that you are planning to study topic X. In the context of research, studying is a vague and death ap essay, unbounded task, with no criterion for success and apwh compare rubric, no way to me mary tell if you are getting anywhere. Studying is something you do in compare rubric a course, where someone can tell you what to focus on and can test you to see if you got the wilds about urban nature, right answer; research is not like that. Apwh Essay! In research, you need to spell out the specific questions you are going to try to answer, the specific phenomena that need explanations, and so on -- it's up to you to define the question and the methods, and respect essay, until you've done so, it's not research, just idle speculation. Discussion/future work In the essay, discussion sections of a research paper, be sure to folklore marrow discuss all topics that the rubric, audience expected to see in the paper, even if you yourself do not believe them to be relevant. The reader is more likely to assume that you have been sloppy about your literature review than to assume you knew about the work but believed it not to be relevant.

Page restrictions can help here --- they provide a good excuse for omitting topics that you do not believe to be relevant. Marrow! In a longer article or thesis without page limits you have no choice but to address the issue and explicitly state why the topic is not relevant despite the common belief that it is. Bibliographies Students often seem to think that bibliographies are mysterious, tricky things with rules far too complex to rubric understand or remember. Although there is respect a vast array of different bibliographic formats, the underlying principles are actually not complicated at all. Simply put, all bibliographies must have a certain basic minimum standard of apwh compare essay information in order to fulfill their function of allowing people to locate the specific item of reference material you cite. In particular, every bibliography entry needs an author, date, and title, every journal article absolutely must have a volume and page numbers, and every conference paper must have the title of the conference proceedings, the essays urban, page numbers, and some indication of who published it. Without having every bit of this basic information, there is no way to be sure that readers can find the one specific article that you are discussing. Conversely, you should not include anything not necessary or useful for locating the article, such as the cost of reprints. As long as the correct information is included, there are many acceptable bibliography formats, though note that in essay all cases each entry ends in a period.

Citations The bibliography or reference list in persuasive planning sheet an academic paper must consist of precisely those sources that you cite in the text, without any extra sources and without omitting any. Each citation must provide enough information for the reader to find the correct source in the bibliography; beyond that, any number of citation formats will do unless there is some specific standard you are told to follow. One common approach is to use author-date citations like (Smith, Wu, and Tong 2008), but other approaches such as numbering the bibliography entries and then using bracketed or superscript numbers are also fine. If using numeric citations with brackets, note that there must always be a space before the first bracket, as in compare contrast . Respect For Religion Essay! known [1], ( not . known[1]). If using author-date citations, you must remember that any item in apwh compare rubric parentheses does not exist , as far as the grammar of the sentence is essay planning concerned, and thus it cannot be used as part of the sentence. Thus the rule is simply to put the parentheses around the part that would be acceptable to apwh compare omit when reading aloud, as in for religion essay Carlin (1972) showed that. or . as seen in rats (Carlin 1972). Apwh Compare Contrast Essay Rubric! ( not (Carlin 1972) showed that. and not . as seen in rats Carlin (1972).).

It is usually best to have only a single level of respect for religion essay parentheses, because multiple parentheses start to distract from the main text. Thus I would prefer has been established (but for a counterexample see Johnson, 1905) to has been established (but for apwh compare rubric, a counterexample see Johnson (1905)). I and we Writing standards disagree about persuasive essay planning sheet, whether to use I and we (and their various forms) in academic work. Apwh Contrast Essay Rubric! Some argue that those personal pronouns distract from what should be objective and scientifically valid without recourse to any particular speaker, or even that they just do not sound scientific. Others argue that omitting I and marrow, we results in awkward, passive sentences rather than direct We did X sentences. Compare Contrast! Personally, I believe that academic writing should use personal pronouns whenever what is being reported was an arbitrary and discipline home essay, specific choice made by a human being, or for opinions or personal judgment, precisely because these pronouns emphasize that a human was involved in apwh contrast essay the work.

When reporting universal scientific facts or observations, I would not use personal pronouns, because any reasonable observer would have reported similar results and essay, thus there is no need to emphasize the role of the apwh compare contrast, authors. School! Thus, personally, I believe that I and rubric, we have their place in academic writing, i.e., to emphasize the human element where appropriate; in other circumstances I would discourage their use. Please note that I happen to disagree with a few of the rules commonly accepted for English text, and in the text on this page I happily use my own rules instead. You might wish to follow the for religion, accepted usage in such cases, though I would much rather everyone used my own much better rules as listed below. If you do agree to apwh essay join my one-man campaign to fix the English language, I cannot accept any responsibility for points deducted by essay folklore human, less enlightened folks. Apwh Compare Contrast Essay! :-) Punctuation after quotations In American English (and in some cases for ap essay prompt, British English), punctuation following a bit of quoted text is traditionally placed inside the quotation.

However, I consider that rule an egregious violation of the whole notion of quotation, i.e. an obvious bug in the English language. For example, if I am quoting someone who said that life is hard, I always put the apwh compare essay, comma outside the home essay, quotation mark because they themselves did not necessarily have a pause when they said it; in fact, they probably had a full stop (which would be written as a period). Accepted American usage is to write life is hard, but the computer programmer in me just cannot be convinced to contrast rubric make such an obvious semantic error. Spaces around dashes An em-dash is a long dash, longer than an en-dash and a hyphen. Me Mary! The traditional formatting for an em-dash does not use any spaces, as in life is hard---then you die. However, I myself much prefer to put a space before and after the dash. Without the spaces the dash appears to apwh compare contrast essay be connecting two words like hard---then, which makes no grammatical sense. Grammatically, the function of the dash is to separate and essay experience folklore human marrow, connect phrases or clauses, not words, and I prefer to make that visually clear by putting spaces around the dash.

Again, in my opinion the accepted usage is a bug in the language. Dangling prepositions Officially, it is an error to apwh compare contrast end a sentence with a preposition, as in they arrived at home school essay the place they were heading to. Compare Contrast Rubric! However, in practice it is often very difficult and awkward to reword sentences to avoid dangling prepositions. Thus I consider this rule to be optional at discipline school best. Serial commas In Britain and some other less-enlightened countries, the comma is often omitted before an 'and' in a list. For instance, they will write of ham, chips and eggs, rather than ham, chips, and eggs. I consider this an apwh compare contrast appalling, confusing construction, because it meaninglessly groups the last two items in the list together. Lists are generally meant to be collections of equals, so there should be just as many separators between chips and eggs as between ham and chips. In many cases, omitting the persuasive essay sheet, serial comma is ambiguous. Moreover, in contrast the very rare case where adding the comma is ambiguous, the sentence should be rewritten anyway.

Oxford University Press, at least, agrees with me; see the Wikipedia serial comma entry. Again, this insistence on using appropriate syntax is persuasive essay planning probably driven by apwh compare essay, the computer programmer in me, but I think all right-thinking people should be offended whenever a serial comma is omitted. Commas after i.e. and persuasive planning, e.g. Many grammar books state that a comma is always required after i.e. and rubric, e.g. used in a sentence, as in sentences often contain spelling errors, i.e., words spelled incorrectly. The inspiration for this rule is that such abbreviations should be mentally expanded to the English translation of the Latin phrase for which they stand (i.e. Home! translating to compare that is, and e.g. For Religion Essay! translating to compare essay for example, which in itself is an important distinction to know). However, these terms come up very often in formal writing, and in many cases I consider it inappropriate to add symbolic pauses (i.e. commas) around them. Essay Experience Folklore Human! Such pauses break up the flow of the compare contrast, sentence, and modern readers treat the abbreviations just as they would any other word, without internally translating them to Latin phrases and then English phrases.

Thus in many cases I prefer to omit the comma after the abbreviation, and sometimes also the one before it. Discipline Home! Some people, even more pedantic than I, disagree. This document is in the public domain. You are free to copy it, redistribute it, modify it, or use it for any other non-fraudulent purpose. Contrast Essay Rubric! If redistributing a complete copy or a lengthy excerpt, please (1) retain this notice, (2) clearly mark the original author, and (3) clearly mark any changes that you make as your own and not those of the original author.

Help Me Do My Essay - Ap world history scoring guidelines - The College… pdf - Pennsylvania State University - Berks

Custom Essay Writing Services in Australia - Essay rubric ap world history - Indiana University

10 Most Common IELTS Writing Task 2 Topics. The post will give you the 10 most common IELTS Writing Task 2 topics. Apwh Essay. A question my students keep asking, again and again, is essay experience marrow #8216;What are the most common IELTS writing part 2 topics?#8217; They are worried that they won#8217;t be familiar with the topic and will not have any relevant ideas. Compare. This is especially true for students from #8216;developing#8217; countries, because most of the questions are #8216;first world#8217; problems and issues. Let#8217;s turn that disadvantage into marry photo essay an advantage.

To answer the question I have asked my students over essay, the last few years to send me the topics on persuasive essay, their exams. A big thank you, to those students, who were kind enough to send me their questions. I have built up a huge amount of questions and I think it is apwh contrast rubric about time to analyse them. Of A Ap Essay Prompt. Are the same Writing Task 2 topics repeated? The answer is yes and no. There are a huge amount of topics that come up in writing task 2. At last count there were around 50 different topics (based on collecting data over the last few years) and if you would like all 50, please let me know, but I#8217;m more concerned about the topics that come up again and again. If you have time to familiarise yourself with over apwh compare contrast rubric, 50 topics then please do, but I think must people have to be smart with their time and it therefore makes more sense to prioritise the most common topics. I try to encourage my students to for religion, be efficient when it comes to learning. However, I don#8217;t agree with the saying #8216;Work smart, not hard#8217; as this implies you can do very little work and still achieve your goals.

My motto is work hard and smart. Compare Contrast Essay Rubric. There are 10 general topics that come up more often than all of the rest put together. They are: So what can I do with this information? Now you know the common topics there are 3 things you can do: 1. Develop a vocabulary list for each topic. Having relevant vocabulary for school essay each topic will give you a big advantage. Many students fail to apwh compare essay, provide relevant vocabulary and their band score suffers.

When looking at new vocabulary try to guess the meaning from essay human context first and compare essay rubric then look up the marry me mary meaning to apwh essay rubric, make sure your idea matches the actual meaning. Also, be sure to look at the word within a sentence to be aware of the way it relates to other words. Essay Planning Sheet. When recording vocabulary do it in a way that will help YOU remember it. Everyone learns in a different way and everyone learns vocabulary in a different way. Rubric. Some people like to death of a salesman, draw pictures beside the word, some people like to apwh rubric, write synonyms or antonyms, others prefer to write a few sentences and some people like to marry photo, use the phonemic chart to write the word that way. Whatever works for apwh rubric you, do it. It is essay also very important to review words regularly. This is the most effective way to remember the words. So many people learn lots of words and a week later they can’t remember them.

I would recommend reviewing them one day after learning them for the first time, then one week later and then finally one month later. After that they should be firmly stuck in apwh rubric your head for good. I am developing a vocabulary list for each of the topics above which you can access here. 2. Practice reading and listening within these topics. To do well on your IELTS test you should practice at essay home. Even just 60 minutes per day can make a big difference. This will not only improve all four skills but familiarise you with the contrast essay rubric common topics at the same time. Discipline Home School Essay. Why waste time listening or reading something, if it is about something that probably won#8217;t come up on the test? Unless of course you are listening or reading for pleasure, in that case, be my guest. If you are reading an English newspaper, look for articles on the common topics and apwh contrast essay rubric highlight any good vocabulary.

If you like listening to the radio or podcasts, find ones on the common topics. Please check out my 25 online language learning tools for city and stories about lots of ways you can study at home for free. This method is so effective that some of the best IELTS schools are starting to adopt this approach. If you are going to study or practice anything then do it within the context of one of the common topics. Apwh Compare Essay. For example, if you are practicing speaking with a friend on Skype, why not discuss one of the issues above? If you are practicing writing essays, find a question about experience folklore human, one of the most popular or repeated IELTS topics. Apwh Contrast Rubric. This method allows you to practice both the skills and learn about these crucial topics. They also come up quite a lot in the speaking test. Can I just focus on these topics and get a high band score? Obviously, there is much more to achieving a high score than just focusing on the repeated topics but this will allow you to study and prepare in a smarter and about urban nature more efficient way, giving you a huge advantage. However, I would like to add that it is compare essay rubric also important to study things you have a passion for.

If you are genuinely interested in a topic then it is much easier to study and you are less likely to quit. Please also make time to read, listen, talk and write about your passion. School. If you love football, read about your team everyday on www.goal.com. Love fashion?- find some fashionista blogs. Have a passion for photography?- why not blog about it? Have a passion for astrophysics? Listen to star talk radio.

I looked at 15 Writing Task 2 papers over July, August and September of 2015 to contrast essay rubric, see if the same common topics were coming up. Here are the topics: Traditional Culture Government Spending Technology Technology Education Health Technology Traditional Culture Education Health International Aid The Environment Economics Education Health. As you can see, Technology, Health and Education are still prominent Task 2 topics. It was interesting to see Traditional Culture popping up twice in such a short period of time, but that doesn#8217;t mean that it will definitely feature again soon. I still think that Technology, Health, Education and the Environment are important topics and will feature regularly in the future. Reading within these topics will help you and you will also pick up other vocabulary just by reading about them. The important thing is to read actively.

When you see a word you don#8217;t know, note it down and respect find out the meaning, collocation and synonyms. Apwh Contrast. Soon you will have a notebook full of city nature new words and you review them regualelry until they become part of your vocabulary. Here#8217;s a live video I did on Facebook about this topic: I would recommend looking at our IELTS task 2 page for lots more lessons, tips and sample task 2 answers. The best way to keep up to date with our latest posts is to like our page on Facebook. There are also daily practice activities on our Facebook page. Apwh Compare Contrast Essay. As always, if you have a question about this post or anything else, please let me know in the comments section below.

46 Comments on 10 Most Common IELTS Writing Task 2 Topics Chris. am not able to watch ur video.any idea? i think the first step is to discipline home, pass the ielts exam is to understand where you are on in regards to compare contrast, your 4 skills and marry me mary then prepare your plan ,without plan and apwh compare essay rubric agreed source of planning sheet knowledge you will be lost . the apwh compare essay question is discipline home how to prepare a proper plan to enhance your skills ,get familiar with the exam ? also if you can prepare PDF for all the compare contrast Tips that we need to essays urban, take care of during the exam of the 4 skills ,that will be great . hello from uzbekistan))) Hello from Tashkent)) Home » Writing Task 2 » 10 Most Common IELTS Writing Task 2 Topics. Apwh Contrast Essay Rubric. Check your email for the link. Respect For Religion Essay. Advantage Exam Preparation Limited. 4 Castleglen Park, Dundrum, County Down, BT33 0WL United Kingdom. The information on compare, this site is for information purposes only.

IELTS is a registered trademark of University of Cambridge, the British Council, and IDP Education Australia. This site and it's owners are not affiliated, approved or endorsed by the University of persuasive Cambridge ESOL, the British Council, and IDP Education Australia. For full information please refer to our terms and conditions and disclaimer.

Do My Assignment Free - Hathaway, Mr / AP World History - Queen's University

Order Essay Online - Hathaway, Mr / AP World History - University of California - Los Angeles

code chivalry essay The Mafia is essay rubric oppression, arrogance, greed, self-enrichment, power and hegemony above and against all others. It is not an abstract concept, or a state of mind, or a literary term. It is a criminal organization regulated by unwritten but iron and inexorable rules. The myth of a courageous and generous 'man of honor' must be destroyed, because a mafioso is just the opposite.

-- Cesare Terranova, Italian Magistrate murdered in 1979. It exists. It is a symptom of Sicily's endemic political corruption and a general cynicism regarding public institutions and the criminal justice system, its life sustained by a widespread mentality which breeds a general distrust in even the persuasive sheet youngest Sicilians - distrust of everybody and every thing. The people who claim or imply that the international Mafia does not exist or is not very powerful (and that unfortunately has included one or two Italian-American ethnic organisations despite news of the Mafia in American publications such as Time and Newsweek ) are either in denial, intentionally deceptive, self-serving or plain ignorant. Four pervasive myths about the Sicilian Mafia - as opposed to the American, Calabrian, Apulian or Neapolitan forms of organized crime - should be dispelled. • The Mafia has a centralized organizational structure with a single man at the top, like a Pope. This has never been true, although one infamous mafioso was indeed nicknamed The Pope. Vizzini, Genco Russo, Greco, Riina, Provenzano, Lo Piccolo and (now) Messina Denaro never controlled the entire Sicilian Mafia, which has been compared to a hydra or octopus. Compare Contrast! At best, they briefly, informally oversaw the marry photo cupola or commission that administers it loosely and collectively, but which would never risk regular meetings.

There is not, and never has been, a true capo dei capi (head of heads) of the Mafia or the Camorra (the Neapolitan brand of organized crime) in the manner of compare essay rubric, a Pope, CEO or general at the head of persuasive essay sheet, a rigidly structured organization. It is for apwh compare contrast this reason that decapitation is impossible. Italian investigators and prosecutors know this, yet they also know that less-important mafia bosses tacitly defer to more powerful ones, especially in certain matters involving foreign (international) business or, for example, the me mary photo murder of a high-profile figure like a judge or senator. Within each cosca or cell, of course, there are ranks. • The Mafia is apwh compare hereditary, based on families. Times change, but until the 1950s the Sicilian Mafia was not based on families but simply on geographical zones of discipline home essay, influence (Palermo, Catania, Corleone). Contrast Rubric! Calogero Vizzini, Michele Greco, Salvatore Totò Riina and Tommaso Buscetta were not the sons or near relatives of mafiosi.

However, the Italianate forms of Mafia that flourish outside Sicily eventually developed a hereditary system of leadership. That includes mainland Italy and the Americas. In the discipline home United States, there historically was a blurry cultural distinction between the true Mafia of Lucky Luciano and the gangsterism of Al Capone. The cosche (literally but inaccurately clans) are not actual families but local territorial cells which include many people, of various ranks, who are unrelated to apwh compare essay, each other. That said, nowadays it isn't too unusual for a young mafioso to wed the sister or cousin of a fellow mafioso, or for experience marrow the leader of a cosca to apwh contrast essay, favor his own son with a certain benefit, such as extorting the for religion pizzo in a specific neighborhood. There have also been cases of the wives of incarcerated mafiosi managing their husbands' affairs, including murder and extortion, especially in Catania. • The Mafia was supported by the nobility and the Catholic Church. By the twentieth century mafiosi were extorting money from aristocrats and by the end of the apwh contrast rubric same century they were killing priests. One might make a case that certain landholding aristocrats and higher clergy, including a few bishops, condoned the actions of the Mafia when it was expedient, but sweeping generalizations are unjustified.

For example, the land reforms of 1948 dividing the large rural estates were opposed by the nobles who owned these properties, and certain mafiosi worked for these landholders as land managers. Until the twentieth century the Church in for religion essay, Italy rarely took a strong position on any progressive social issue, so (for example) divorce was legalized in the country only in 1974. If anything, we could say that the Mafia was sometimes facilitated by corrupt politicians who, like most Italians, were Catholic. It is contrast true, however, that the Mafia flourished for a long time because the home school Church and the ruling class failed to apwh compare essay rubric, recognize it as a threat to the very fabric of society. • The Mafia traces its roots to the Middle Ages. This is school essay perhaps the most ridiculous myth of apwh, all. While the closed, secretive mentality that fostered the development of secret criminal societies such as the Beati Paoli became commonplace with the Inquisition and Spanish rule during the sixteenth century, and though banditry in the countryside increased over time, the Mafia as organized crime (not just a Sicilian word having other meanings) did not exist until late in the eighteenth century at the very earliest. Death Of A Ap Essay Prompt! Only fantasists believe that it originated during the War of the Vespers, a revolt organized by the nobility, in 1282. Compare Contrast Rubric! Phenomena such as widespread charlatanry and professional incompetence, nepotism and home school essay the overuse of job preferments have helped it along by apwh compare contrast essay, discouraging transparency at every level of the economy. Until the fifteenth century the feudal life of Sicily was little different from that of any other part of western Europe.

The history of the Mafia is not as elusive as pundits, novelists and screenwriters would have you believe. Protection rackets (the pizzo) and wilds about urban nature the narcotics trade still exist, of course, with the Mafia funnelling its ill-won profits into businesses such as supermarket and hotel chains across Sicily and even in northern Italy. Apwh Contrast Essay Rubric! But a phenomenon which has worsened in recent years is the widespread theft of discipline essay, European Commission funding destined, in principle, for Sicilian economic development. Bribes, kickbacks and compare rubric outright theft by politicians closely allied with (or actually members of) the Mafia has been a fact of life in Sicily for and stories about nature a long time. The Mafia owns shopping centers, apartment blocks and construction firms that receive public contracts. It extorts hundreds of millions of euros each year to buy ever more such businesses. In addition to compare essay rubric, politicians, many lawyers, doctors and architects are directly involved with the persuasive Mafia.

It is a cancer that hides for a while but just won't die. Considering its profound influence on Sicilian life, no history of twentieth-century Sicily can be complete or accurate without mentioning the most famous Sicilian fraternity. Tragically, the Mafia (and extreme political corruption generally) is the single socio-economic factor that distinguishes Sicily's economic base from those of other European Mediterranean regions such as Spain and Portugal - though it appears that Greece also has some serious problems with public spending and corruption. It is one of the world's most enduring criminal organizations, and one of the contrast rubric most serious social problems confronting Sicily today. In recent times, it has murdered judges, priests and for religion children - though with its increasing grip on the legal economy (public contracts, stores, restaurants) - this rarely happens nowadays.

Its hierarchy and vernacular are a reflection of Sicilian society itself, complete with religious allusions: Its ruling council is the Cupola, Michele Greco, was nicknamed The Pope, a leader of clans. But, like the nobility, the Mafia is apwh compare rubric all but invisible. You probably won't see it if you visit Sicily. Home Essay! You probably won't see many of its effects, either, unless you look very closely. Those who presume that today's Sicilians do not think about the Mafia are sorely mistaken.

Anti-Mafia organisations such as Addio Pizzo (of which Best of Sicily is a member) have done much to encourage merchants and other business owners to stand up against the Mafia, but there is still much work to be done. Banditry and murder had been fairly commonplace since the apwh compare contrast Middle Ages, but the Mafia has existed as a loose network of local criminals only home, since the latter decades of the eighteenth century or the early years of the nineteenth. Like the nobility, its roots are feudal. Indeed, the early history of the essay rubric Mafia is well known. Many people incorrectly presume the Mafia to be the cause of certain social problems.

In fact, it is the respect for religion effect - the result of centuries of bizarre practices such as raccomandazioni (job preferments) which colour every facet of life in Sicily, making it a fertile breeding ground for all forms of corruption, dishonesty and criminality. Nepotism (even in university positions) doesn't help matters, either. In such a climate, organised crime represents just one small step beyond the unfortunate conditions that already exist. In Sicily politicians literally buy votes with promises of employment or other gifts. The popular perception of apwh compare rubric, mafiosi as Robin Hoods or even knights is misleading, but it is essay based on general distrust of authority and apwh rubric - until very recently - the historical laxity of law enforcement in salesman ap essay prompt, protecting citizens. This situation has improved somewhat in recent years but still persists among the popolino, Sicily's large underclass. From being friends of the friends, the apwh contrast essay more important mafiosi became known as men of honor.

In truth, the Mafia code is the antithesis of the code of chivalry - or at best a bizarre interpretation of it. Sicilians' clannish nature (marriages arranged by parents were known into the twentieth century) created a favorable climate for the mafiosi. Omertà literally means manhood, and refers to the idea of a man resolving his own problems, but the city wilds and stories about nature term has become synonomous with the apwh compare Mafia's code of silence. The duel, however, gave way to the vendetta and contract killings. Marry Me Mary Essay! There is no reliable historical record of a duel between mafiosi, but there have been plenty of apwh compare contrast rubric, murders and, given its structure as a secret society. The freemasons certainly aided Garibaldi's invasion of Sicily in 1860 but so, it is believed, did some Mafia bands, even if they were not a decisive factor in essay, his victory. In the compare contrast essay rubric same year, it was suggested to King Francesco II of the Two Sicilies that the Comorra, a Neapolitan organization similar to the Mafia, kill Garibaldi and his officers upon their arrival in Naples. The King refused his subjects' offer. incredibly, the plan might have actually worked.

The Modern Mafia. A famous play, I Mafiusi della Vicaria, first performed in 1863, described the essay planning sheet Mafia as an organization complete with initiation rites, though folk historian Giuseppe Pitré's interpretation of Mafia history has been largely discounted as whimsical or at least highly embellished. By 1900, the black hand was identified with the friends of the compare contrast essay rubric friends. They were one and the same, and respect essay each town (or city quarter) had its resident capo (chief). When the Fascists rose to power, Mussolini's Iron Prefect, Cesare Mori, threw most of them in apwh essay, prison. In reality, the relationship between the Fascists and about urban nature the Mafia was that of one group of criminals pitted against compare essay rubric, another - two wolves fighting over the same chicken coop. The wartime collaboration of Sicilian-born Salvatore Lucky Luciano with the United States Navy may have made the aftermath of the Allied invasion of Sicily smoother than it otherwise might have been, but there is no evidence that the Sicilians in 1943 were any less welcoming of the Allies than the persuasive essay planning sheet residents of Piedmont and Lombardy were two years later. Compare! Luciano's real influence was at the Port of New York. The Iron Prefect's enforcement of the Duce's laws had already made most mafiosi sympathetic to for religion essay, the American cause, or at least hostile to the Fascist one. The surrender, without even token resistance, of thousands of Italian troops at Pantelleria, shortly before the main attack on Sicily, made it clear that most Italian recruits were unwilling to contrast, risk their lives for a lost cause - or perhaps for essay any cause.

The Allies made mafiosi like Calogero Vizzini, of Villalba, provisional mayors who easily won election a few years later. It was easy for these men, imprisoned by Mussolini's regime without the benefit of apwh compare contrast essay, a fair trial, to pose as anti-Fascists or even political prisoners. Under any political system, Vizzini, who died in 1954, was a murderer, plain and simple. In the immediate postwar years, as the of a salesman prompt Mafia set about the apwh compare contrast essay task of re-organizing its activities, several freelance bandits roamed the countryside. The most popular, Salvatore Giuliano, came closest to the image of a modern Robin Hood, and supported a separatist movement that favored an independent Sicily, perhaps as part of the United States. For Religion Essay! Men like Giuliano were not mafiosi. Indeed, the mafiosi resented and perhaps even feared them. With the death of Calogero Vizzini, the Mafia slid into compare contrast essay rubric the realm of what Sicily's mafiosi later derided as gangsterism, a more reckless American style of crime. In 1957, the of a ap essay prompt Sicilian Mafia re-established ties with their brethren in the United States and Canada.

It was Lucky Luciano, of all people, who orchestrated the alliance. Unlike Vizzini and his generation, the new Sicilian men of compare essay rubric, honor were vastasi (uncouth people) who made no pretension whatsoever at being gentlemen. Whereas, in public at for religion essay least, Vizzini and people like him maintained a veneer of civility, and might even pass for dignified country squires, it was clear that newcomers like Giuseppe Genco Russo, Michele Greco and Luciano Leggio, though furbi (sly) in certain respects, were essentially vulgar by nature. Men of honor and the code of honor, if either had ever existed in compare, fact, vanished in a flurry of discipline home school essay, murders. By the 1970s, even women and apwh essay rubric children were not spared in the carnage. While the Mafia controlled building construction (effectively destroying large historical districts) and vast sectors of the city essays urban economy (the meat trade, for example) and developed a successful heroin trade, the pizzo (extortion through protection money) remained a cornerstone of its system for generating revenue, day-by-day, year after year. As there were not yet laws against organised crime, people such as social activist Danilo Dolci were successfully prosecuted for apwh compare essay defaming people who they publicly stated were mafiosi, and who in fact were!

During the 1960s, the Sicilian Cupola and the American Commission began to seriously cooperate in marry photo essay, the narcotics trade, despite their expressed sentiment that heroin and cocaine were somehow less respectable products than extortion and murder. Apwh Compare Contrast Essay! The Sicilian faction was still more ruthless than its American counterpart, often resorting to the murder of judges and respect for religion other public officials, as well as journalists, whose activities they considered inconvenient. Palermo's Falcone-Borsellino Airport is named after two such judges, and there is a monument in Piazza 13 Vittime (13 Victims), at essay rubric the end of Palermo's Via Cavour, dedicated to the memory of people killed by the Mafia. Politicians as Mafiosi. In postwar Sicily's larger cities, mafiosi gradually infiltrated the building trades and me mary photo essay bought their way into most government-run agencies. Why are the newer districts of Palermo full of ugly buildings but lacking in green parks and efficient parking areas? Because the urban planning was undertaken by criminals. The Mafia, albeit often indirectly, built nearly half of the new city of apwh, Palermo, where several corrupt officials literally sold building permits to Mafia front-men.

A similar situation emerged in Catania. And the Mafia built (and still indirectly operates) a few of Sicily's largest hotels. The Catholic Church has not always helped matters. Death Prompt! Some priests now speak out against contrast essay, the Mafia (though pastors of Corleone, traditionally a Mafia stronghold, have not usually been among them), and at least one cleric was murdered for doing so. In the nature 1960s, however, a Cardinal Archbishop of Palermo issued a statement that the Mafia had never existed, and apwh compare rubric that author Giuseppe di Lampedusa, along with Danilo Dolci, had defamed Sicilians by implying that, among other things, most western Sicilians were secretive by nature or habit, and that the Mafia does indeed exist. How does such an organization survive into the twenty-first century? It has a great deal to do with social factors - things like high unemployment, widespread lack of confidence in the competence of law enforcement authorities, distrust of the for religion essay state. But the compare contrast general secretiveness of the people is one of the main reasons organised crime is still so powerful in the Italian South, where common folk often seem suspicious of even the most ordinary social forces. The Italian ethos is based on the realities of everyday life: Italians presume that their elected leaders are thieves motivated by persuasive essay sheet, greed. Apwh Compare Contrast Essay Rubric! Businessmen presume that associates will steal at the first opportunity.

Labor unions presume that employers will seek to marry photo essay, exploit employees whenever possible. Spouses presume that marital infidelity is contrast essay simply a question of human nature, and even use a particular word, cornuto, to describe cuckolded husbands. As we've said, a large part of certain economic sectors (hotels, transportation, supermarkets, construction) are controlled by Mafiosi. In a land without a tangible industrial base, public monies are the Mafia's main target. Everything has its price. Most politicians (Left and Right) can be bought, and the same holds true for managers of most larger banks and utilities.

In Sicily, many (if not most) public or semi-public jobs are sold for money or - in rarer cases - sex. (An attractive, educated but unemployed young woman is easy prey in a region with a perpetual 30% unemployment rate.) Public contracts are assigned - actually sold - in wilds essays and stories, exchange for bribes and kickbacks. Everybody expects a substantial kickback (usually at least 10%), from the compare essay politician who gets you a public advertising or construction project to ap essay, the event organizer who gets your musical group a gig in the local music festival. In business, money laundering is apwh compare contrast essay rubric a way of life. It's all part of The New Mafia. Of A Salesman Ap Essay Prompt! In such a climate, the pizzo (protection money) and revenue through legitimate businesses set up with Mafia money are still important. Buying the European Commission. Against such a backdrop, one easily understands that the compare contrast rubric Mafia is discipline school not always the primary cause of organised crime in Sicily.

More often, it is apwh compare contrast rubric a simple symptom of the corruption that permeates almost every aspect of public and professional life in Sicily. New corruption is born every day: In recent years, certain local politicians who have spoken against photo, the Mafia have covertly purchased large sections of Palermo's historical district through front companies (there were no public auctions), and given well-paying consulting jobs to their friends and relations. Sicilians call it mafiosità , the Mafia-like mentality so prevalent in Sicilian life, especially among politicians and business people. This doesn't always mean that somebody is apwh contrast rubric a mafioso per se, just that he behaves like one. Mafiosetta is the Sicilian term for death of a salesman prompt an attractive young woman who acts in this way.

Clientelism, nepotism and the excessive use of recommendations to assign everything from public construction contracts to contrast rubric, clerical jobs foster widespread corruption, and marry therefore organised crime. Compare Contrast Rubric! Bribery and kickbacks (the Italian word is bustarella for the envelope, busta, in which the money is persuasive essay paid) are normal in Sicily. Billions of dollars poured into essay rubric the Sicilian economy by marry essay, the World Bank, the United States, the European Commission and the central Italian government have ended up in the hands of corrupt politicians, consultants and others who, in many instances, were connected to the Mafia in some way. In many cases, the children or grandchildren of Mafiosi and Mafia-collaborators who stole money earmarked for Sicilian development under the Marshall Plan decades ago are now respectable citizens who one would not overtly associate with organised crime. In other words, the families have become legitimate. To many Sicilians, wealth is viewed as an end in itself; the methods employed to contrast essay, gain it are of little importance so long as misdeeds go unpunished. It's no secret that the criminal justice system does not function very well in Italy. And where there is no law, there is no sin. The sale of planning sheet, jobs is not limited to banks, national companies (telecommunications, energy, airlines) and public administration. Until the 1990s, military promotions in Italy (in the Carabinieri and Army) to colonel or general were often based on bribes equal to around €20,000, linked to a recommendation, of course.

Hence the essay rubric lack of prestige attached to such ranks. All things considered, it's no wonder that the Sicilian economy is a disaster. Death Ap Essay! It's rather embarrassing when the first large-scale organ transplant unit in Sicily (ISMETT) is established only in the late 1990s, and then with the help of an apwh compare contrast rubric American hospital. It makes Sicily seem like an under-developed country. Were it not so ironic, it would be amusing to see the deceptive manner in which officials often disguise their efforts to exploit the status quo by school, overtly supporting pointless anti-Mafia public awareness campaigns while robbing public monies. Sadly, the European Commission and the central Italian government continue to essay, support many so-called development projects in Sicily, few of which result in little more than untaxed wealth for for religion essay the projects' managers. Indeed, the phenomenon has spawned an entire industry as politicians and their friends scramble to propose projects with grossly inflated budgets. In the 1980s, a new profession, that of the essay rubric progettista , was born.

The term refers to the project consultant who seeks European Commission funds on behalf of a town, association or governmental agency (presumably one lacking personnel competent to know how to manage public money efficiently, as though that were an esoteric art), and then spends these monies, taking a large commission for himself and wilds and stories about urban his cohorts. To many Sicilians, the progettisti are new mafiosi, or perhaps new robber barons. Considering the vast investments involved, the tangible results are precious few, apart from expensive vacation homes for the project administrators themselves. Apwh Compare Contrast Essay! One can only wilds essays about, conclude that Sicilian progettisti, Mafia proponents or Sicilian politicians have in some way infiltrated or corrupted elements of the contrast essay rubric European Commission in discipline home school, Brussels. It's a long way from stealing cattle in the mountains.

The Discovery of compare essay rubric, America. Our discussion concentrates on the Mafia in Sicily . It is worth mentioning, however, that outside Italy, the essays Mafia and its progeny have been the object of apwh compare essay, every form of fame that modern society carries in persuasive essay, its sophisticated cinematic arsenal. The first films to depict the Mafia in an appealing light were made not in essay, Italy, but in the United States, where authors like the late Mario Puzo presented American mafiosi as pseudo-aristocrats. It is an image still bolstered by television and cinematic portrayals despite the fact that the American Mafia, if indeed it ever conformed very closely to such stereotypes, has been overshadowed in its own country by criminal organizations from South America, the Far East and essay Russia. In Italy, films such as I Grimaldi (The Grimaldis) present the glossy cinematic portrayal of the apwh compare rubric homegrown version of the city wilds essays about urban Mafia based on the American model, complete with lavish homes, luxury cars and contrast essay rubric attractive, well-dressed people (its use of the name of the ruling dynasty of Monaco implicitly associating mafiosi with royalty). This is an image that contrasts sharply with the reality we see on the evening newscasts - of plump, ugly men with unattractive wives and ordinary cars, living underground as latitanti (fugitives) despite their wealth. When Bernardo Provenzano, a Mafia boss, was finally arrested, he was living in a makeshift bunker outside his native Corleone. On the other side of the death of a salesman prompt ocean, several Italian-American cultural organisations decry the contrast persistent cinematic image as nothing less than bigotry, citing the (accurate) statistic that fewer than one percent of Italo-Americans are in the Mafia.

A few of these organisations, echoing the official position held by the FBI until the ap essay prompt 1970s, denied the very existence of the Mafia until it was mentioned in apwh compare contrast essay, criminal cases in federal courts in the 1980s. Until then, anti-defamation lobbying garnered some isolated and home school unexpected results; it was strange, for compare contrast instance, to hear references to marry me mary photo, the syndicate in American telefilms when everybody knew from context that the teleplays' characters were referring to the Mafia, which American mafiosi usually referred to as our thing or our business. Compare Rubric! Sicilians laugh at essay experience the charming Italo-American myth that the Mafia doesn't exist, but they also enjoy The Sopranos and Goodfellas. Unfortunately, cultural factors have sometimes added to apwh essay, the confusion; to outsiders, New Yorkers Rudolph Giuliani and John Gotti seemed to represent opposite sides of the same ethnic coin, and city and stories urban the negative side of that coin still appeals to some of apwh compare, America's Italian descendants in search of an easily-acquired cultural identity, the so-called guido. Renting The Godfather trilogy at the DVD store is easier than reading Dante's Divine Comedy . The Freshman and city and stories about nature Married to the Mob were successful parodies, while The Untouchables and Goodfellas presented a slightly more accurate, and less varnished, view of the Mafia in America. In Italy, the cultural element creates fewer complexities. Italians recognise that today's mafiosi are drawn from the lowest social stratum, and nobody outside that (rather large) social class would ever aspire to be a mafioso. Compare Contrast Essay! Collaborating with the Mafia, however, is another story. It is impossible to separate the Mafia from today's Sicilian political corruption. Indeed, it is this aspect of Sicilian life which permits the Mafia's survival.

Its adaptability has always distinguished the Mafia. Now that heroin smuggling is passé the organisation has infiltrated many parts of the legitimate economy. This is more than mere money laundering. Mafia front men (often associates not yet tainted by criminal records) have established everything from supermarkets and shopping malls to essay experience human, stores selling computers and cell phones. These businesses - a source of revenue in themselves - feed the Mafia. So do betting parlors and apwh compare bingo salons. Crime and Punishment. The 1980s saw greater international collaboration in Mafia cases, especially between the essay Italian and compare essay American governments. The former passed a law against discipline essay, associazione mafiosa (Mafia-type association), whose effects are similar to those of the American RICO Statutes. Unlike Americans, Italians refer to organized crime not for the sake of euphemism but because there are so many independent criminal organizations in Italy (the Mafia in Sicily, the Comorra in Naples, etc.). Mafiosi are occasionally (if not routinely) jailed, and sentences are fairly harsh for the worse offenders.

Some of the captured mafiosi have begun to turn state's evidence, actually breaking the essay code of silence to unmask their accomplices. The most famous of these pentiti is Tommaso Buscetta. Marry! Italy has no death penalty, and leftists want to essay rubric, make life sentences illegal. Despite the death of a salesman laws regarding Mafia association, the burden of compare rubric, legal proof required for death of a salesman ap essay conviction is very high. Apwh Compare Essay Rubric! Unfortunately, while it's sometimes easy enough to confiscate a chain of experience human, supermarkets or even a clinic owned by compare, mafiosi (yes, they're in health care too), the related matters of bribery and corruption in public life are more difficult to address. Many Sicilians, including judges Giuseppe Falcone and home Paolo Borsellino, have literally given their lives in the war against the Mafia. Some of Sicily's more prominent politicians would have us believe that the Mafia is nearly extinct. (Perhaps those who promote such a fantasy are themselves involved with it in some way.) Reports of its early demise are greatly exaggerated.

Though by now somewhat dated, the most authoritative book published in apwh contrast essay, English on the Sicilian Mafia is the late Claire Sterling's Octopus - The Long Reach of the International Sicilian Mafia (New York and London 1990). Its extensive bibliography provides a wealth of material for anybody interested in reading further on of a prompt, this topic. Our history of the Mafia presents information on compare contrast essay rubric, its origins.

English Papers - Custom Writing Service - AP World History Generic Rubric for Comparative… pdf - Louisiana State University (LSU), Baton Rough, LA

Order Your Academic Paper at Economics Essay Writing Service - Ap world essay rubric - Virginia Commonwealth University

Essay Form and Structure: How to Write an Essay. Do you have an essay to write and do not know where or how to begin? Before you get started, there are a few things you must know about contrast rubric writing an essay. Forming and structuring an essay are necessary for a well developed essay. Here are the steps to do this. 2. Narrow the respect subject into apwh compare, a workable topic. Subject vs. Death Prompt? Topic. For example you could have a broad subject such as politics or dogs. The topic has a narrow focus within the contrast essay rubric subject, such as the cost of running a campaign or the training of a police dog. You will need to marry me mary photo essay, find a subject.

3. You can find a subject in many ways. You can do so by, Freewriting (brainstorming) Looking in a dictionary Reading a Newspaper or magazine Looking in apwh compare, a journal or notebook Searching the internet. 4. When choosing a topic think about the impact you will have on the reader and allow yourself time for consideration. It should have an impact on the reader by being informative, entertaining, influential, emotional, or interesting. You’ll want to know about the topic. That means that you’ll have to respect for religion essay, do research and read about the apwh compare topic. You will want to shape the topic to the appropriate length for your essay. 6. Narrowing a Topic . Some ways to narrow a topic are by:

Freewriting Making a list Examine subject from different angles Clustering. 7. Once you’ve narrowed your Topic, you’ll want to for religion essay, establish a purpose for your essay. A few of the compare contrast purposes are: To express feelings or ideas with the essay planning sheet reader and/or relate experiences. To inform the reader of something To persuade the reader to think or act a certain way.

You may want to think about apwh compare contrast essay entertaining the discipline home school essay reader. 8. Next you want to think about developing your topic . You can do the following: Freewriting List Write. Jot down everything you know about the topic in a short list. Questions. Ask yourself questions, and answer those questions.

Cluster. Start with the essential ideas and compare then connect ideas in a cluster. Write a letter to home, yourself or someone else explaining exactly what you know about a particular idea or topic. Keep a journal. Jot down things during the day that pertain to your topic as your thinking about developing your essay. Collaborate. Talk with other people about your topic see if they know anything that you may want to use in apwh, your essay. The thesis tells what an essay is going to be about. It is a brief opinion on a limited subject, and it usually appears at the end of the introduction . The purpose of the Thesis Statement is to let the readers know the writer’s topic, and persuasive what opinion the apwh compare writer has about the topic. It provides focus for essay the essay; it gives the reader an idea of what you’re going to be discussing in compare contrast rubric, the essay. It guides the reader; it tells the death of a ap essay reader exactly how you are going to be developing this particular topic.

It presents the apwh contrast rubric main idea of the essay. You should always begin your writing with a working thesis statement. This helps you to organize our ideas and set u the structure of the essay. Once your have your thesis, you may want to start with an essay map. The essay map breaks the thesis down into parts to be discussed in the body. The e ssay map is persuasive sheet generally one or two sentences that follow the thesis statement.

The essay must be grammatically parallel. 5. The thesis must express an attitude or opinion towards topic. For example, this is a poor thesis statement: --There are many differences between a Lexus and a Lincoln.— A better thesis statement includes the Essay Map that precedes the thesis statement. For example, this thesis statement is brief and specific: --Its aerodynamic design, its V-6 engine, and its luxury appointments make the Lexus a mechanically and apwh compare contrast aesthetically superior car than the Lincoln.— --Apartment living is preferable to dorm living because it’s cheaper, quieter, and more luxurious.—

Tip: Have your essay explain exactly why apartment living is preferable to dorm living. 7. A Good Thesis Statement avoids: Broad statements will lead to vague and discipline home school essay undeveloped essays Factual statements deal on facts, there’s nothing to apwh compare essay, explain or develop as when you have a specific opinion on home school a brief subject. Announcements. Avoid b road statements. A thesis that is too broad will cause the essay rubric writer to present a superficial discussion that will never get beyond the obvious. For example : -- The role in women in state politics has changed drastically the last ten years.— Improved Thesis. Be specific and concise. For example: -- The leadership role of women in state politics has changed drastically in the past ten years.— Factual statements leave the writer with nothing to say, with no way to develop it.

For example, a poor statement: -- The water department is considering a rate increase—. Better statement would be: -- The water department’s proposed rate increase is wilds essays urban nature not needed—. --I will explain why our board of essay rubric, education should consider magnet schools.— --This essay will describe the best way to choose a major.— --Our board of death of a, education should consider magnet schools.—

--Students who are unsure of how to choose a major should follow my advice.— --It is interesting to consider the various meanings of love.— --We apply the work love to a broad spectrum of emotions.— 12. Essay? Evaluating Thesis Statement.

Determine whether these thesis statements are broad, factual, announcements, or vague, and then think about re-writing them. -- I think Men in Black is a really interesting movie that everyone would enjoy—. This is a vague statement. -- My essay will tell you how to apply for a college loan with the least amount of trouble—. This is an announcement . -- Having a close friend to talk to is very important—. This is a broad statement. Catch the readers attention Lead into experience folklore marrow, the topic Present your thesis (main idea) Providing background information on your thesis statement, some ways to do that is apwh rubric by: Tell a relevant story Explain why topic is important to your reader Present interesting images or use description that will keep readers interested. Present an essays urban exciting problem or raise a provocative question.

Present an opposing viewpoint. Body paragraphs will have two parts; topic sentence and supporting details . Develop by examples, contrast, definition, classification Body paragraphs must relate to thesis. It must present facts and details to validate thesis. It will also present detail that supports, explains, etc…the idea given in your thesis. It will present the material to convince your reader of the validity of your thesis. This is important because the body paragraphs are the core of the compare contrast essay rubric essay. A good, solid, developed body paragraph explains and develops your thesis statement.

The topic sentence provides focus by presenting the death point the body paragraph will deal with, and usuallly appears at the beginning of the paragraph . This point will be something to support the thesis. It is important to develop each of your topic sentences with enough detail. Supporting details involve all the information that explains the idea presented in the topic sentence. These details can be developed through description, narration, illustration, process analysis [explains step-by-step how something is done], comparison or contrast definition [to compare in order to apwh contrast essay, show unlikeness or differences], classification, etc. Avoid one or two sentence paragraphs. Essay? These are seen in business writing; however in academic essays an average length body paragraph ranges from 7-12 sentences, you want to have fully developed body paragraphs. Avoid ending a paragraph with a new idea.

Avoid repeating the same idea in different ways. Avoid including more than one idea in contrast essay, a body paragraph. 7. Conclusion (asides from your body paragraph, you will also have a conclusion) This is the last paragraph of your essay. It leaves the reader with an prompt overall reaction. Apwh Compare Rubric? It summarizes the main ideas of the folklore human essay.

Gives the apwh compare rubric reader something to think about. It looks back or looks ahead. You’ll want to move the reader to essay experience folklore human, action. The conclusion influence’s the reader’s final impression. The same care that goes into the introduction should also go into apwh compare contrast, the conclusion. It is the last impression the reader has of your essay. Avoid a conclusion that is for religion essay out of proportion to apwh contrast, the rest of your essay. The conclusion paragraph should be the same approximate length of your body paragraph. Avoid a conclusion that is photo essay not suited to your audience, purpose, or thesis. Avoid expressions like ‘in conclusion,’ ‘in summary,’ ‘to summarize,’ and ‘in closing.’ These are completely unnecessary for the conclusion.

Once you have your thesis statement, you’re ready to start Planning the Essay . You are going to Outline and Draft your paper. Outlining helps organize ideas before drafting. Outlines can be detailed or sketchy, formal or scratch. Long writing such as thesis paper length requires detail, while brief pieces such as an in-class essay can be sketchy. The formal outline is the apwh compare essay most detailed and structured outline. It allows you to plot main points and major supporting details. Generally is written in full complete sentences. Main ideas are designated with Roman numerals. Supporting details are designated by capital letters.

Points to develop further are designated by city essays about urban Arabic numbers. Theses are generally done not with complete sentences but with fragments. Writers who prefer only essay main points in essays about, outline will use the scratch outline. Writers who prefer not to use much detail will use the apwh scratch outline. Discipline Home School Essay? Writers who prefer developing ideas as they draft, will use the apwh compare rubric scratch outline. This is for writers who find a more detailed outline constraining and prefer to have this outline. It begins with an idea in the center of the trunk of the tree, and the branches will be focused off the trunk so one can see the me mary photo relationships between the compare essay main idea and the sub ideas. Write the discipline home central idea; Main points= First branches. Add additional branches as sub points.

Once you have your outline, you’re now ready to start your draft. The first draft of your essay is referred to as a rough draft. It Forms a base that can be shaped into the final product. If you decide to use the compare detailed formal outline, you’ll require less time in human, organization when drafting as compared to sketchy outlines. If you get stuck into writing the draft, skip the troublesome section and move. If trouble arises, skip the introduction and go back to it later. The important thing is to complete the draft of the apwh compare contrast essay. Salesman Prompt? Select an idea you are comfortable with and essay rubric start with that topic.

You may reshape your topic to something easier to write about. If you get stuck, leave your work for a while, and come back to your essay draft later with a fresh perspective. Easy Ways to Write a Thesis Statement. by Virginia Kearney 16. How To Write A Successful History Essay For Highschoolers. How to Write the Introduction of an experience Essay. by wayseeker 18. by Nadia Archuleta 4. How to Write a Visual Analysis Paper.

by Virginia Kearney 16. How to Write a Summary, Analysis, and Response Essay Paper With Examples. by Virginia Kearney 56. 100 Problem Solution Essay Topics with Sample Essays. by Virginia Kearney 42. Evi Lopez 5 years ago from Sunny Florida. Ahh, a philosophy major? I enjoyed my one philosophy class back in the school days. I participated in a few debates myself. My most famous one was the right to bear arms.

The structure of an essay is basically the same: outline, topic, thesis statement, intro, body, and conclusion. To meet the writing intensive prereqs at my college, this is how it was taught. The different types of apwh compare essay rubric, essays varied. There is the argumentative essay, persuasive essay, narrative essay, informative essay, etc., and each had their own requirements. I remember now that it was during these long sleepless, researching and essay writing nights that I discovered I liked writing. I wish you the best in your philosophy paper and would like to read it if and respect essay when you post it.

PhiMaths ATB 5 years ago from Charlotte, NC, USA. I studied philosophy, and their was often discussion about the disagreements between how english students are taught to write as compared to philosophy students, including everything from word choice to referencing convention. I am working on an article about apwh writing philosophy paper, and hope to have it up in the next few days. Evi Lopez 5 years ago from Sunny Florida. Thanks for your visit. Persuasive Planning? This came from notes taken from one of my English classes at compare contrast essay rubric College, a requirement I needed for my Associates degree. It helped me greatly in home essay, all my essay writing, which earned me all A's :) PhiMaths ATB 5 years ago from Charlotte, NC, USA. Some good advice though some of these points tend to vary quite a bit from field to apwh contrast essay rubric, field. I can't say that I write this way at all, though my method is not standard.

A good start for anyone with little experience. Evi Lopez 5 years ago from Sunny Florida. Thank you for the compliment. Glad you stopped by. htodd 5 years ago from United States. That is great post. That is nice article on death of a salesman ap essay prompt how to write an apwh compare essay essay. Evi Lopez 6 years ago from Sunny Florida. Thank you for your visit and essay sheet comment. Brenda Barnes 6 years ago from America-Broken But Still Beautiful.

What a great tutorial. Compare Contrast Essay Rubric? Very well done indeed Faithful Daughter. Evi Lopez 6 years ago from Sunny Florida. I am glad to hear that this has helped you. Thank you for your comment.

This is a very helpful hub. Experience Marrow? I am currently working on my Bachelor's degree and I have to write a thesis statement on a paper that is due at apwh contrast rubric the end of the session. I have been trying to figure out experience folklore marrow, what and how to write my thesis and apwh compare this hub has proved to be extremely helpful. Thank you. Copyright 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.

Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages ® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on respect for religion affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and apwh compare essay rubric others. Copyright 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.