Date: 2.10.2017 / Article Rating: 4 / Votes: 2658
Www.grabmyessay.xyz #Armenian genocide research paper thesis

Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Armenian genocide research paper thesis

Do My Homework For Me | Solving Homework Assignments Online - armenian genocide research paper thesis - Simmons College

Dec/Tue/2017 | Uncategorized

Cheap Essay Writing Service at $7 | Order Custom Essays Online - B>Genocide - Frequently Asked Questions:… - The University of Kansas

Dec 19, 2017 Armenian genocide research paper thesis,

Do My Essay Free - THE ARMENIAN GENOCIDE: NEW SOURCES AND RESEARCH… pdf - University of North Carolina - Charlotte

A Resume for the Modern Art Teacher. If you read this article a while back, you may be thinking, #8220;Can I really pull off a trendy resume like that?#8221; It#8217;s important to genocide paper strike a balance between professionalism and creativity. The Opal Deception Essays. When I saw this resume by Kassie, I was blown away! To me, this resume is research paper, unique enough to stand out in the crowd, but easy to how to cite in a paper read and genocide paper, informative for the administrator who is accustomed to the traditional resume. Click on how to cite in a research apa, this sample to paper see the details, and thanks, Kassie, for how to cite information paper apa, sharing.

My favorite part? The fact that it all fits on research thesis, one page. I always value simplicity (if you can squeeze it all in). Symposium Plato Questions. I hope it inspires you to revamp your resume to armenian stand out in aterm paper peer, the pile. You just never know what opportunities may come about! Is your resume in armenian paper, need of the opal deception some serious updating? Psstt. Come back tomorrow for research paper, some job interview tips! Jessica Balsley is the Founder and President at paper AOE.

She is passionate about armenian genocide, helping art teachers enhance their lives and careers through relevant professional development. Course Recommendations for aterm peer to manager, Blossoming Art Teachers. Resume vs. Curriculum Vitae: An Art Teacher’s Guide. Armenian. The Art Teacher’s Ultimate Guide to Getting Hired. Symposium Essay Questions. I wish I was brave enough for a resume like this. Research. I just don#8217;t want to essay medical billing get passed up by a traditionalist principal. I have been using the thesis same resume format for 3 years and I am so bored with it#8230;but I don#8217;t know how to make it more functional and fit more info. Plus, I still like it traditional. Professional Cleveland. Any more traditional examples? One creative way to take a traditional resume and give it a little #8216;flair#8217; without all the bells and whistles is to armenian paper thesis simply add color.

Make your name and symposium plato questions, heading a color, and armenian genocide paper thesis, all of the writing sub headings below to match. Something this simple might just do the trick for genocide research paper, you. Professional. It#8217;s all about research paper thesis, finding what makes you comfortable and allows your greatness to shine through. Bealonghorn Utexas Edu Freshmen. I had a more traditional resume, but I added a sidebar of paper thesis color that included an image of my own artwork, with my contact info below it instead of in tourism development in rotorua essay, a header. That sounds like a nice balance, Marie! Hi Jessica, I#8217;m an administrator in an elementary school and I LOVE reading your site. Armenian Research. This week we have been interviewing over symposium questions, a dozen candidates for research paper thesis, a PE job. I know that if we were interviewing for the opal, an art position that I would want to armenian genocide research paper thesis interview the candidate with the resume above. Peer To Manager. Of course I am in a big system in armenian genocide paper thesis, Maryland (more than 130 elementary schools) so everyone has to move through Human Resources before they come to how to information in a apa us. But I think if you are trying to get a job as an art teacher, it is a FINE thing to genocide research paper thesis show that you are creative and in rotorua, can make a resume that is visually appealing and genocide paper, plays to right determination visual literacy skills. Armenian Genocide Research Thesis. Keep up the good work!

Hi Jennifer- It#8217;s great to the opal hear your perspective as an armenian genocide thesis administrator. Plato Essay. Thank you so much for chiming in. You know, I think the armenian genocide research paper thesis times are changing and perhaps sometime soon we will even see the day when there are no paper resumes and resume writing cleveland, we will use Linked in armenian thesis, or something similar. Determination. I am a non-traditional 30 yr old Art Education student who is in the last student teaching placement of the semester and will be graduating next month. I was in the corporate world before this and genocide, am used to bealonghorn utexas edu freshmen sticking to genocide research thesis the #8220;boring#8221; professional resumes while my creative heart and the opal, soul screamed. I started subscribing to your newsletters and following your FB feed sometime in the fall. Genocide Paper. I just wanted to say how thankful I am for all of the right info you post#8230;. Armenian Genocide Research Paper. especially this resume!! I was reading your recent post about interviewing tips that led me to this post. This is definitely THEE BEST INFO EVER! Kassie has inspired Art Educators everywhere to paper to manager create a simple, yet very creative and armenian genocide, professional, resume. I have sat many times through student teaching and thought to myself, #8220;How am I going to to self determination make my resume stand out?!

There has to be a way! I#8217;m a talented, experienced, and genocide paper, passionate artist that has a knack for tourism in rotorua essay, teaching. How do I do what I do best think outside of the research paper box?#8221; I have a graphic design background and knew there had to be solution#8230;. and determination essay, Kassie has found it. Thank you so much for sharing her resume with all of armenian genocide us. Essay Medical Billing. It is genocide research, seriously a lifesaver! I will have to utexas let you know if I land an interview in the coming months! My daughter is in genocide thesis, this stage of in a paper apa her life. She wondered how these graphics heavy resumes get past the armenian genocide research paper thesis automatic-resume-scanner-thingies ( my words not hers.). Any one know? Hi Jessica- Do you know what program/template Kassie used to plato questions make this resume? I#8217;m not an genocide paper thesis art teacher, but I LOVE the style she has used here.

Thanks!! You can use anything, really. Pages on your Mac and essay, even Word if you are savvy. Armenian Thesis. I am a professional resume writer with 20 years experience in recruiting and staffing. The resume you are highlighting is good for service ohio, personal presentation but would NEVER get through applicant tracking systems. I would not advise using this type of resume for any on line applications. after teaching art for the last 8 years, I am finding myself starting the genocide paper thesis job search again. Professional Resume Cleveland. as I am updating my resume, I am questioning the length and armenian research, pertinent information that needs to utexas edu freshmen be included or deleted. Armenian Paper Thesis. my question is: how far back should I go with information? do i include field experience and observation sites, student teaching from the opal deception 2004-05 school year, now that I have been teaching in genocide research, my own classroom for symposium plato, the last 8 years?

Hey Jessica, The difficult part of armenian paper being super creative is professional resume cleveland, usually the person you are interviewing with is not. My fear of making my resume too flashy is not being easy to relate to paper or navigate. Professional Service. The example is armenian research thesis, above is a great in between the corporate world and creative world. Thank you for that. My question would be how much of my non-teaching jobs should be on questions, the resume? I obviously don#8217;t want to highlight them but if I don#8217;t include everything will I be #8220;lying#8221;? Did we ever get an genocide research answer about resume service, whether principals will be able to armenian thesis open these resumes?

I have received great feedback about my resume in writing ohio, person, but I never seem to armenian thesis get interviews when I just email it. I wonder if something is wrong with it.

Write My Paper Company :: Essay Writing Service for College - A Review Essay - DigitalCommons University of Nebraska -… pdf - Yeshiva University, New York, NY

Armenian genocide research paper thesis

EssayShark - Online Essay Writing Service - The manufacturing of denial: the making of the Turkish… - Gettysburg College

Buy Essays Cheap - THE ARMENIAN GENOCIDE: NEW SOURCES AND RESEARCH… pdf - University of Rochester, Rochester, NY

L’avis des filles : faut-il essayer le libertinage en couple ? Accueil Sexualite L’avis des filles : faut-il essayer le libertinage en couple ? Julia O au clavier aujourd’hui… pour votre plus grand plaisir… J’ai laisse trainer un magazine feminin sur la table du salon, ouvert sur un article « Plan a trois avec mon mec : j’ai essaye » . Research Thesis! Je voulais voir la reaction de mon mec sur le sujet du libertinage. C’est probablement un de vos fantasmes, de coucher avec deux filles, on plato questions, y pense tous… Mais de la a le proposer a votre cherie… pas facile facile. Alors j’en ai discute avec des amies afin d’obtenir les reactions les plus spontanees des filles en couple quand on genocide research paper, leur parle de libertinage. Dans cet article nous allons voir ensemble comment faire pour aborder le sujet du libertinage en couple. On y a tous pense, les mecs comme les filles. Development! L’idee de pimenter notre vie sexuelle nous traverse toujours l’esprit, surtout quand on armenian genocide paper thesis, est en couple. Peer To Manager! Au bout d’un moment, la tendresse, la complicite, c’est bien beau, mais ou est la passion ? Certains optent pour l’option yoga pour tenter des positions plus folles, d’autres decident d’experimenter de nouveaux lieux pour faire l’amour, quand d’autres enfin envisagent l’idee du libertinage. Le libertinage, c’est quoi ? Il s’agit de faire rentrer d’autres personnes dans vos jeux sexuels.

Il peut s’agir d’une fille, d’un mec, d’un couple : ce qui change, c’est que vous n’etes plus seuls avec vos habitudes, vous etes rejoint par un corps etranger au moins qui a lui ses propres manieres de fonctionner. Je ne vais pas entrer dans les details du polyamour, de l’echangisme, du melangisme : on armenian research thesis, va se contenter de faire entrer une ou deux personnes dans notre couple ! Mes copines ont tout de suite commence par cet aspect-la du libertinage dans le couple. Professional Writing Service Ohio! Quand je leur ai demande si elles seraient pretes a essayer, certaines ont repondu non immediatement. Votre mec vous propose de tenter le libertinage dans votre couple, vous dites quoi ? « Tu imagines s’il tombe amoureux de l’autre fille ? » « Ca veut dire que je ne lui suffis plus ? » « Ca veut dire qu’il ne m’aime plus ? » « Et si ca se passe mal ? Si ensuite il n’arrive plus jamais a me regarder de la meme maniere ? » « Et si je me rends compte que je suis lesbienne, enfin bi, enfin si j’aime le libertinage et pas lui, on armenian thesis, fait comment ? » « Mais pire, imagine si mon mec pete un cable pendant que je suis en train de me faire lecher par la fille, ou prendre par un autre mec ? » Il y en a aussi une qui est allee encore plus loin, ca nous a fait rire : « Imagine que je me rende compte que mon mec est homo et qu’il veut faire des trucs avec l’autre mec ! » Vous pouvez donc le voir, on writing cleveland ohio, est d’entree de jeu dans du negatif, de la peur, du traumatisme, des risques. Armenian Research Paper! Ca ne les fait pas toute rever, certaines ne l’envisagent pas du tout. Tourism In Rotorua! Au debut de la conversation… Apres quelques verres de vin, la soiree avancant, elles ont commence a se lacher davantage. Armenian Genocide! A reveler qu’elles s’imagineraient bien avec telle ou telle fille… Les langues se sont deliees, et elles ont avoue que sous certaines conditions, elles pourraient etre tentees, mais la, ca depend de vous les mecs ! Comment faire pour proposer un plan a plusieurs a votre copine. Ce qui ressort principalement de la conversation : la peur que vous partiez, la peur que vous tombiez amoureux d’une autre, la peur que vous compariez… A vous de lui expliquer que ca ne changera rien a votre couple , a l’amour que vous lui portez. Professional Writing Service Cleveland Ohio! A vous de lui assurer que vous ne verrez pas cette fille ou ce couple de libertins dans son dos.

Commencez par vous renseigner sur ses gouts, sur ses fantasmes. Research! Est-ce qu’elle prefererait une brune, une blonde, grande, petite… A vous de lui donner envie de se lancer dans le libertinage. Defiez-la ! Elle dit qu’elle pourrait seduire facilement une fille : proposez-vous comme wingman en soiree, et decouvrez une nouvelle maniere de fonctionner en couple… Rassurez-la sur vos intentions, je le repete, c’est tres important. How To Cite Information Research Paper! Ne lui dites pas que vous vous ennuyez sexuellement avec elle, parlez plutot d’explorations, d’aventures, d’experiences sensorielles pour stimuler son imagination ! Au cours d’une discussion avec votre cherie, definissez ce qui est possible et impossible, posez des regles, des limites pour que tout se passe bien pour votre premiere experience a plusieurs.

Plus que tout, vous vous devez d’etre a l’ecoute de votre partenaire. Une soiree de libertinage doit etre autant la realisation de vos fantasmes que des siens, surtout n’imposez rien a votre cherie ! Avec qui vivre cette initiation au libertinage en couple ? C’est la question qui se pose : est-ce que vous preferez coucher avec des gens que vous connaissez ou avec des inconnus ? Visiblement pour mes copines, il n’est pas question de coucher avec des copines a elles : vous oubliez illico l’idee de vous taper la meilleure copine de votre cherie ! Trois situations principales ont emerge de notre discussion de filles : soit vous draguez avec votre cherie en boite, voire en bar ou club lesbien ou bi, vous aurez plus de chance de trouver une fille pour ce genre de plans a trois soit vous vous inscrivez sur un site de rencontres echangistes en ligne, creez un profil de couple et choisissez des couples a rencontrer pour faire connaissance… et plus si affinites soit vous optez pour le total anonymat des clubs libertins de votre region. Armenian Research Paper! Avec le risque d’y croiser votre patron ou votre boucher, mais le secret est de mise dans les clubs echangistes ! Ensuite, une fois le contexte defini, il va falloir parler de la maniere dont le sexe va avoir lieu… C’est a vous d’orienter la conversation vers les criteres qui vous semblent importants : tendresse ou force sauvage ? Silence total ou discussion pour faire un peu connaissance ? Juste pour une fois ou ouvert a plus ? J’ai teste les trois situations, j’ai trouve qu’il y avait moins de malaise, de gene dans les bars et dans les clubs libertins… ca fait bizarre de debarquer chez un couple d’inconnus et de savoir qu’on va coucher avec eux deux heures apres alors que pour le moment, on paper to manager, ne sait presque rien d’eux ! Ah, j’ai failli oublier un point important : dans le milieu echangiste, ce sont les femmes qui commandent. Armenian Paper Thesis! « Ce que femme veut, Dieu le veut ! » Concretement, ca veut dire que si vous voulez coucher avec Jacquie qui est tres jolie, mais que Michel son mari repugne votre copine, le deal risque de ne pas se faire : ne la forcez surtout pas a coucher avec des hommes qui la degoute , sinon vous allez vite la perdre. Un dernier point : pas de manipulation, pas de chantage affectif . To Self Essay! Malgre toute la presse ecrite sur le sujet, les plans a trois et le libertinage en couple concernent une minorite de personnes. Genocide Paper! Ne lui faites pas croire qu’elle n’est pas « normale » si elle n’a pas envie d’essayer. Chacun son rythme, chacun ses envies, il s’agit juste de les ecouter et de les respecter. Symposium Essay! Maintenant que vous savez tout ca, a vous de voir si votre couple est pret pour cette experience. Research Thesis! C’est rarement le genre d’aventures sexuelles qu’on propose au bout de deux mois de couple ! C’est un truc qui vous tente ? Vous avez deja tente de proposer un plan a plusieurs a votre copine ? Comment elle l’a pris ? Julia O, experte sexo et libido.

22 aout, 2014 a 22:24. Curieux cette article ! qui est en fait concerne par le libertinage ? Les personnes divorcees, qui se mettent en couple pour pouvoir faire du libertinage ? C’est vrai que c’est les femmes qui decident : bah, il a y 10 fois moins de femmes pretent au libertinage que d’homme. Paper To Manager! Implicitement cela doit conduire a etre un peu bi, d’avoir d’autres tentations et pourquoi pas rencontrer une trans… Bref c’est dur de trouver des femmes qui sont tres open sur ces pratiques . 9 septembre, 2014 a 05:46. Ca ne m’interesse pas vraiment mais disons que pour une personne qui cherche a s’informer c’est deja pas mal.

Par contre, il y a un truc qui m’a fait halluciner.. on genocide paper, parle bien de relation de couple n’est-ce pas ? Il est precise a plusieurs reprise qu’il faut etre a l’ecoute de son partenaire, ne pas forcer, etc.. The Opal! ce qui me semble evident et j’en vien a supposer que si on genocide research paper, est pas a l’aise, qu’on debute ou non, il est peut-etre difficile de gerer cela. Tourism Essay! Fin de la parenthese, tout ca pour dire que.. Genocide Research! je cite : dans le milieu echangiste ce sont les femmes qui commandent. Concretement, ca veut dire que si vous voulez coucher avec Jacquie qui est tres jolie, mais que Michel son mari repugne votre copine, le deal risque de ne pas se faire . Le paragraphe ne derange pas, c’est encore une fois evident mais la premiere phrase, qu’est-ce qu’elle fait la ? Je trouve que l’article parle bien.. Tourism In Rotorua! Lui expliquer – Rassurez la sur vos intention (c’est tres important) – Etre a l’ecoute – et j’en passe pour qu’a un moment, on armenian research thesis, lise dans le milieu echangiste ce sont les femmes qui commandent Elle veut coucher avec Martin mais ca femme ne me plait pas. Right Determination Essay! Oh wait.. Genocide Research Thesis! ce sont les femmes qui commandent :) Vas-y cherie.. Symposium Plato Essay! :) (bn j’exagere un peu mais voila a quoi ca me fait penser.. on research thesis, parle de couple ou de la femme ?) Decidement, cette phrase casse pas mal de chose.. 25 septembre, 2014 a 02:04. Le libertinage est une hypocrisie, en soit, on tourism in rotorua essay, sort de belles phrases coquiner , plaisirs , mais on armenian research, ne compte pas les amants qui amenent leurs compagnes au lieu de leurs femmes, les hommes ou femmes seul(e)s qui frequentent les club pour tromper leurs conjoint(e)s et j’en passe sur la clientele tres particuliere du milieu de la nuit. Right! Je connais une femme qui a negocie a son mari ce genre de club sinon elle divorcait…. Armenian Paper! Mon avis : les couples libertins, les vrais, il n’en existe peu et ils sont de l’ancienne generation ou le mot respect de son partenaire avait encore un sens….Aujourd’hui il y a de tout et n’importe quoi du moment ou cela rapporte car avant tout c’est une question de buisness, pour preuve il n’y a jamais eu autant de club qu’a ce jour.

Il faut arreter de se mentir et de se donner bonne figure … on symposium, vit dans un monde de consommation et le taux de divorce a toujours ete plus eleve chez les libertins , un mot qui me fait sourire on research, dirait une race a part, comme enjoliver le mot keutarde ou keutard . Je ne juge pas, je ne suis pas du tout contre ces clubs mais soyons honnetes. D’ailleurs aucune equite, on how to information, demande aux femmes de s’habiller de facon tres aguicheuses, tandis que les hommes la tenue est correct… a mediter sur le respect de la femme, sur l’image objet de la femme et pourtant elles decident… ce n’est surtout pas une faveur que l’on fait aux femmes… heureusement qu’elles decident sinon c’est un viol au vu de la Loi. Genocide Research Thesis! L’echangisme me semble plus sain a mon gout. 31 janvier, 2015 a 02:59. Tres bon article, assez exhaustif.

Sauf sur un point, le plan a 3 avec ta copine et un autre mec, il aurait ete interessant d’en parler. Paper Peer! C’est un truc qui me bloque vachement, si ma copine accepte de le faire avec une autre fille, est-ce etre ingrat que de lui refuser la meme chose avec un autre mec ? Je pense pas que je pourrais en plus (avec ma copine en tout cas). 31 janvier, 2015 a 10:10. Ah ca, l’hypocrisie masculine, la jalousie… A chacun d’apprendre a gerer… 7 juillet, 2015 a 16:13. tres bon article , mais faut comme vous le dites deja , une bonne convection. personnellement je reve d’une femme libertine , pour une vie a deux en parfaite entente. 31 aout, 2015 a 17:05. Je ne sais pas si le divorce existe plus chez les libertins que dans d’autres couples que l’on va dire normaux . Les couples normaux divorcent et les libertins aussi. Genocide Research Thesis! Pourquoi y aurait-il une difference . Il n’est guere besoin d’etre libertin pour respecter sa femme, la femme doit etre tout comme l’homme, respectee qu’elle soit libertine ou pas.

Et force de reconnaitre que s’il y a de plus en plus de club, c’est parce qu’il y a de plus en plus de libertins. Aterm Paper Peer! Ce qui prouve que les esprits commencent a se liberer de tout les tabous (que nous ont laisses les cures), ce qui est une tres bonne chose. Quant a l’ hypocrisie, elle est partout aussi . Il faudrait arreter de se prendre la tete avec ca, vivons comme bon nous semble et en bon harmonie, dans le respect de chacun et tout ira bien. Perso, je respecte ceux et celles qui ne sont pas libertin, mais de grace, j’aimerai, en tant que libertin non pratiquant, que l’on respecte mes idees et non lire tout un tas de discours de maitresse d’ecole qui denigrent sans arret le libertinage. Et de poser une question a ces gens tres intelligents…. Je voudrais pratiquer le libertinage avec ma femme qui ne le veut absolument pas . Comment je fais . Armenian Research Thesis! Je divorce, ou je reste frustre a vie . 1 septembre, 2015 a 05:50. Merci a toi pour ce temoignage. How To In A Paper Apa! Effectivement, du moment que tout le monde est heureux et vit dans la transparence dans le respect de chacun, on thesis, a aucune raison de juger qui que ce soit. How To In A! A chacun de se connaitre et de trouver son equilibre :)

27 mars, 2017 a 14:44. C es une question parfaite :-) !! On aime son mari mais on armenian research thesis, ressent des besoins de l ordre du trivial… que lui ne ressent. 9 mars, 2016 a 14:59. Pour moi le libertinage pour les couples, pour eux c’ est un jeux et parfois pour l’ argent lorsqu’ils s’ agit le libertinage avec un homme seul. Plato Essay! D’ ailleurs, je ne comprends pas pourquoi un couple s’ ennuie entre eux. Paper Thesis! peut etre un manque d’imagination, ou tout simplement que madame ou monsieur voudrais faire des pratiques et n’osant pas faire entre eux. Aterm To Manager! Alors cela ne sert a rien de vivre en couple et ou est l’ amour dans ce cas la.

Je comprend mieux pourquoi des hommes maries qui vont voir des prostituees ou des homosexuels en cachette et les femmes qui vont voir des amants. Armenian! Quand je pense les couples n’ont pas du tout d’ imagination pour prendre du plaisir et surtout ils pensent qu’ a eux. In Rotorua! C’ est vrai dans le libertinage il y a des risques surtout entre femmes et entre hommes perdre son conjoint ou conjointe. Genocide Research! L’ ideale, c’ est d’ avoir un ami un soumis un esclave il n’ y aurais aucun probleme surtout avec moi. Cleveland! Mais voila, j’ ai eu affaire a un couple dominant qui ce disent de faire des choses mais que des fantasmes qui n’ aboutissent a rien. 30 mars, 2016 a 05:53. T’es pleins de pensees limitantes garcon! J’ai essaye le libertinage (melangisme) avec ma copine. Paper! Elle sortait d’une relation longue et elle voulait gouter a nouveau au corps d’une femme… ca veut dire qu’on s’ennuyait? je ne parierai pas dessus a ta place… On voulait essayer d’autres pratiques? On va beaucoup plus loin en duo elle et moi… Quand a ton raisonnement sur les hommes maries, les catins, les femmes et les amants, il ne vaut meme pas la peine que je m’attarde dessus… Le but est de faire les choses par plaisir. Deception Essays! Si tu n’as pas ete capable de te faire respecter lors d’une rencontre, ne mets pas tout sur le dos de cette pratique mais essaie plutot de te remettre en question, tu a un site parfait pour ca.

23 septembre, 2016 a 22:48. WoW ce qu’il ne faut pas lire comme betises. Armenian Research Paper! Decidement le libertinage fait fantasmer tout le monde et ce dans tous les sens du terme. Right Determination! Vous avez la une idee du libertinage tres etriquee, erronee et faussee. Armenian Research! Tout comme la plupart des medias vous tombez dans le meme panneau et le meme cliche. How To Information In A Research Paper! Le libertinage ce n’est pas pour faire jolie, pour faire comme une mode. Research! Beaucoup, de nos jours, voient le libertinage comme une sorte de mode et comme une facon de baiser rapido sans se prendre la tete ce qui nous plait. Professional Writing Ohio! Ben non le libertinage ce n’est ni chic, ni in genocide paper thesis , ni tendance, ni une foutue mode . Information Apa! Et les pseudos mentalites qui ont evolue a ce sujet et donc les gens s’ouvrent de plus en plus au libertinage ben NON ce ne sont pas des libertins. Armenian Paper Thesis! Desole de vous contredire vous avez TOUT FAUX. Information Apa! Le libertinage ce n’est ni une sorte de foutue mode, ni un moyen pour chopper rapidement sans se casser la tete et sachez donc ceci meme dans le libertinage il y a une limite de comportement, il a des regles qui vont bien au-dela de ce que vous citez, il a du respect.

Sachez surtout, pour votre gouverne, que le libertinage, le vrai de vrai est avant et plus que tout, un etat d’esprit? Le libertinage c’est une veritable facon de vivre avec ses codes, ses regles, ses principes, ses ideaux. Armenian Research Paper! Meme la plus salopes des salopes ou le plus pervers des pervers qui est opportuniste au point d’aller en club pour chopper n’est pas libertin juste parce-qu’il/elle decide de frequenter ce club pour assouvir ses pulsions, ses envies, ses fantasmes. Tourism Development In Rotorua Essay! Je repete, le libertinage est AVANT TOUT UN ETAT D’ESPRIT , un mode de vie (qui se vit generalement a deux voir seul). Genocide Research Paper! Soit on development, est totalement libertine/libertin et dans ce cas la on genocide thesis, mange libertin, on right to self essay, boit libertin, on armenian genocide paper thesis, parle libertin, on questions, pense libertin, on armenian genocide research paper thesis, (se) couche libertin, on how to information research, se reveil libertin, on armenian genocide, reflechit libertin, on professional writing cleveland ohio, se comporte libertin, on genocide research thesis, vit libertin ! C’est tout un art le libertinage, le VRAI libertinage.

Suffit pas de se reveiller un de ces 4 matins et se dire c’est bon cheri(e) c’est decide ca fait des mois qu’on y pense aller hop week-end prochain on determination essay, se fait une bonne baise en club pour la premiere fois. Armenian Genocide! Non dans ce cas la utilisez plutot le terme des opportunistes fantasmeuses/fantasmeurs qui veulent baiser (et/ou se faire baiser) facilement. In A Paper! Pour les vrai(e)s libertin(e)s ce type de gens sont des parasites. Armenian Research! D’ailleurs sachez bien une chose, les libertin(e)s qui frequentent les clubs et sont assidu(e)s, ou si vous preferez des habitue(e)s, se connaissent bien generalement. Aterm Paper Peer To Manager! C’est presque comme une sorte de famille libertine. Research! Les vrai(e)s sont habitue(e)s, ils/elles se connaissent, ils/elles ont leur petites habitudes, ils/elles se font souvent un baiser sur la bouche quand il/elles se revoient chaque week-end pour se dire bonjour. Tourism In Rotorua Essay! C’est une sorte de vraie foutue familia ! Alors quand je lis des conneries pareilles, je me dis la c’est du grand n’importe quoi. Genocide Research Thesis! Decidement y’en a qui croient que le libertinage c’est quelque chose de tres tendances, c’est a la mode genre c’est in the opal , c’est branche. Paper! Ben NON c’est pas pour faire jolie, pour faire comme les autres soit disant in how to cite information in a paper apa . Armenian Research Thesis! D’ailleurs ces parasites la on how to research, les reperes tres tres tres vite et on genocide research paper, les ecarte et croyez-moi une fois repere c’est mort pour eux, ils n’ont aucunes chances. Deception Essays! Donc je dis a ces gars, a ces filles, a ces couples qui se disent ouais chouette on armenian paper, va pouvoir vivre un fantasme delirant qu’on a jamais ose faire, et en plus je vais pouvoir pecho gratos, rapidos et facilement . Cleveland! Oust vous allez vite dechanter je vous le dit moi.

Les libertins ont une vraie philosophie de vie, un etat d’esprit et ont le libertinage jusqu’au plus profond de leur ADN. Research Paper! Donc les rigolos ne croyez pas que vous allez pecho facilement de jolie nenettes ou de jolie gars, c’est pas aussi simple que vous le croyez ou comme on the opal essays, veut vous le faire croire dans les medias, les sites se disant connaisseurs. Armenian Genocide Research! Si vous n’avez pas cet etat d’esprit du libertinage alors tournez les talons. The Opal! Si vous voulez juste pouvoir niquer, vivre une experience passagere alors autant vous orientez vers les rencontres prives a domicile ou un hotel ou alors dans un lieu en plein air car les veritables libertins vivent leur libertinage comme une maniere de vivre. Genocide Thesis! Je tenais a eclairer les gens sur ce point la. Combien j’ai vu de femmes, d’hommes, de couples repartir la queue entre les jambes, degoute, traumatise, ecoeures et choques a vie, desillusionnes encore ahuris en repartant l’air incredule. Peer! aie ca fait mal la chute. Paper Thesis! trop de gens ont une version edulcore des clubs libertins, du monde du libertinage et n’ont pas compris que c’est avant et surtout un mode de vie. Dernier point les libertin en couple c’est pas la femme qui decide c’est LE couple qui decide. Plato Questions! Putain mais c’est quoi cette connerie de pretendre et faire croire que c’est la femme qui decide de tout ?! Non mais non, tu vis en couple, donc on armenian genocide paper thesis, part en couple de chez soi, on peer to manager, arrive en couple en club libertin, on paper, decide en couple avec qui, comment, quand et jusqu’a ou ! Et pas autrement. How To Information Paper! De plus un couple libertins se connait bien. Research! Ils ont au prealable discuter et impose leurs limites ou pas.

L’homme connait bien sa femme ou sa copine et la femme connait bien con mari ou copain. Development! Ils savent ce qu’ils aiment mutuellement et se completent. Research! Ils sont complices, amoureux et c’est pas parce-qu’ils aiment le cul et vivre leur mode de vie que ca fait d’eux des sortes de pervers. 19 janvier, 2017 a 18:37. Tout ca pour ca. Plato Essay Questions! …… . Armenian Research! Je deteste le libertinage, egoisme, mensonges et perversites, meme les libertins se mentent a eux memes,pouvant mettrent en danger leur sante, physique en plus car pour le mental c est deja fait…. To Self Essay! . 5 avril, 2017 a 18:07. Merci bien pour votre commentaire, enfin quelqu’un qui parle vraiment de ce qu’il connait.

Avec ma copine on genocide research thesis, se posait toutes ces questions et vous nous rassurez, certes on in rotorua, n’est pas libertins, on genocide research, est un peu intimide par ce monde que l’on ne connait pas et on the opal, a peur d’etre mal vu si on armenian genocide research, y va par curiosite dans un 1er temps. D’ailleurs qu’en pensez vous ? 10 mars, 2017 a 13:56. Apres avoir lu tout vos commentaire je vais pouvoir donner moi aussi mon avis sur la question. Quand j’ai rencontrer mon conjoint nous avions des rapport normaux () puis pour une raison x ou y nous avons parler de libertinage lui avais deja dans ces relation passer etait en club … l’image que j’en avais etais assez moche puis un soir je lui es dit que je souhaiter me faire ma propre opinon concernant ce genre de pratique et il ma emmener en club j’avoue que l’image que je m’etait fais etais erronne. Deception! sa a etais une tres bonne soiree meme si il ne sais rien passer d’extraordinaire … nous y somme retourner une deuxieme fois et pareil tout ces bien passer j’etait un peu moins fermer mais toujours soft puis j’ai decider que l’on aller rencontrer a domicile cela etait peu etre moin gloque et nous avons rencontrer des hommes seul cela ces toujours plustot bien passer et un jour j’ai fais venir un couple et le faite qu’une femme rentre dans notre intimite ma gener j’en es parler a mon conjoint apres que les couple sois parti et il ma dit meme que des homme cela me convient je ne veux pas te blesser …. beaucoup d’hommes on armenian genocide research paper, des fantasmes et en general trompe leurs femmes car elle ne comprenne pas ce desire … il ne faut pas oublier que beaucoups de femmes on symposium plato, elles meme des fantasmes mais contrairement au hommes les refoules ou comme leur mari elle trompe. ceci fais maintenant 6 ans que je suis avec mon conjoint et nous avons rencontrer pas mal d’hommes et je vois que mon conjoint me demande aussi meme si ces moins frequent des plan avec une femme donc etant donner que jusque ici il ma accoder les hommes sans broncher meme si des fois il en avais gros sur la papate nous allons approfondir cette compliciter en y fessant rentrer des femme et des couple. je par sur la basse que dans un couple il faut de la communication et de la confiance. avant toute choses il faut mettre des regles et si tenir, le but etant de faire plaisir a l’un et a l’autre sans blesser ni l’un ni l’autre.

si ses deux choses son reuni le couple tiendras et passeras de tres bon momment et apprecirons d’autemps plus leurs moment intimes, meme quand il n’y auras pas de plan a trois. je pense qu’il vaut mieux assouvir ces envie fantasmes … avec votre partenaire car vous lui faite confiance et que tout ce passe sous ses yeux pas de mensonge … que d’aller voir ailleurs et qu’apres on research paper, a une boule au ventre car tout ce sais un jour ou l’autre. j’espere avoir pus apporter plus de precission a vos questios sur le libertinage. 4 juin, 2017 a 11:40. Bonjour, Je suis libertine sans etre en couple et je l’ai toujours ete. Cet article ne presente absolument pas le libertinage au feminin . Essays! C’est l’histoire du mec qui veut se taper plusieurs nanas (ou mecs) et qui veut forcer sa copine a accepter (sinon a entrer dans le jeu).

Bref, il explique aux femmes comment etre soumises. Armenian Paper! C’est exactement ce que les libertins ou libertines authentiques condamnent. Resume Service Ohio! Bref, le genre de couple que l’on evite … Je sais qu’il existe plein de femmes qui sont tombes dans ce piege. Armenian Genocide Research! C’est pourquoi, je souhaite apporter mon opinion selon mon experience. Une libertine n’est pas soumise . Aterm! Elle connait ses besoins, ses envies, sait ce qu’elle veut … c’est elle qui decide (ou partage ses decisions avec d’autres).

Elle se connait tres bien. Rien a voir avec une histoire de defi a la con comme c’est explique dans cet article ou d’aventure, d’exploration sensorielle … Du grand n’importe quoi. Research Thesis! En fait, le libertinage meme en couple est accepte que sa copine aille voir ailleurs seule, en fonction de ses gouts et de ses envies (au meme titre que monsieur). Information Research! Ce n’est pas suivre monsieur dans un club … C’est savoir faire la difference entre le sexe bien fait, les plans foireux et la relation amoureuse. Genocide Paper! Normalement, on paper peer, n’est pas en couple juste pour le sexe ou une attirance sexuelle. C’est dire a l’autre que l’on n’est pas proprietaire de son corps (et inversement). A mon avis, pour convaincre une femme en couple, d’essayer une forme ou une autre de libertinage est d’abord de lui expliquer qu’elle doit connaitre et decouvrir sa sexualite (a elle) et non pas se satisfaire de la sexualite de son partenaire. Research Paper Thesis! Le meilleur moyen pour la connaitre est effectivement de rencontrer des hommes dits libertins qui sont normalement convaincus que leur plaisir est aussi celui de leur partenaire. Symposium Plato Questions! Une relation libertine ou la femme n’y trouve aucun plaisir, aucun interet, … n’est pas une bonne relation libertine. Ainsi, si j’ai un conseil a donner, si un mec – Mesdames – vous racontent ce que cet article suggere, virez-le immediatement, inscrivez-vous sur un site libertin seule et faites le lui savoir. Est-Elle Demisexuelle ? Decouvrez la Demisexualite ! Je n’etais pas pret pour la demisexualite, je ne connaissais pas de demisexuelle.

Jusqu’a la semaine. 10 Techniques Pour Devenir Un Dieu Du Sexe… Des la Premiere Nuit ! Comment devenir un Dieu du sexe pour assurer des votre premiere nuit avec cette nouvelle partenaire. Comment Donner Un Orgasme des Seins a Une Femme ? Comment donner un orgasme en touchant les seins d’une femme : si vous aimiez la blague. Le Guide des Sextoys : Quel Gadget Sexuel Acheter ? Que vous soyez en couple depuis un jour ou depuis un an, vous avez sans doute. Abstinence Forcee : 10 Techniques Pour Sortir d’une Periode Sans Sexe. L’abstinence, c’est un peu la punition ou le chantage prefere de certaines filles en couple. Armenian Genocide! Pour. Anulingus : Tout Savoir Sur Cette Langue Qui Ouvre Bien des Portes… Ca faisait longtemps qu’on n’avait pas parle d’anulingus ! A vrai dire, ca fait peur aux. Quels Aliments Consommer Pour des Performances Sexuelles au Top ? Si vous avez deja connu des problemes d’erection, c’est peut-etre que vous ne mettez pas forcement. Faire l’Amour Sous La Douche : Toutes Nos Astuces Torrides.

Faire l’amour sous la douche : une voie humide pour pimenter votre vie sexuelle ? Alors que vous.

Do My Assignment Australia: Quality Assignment Writing - CHOOSING SILENCE - Humboldt Digital Scholar pdf - Drexel University

Essay Online Store – Buy Сustom College Paper - The Role of the Armenian Genocide in Modern Armenian and… - University of Cape Town

angela balcita essay One life. Genocide Research Thesis! Six words. What’s yours?™ Share the best advice you’ve given or received in aterm paper peer, six words. Ask a question in exactly six words. Share six words on love heartbreak. Share your six words on the secrets to happiness. One life. Six words. What’s yours?#153; What can you say about motherhood in six words?

Share six words about your dad, or about being a dad. What’s the genocide research paper, essence of your own or others’ Jewish life in six words? Hopes, dreams, motivations, and mistakes to avoid in the coming year. Share your six words for the planet. What inspires my very best work. Share six words on food—from memorable meals to locavore living. Share six words that inspire you about right to self determination America. Genocide Research Thesis! Share six words on your digital life.

Share your six words on pain and hope. Share six words on coming home from service, war. An instant when your life changed. Your personal essays and memoirs-in-progress. Everyone has a fridge story. What’s yours?

Take a snapshot—a freezeframe—of your fridge and tell#8230; Your stories of an genocide research paper encounter with a celebrity who unexpectedly enters your world. Do you have an amazing, unusual, or simply memorable pregnancy story? Everyone has an ex. Spill your guts, search your soul, and tourism development submit your story. A chicken’s-eye view of the world and personal media, plus news about all things SMITH. Our blog about new memoirs, with interviews and excerpts. All about our Six-Word Memoir world, from new books to live events to classroom projects. The true story about six different people who survive Hurricane Katrina.

Now an expanded book from Pantheon. The Pekar Project. American Splendor creator Harvey Pekar has teamed with four terrific artists for armenian his first ongoing webcomics series. Next-Door Neighbor. True neighborhood tales by how to cite information paper today's leading comics artists and armenian research thesis writers. Cleveland! Graphic Therapy. The illustrated diary of a single Jewish artist making her own way through life, work, and psychoanalysis. Shooting War. A fictionalized story set in armenian genocide research thesis, 2011 on the future of citizen journalism, media, and the war on terror. Available as a Grand Central graphic novel. My Home Birth.

A true story about having a baby Christen Clifford David Heatley STORE BOOKS. Our bestselling Six-Word Memoir® books, graphic novels, and more. THE SIX-WORD GAME. Our witty, wordy, fast, fun game for right to self determination essay of all ages. CALENDAR. A new six-worder each day—and spot to write your own. T-SHIRTS. Interview: Angela Balcita, author of Moonface: A True Romance. Genocide Paper! Thursday, February 10th, 2011. By Whitney Joiner. #8220;It#8217;s about a relationship and how two people got through something that was way bigger than they were.

I could have unloaded and talked about medical statistics and every procedure I went through, but I wanted to keep it a story about love.#8221; Angela Balcita had a plan. The Baltimore-based magazine editor and survivor of two kidney transplants (first from her brother, shortly after her diagnosis with kidney disease at determination 18; the other from her husband, Chris) had sold her first memoir, Moonface , under the assumption that it would end with the armenian genocide research paper thesis, successful transplant of Chris’s kidney. Their love storyboy meets girl; boy gives girl his kidney when her first transplant failswould be at the heart of cite in a apa, Moonface , titled after Chris’s good-natured nickname for her sometimes-puffy skin, a side effect of her disease. Armenian Research Thesis! Moonface would wrap up neatly with Balcita soldiering on, Chris’s kidney keeping her healthy and service cleveland ohio alive. But halfway through the writing process, Balcita unexpectedly became pregnant, a huge risk for someone with her medical complications. Armenian Genocide Research Paper Thesis! In the process of delivering her daughter Nico, she lost Chris’s kidney, throwing her back into a terrifying medical nightmare she thought she’d safely left behind, and to self determination essay changing her planboth for her life, and for the Moonface manuscriptcompletely. The result is armenian paper thesis a testament to Balcita’s perseverance and flexibility as a writer. Moonface follows Balcita’s struggle with her disease and operations (she’s currently living with her third transplanted kidney), through the lens of her relationship with Chris, chronicling their romance, their decision to undergo their joint surgeries, and their high-risk pregnancy. There’s no leading the to manager, reader on a dour march through a scary medical history; Moonface is sweetly endearing and thesis funny, a love letter to her husband and baby, a lighthearted look at the power of a couple’s love and commitment. From her home in Baltimore, where Balcita was nursing her daughter through a cold, she spoke to SMITH about changing expectations, the realization that memoir is only “a moment in time,” and why a recent New York Times piece infuriated her. Photo by Daniel Zampogna.

It actually started in grad school, when I was getting my MFA in how to cite apa, nonfiction at Iowa. Genocide Research Paper! I#8217;d been writing about multicultural issues and my family#8217;s move to symposium questions, the U.S.; I avoided the transplant completely. I just wasn’t ready. Thesis! I felt like the medical stuff was separate from my writing life: I#8217;d deal with it at doctor#8217;s appointments, and essays when I took my blood pressure, and then I#8217;d go and writethat was my career and passion. But everyone in my workshop group was like, “Why aren#8217;t you writing about your transplant? That’s your story.” It was hard at first to take this ugly medical side and armenian genocide research paper make it into something lyrical and symposium plato essay nice to read, but that became my thesis. I made it into genocide thesis, a Modern Love column and essays an agent picked it up, and we sold it to Harper on proposal. Originally, Moonface was going to be about my husband and our love affair and the transplant.

It was only during the writing process that I got pregnant, delivered early, and lost his kidney. Harper was great; they held on and pushed back the launch date, and said, “When you get better, send us the manuscript.” I was still on thesis dialysis when I finished the manuscript as it was solda story about my husband and me. I sent it to my editor and he said, “Where#8217;s the story about plato questions your daughter? That#8217;s part of the armenian research paper, memoir now, that’s the storyyou have to go back and add it.” So they wanted you to write your life in real time, almost. How long was the manuscript on in rotorua hold? Did you question whether you could come back to it in the midst of the armenian genocide research thesis, medical trauma? I was just getting used to being back on dialysis and having a newborn, but I knew the clock was ticking. I did it really quickly and sent it in; I wasn#8217;t happy with it, but I just wanted things to in a research, calm down. When my editor wrote back that I’d have to add Nico inI probably wasn#8217;t ready to do that, but I pushed and pushed myself. Genocide Paper! It was difficult and tiring. A couple of times I was ready to give up.

My husband said, “You don’t have to finish the book; you just have to service ohio, get better. That’s the important part.” My situation at that point was so desperate: I was bummed out that his kidney didn#8217;t work; things felt like they were failing me. So I needed to finish the book. It was the armenian genocide research thesis, one thing I had control over. I could tell the story I wanted.

That#8217;s what got me though. Did you wish you had five years to wait and get some perspective? Most memoirs are written after the fact, of courseafter a period of reflection and distance. Yes. I was thinking, maybe I can have them defer or delay the professional resume writing, launch date even further. But as I was getting near the end of the book, I realized that I needed to write. It’s like how people might go through therapy at armenian a time like that: they need to talk it out and work through it.

This was my way of working through it. So you’d planned for Moonface to end with your husband successfully giving you his kidneybut that’s not how life happened. Development In Rotorua! Were you concerned about armenian research wrapping up the book without knowing how successful your third transplant might be? I was stressing: Is it going to be truth if I end here? And a writer friend said to me, “You have to think of aterm paper to manager, memoir as a moment in genocide paper thesis, time.” That helped me look at it not in terms of how to cite apa, endings and beginnings, but being satisfied with what I#8217;d written in the moment. Armenian! You come at your disease and these three kidney transplantsa terrifying and painful medical traumathrough the lens of the love you share with your husband, Chris (“Charlie” in Moonface ). Have you always approached writing about your disease in this way? I got a lot from my classmates in my MFA program. First they were like, “You have to write about writing cleveland ohio this.” So I started writing it, and I went on and on in a very chronological fashionand it was so boring and so sad. One of my classmates said, “Okay, although it#8217;s true, and it#8217;s movingwhen you and armenian genocide research Chris talk about the transplant, you don#8217;t talk about it like this.

When you talk about it, you stand in front of the essays, room and Chris is making jokes, and it#8217;s this funny celebration of this operation you went through; it’s not a sad story. I don’t understand why you’re not writing it that way.” As soon as she said that, it clicked. Armenian Research Paper Thesis! Who were you keeping in mind as your intended audience? Were you thinking, “This is a memoir about aterm paper peer to manager kidney disease” or “This is a memoir about love?#8221; I really wrote it for the people closest to me. It#8217;s a love letter to Chris. It#8217;s a birth story to armenian genocide research, Nico. It’s a thank you letter to paper peer, my brother. It#8217;s my way of saying that I#8217;m all right. We read memoirs because we assume memoirists have some wisdom to genocide research, share with us; they’ve gone through something. I#8217;d agree with that, but I had to get wise really fast.

I had to figure out cite how I was going to take care of this baby, get healthy, and finish the story that I wanted to tell. Armenian Paper! And in writing it, I think I figured that out. Moonface doesn’t really air any dirty laundry, unlike a lot of memoirs: your husband’s character is a dream partner. How does he feel about how to paper apa that? He#8217;s a modest fellow. He likes to research thesis, live a quiet life in our little house. Tourism In Rotorua! This is all new for him, but he was okay with it. I#8217;m just giving readers a slice of him. I think that#8217;s why it#8217;s appropriate that he#8217;s “Charlie” in Moonface and genocide paper thesis not Chris. I get the full Chris; the paper to manager, reader gets “Charlie,” a sliver of his character. There were many more scary medical scenes that I felt would#8217;ve been gratuitous and genocide research would#8217;ve made it more into a medical story than a love story.

When you have a story this big, that consumes your entire life, you have to figure out what part of professional resume writing service cleveland ohio, it you have to write about. I didn#8217;t strictly want it to be a kidney memoir; it#8217;s really about a relationship and how two people got through something that was way bigger than they were. So I decided to focus on that love and commitment. I could have unloaded and talked about armenian paper medical statistics and every procedure I went through, but I wanted to keep it a story about paper love. Memoir as a genre is armenian often under attack; Neil Genzlinger’s recent Sunday New York Times Book Review essay [The Problem with Memoirs] took on resume service cleveland ohio memoirists who haven’t “earned the right” to write. Genocide Research Paper Thesis! Did you read it? Yes. He assumes that every piece of fiction is a work of genius, and it’s not. I don’t understand why he attacked the professional resume service ohio, genre. It#8217;s like attacking romance novels: I don#8217;t read romance novels, but I#8217;m not going to bust on them because there’s a market out there.

The biggest problem with that piece was when he said, “If you write a memoir, don’t think about publishing it. If you#8217;ve written a memoir, delete it.” He’s telling a whole generation of aspiring writers: Don#8217;t examine your world, don’t examine your place in the world, don#8217;t examine how you relate to others and how you get through tragedy. Just sit back and read Jonathan Franzen. Who says, “Don’t write?” What kind of writer says don#8217;t write? There’s often this assumption that memoirists are narcissistic and self-involvedor that you have to genocide, have a really good reason to peer to manager, write a memoir. Clearly, not everyone has kidney transplants and receives a kidney from their spouse.

But I like to think that my memoir is armenian research paper thesis beyond just the tragedy of the aterm paper, experience; I like to armenian, think that it#8217;s about professional resume writing cleveland sustaining a marriage. Even so, self-examination is genocide paper vital to understanding culture and how we live and how we relate to how to cite paper, other people. When I teach, I tell my students sometimes that personally, I think writing memoir and genocide writing nonfiction is harder than writing fiction. Determination Essay! In fiction, you create characters and armenian genocide research thesis circumstances and ways characters are going to deal with these circumstances; in memoir, you experience it first. You live your life; something happens, and resume service cleveland ohio you have to attach meaning and significance to those moments.

You#8217;re trying to figure out what happened and research thesis how you#8217;re going to get through it. Professional Resume Service! It#8217;s a whole different way of thinking. Genocide Research Paper! Mom says, #8220;Dance with your hips.#8221; READ Balcita#8217;s 2006 Modern Love column. [. ] Interview: Angela Balcita, author of Moonface: A True Romance | Memoirville smithmag.net/memoirville/2011/02/10/interview-angela-balcita-author-of-moonface-a-true-romance/ view page cached Angela Balcita talks to SMITH about changing expectations, the realization that memoir is only “a moment in how to information research apa, time,” and why a recent New York Times piece infuriated her. Show influential only (2) $(#8217;#filter-infonly#8217;).change(function() else ); [. ] [. ] when it’s deserved), so sometimes it’s nice to admit writing a great memoir is hard. I enjoyed this interview with Angela Balcita, author of the memoir Moonface, where she notes: When I teach, I tell my students sometimes that [. ] [. ] when you get a chance, click over to MEMOIRVILLE and check out my interview with Whitney [. Armenian Genocide Research! ] I am a huge fan of memoirs, in fact, I am just finishing up a great one titled, #8220;From Immigrant Housemaid to Harvard Ph.D.#8221; written by Jin Kyu Robertson Ph.D.- a truly inspiring story. Can#8217;t wait to check out Moonface. Just finished reading this book. I was diagnosed with CKD 6 months ago and am dealing with all the essay, side effects of Prednisone. I am responding favorably to the drug and hopefully will not need a transplant but your story was encouraging and enlightening. Thank you for putting into words the armenian research thesis, feelings and emotions in dealing with CKD.

I am sharing this book with my family so they better understand what I am going through.

EasyBib: Free Bibliography Generator - MLA, APA - B>Genocide - Frequently Asked Questions:… - DePaul University

Law Essay Help - Custom & Cheap Essay Writing Service in UK - The Role of the Armenian Genocide in Modern Armenian and… - Villanova University

Greek Sentence Structure: Loose and Periodic Style. I offer this essay in genocide thesis draft (or “beta”) form with the hope that it will provoke discussion. Corrections and criticisms are welcome. The Opal! Just e-mail me by clicking here. Graphic images of the Greek texts discussed are provided. When transliterating Greek in the body of the essay, I use a simple, easy-to-read system whose only real disadvantage is armenian genocide that epsilon and eta, and omicron and omega are not distinguished. With the Greek text at hand, this should cause no problem. Technical Terms: What Are They For? veni, vidi, vici . Essays! These words, which Suetonius tells us were carried on armenian genocide thesis a banner in a triumphal procession of Julius Caesar ( Divus Iulius 37), can serve as a starting-point for an analysis of rhetorical figures and sentence-construction. Essay! “I came, I saw, I conquered.” Nothing could be simpler or more direct; nothing could be easier to translate.

I was surprised, then, on thesis walking into a classroom once, all prepared to analyze a complex piece of Isokratean rhetoric, to find this saying on the blackboard with a full rhetorical analysis appended. Resume Writing Service Ohio! It turns out that we have before us examples of: alliteration ( v eni, v idi, v ici ), homoioteleuton ( ven i , vid i , vic i ), asyndeton ( veni et vidi et vici ?), trikolon (how about veni, vici ?), isokolon (try adding a syllable: veni, vidi, victi sunt ), composition in short kommata instead of longer kola (compare: ad hostes adveni et, postquam illorum copias vidi, cunctos facile vici ), spondaic rhythm, paromoiosis (similar structure of kola or kommata), parechesis (similarity of sounds, especially between vidi and vici ), and perhaps paronomasia (a play on words involving, again, vidi and vici ), to say nothing of the armenian paper thesis overall brevity achieved by the ellipsis of how to cite information in a paper apa words easily supplied from the (very crowded) context. To this list of eleven rhetorical devices others could doubtless be added. This analysis is a joke, of course. Armenian Research Thesis! It pokes fun at pedantry. Determination! But it is also perfectly valid and makes a serious point. The words on Caesar’s placard are rhetorically brilliant and instantly clear, but we can fully understand their brilliance only by armenian paper thesis taking them apart, seeing how they are composed, and–most important–comparing other, inferior ways of saying the aterm paper peer to manager same thing. The goal is not an arid list of tropes with arrows pointing to armenian genocide paper thesis the text but a better feeling for writing ohio, how the words before us work, for what makes them forceful and effective.

How big an armory of rhetorical terms does a student of Greek prose need? Smyth’s Greek Grammar has a convenient list of forty, with examples; a similar list of forty five, with examples from Greek, Latin and English literature, is available at the Web site of the Classics Department of the University of Kentucky; a compendious, clear, sensible, and often amusing handbook is Richard A. Lanham‘s A Handlist of Rhetorical Terms . Very few people can define as many as forty terms off the genocide paper thesis top of their head, nor need one do so, much less acquire the 200 or so which students had to memorize in Shakespeare’s time. Rhetorical descriptions, after all, are only guides to help us understand and experience a text; students often learn more by making their own observations without resorting to ohio technical vocabulary. Then, if there is a handy label for what they have observed, they can learn it and use it. No student who describes accurately and insightfully how an author’s words work should worry about, or be penalized for, not knowing a technical term. Armenian Genocide Research Paper! In fact, a fixation on deception essays rhetorical flourishes will hinder, not help, our understanding of style. Consider again Caesar’s placard. One advantage of starting with veni, vidi, vici is that while cataloging the trees one can always see the forest: the structure of this sentence is clear and one can concentrate on details. When analyzing complex sentences, however, it is easy to forget that the goal of arranging words “rhetorically” is to shape a sentence which develops clearly as it is genocide research heard or read, not to distract the audience with pointless ornamentation. To learn about an author’s style is to learn how that author organizes his or her thoughts.

Analysis and labeling and note-taking is paper peer to manager useless if it merely dissects an author’s words. The goal is to go back and read those words, in research paper order, as they were intended to be read, letting the aterm paper to manager many “signposts” along the way guide us by shaping our expectations of what is to come. This point cannot be emphasized enough. Students struggling to make sense of an author’s words may think of stylistic analysis as something more advanced than mere translation, more arcane and mysterious, with its own recondite vocabulary. Ironically, they get this impression from the emphasis which most of us place on the most obvious marks of style–rhetorical figures such as chiasmus, alliteration, homoioteleuton–as the key to everything: these strike our ears and eyes as we read, so naturally we begin our analysis by scanning the text, collecting as many tropes as we can, and labeling them like specimens found on armenian genocide research thesis a nature hike. We pay great attention to peer classification, which can become quite complex: is that an research paper example of synecdoche or of aterm to manager metonymy? Are we dealing with paronomasia or only parechesis? I plead guilty to thesis having encouraged on occasion such “surface scans” of classical texts. The problem with them is right determination that they don’t necessarily lead students to genocide thesis understand how Gorgias or Demosthenes or Isokrates has structured and expressed his thoughts, the “character” or “cast of thought” each presents to us.

To grasp this we must understand how an essays author has organized each sentence, how he has set up signposts to guide us as his thought unfolds. Research Paper! This means, first, seeing how each new phrase or clause relates to what has gone before and tourism, understanding how “rhetorical devices”, in genocide thesis a well-turned sentence, mark the progression and structure of the thought. The real rhetoric is in the unfolding of the ideas in the order in how to information in a paper apa which the author wants us to hear or read them; rhetorical tropes are markers along the way. To learn about an armenian genocide paper author’s style is to professional resume service ohio learn to read that author’s words, in order, as they were written–not to disarrange the words but to hear what the armenian paper thesis ancient audience heard. In his admirable essay on the style of Cicero W. Aterm Peer To Manager! Ralph Johnson puts it succinctly: ” . . . Good style, whether exuberant or restrained, is genocide research paper thesis good thinking (and good feeling).

It is for this reason that what we want to pay most attention to in style is the structuring of sentences, how they succeed, and how they fail.” [ Luxuriance and Economy: Cicero and the Alien Style , p. 7] He quotes Virginia Woolf’s description of “the rhythm of a book that, by running in the head, winds one into a ball”, and he rescues from obscurity a book by Edith Rickert, New Methods for the Study of Literature , which asserts the importance for style of the length of whole sentences and how to cite information research apa, of their parts. [Chapter IV, “Thought Patterns”, has much that is genocide research paper thesis interesting on the structure and relationship of sentences as a guide to style. As Rickert remarks (p. 111), “The study of the sentence is one of the most fundamental and certain means of eventually getting at the secret of style.” She offers a system for analyzing sentences which is thought-provoking, even if one chooses not to adopt it.] [General note: In this essay I use the word “sentence” as a matter of convenience. The Opal Deception Essays! There is paper no exactly corresponding Greek term or concept. Dianoia , “thought,” is writing service cleveland closest, but a dianoia need not correspond to what a modern editor marks off with a period, colon, or question-mark. Indeed, editors sometimes disagree on whether to punctuate with a full stop rather than a comma. See now Dover, The Evolution of Greek Prose Style , chapter 2.] What is it, after all, which stays with you when you’ve been reading Isokrates or Demosthenes for hours? Not a collection of tropes but something more fundamental and genocide research paper thesis, harder to to self express in a phrase.

Why did reading Isokrates for hours on end once make me physically ill? Why, after the excitement of the speech On the Crown , does an early speech of Demosthenes seem flat? Because a real stylist “gets in among” you. The “rhythm” of the armenian paper thesis writer’s thought is what does this. The Architecture of right to self essay Greek Sentences: Loose and Periodic Style.

This essay, then, with profuse thanks to Ralph Johnson, will focus on the structure or “architecture” of a Greek sentence. A formidable phrase, perhaps, but less so if one bears in mind two fundamental points: 1. Armenian Genocide Paper Thesis! Greek sentences can on occasion be very long, but the units of which they are composed are almost always short. How To Cite Research Apa! “The edifice, lofty though it may be, is built of bricks, not of huge blocks of Cyclopean masonry.” [J. Armenian Genocide Thesis! D. Professional Cleveland! Denniston, Greek Prose Style , p. 61] 2. Greek is unusually rich in genocide thesis particles and conjunctions which serve as signposts. These helpful qualities of the language, however, carry a danger for students. One can often get sense out of the various separate parts of a complex sentence–enough sense to have a fair idea of what the entire thing means–without really understanding the development of the whole. To Self Essay! And the armenian thesis reason for the opal essays, this is often the very profusion of “marker-words” or “signposts” in Greek: because they are omnipresent, students tend to ignore them or at research paper, least to forget earlier signposts when later ones, in corresponsion with them, appear. One area, then, where one must be a pedant is in tourism development accounting for every single connective word in a sentence. Genocide Research Paper! One can then turn pedantry to profit by (re-)reading the author’s words and letting the cite information apa sentence unfold as the original audience experienced it.

Before we turn to the analysis of sample passages from armenian research paper thesis, Greek authors, let us consider the professional service cleveland ohio two main types of sentence structure which ancient critics recognized: the loose style (lexis eiromene) and the periodic style (lexis katestrammene). The first phrase means literally “speech strung together” (from eiro, “to string or thread together”, like beads in a necklace); the second, “speech turned or guided toward an end”; the armenian genocide thesis word “period” (periodos, “way around”) refers metaphorically to symposium plato essay a racecourse, where the starting and finish lines were the same: contestants went out and around the turning-post, then retraced their path. The loose style is often called the armenian genocide paper “running style”, a term which can be confusing in view of the race-course metaphor of the term “periodic”. [Dover points out the difficulty of interpreting the terms lexis katestrammene and paper peer to manager, periodos ( The Evolution of Greek Prose Style , chapter 2, Appendix: Period and genocide thesis, Kolon). He thinks that the plato questions word periodos , rather than referring to a race-course, describes “a unit of utterance which begins from major pause and ‘returns’ to a state of rest by leading to a second pause” (p. 39).] These two styles represent two ways of developing and structuring sentences.

In the loose style one statement is simply followed by another with no indication that another statement is coming. The sentence ends with the final statement, without giving the reader or hearer any idea that it is about to end. It could just as easily have ended one clause (or several) earlier or later. Here is a banal example in English: “Bill went to the store and bought some milk and decided to get some cheese; he came home and saw that the cat had gotten out; he looked for it and couldn’t find it; his TV suddenly went blank.” No statement looks ahead to what follows; the series could stop at any point or go on indefinitely. Armenian Research! There is no “race-course” with a beginning, a turning point, and an end. The virtue of this style is that it produces an impression of plain speaking.

In a court case, for example, if one is trying to how to cite paper apa set out the armenian genocide research paper thesis facts and aterm paper, convince the jury of one’s honesty and straightforwardness (no matter how one has actually slanted the armenian paper thesis “facts”), this is the style to use. Of course, the loose style, when handled well, is every bit as “rhetorical” as the periodic style–but its art is less apparent. In the periodic style, by how to apa contrast, markers of various sorts, often introducing phrases or clauses subordinate to genocide research paper the main idea, indicate the path ahead. The reader sees signs of things to come and is prepared for them when they appear. The art of composing and of reading this sort of Greek involves setting up and then fulfilling (often with variations along the way) assumptions about how the sentence will develop.

At the determination essay finish, the audience should feel that an appropriate end has been reached, a clearly defined course completed. All periodic composition involves, in armenian paper thesis one way or another, suspension of deception essays sense: the arrangement of armenian research paper thesis one or more elements of the sentence so that the paper to manager thought is armenian genocide research thesis not felt to plato essay be complete until something else has been added. Let us rewrite the sentence above in periodic style: “After his trip to the store, where he bought milk and (on a sudden whim) cheese, Bill’s arrival at home was marred, first by his cat, who had gotten away and couldn’t be found, then by his TV, which suddenly went blank.” Bill’s shopping expedition has become a noun phrase introduced by the preposition “after”. His purchases are subordinated in genocide research paper thesis a clause introduced by plato the conjunction “where”. A parenthesis characterizes his acquisition of cheese. The center of the sentence makes the main point: coming home was no fun. The two reasons for thesis, this are appended in two parallel expressions consisting of an development in rotorua adverb (“first”, “then”), a prepositional phrase (“by his cat”, “by his TV”), and a relative clause (“who. Genocide Research Paper Thesis! . .”, “which. . .”).

As silly as these sentences are, they illustrate an important point: unlike a simple narration in the running style, a periodic sentence will highlight the main point(s) the right essay writer is trying to put across and will require the armenian paper writer to decide how various events or ideas are related. This need not mean, and in Greek usually does not mean, that the sentence is left grammatically incomplete until the very end. More often, as above, the main clause is in the middle or even at the beginning, with subordinate elements appended. Many other arrangements are of course possible and none is essays “objectively” better than another. What is important, in reading as well as in composing such sentences, is to genocide research thesis understand the thought which drives the structure. Loose Style and Periodic Style: Examples in English. The periodic style is not at home in present-day American English. Short, clear sentences pack more punch for us than syntactical and rhetorical baroque. How To Cite Information In A Research Apa! Too many connectives, too many subordinate clauses, too much suspension of sense makes one seem fussy, pedantic, orotund. But we should recall the importance of Latin and Greek periodic style as a model for armenian genocide paper, modern prose from the Renaissance onward. Here are examples in English of both styles.

First, the cite information in a apa lexis eiromene which has enjoyed such a vogue in English through the twentieth century, in armenian thesis a paragraph from Ernest Hemingway’s The Sun Also Rises : The bus climbed steadily up the road. The country was barren and rocks stuck up through the essay questions clay. There was no grass beside the armenian genocide research thesis road. Looking back we could see the country spread out below. Far back the fields were squares of green and brown on the hillsides. Making the horizon were the brown mountains. They were strangely shaped.

As we climbed higher the horizon kept changing. As the bus ground slowly up the road we could see other mountains coming up in the south. Then the road came over the crest, flattened out, and went into a forest. It was a forest of cork oaks, and the sun came through the trees in deception essays patches, and there were cattle grazing back in the trees. We went through the forest and the road came out and research, turned along a rise of land, and out ahead of in rotorua essay us was a rolling green plain, with dark mountains beyond it.

These were not like the brown, heat-baked mountains we had left behind. These were wooded and there were clouds coming down from genocide, them. The green plain stretched off. Essay Questions! It was cut by fences and armenian paper, the white of the road showed through the trunks of a double line of trees that crossed the plain toward the north. As we came to the edge of the how to information research apa rise we saw the genocide paper red roofs and white houses of Burguete ahead strung out on the plain, and away off on the shoulder of the first dark mountain was the gray metal-sheathed roof of the how to information research paper monastery of Roncesvalles.

(Ernest Hemingway, The Sun Also Rises , New York 1926, repr. 1954, chapter 3, p. 108) As an example of armenian genocide paper thesis periodic style here is Samuel Johnson in the Preface to his edition of Shakespeare: That praises are without reason lavished on the dead, and that the honours due only to excellence are paid to professional resume writing antiquity, is a complaint likely to paper thesis be always continued by those who, being able to right determination essay add nothing to truth, hope for genocide paper, eminence from the heresies of paradox, or those who, being forced by resume writing cleveland ohio disappointment upon consolatory expedients, are willing to hope from posterity what the genocide paper thesis present age refuses, and flatter themselves that the regard which is yet denied by envy will be at last bestowed by time. . . . To works, however, of which the excellence is not absolute and definite, but gradual and comparative; to works not raised upon cite information in a research principles demonstrative and scientific, but appealing wholly to observation and armenian genocide research paper thesis, experience, no other test can be applied than length of duration and continuance of esteem. What mankind have long possessed they have often examined and compared, and if they persist to value the possession it is because frequent comparisons have confirmed opinion in its favour. As among the works of nature no man can properly call a river deep or a mountain high without the plato essay knowledge of many mountains and many rivers, so, in the productions of genius, nothing can be styled excellent till it has been compared with other works of the same kind. . . . The reverence due to writings that have long subsisted arises, therefore, not from any credulous confidence in the superior wisdom of past ages, or gloomy persuasion of the degeneracy of mankind, but is the consequence of armenian paper thesis acknowledged and how to, indubitable positions, that what has been longest known has been most considered, and what is most considered is best understood. (Samuel Johnson, Selected Writings , ed. R. T. Davies, Evanston 1965, pp. 262-263)

The elegant and varied architecture of these sentences, made clear by a fullness of expression where parallel phrases reinforce one another, will serve to remind us that English, too, is capable not only armenian genocide paper thesis, of “straight talk” but also of grandiloquence. We live in a Lysianic age, but our forbears were Ciceronians and Isokrateans. Aterm! [For the armenian research paper difference between the two see Cicero‘s comments on Isokrates; E. Laughton, “Cicero and the Greek Orators”; G. Williamson, The Senecan Amble (on stylistic models in the Renaissance).] We should note, too, that in setting out to compose in a classical language we are participating, however tenuously, in a tradition which goes back to the humanists of the Renaissance, and indeed to the Hellenistic age. [Lanham (s.v. “period”, p. Essay! 113) quotes Michael Baxandall, Giotto and the Orators (Oxford 1971), pp. 20-21 and 131: “The pattern of the genocide paper grand neo-classical sentence was the period: that is, the sentence combining a number of thoughts and essay, statements in genocide paper thesis a number of balanced clauses. How To In A Research Paper Apa! . . . Armenian Paper! It is quite difficult to enjoy the humanists’ preoccupation with the periodic sentence. . . . But one cannot come to historical terms with the humanists’ verbal performance without recognizing how supremely important it was for them, and in how many different ways. Development In Rotorua! The periodic sentence is the basic art form of the early humanists. It was a test of armenian research prowess, a focus for criticism, the to self essay full flower of the classical way with words and notions, the medium of most statements about relationships, and armenian thesis, . The Opal! . Armenian Thesis! . it became at a critical moment a humanist model of artistic composition in general. . . . Symposium Plato Essay! Compositio was a technical concept every schoolboy in a humanist school had been taught to apply to language. It did not mean what we mean by literary composition, but rather the putting together of the single evolved sentence or period, this being done within the framework of a four-level hierarchy of elements: words go to make up phrases, phrases to make clauses, clauses to make sentences.”] As we turn to genocide thesis Greek we shall be looking for examples of a loose style, where phrases and clauses come one after the paper peer other with no prior preparation, and a periodic style, where we are guided from a starting post, around a course, and back to a finish-line. As one would expect, the loose style developed before the more elaborate periodic style. But only scraps of the earliest prose remain, and armenian genocide research, the greatest writer associated with this style, Herodotos, is far more sophisticated than some caricatures of him suggest and how to information, writes just as elegantly and effortlessly in the periodic as in the loose style.

The longest surviving fragment of Herodotos’ predecessor Hekataios (FHG 1, F15) provides a rare sample of armenian genocide research a loose, naive style: For a graphic image of the Greek text click here. Orestheus, son of Deukalion, came to Aitolia for a kingdom and his dog gave birth to a log, and he ordered it to plato be buried, and from it grew a vine with many grapes. Thus he also named his own son Phytios. Armenian Genocide Paper! And from this one, Oineus was born, named from the vines (for the tourism in rotorua essay Greeks of old called vines oinai). And from Oineus was born Aitolos. Most striking is the almost complete lack of subordination or hypotaxis. Except for armenian genocide paper thesis, the participle kletheis modifying Oineus each idea is “strung” after the previous one with a coordinating conjunction, i.e. paratactically (with coordination or parataxis).

The first three such links are made with kai; the repetition seems matter-of- fact, while in a more sophisticated writer such as Lysias it would have made an emphatic point. The remaining linkages are: dio (= dia ho, “on account of right which, therefore”), de, the participle kletheis, gar, and again de. The Greek text above is given with Jacoby’s punctuation: two complete sentences, each with a concluding clause separated by a raised dot, the second containing also a parenthesis. There is nothing, however, in either the armenian genocide thesis grammar or the sense to prevent putting a full stop at the end of each clause, including the one set off by parentheses. (The phrase kletheis apo ton ampelon could not, of course, stand alone, but it too is “tagged on” at the end of a clause.) Note also the somewhat repetitive pronouns: autou, hos, auto, autou, autou, toutou. Different as this is from the Greek of to self determination Lysias or Isokrates, it shares with the styles of later authors a concern that every clause be clearly connected to what precedes and follows. Nor is the connection in any way crude: in the first sentence the three kai’s lead to a conclusion introduced by dio.

The second sentence uses different connectives (de, the participle, gar, de) and genocide research, the words oinas, ekaloun and professional resume writing service cleveland, ampelous in the gar clause echo Oineus, kletheis, and ampelon in the preceding clause. Even in the two simple statements introduced by armenian research thesis de (toutou d’ Oineus egeneto. . .Oineos d’ egeneto Aitolos) the tourism development in rotorua position of egeneto changes, as does the position and case of Oineus’ name. This is armenian paper thesis not to claim any great sophistication for Hekataios’ Greek, but only to remind us that naivete is a relative notion. This passage survives because it was cited as an example of the loose style and, as with other authors whom we know only by tiny fragments, we cannot be sure that it is typical of Hekataios. He may have assumed a more naive style when he was recounting a myth. Plato does this in essay a more sophisticated way, for example in a passage from the Protagoras , discussed below, which suggests a parody of a traditional style of naive storytelling. Hekataios’ successor Herodotos is vastly more sophisticated. One should remember that he lived in Periclean Athens and was a friend of Sophocles; he wrote in Ionic dialect about the archaic age but was not himself “archaic”. He is a sophisticated storyteller (and historian!) who often employs, but is not limited to, lexis eiromene. Indeed, many a “loose” Herodotean sentence leads us step by step to genocide research thesis a dramatic climax–and has, in retrospect, the essential quality of a periodos. Such sentences gain much of their effect from the very fact that they do not broadcast their intentions.

Here is Herodotos’ description of the arrival of Adrastos at Sardis (1.35): For a graphic image of the Greek text, click here. When Croesus’ child had in cleveland ohio hand his marriage, there arrived at Sardis a man bound up with misfortune and not clean in genocide thesis hands, being a Phrygian by birth and of the royal house. This man, coming to Croesus’ house according to the local customs asked to receive cleansing, and resume, Croesus cleansed him. Cleansing is genocide thesis similar for the Lydians and the Greeks. When Croesus had performed the accustomed rites, he inquired where the plato essay questions man was from and who he was, saying as follows: “Man, who are you and from where in armenian research paper Phrygia have you come to be at essays, my hearth? Whom of men or women did you kill?” And he answered: “King, of Gordias son of Midas I am the child, and armenian paper thesis, I am called Adrastos, and having killed my brother unwilling I am here, driven out by my father and aterm to manager, deprived of everything.” And Croesus answered him as follows: “You are born of men who are friends, it turns out, and you have come among friends, where you will lack for nothing, remaining in our land, and bearing this misfortune as lightly as possible you will profit most.” [This translation is as literal as possible consistent with giving a sense of the flow of Herodotos’ narrative. A useful exercise in research thesis coming to understand an author’s style is to note the things which even such a close translation cannot convey.] Herodotos’ sentences are longer and more complex than Hekataios’ and, like all later writers, he uses participles far more extensively. Professional Resume Service Cleveland! As each sentence unfolds, however, each phrase or clause is immediately clear: it advances the story without requiring us to armenian research paper thesis hold several thoughts suspended at once.

Thus the first sentence consists of deception essays a genitive absolute, followed by the main verb apikneetai, followed by its subject (aner, still unnamed), followed by more about the man: his misfortune, his uncleanliness, his birth. At the end the phrases with men and de, both dependent on eon, lead up to the climactic word basileiou; the paper thesis chiastic placement of the similar words geneei and geneos accentuates the final phrase. Each sentence that follows has a somewhat different structure and length. Professional Ohio! In the second sentence, for example, a participle leads off, then the main verb, then a second verb appended with de. Armenian Genocide Research Paper Thesis! Especially notable is aterm paper peer to manager Adrastos’ reply to Croesus, when he reveals who he is: the connectives are men. . .de. . .de. He begins with his father’s and grandfather’s names, then his own; then, in armenian genocide thesis a clause far longer than the first two clauses, he reveals his misfortune. The aorist participle phoneusas (what he did) and the perfect participles exelelamenos and esteremenos (his present circumstances) carry the weight of this clause, with an unemphatic main verb (pareimi) coming between them.

This sentence is a good example of an ascending trikolon , that is, a sentence in three parts with the longest element last. Further, this last element is itself divided into development two parts, the second of which is again divided. One could thus call the sentence “periodic” in the sense that it forms a structured whole with (literally, in this case) a clear beginning, middle and end. Yet the effect, as we read it, is of one thought added to another in a linear, “strung together” sequence. Also imparting “flavor” to genocide thesis Herodotos’ style are the repetitions and “superfluous” words or phrases: in the first sentence, perhaps eon; in the second, houtos; in development essay the fourth, legon tade. More generally, Croesus’ questions to armenian genocide research paper Adrastos are stated first indirectly, then directly: epunthaneto hokothen te kai tis eie. . . .tis te eon kai kothen. (Note the chiastic order, and note also that Adrastos replies chiastically, answering kothen before tis!) The effect is of an unhurried narrative–but not a flaccid one. Rather, Herodotos asks us to pause over each question, each answer, each event in the tale of Croesus, Atys and essays, Adrastos so that at the end, in the magnificent, fully periodic sentence which concludes the story (45.3), the whole weight slowly and relentlessly built up comes crashing down. [Cf. Denniston, Greek Prose Style , p. Armenian! 8.] For an analysis of the periodic sentence which begins Herodotos’ History , click here. Let us turn next to Lysias, who was noted for cite paper apa, the simplicity and elegance of his style and armenian, the vividness and clarity of his narrations. In the speech Against Eratosthenes (8-10) he is describing his own arrest by the Thirty Tyrants:

For a graphic image of the Greek text, click here. Dividing up the houses, they went on their way. Me they found while I was entertaining guests; they sent them away and tourism, handed me over to Peison. The others went to the workshop and made a list of the slaves. I asked Peison if he wanted to take money and rescue me. He said he would, if it were a lot. I said then that I was ready to give him a talent of silver coin, and he agreed that he would do this. Now I knew that he had no regard for either gods or human beings, but nevertheless in the present circumstances it seemed to me to genocide research paper thesis be imperative to get some pledge from him.

After he swore an oath, calling down ruin on himself and his children, that he would accept the talent and save me, I went into the room and opened the chest. Peison noticed and information in a research, came in, and when he saw the contents he called two of his servants and ordered them to take the armenian genocide research paper things in the chest. This translation ignores most of the connectives and converts most of the participles to finite verbs but nonetheless retains the exact order in which Lysias’ narrative unfolds. Indeed, one sign of resume writing service lexis eiromene is that one can translate it in order, phrase by phrase, without transposing anything. Such a translation, however, involves a considerable restructuring of armenian Lysias’ Greek. To examine further the way Lysias has structured his narrative let us reproduce each element of the plato questions Greek on a separate line, with indentations to show the relationship among them; the excruciatingly literal translation which follows will show how complex the armenian genocide research “loose” style of Lysias really is. Development In Rotorua Essay! To emphasize the careful connection and genocide research paper, subordination of the Greek (even where ideas seem to how to cite information research apa follow straightforwardly one after the other), words which serve as signposts are in boldface and genocide research paper, circumstantial participles, which express so many subordinated ideas so concisely, are underlined in the Greek graphic. For a graphic image of the Greek text, click here. And dividing up the houses they went on their way.

And me, on right to self essay the one hand, they found entertaining guests, whom driving out they handed me over to Peison; the rest, on the other hand, going to the workshop, made a list of the slaves. And I asked Peison, on the one hand, (5) if he wanted to armenian genocide research rescue me, taking money. he, on symposium plato essay questions the other hand, said he did, if it were a lot. I said then that I was prepared to give a talent of silver coin, and he agreed that he would do this. (10) Now I knew that he had no regard for either gods or men, but nonetheless in the present circumstances it seemed to genocide paper me to be most necessary.

to take a pledge from him. And when he swore, calling down ruin on himself and plato essay questions, his children, (15) that accepting the armenian thesis talent he would save me, going into the room I opened the box; But Peison, noticing, came in. and, seeing the contents, called two of essay questions his servants. and ordered them to take the genocide research things in to self determination essay the box. [As a tool for armenian, analyzing Greek style such an ultra-literal translation is far more useful than a smooth, fully Englished version, since the goal is to understand the Greek, not to symposium replace it. Students should develop the habit of translating Greek this way, in paper the order of the original.

To aim for a “polished” translation is to aterm peer ignore what makes the Greek distinctive.] Before we analyze this passage, a general note about the line-division and genocide paper, indentation of this and other passages below. It is intended only to suggest the units of meaning into which the sentence seems to fall. Each such unit was probably, but far from certainly, followed by a distinct pause when the Greek was spoken aloud; much depended on a speaker’s (or reader’s) delivery. No “scientific” accuracy is paper peer to manager claimed or, indeed, is possible. Lines often, but not always, correspond to kola. (To be entirely consistent one would have to place eipon oun [9], for example, on a separate line, but this would create a false impression of composition in paper very short units [kommata].)

We should remember, more fundamentally, that the very idea of a “sentence” is modern: ancient writers speak of symposium plato essay a dianoia or sententia, “thought”, which may not coincide with our idea of a “sentence”. [For a modern definition of a sentence see, e.g., Rickert, New Methods for the Study of Literature , p. 111.] Likewise, while a “period” (periodos) often corresponds to what we would call a “sentence”, a portion of a sentence can constitute a complete period (as remarked by armenian research Aristotle and Demetrios). Modern punctuation represents the judgment of paper peer to manager modern editors; in setting out texts I have generally followed the consensus of editors on the placement of full stops. [See, e.g., Johnson, Luxuriance and armenian genocide paper thesis, Economy , pp. 15-17 with references.] Nor does a kolon (“limb”, membrum) necessarily correspond to what we call a “clause”; E. Fraenkel has shown that even a short phrase can have the force of a kolon. [See also H. Dik, Word Order in Ancient Greek , chapter 3.] And there is no hard and fast distinction between a kolon and the shorter unit called a komma (“cutting”, incisum). As for the indentations, they do not follow any set system but are intended as guides to the structure of the sentence. In particular they do not always correspond to levels of cite information in a paper subordination. (I have always found complex systems of notation, based on subordination, baffling.) Readers can learn a great deal by armenian genocide research paper thesis (re)organizing the “layout” of these passages in their own way and analyzing other passages of their own choice. Now for right determination essay, Lysias.

In the passage quoted above there is almost nothing of overt rhetorical artifice, but its art becomes apparent when one observes, for example, the interweaving of participles and finite verbs. They tend to be paired, but not mechanically so. The last sentence (lines 18-20), which describes Peison’s actions, is thesis set out in three parts linked by kai. Lysias could have achieved greater concision and concentration, perhaps, by putting everything into a single clause with several participles and one main verb, but this would spoil the simplicity of the narrative: Peison came into the room; he saw what was in determination essay the chest; he issued a command. (Two historical presents, eiserkhetai and paper, kalei [but not a third –note ekeleusen], add to the vividness.) The participles tell why (proximately) he did what he did, and it is worth analyzing each participle in this passage as to professional resume ohio whether it is causal, temporal, conditional, or whatever. Note especially eparomenos in Peison’s oath (15): the phrase in which it appears is a longer element between two shorter ones, and we linger on it before coming to the oath itself, labon. . .sosein.

Of course, even without such analysis the reader responds directly to what Lysias writes–but for this very reason it is easy to miss how much he is telling us, simply and elegantly. Notice also the variety. Shorter elements are interspersed among longer ones; constructions are varied. An indirect question leads to indirect statements: Peisona men eroton ei. . . Armenian Paper Thesis! , ho d’ ephasken ei. . . ., eipon oun hoti . . . ., ho d’ homologese. . . ., epistamen men oun hoti. . ., homos d’. . .edokei. . . ., epeide de omosen. . . . Note, too, the placement of sosai. . .labon (6), labein (13), labon. . .sosein (16), labein (20). The repetition is “subliminal” rather than rhetorically insistent and includes a nice chiasmus (6, 16). In short, this is rhetorical art which succeeds by essays concealing itself.

As with Herodotos, lexis eiromene is anything but naive. If one wants to appreciate Lysias fully, one need only attempt to translate a similar narrative from English to genocide paper thesis Greek! For an analysis of periodic sentences by Lysias, click here. Sophisticated in a different way is the storytelling style which Plato adopts from time to time, for example in the fable about the to self determination origin of justice told by Protagoras in the dialogue of that name. Here is an genocide research thesis excerpt (320c8-e4): For a graphic image of the Greek text, click here. Once there was a time.

when gods existed. but mortal kinds did not. And when for service cleveland ohio, these too there came the appointed time of birth, gods molded them within the earth (5) from earth and fire mixing them. and from the things which blend with fire and earth. And when they were ready to lead them to the light, they bade Prometheus and Epimetheus. adorn them and assign powers to each as was fitting. (10)

And Epimetheus asked Prometheus if he could assign them himself. “And when I’ve assigned them,” he said, “you inspect them.” And so persuading, he assigned. And in his assigning, to some he attached strength without speed; the weaker with speed he adorned; (15) some he weaponed; to some awarding a weaponless nature, another power he devised for their safety: to the ones he wrapped in smallness. winged flight or underground home he assigned; (20) the ones he increased in greatness, by this very thing he made them safe. And so he assigned the rest, maintaining a balance.

On its surface the style of this passage is naive: Plato imparts a “flavor” of archaism to his story with short clauses, simple declarative statements, and repeated words. The first sentence (1-3) has three brief clauses with the verb eimi; the second and third clauses are exactly parallel, and the whole sentence begins and ends with the same word (the figure of kyklos). The variation theoi/thneta gene avoids a too-exact symmetry. The next two sentences (4-7, 8-10) are structured like each other, but there is thesis variety within that structure: an epeide-clause, then the main verb, then a subordinate verb form (participle/infinitives), then a subordinate clause (hosa. . .hos. . .). [The subordinate clause hos prepei is virtually an adverb and thus does not have a line to itself.] The first of in a apa these sentences could have been ended after lines 5 or 6; the addition of line 7 is armenian genocide research paper thesis elegant, with its chiasmus (ges kai puros, 6; puri kai gei, 7) and the variation meixantes/kerannutai. Three short statements follow (11-13), with a fivefold repetition of deception forms of nemo carrying over genocide research paper, from the preceding sentence (10) and into the next (14). In particular, the repetition of the last word of to self essay a sentence at the beginning of the next one (neimai/neimantos, nemei/nemon) is in the manner of Herodotos. Each of these three statements could stand as a separate sentence; each is shorter than the one before.

One can see the genocide research art of this by glancing at the next sentence, which runs through line 18 (in thought, all the way to 23): exactly the sort of variety that Plato always seeks, and symposium essay, a sure sign that he is creating the armenian illusion of resume writing ohio a naive style, not the real thing. This sentence catalogs the attributes which Epimetheus assigned to various creatures. After the thesis link-word nemon these are set forth with a men and three des; note the chiastic variation tois/tous/tous/tois and the varied length of the clauses. The fourth clause (17) begins with a participle instead of a finite verb and introduces the whole category of animals without natural weapons; the longer kolon in 18, with the essay verb emekhanato at its center, sets the armenian research stage for the second catalog of attributes in 19-23. Here each category of animals is introduced by a relative clause, followed by a main clause detailing how these creatures were protected. The description of small animals, of course, is how to cite in a research paper apa much longer than that of large ones! Finally, again very much in the manner of Plato, the enumeration is concisely cut short by the final summary in 23. Particularly elegant is the repetition nemon (14), enemen (20), enemen (23): a kyklos with an extra form in armenian genocide research paper thesis the middle. A playful and sophisticated Platonic fable, then, where the narrative progresses straightforwardly even when sentence-structure becomes complex. Nowhere is anything essential to grammatical sense or meaning suspended for more than one line, so that the dominant impression is information paper apa of someone speaking in the loose, “strung-together” style.

Periodic Style: Demosthenes and Isokrates. Turning to armenian genocide research lexis katestrammene (lexis he en periodois), let us begin with a sentence of Demosthenes which Demetrios quotes as an example of a period whose form is how to information research paper apa determined precisely by its content, and which Demetrios then re-arranges into armenian research non-periodic style (Demosthenes 20.1; Demetrios 10-11). Here, and in the examples which follow, the periodic effect is gained by suspending until the tourism development in rotorua essay end of the sentence an element essential for the grammar and the sense. For a graphic image of the Greek text, click here. Men of the jury, most of all because I think it benefits the city for armenian research, the law to be annulled, second for the sake of Chabrias’ child, I have agreed that I shall, as best I am able, speak for to self determination, these men.

Demetrios says that this period, which consists of genocide paper thesis three kola [apart from the the opal opening vocative], has a certain “bending” or “turning” (kampe) and “concentration” or “coiling together” (sustrophe) at the end. What gives it this quality? Unlike the examples of lexis eiromene quoted above, this sentence begins with two kola subordinate to the final kolon not only grammatically but also in sense: malista men heineka. . . ./eita kai. Genocide Paper! . .heineka. . . . The main verb homologesa comes at the beginning of the last kolon but requires an infinitive in indirect statement to complete its meaning. Demosthenes holds this infinitive until the right end by dividing toutois from sunerein with a subordinate clause. Paper! The whole sentence is aimed at an end, which sunerein provides. Note, incidentally, that Demosthenes avoids a too-exact corresponsion of the first two kola by varying their length, changing the position of heineka, having heineka govern first an articular infinitive then a noun, and by answering men not with de but with eita kai. Demetrios’ re-arrangement of this into a non-period is instructive.

For a graphic image of the writing service cleveland Greek text, click here. I shall speak for these men, citizens of Athens. For Chabrias’ son is a friend of mine, and much more than him the armenian genocide paper city, for which it is right for me to speak. As Demetrios remarks, the period has disappeared. To Manager! Each kolon is genocide paper independent in sense; a full stop could be placed at to self, the end of any of the first three kola. Nothing forces us to look ahead for a conclusion to come. (Indeed, Demosthenes’ final word has become Demetrios’ first.) We are not on a circular course, with a turning point and genocide paper thesis, a finish line in sight, but on symposium a straight path of genocide research paper thesis uncertain length. Each kolon is appended to right essay the preceding one rather than fulfilling an genocide expectation set up earlier. For excerpts from Demetrios’ essay, click here. A longer periodic sentence of Demosthenes is paper peer analyzed below. To return to the table of contents, click here. Here is a period from Isokrates’ Panegyrikos (186), cited by genocide paper Aristotle in the Rhetoric (1410a):

For a graphic image of the Greek text, click here. Fame and memory and how to cite information paper apa, glory. how much ought one to paper thesis think. those will either possess while alive. or leave behind when they die. who in development deeds of armenian research this sort excel?

Only a tortured English translation, as above, can reflect the way Isokrates has directed this sentence toward its “finish-line”, aristeusantas. Each element of the to self determination essay sentence requires something later to complete its meaning: first come three accusatives; then they are made part of a question governed by the verbs khre and nomizein, the first of which requires an research accusative subject, the second an symposium plato questions infinitive; then come two parallel accusatives and infinitives, but since the accusative words are participles we still don’t know who the sentence is about; finally, the armenian genocide research phrase tous. . The Opal Deception Essays! .aristeusantas, with a prepositional phrase enclosed, tells us. Notice also how Isokrates emphasizes the paper structure of the sentence with repeated sounds and words: phemen, mnemen, posen; nomizein, ekhein, kataleipsein; e, e; zontas, teleutesantas, aristeusantas. Each of these repetitions spans two or three kola and leads us forward to the conclusion. A longer periodic sentence of Isokrates is analyzed below.

Short and Long Kola: Xenophon and Thucydides. As is to self essay usual in Greek, each kolon in the examples just discussed is short and easily comprehended. Were this not so, it would be very difficult to suspend the sense until the very end. Two examples cited by Demetrios, each a description of research a river, show the strikingly different effect of very short kola (kommata) and unusually long ones. Peer! First, Xenophon’s description of the river Teleboas ( Anabasis 4.4.3, Demetrios 6): houtos d’ en kalos men, megas d’ ou. This (river) was beautiful, but not large. Then Thucydides’ description of the Acheloos (2.102.2, Demetrios 45): For a graphic image of the Greek text, click here. For the river Acheloos, flowing down from Mount Pindos through Dolopia and the Agraioi and Amphilochoi, and through the Akarnanian plain, skirting the city Stratos upland. and discharging into the sea by Oiniadai and creating a marsh around their city, makes it impossible, because of the water, in armenian genocide research paper winter to cite information in a research paper mount a campaign.

The sentence, like the river, flows and twists and turns to armenian genocide research paper its conclusion. Only in the last kolon do we get the main verb, and the adjective aporon preceding it forces us to wait for the final word, strateuein, which explains the strategic reason for the entire excursus introduced by gar. An appropriately serpentine periodos! As a final example of a periodos where sense is suspended until the end, here is a sentence of Lysias, who was just as much at home in the periodic as in the loose style (25.18): For a graphic image of the Greek text, click here. But if you think it necessary. the men whom those ones omitted to harm. yourselves to tourism in rotorua essay ruin, none of the citizens will be left. In the protasis of this conditional sentence Lysias gains extra force first by using ei plus the indicative rather than the more usual ean plus subjunctive (making the whole sentence in effect a future most vivid or minatory conditional sentence), then by genocide research paper bringing the relative clause forward to precede the infinitive apolesai on which it depends. Right To Self Determination Essay! The sentence concludes both logically and dramatically with the main verb hupoleiphthesetai.

Not every periodic sentence postpones an essential element until the very end. Such sentences are indeed the most neatly “rounded” and “directed toward a finish-line”, but a longer period expressing complex ideas would be difficult for an audience to follow if they had to armenian research paper keep track of writing service multiple suspensions of meaning and multiple subordinations until the final kolon. Often the armenian genocide main verb comes at the beginning or in the middle, and the effect of a structured whole is achieved by carefully arranging parallel or antithetical kola whose sense is complete before the sentence moves on. Here is Isokrates’ description of Xerxes’ march through northern Greece ( Panegyrikos 89, cited in resume service cleveland part by Aristotle, Rhetoric 1410a): For a graphic image of the armenian genocide thesis Greek text, click here. Who came to so great a point of arrogance. that, thinking it was a small task to subjugate Greece. and wanting to leave a monument so great. that it is not a thing of human birth, he did not earlier stop (5) until he discovered and compelled. the thing which all men talk about: how with his army. to sail through the mainland.

and march through the sea, (10) yoking the Hellespont. and digging through Athos. This is a splendid example of a long and carefully crafted period where the main verb comes in the first kolon and everything else unfolds in essay later subordinations. The layers of subordination, rather than creating a tangled suspension of research sense, unfold clearly and in sequence. Note how small the paper peer elements are which make up most of research this sentence. The longest kola, the second and tourism in rotorua, third, describe Xerxes’ grandiose thoughts; as his plan progresses, things seem to genocide research paper thesis get easier until, in paper peer two short phrases, he yokes the sea and digs the land. And note the armenian research thesis careful and varied connections: relative clauses, result clauses, a temporal clause, pairs of participles and a pair of paper peer to manager infinitives set off by genocide research paper men and de. Note, finally, how similar sounds reinforce parallel structures: pleusai, pezeusai (9,10); zeuxas, dioruxas (11,12). End-rhyme links the paired verb forms, the first syllable of how to cite research paper zeuxas picking up sounds from the preceding pair. Another period of Isokrates is analyzed above.

Many periodoi are based neither on suspension of sense nor on grammatical subordination but consist of a series of parallel or antithetical kola. Here are two examples from Lysias cited by armenian genocide paper C. D. Adams in his insightful discussion of the differences between loose and periodic style (Lysias, Selected Speeches , pp. 345-352): For a graphic image of the Greek text, click here. The killing of men they thought of no importance; the taking of money they considered of great importance. (12.7) For a graphic image of the Greek text, click here. many of the citizens to our enemies they banished; many they wrongly killed and left unburied; many with civic rights they disenfranchised; of many the daughters about to to manager be married they balked. (12.21)

Strictly speaking, the first of these sentences presents an antithesis, the second a series of parallels. In each, however, as commonly, the kola are closely parallel in form: in the first, each kolon consists of infinitive + direct object + phrase with peri + main verb; at the end the rhyme hegounto/epoiounto (homoioteleuton) reinforces the parallel and brings closure. The kola are nearly equal in length: 18 and 16 syllables (the figure of isokolon or, more strictly, parisosis). Armenian Paper Thesis! The conjunctions men and de produce a suspension not of immediate meaning but of general thought: while the first kolon gives a complete thought, we know that more is to come. In the second sentence four parallel kola portray the tourism development essay nefarious character of the Thirty Tyrants. Not only are the kola nearly identical in length (17, 17, 15, and 18 syllables) but their similarity is strengthened by the repetitions pollous/pollous/pollous/pollon at the beginning and exelasan/epoiesan/katestesan/ekolusan at the end. The detail added by the fourth kolon–the confiscations of property even prevented some families from giving their daughters dowries–provides a vivid and armenian genocide research paper thesis, dramatic climax and essay questions, brings a sense of periodic closure. For excerpts from Demetrios’ essay, click here. For a graphic of Lysias 12.99-100 laid out in kola and kommata, click here. Even a single kolon can be periodic. Demetrios cites (17) the opening of Herodotos’ History : Herodotou Halikarnasseos histories apodexis hede. Genocide Paper Thesis! . . . Of Herodotos of how to cite information research apa Halikarnassos’ inquiry the armenian genocide thesis result is this.

A neat suspension of sense, where longer words lead to plato a shorter “capstone”, hede. Research Paper Thesis! Since this period is part of a longer sentence, it is worth quoting the whole thing: For a graphic image of the Greek text, click here. Of Herodotos of Halikarnassos’ inquiry the result is this, that neither may the things done by men with time become extinct. nor may great and wondrous deeds, some by foreigners shown forth, both the plato other events and armenian genocide thesis, through what cause they warred with each other. Thus, in a masterful period, does Herodotos reveal the goal and scope of his History . Note the careful connections and the opal essays, the alternation of long and genocide paper thesis, short kola. Note the double purpose clause (hos mete. Essay Questions! . .genetai, mete. Genocide Research Paper! . .genetai), where the second clause makes us wait while the meaning of erga is amplified by ta men. . . ta de. Professional Resume Service Cleveland Ohio! . Armenian Genocide Research Thesis! . in apposition. Note, especially, how the Persian Wars appear, understated, in a kolon appended at the very end, in apposition to aterm to manager and amplifying what went before. Isokrates could have done no better. Rhetorical, Historical, and Philosophical Periods. Thus periodic sentences can have various structures and can achieve “rounding” or “concentration toward an end” or “completeness” in various ways and to various degrees.

In addition to Adams‘ distinction between periods involving suspension of sense, antithesis, and parallelism one should take note of the more fundamental distinction which Demetrios draws between three types of period, according to how tightly they are constructed: the rhetorical period, the historical period, and the philosophical period or period of research paper dialogue. The rhetorical period is the most rounded, with a “turning” and “concentration” at the end (Demetrios 10). Symposium Essay Questions! Examples are the passages from Demosthenes (20.1), Thucydides (2.102.2), and Isokrates (Panegyrikos 186) discussed above, where a crucial element is withheld until the conclusion. To return to the table of contents, click here. A Short Historical Period of Xenophon. As an example of armenian genocide research a historical period Demetrios cites the opening of Xenophon’s Anabasis : For a graphic image of the Greek text, click here.

Of Dareios and Parysatis were born two children, the older Artaxerxes, the younger Kyros. (Anabasis 1.1; Demetrios 3) According to Demetrios this sentence consists of peer two kola, each of which, while an armenian genocide paper integral part of the sentence, completes its own thought. Professional Service! [One could also treat the phrases with men and research paper thesis, de as separate kola (or kommata).] That is, the first kolon is complete in itself, but the second adds details which, once we have them, we perceive as part of an deception essays organized whole. Many sentences, both shorter and longer, are organized in this way, not only by historians but by every kind of writer. The construction is looser than that of a rhetorical period but still produces the genocide research paper thesis impression of a rounded whole. To return to the table of deception contents, click here.

The philosophical period or period of dialogue is looser still and barely gives the impression of being a period at armenian genocide research, all. Demetrios cites the opening of Plato’s Republic : For a graphic image of the Greek text, click here. I went down yesterday to Peiraios. with Glaukon, Ariston’s son, to pray to deception the goddess. and also wanting to see the festival, how they would perform it, since now they’re holding it for the first time. (Plato, Republic 327a1-3; Demetrios 21) Demetrios notes that kolon is piled on kolon in apparent artlessness–yet, as critics have long remarked, this is one of the genocide thesis most studied and artful of Greek sentences. [See, for example, Denniston’s remarks ( Greek Prose Style , p. Right Determination Essay! 41).] Plato is said to have puzzled long over research thesis, the order of the to self essay opening words. Genocide! The very first word is the main verb; a full stop could be placed at the end of each kolon (except for the third, where te looks ahead to kai hama); the indirect question tina tropon poiesousin comes as a seeming afterthought, picking up the accusative heorten of the previous kolon (the fairly common figure of prolepsis). Symposium Plato Essay Questions! Yet by the end we have run a full course, a periodos. The sentence is more than what it seems to be: formally (grammatically) one could regard it as lexis eiromene, but it is really periodic.

There is no one formula, then, for a periodic sentence nor, as we are reading an author, should we expect to be able to say with certainty whether this or that sentence or passage is “loose” or “periodic”, much less classify each sentence as rhetorical, historical, or philosophical. Rather, we should observe how Greek writers ring changes on sentence-patterns and how they use connectives and rhetorical figures as “signposts” for genocide research thesis, the listener and reader. Symposium Plato! Labels, where we can assign them, are means, not ends. For Demetrios’ remarks on the three types of period, click here. In order to place in perspective the use of rhetorical figures as guides to the architecture of a sentence, let us look at armenian genocide research, the most exuberant rhetorician of them all, Gorgias of Leontinoi, who amazed the Athenians with a style in which repeated sounds and plays on words were part of the very texture of the Greek.

Our Gorgianic exemplar is chapter 6 of the Encomium of tourism essay Helen . For a graphic image of the Greek text, click here. For either by Fortune’s volitions. and the gods’ counsels. and Necessity’s decrees. she did what she did, or by genocide research paper thesis force seized (5) or by words persuaded. If, then, because of the first, worthy to be accused is the aterm peer one accusing: for god’s zealousness by human forethought it is impossible to hinder. Armenian! (10) For it is natural not for the stronger thing by the weaker to be hindered, but for the weaker by symposium plato the stronger to be ruled and guided, and for armenian, the stronger to lead.

and the weaker to follow. But god than man is the opal a stronger thing (15) both in force and in wisdom and in all else. If, then, to Fortune and the god the blame one must assign, verily Helen from her ill fame one must absolve. Not only armenian paper, is the passage composed for the most part of very short elements (kommata rather than kola) but many of these are the same or nearly the same in length (isokolon or parisosis): Tukhes boulemasi, theon bouleumasi, and Anagkes psephismasin (lines 1-3) are 6, 6, and 7 syllables; to men kreisson hegeisthai and to de hesson hepesthai (13-14) are each 7 syllables. End-rhyme (homoioteleuton) is essays everywhere: boulemasi, bouleumasi, psephismasin; harpastheisa, peistheisa, (5-7) [ is a medieval conjecture based on Gorgias’ development of the argument in chapter 15]; anatheteon, apoluteon (17-18). Parallel phrases follow one another in staccato succession: genitive noun + dative noun (1-3); substantive + phrase with hupo + infinitive(s) (11-12); substantive + infinitive (13-14). Parallelism of paper thesis sound and structure comes from plays on aterm to manager sound (parechesis) and meaning (paronomasia) within and between phrases, with similar words and even forms of the same word juggled kaleidoscopically: boulemasi/bouleumasi (1-2); aitiasthai/aitiomenos (9), where the first form is passive, the second middle; kreisson. . .hessonos. . .hesson. Research Thesis! . .kreissonos. . .kreisson. . .hesson (11-14), a double chiasmus. Note also the end-rhymes in paper to manager -sthai and the alliteration of h- in 13-14: hegeisthai/hesson/hepesthai. Especially bizarre is theou prothumian/anthropinoi promethiai in 10: what appears to be a longer kolon is armenian genocide research paper thesis broken up (or is it simply tangled, like vain human intentions?) by these nearly impenetrable phrases. Before dismissing these devices as puerilities, we should remember two things: first, the professional writing Greeks did not regard words merely as arbitrary collections of phonemes randomly assigned meanings; sound was connected to sense. Second, the argument from which this passage is excerpted is meticulously logical and entirely typical of fifth-century “sophistic” argumentation as exemplified in Euripides, Thucydides, and Aristophanes. [See the works of John Finley cited in the bibliography.]

The layout of this passage in the graphic attempts to armenian isolate its smallest constituent elements. The Opal Deception Essays! Gorgias encourages this with his insistent repetitions and isokola. But if we step back and look at overall sentence-structure, Gorgias’ sophistication is armenian research paper thesis evident. The first sentence (1-7) pivots around epraxen ha epraxen; the possible reasons for Helen’s elopement are presented on research either side of this main clause. Preceding it is one possibility (Fortune, gods, Necessity) divided into three; following it are others (probably three in number with one phrase each). Although we cannot know, as we read, exactly where the genocide series will end (and indeed we do not know, since line 7 is a conjecture!), Gorgias suspends the sense nicely near the center of the sentence.

The second sentence (8- 9), a straightforward protasis + apodosis, is inherently periodic. In the next (10) the predicate adjective adunaton, which reveals the how to cite information in a apa grammatical construction, comes next to last, and the direct object prothumian receives its infinitive (the subject of the sentence) only at the end. By contrast, in the longer sentence which follows (11- 14) everything depends on the first word, pephuke: the first kolon, introduced by ou, leads to the second, which answers ou with alla and where koluesthai is answered by two infinitives, arkhesthai and agesthai; at the end (13-14) two further articular infinitives amplify the idea expressed in line 12. Since the phrases with men and de form a single thought, they could just as easily be placed on armenian paper a single line. They would then complete an ascending trikolon.

The next-to-last sentence (15-16) is a straightforward nominal sentence, with kreisson amplified by three datives each introduced by kai. The final sentence consists of protasis + apodosis, each concluded by a verbal adjective. [In line 18 the right to self essay first word is MacDowell’s conjecture (CQ [n.s.] 11 [1961] p. 121).] Thus if we go beneath the dazzling surface of Gorgias’ rhetoric the confident construction of the sentences which convey his argument is apparent. Gorgias’ prose, with its successive kommata and insistent jingles, seems at first anything but “periodic”. Genocide Paper Thesis! Demetrios, however, describes Gorgias as writing entirely in periods (15). Critics have puzzled over how his audience could have been so impressed by Gorgias’ speaking, but in the courts as well as in the ekklesia the goal, after all, was effective argumentation, and the present epideixis is a tour de force of exactly that.

If we look to the overall length and structure of each successive argument in Gorgias’ logos, a different Gorgias emerges, an expert packager of solid, familiar arguments in novel form. Often cited in this context is Kleon’s condemnation of the Athenians’ obsession with rhetoric (Thucydides 3.38). The Athenians, says Kleon, want to anticipate a speaker’s words and be seen doing so. Tourism! Later, for an audience to do this was a sign of an unoriginal speaker whose words followed an all-too-predictable course (cf. Thesis! Demetrios 15). This is the audience that, only months later, Gorgias astounded with his speaking. Such a seasoned, even jaded audience was ready for something new. Gomme‘s notes ad loc., citing several passages from Aristophanes, evoke well the intellectual atmosphere attending Gorgias’ arrival. To conclude this section here is an appropriately rhetorical translation of this passage by right determination Larue Van Hook: For either by the disposition of fortune and the ratification of the gods and the determination of necessity she did what she did, or by violence confounded, or by persuasion dumbfounded, or to Love surrendered. If, however, it was against her will, the culpable should not be exculpated.

For it is impossible to forestall divine disposals by human proposals. Genocide Research Paper! It is a law of in a nature that the stronger is not subordinated to the weaker, but the weaker is subjugated and dominated by the stronger; the stronger is the armenian paper leader, while the weaker is the entreater. Divinity surpasses humanity in might, in sight, and in all else. Therefore, if on fortune and the deity we must visit condemnation, the infamy of Helen should find no confirmation. [Published in his introduction to Isokrates’ Helen , in vol. 3 of the Loeb edition of Isokrates, pp. 55-57.] Here, lastly, is an right to self essay example of the finest periodic style in Greek, the mature style of Demosthenes. Over the course of his career, Demosthenes developed a style unrivaled for its variety, intensity, and concentration, a style not wholly periodic like that of Isokrates but mixing long and complex periods with shorter, simpler statements, questions, exclamations. A good Demosthenic periodos, often cited, is the armenian genocide research paper thesis opening of the speech On the Crown : For a graphic image of the Greek text, click here.

First, Athenian men, I pray to all the gods and goddesses, as much good will as I continually have to the city and all of you, that so much be accorded me from you for this contest; second, a thing which especially concerns you and your piety and reputation, this for the gods to grant you: (5) not to make my opponent your advisor. about how you ought to listen to me. (that would be outrageous) but the laws and the oath, in which, in addition to the other just things, this too is writing service cleveland written: (10) to listen to both in the same way. At the outset of his speech Demosthenes gives original form to a commonplace idea: both sides deserve a hearing, and each speaker should be allowed to develop his arguments in his own way. At each stage of the sentence grammatical “signposts” and armenian genocide research paper thesis, other key words create a suspension of meaning which is only resolved in a later kolon. Demosthenes casts the entire sentence as a prayer (as he does the cite information in a research apa conclusion of the research paper speech [324], which repays comparison). The prayer has two main parts, introduced by proton men (1) and epeith’ (4).

The unremarkable words tois theois eukhomai are made memorable by three more words, bracketing the verb: tois theois eukhomai pasi kai pasais, which gives a striking rhythm: three cretics and a spondee. As for aterm paper peer to manager, the content of the prayer, it will be given by thesis the infinitives huparxai (3) and parastesai (5). Preceding the first is a relative clause introduced by plato questions hosen, which looks ahead to the correlative tosauten for the completion of armenian genocide its meaning: in writing cleveland ohio return for his efforts on genocide research behalf of the city and its citizens, Demosthenes asks an equal recompense (a point reinforced by humin. Deception Essays! . .par’ humon). The second infinitive, parastesai, is again preceded by a relative clause, this time introduced by hoper, which looks ahead to its antecedent touto (and note, in 4 and genocide paper, 5, huper humon and humin, forming an elegant chiasmus with the earlier pronouns humin [2] and the opal deception essays, humon [3]). But the second part of the prayer is not complete. Unlike toiauten huparxai the phrase touto parastesai forces us to paper thesis look ahead to development complete the meaning of touto, which is armenian research thesis supplied by the infinitive me. . .poiesasthai, in apposition to touto. But we are not through yet. The word sumboulon requires an explanation, provided (7) by a concise prepositional phrase with an the opal deception essays articular indirect question (!). Demosthenes then pauses for a parenthetical remark (8).

Then he picks up and continues the construction which he had interrupted: me ton antidikon sumboulon poiesasthai. . .alla tous nomous kai ton horkon. His delivery would have made it clear that me was here not a simple negative but required alla to complete its meaning. The period concludes with a relative clause explaining the jurors’ oath–a clause whose culmination is prepared for by a prepositional phrase with pros and by the pronoun touto, in apposition to which comes the final articular infinitive–the point of the whole sentence, an equal hearing for both sides, invested now with the authority of the gods and the solemnity of the oath. A complex period, with many suspensions of sense. With a subtle art Demosthenes resolves one suspension even as he introduces another. The main verb leads off; the climax of the genocide research sentence comes in a “mere” relative clause. There are clear signposts, but they are varied and not pedantically regular. The same variety is apparent in the two parts of the prayer (2-3, 5-11).

Even proton men and epeith’, the symposium essay linchpins of the sentence, are not placed strictly logically: epeith’ should introduce a parallel prayer, with another verb answering eukhomai or with the same verb understood, but it does not. Genocide Research Paper! It introduces the second prayer dependent on eukhomai. Line 4 above should logically be indented in the Greek graphic, but this is where logical strictness yields to art. To put it another way, proton men should really be placed after the first kolon–but how banal that would be! A shorter period of Demosthenes is analyzed here. More Periods of Gorgias, Isokrates, and Demosthenes. Here are some graphic representations of periods of Gorgias, Isokrates, and Demosthenes not discussed above. Click here to see Gorgianic periods. Click here to see Isokratean periods.

Click here to see Demosthenic periods. The distinction between the periodic structures favored by Isokrates and those of Demosthenes is brought out well by Eric Laughton in plato his comparison of these orators with Cicero, who is armenian research thesis Demosthenic rather than Isokratean (“Cicero and the Greek Orators”, AJP 82 [1961] 27-49; see especially pp. 41-49). Cf. H. C. Professional Service Ohio! Gotoff, “Thrasymachus of Chalcedon and armenian genocide, Ciceronian Style.” But when one looks back at the elegant repetitions and subordinations, at service cleveland, the effortless variety of Plato’s expression, and especially at the elaborate edifice of 14-23 (nemon . . . enemen), one has, in retrospect, a sense of armenian research paper rounding, a sense that one has been led on a planned path with a clear beginning, middle, and end.

It should be no surprise, in a writer so artful as Plato, that even a “loose” narrative has, beneath its surface, more than a hint of periodic style. [For a detailed analysis of Protagoras’ story as an example of a traditional fable, and a discussion of lexis eiromene in general, see E. Norden, Agnostos Theos, Anhang VII, pp. 366-379. On Greek and Roman fables see Ben Perry’s introduction to the Loeb edition of Babrius and Phaedrus (Cambridge, Mass./London 1965), pp. Aterm To Manager! xi-xxxiv.]