Date: 11.29.2017 / Article Rating: 5 / Votes: 6984 #Charles by shirley jackson theme essay

Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Charles by shirley jackson theme essay

Write My Essay Online for Cheap - charles by shirley jackson theme essay - University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA

Dec/Tue/2017 | Uncategorized

Buy Essay Online Help and Buy Professionals Essays - Charles Summary | SuperSummary - University of Aberdeen

Dec 19, 2017 Charles by shirley jackson theme essay,

Custom Economics Papers Writing Services - Charles by Shirley Jackson: Summary, Theme &… - University of Helsinki

best resume career You#8217;ve changed careers several times in your work life. It#8217;s been fun and you#8217;ve gained a lot of charles by shirley theme experience. But on your resume, your work history looks scattered. What Makes A Good Leader Essay? What resume format will frame your career change history to charles show that you#8217;re really a focused professional? Here#8217;s what we suggested for DiAnn, a job seeker who had a strong but varied career background. I Need a Resume for Career Change That Gives Me Focus. I#8217;m kind of a jack of essay all trades and jackson theme essay, have gone through a career change, not once but five times. On The Civil? I started out in charles by shirley jackson, Nursing, which lasted four years. Vonnegut Cat's Cradle Essays? Then went to financial sales for about sixteen years (Series 7, 6, 63 and charles essay, insurance licenses). Had one year in kurt cat's cradle essays, computer software sales while working as a General Contractor, building spec homes. Now I#8217;m running my own business (a women’s fitness club), which is up for charles by shirley jackson sale.

You see my problem: I#8217;ve had many careers, which could be seen as not being focused. I really do not want to work for dissertation a company where I have to essay go in dissertation handbook, and punch a clock, so to jackson essay speak. I would rather have a job where I can be independent and essay graphic organizer, be paid a salary. I just started working part-time for charles by shirley jackson theme essay a group of vonnegut cradle investors. By Shirley Theme? I search the internet, make contact with commercial brokers, and graphic, try to find undervalued land the investors can buy, develop, and charles jackson theme, resell. This job also involves some project management once a property is found.

When they buy, I get $10K and am part owner (5%) in essay, the property. This is right up my alley — being online, making contacts, following leads, and doing project management. Charles Jackson Theme Essay? I would love to probability questions find a full-time job something like this where I could work from home, doing research on charles by shirley jackson the computer. I really need something right now. My business is compare/contrast essay organizer costing me money every month and bleeding me dry.

I know I don#8217;t want to charles by shirley theme essay run another business where I have a lease, hire employees, and all that. On My Goals? In a nutshell, I do not know how to by shirley jackson theme essay write a resume that would focus on essays goals this internet research type of work where I can telecommute and get paid a salary with bonus/commission potential. I have a few resumes I wrote but they aren#8217;t geared towards this type of by shirley essay work. Kurt Vonnegut Cat's Cradle Essays? Also I really need more income ($75k- $100k). Charles Theme Essay? But do I have the owl thesis citation, experience to command such a salary and charles by shirley, are there companies out there that have this type of essays on my job? Also, I#8217;m concerned about my professional image. I don#8217;t want all my career changes to by shirley jackson theme make me look scattered on what makes leader my resume. Charles By Shirley Jackson Theme? Combination Resume Format to the Rescue.

I asked my senior resume writer, Beth Brown, to help me answer DiAnn#8217;s question. Here#8217;s our joint response. Beth: First of a good leader essay all, it sounds like you have a lot of energy and essay, have been very focused in essay graphic organizer, each industry. By Shirley Jackson Essay? Four years in rackham dissertation handbook, nursing, 16 years in the financial industry, and charles by shirley jackson theme, now running your own business – that’s nothing to sneeze at! Susan: We suggest you use a combination resume format, which is probability questions basically a chronological resume format with skill headings under the job titles in your Experience section.

These skill headings are key to charles by shirley jackson theme essay giving your resume focus. Essays On My Goals In Life? Your skill headings should highlight the charles jackson theme, relevant skills (relevant to your job objective) used in your jack-of-all-trade jobs. With the right skill headings, you#8217;ll show the employer that you#8217;ve used the leader essay conclusion, very skills he#8217;s looking for, even though your former job titles are very different from the job you now seek. By Shirley Essay? Again, your skill headings all need to essays be relevant to charles by shirley theme your job objective (yes, even for jobs that were not in the same industry or profession). What Makes Leader Essay Conclusion? That means, before you can create your skill headings and write your achievement statements, you need to theme essay nail down your job objective, which is the focus of makes a good your resume. Beth: In terms of charles theme getting an internet research type of position, you might start by makes essay, making a list of the charles theme essay, kinds of statistics internet research that would be interesting to essay you, such as financial, medical or sales-related research. Montaigne? Since you’ve been in charles, the financial industry and seem to thesis spanish like it, I would look at charles by shirley, a few websites of essay investment firms, brokerages, financial planners, etc. and see what the job title is for jackson theme someone who does research and lead generation, such as Research Analyst or Broker Assistant.

Then put that job title in the Job Objective at the top of your combination resume format. Now, everything that follows should support that job objective. Thesis Spanish Civil War? Focus on essay your most recent experience and highlight the most impressive and purdue citation, relevant points. Remember to group your achievements under skill headings. By Shirley Theme Essay? As Susan mentioned, those skill headings should reflect the skills that support your job objective. For your early jobs, skill headings are optional.

But you still need to rackham maintain a focus on jackson theme the accomplishments that would be most relevant to on the civil war the job you list in theme, your Job Objective statement. Dissertation Handbook? (To get the by shirley jackson theme, hang of vonnegut cradle writing a combination resume, see our Combination Resume Examples.) For example, listing the charles by shirley jackson essay, number or percentage of leads you generated and/or deals you closed as part of your financial sales position(s) would be helpful, as would building relationships and thesis on the spanish, negotiating agreements as part of running Curves. If you like sales and have some figures to show your skill in theme, it, or awards you may have received, be sure to include those. Remember, you don’t need to have done the statistics probability, same job for by shirley essay 20 years to have the experience and thesis on the spanish civil, skills necessary to do the job you now want. Charles Jackson Essay? However, with the kurt cradle, right resume format, you can show the employer that you have the skills for charles by shirley jackson theme that job. Statistics Questions? Go for charles by shirley jackson theme essay it!

Do My Homework Assignment - Charles by Shirley Jackson: Summary, Theme &… - East Carolina University

Charles by shirley jackson theme essay - Do My Homework for Me - Math Homework Help - Charles Critical Essays - eNotes com - University of Iowa

Q. Do you have software that will format my paper APA style - Shirley Jackson s Charles Essay example -- short… - Saint Louis University

How to Present Your Résumé, Bio Repertoire List. Resumes, biographies and charles by shirley theme audition repertoire lists are the print materials most commonly requested at essays auditions and for Young Artist Program application submissions. Clear, well-formatted print materials are extremely effective tools for presenting your voice and your story to audition panels and charles by shirley jackson theme essay pre-screening administrators. By contrast, a poorly organized bio or resume can be very confusing and probability questions frustrating to read; not only do they make you look unprofessional, they may also make it look as though you have something to hide. When creating and updating your print materials, remember the purpose these materials serve: to present a robust and accurate picture of your training and performance history, your accomplishments, and your artistic focus. List items in charles jackson theme a clear chronological order so that the owl thesis citation reader understands where you’re coming from and jackson theme how things are now developing for you. List not only what you have done, but also when and on my where. List the names of music and opera professionals with whom you have worked who are in a position to provide you with a positive and nuanced reference.

Keep things as simple and factual as possible, especially where your resume is concerned. If you imagine yourself in by shirley jackson the position of the administrator or casting director who will receive and evaluate your materials, you will appreciate the montaigne need for clarity and brevity. They do not have a great deal of time to charles by shirley jackson, spend on every bio or resume that passes through their hands and must scan each quickly for relevant information. While it’s only natural for you to want people to be excited by your accomplishments, do not exaggerate or distort information on your resume to make it appear more impressive or clutter up your bio with superlatives. Your singing resume should be a single page in length and handbook should include: Your name and contact information. Your Fach. Keep it simple, i.e. “Soprano” or “Baritone” rather than “Light Lyric Coloratura Soprano” or “Dramatic Baritone” – the roles you have performed will make that distinction for you.

Performance experience, including company/location and by shirley theme essay year. Cat's Cradle? Awards and jackson theme essay competitions. Education and owl thesis training. Teachers, coaches, conductors and directors with whom you have worked. Relevant special skills. List all performance and educational experiences in reverse chronological order (most recent first).

The information you present should be representative and recent, not exhaustive; include only jackson theme as much information as you can clearly present on one page. Format all material with clean columns and tabs. Use a serif font – you may choose a different, more stylized font for your name and essays on my contact information if you wish, but apply a single serif font for theme, the rest of your content. Mezzo-soprano Cindy Sadler is dedicated to helping singers take ownership of their talent and leadership of their careers. Cindy provides advice and probability questions mentoring on the business of singing through a monthly Classical Singer column “Ask Erda,” her Business of Singing seminars and in private consultations. What categories of information belong on jackson theme essay a singer’s resume? In what order s hould they appear? This isn’t a simple question! The answer is kurt, going to differ depending on where you are in your career and where you’re trying to go. But some things are universal. The first thing to ask yourself when writing a resume is, “What kind of work am I trying to get?” Your resume should be tailored to that – list the experience which is jackson theme, most relevant to that work first.

The second question is, “What experience do I have?” The third is, “How can I organize my experience to statistics, show myself in theme essay the best possible light?” Let’s say, for argument’s sake, you’re a young singer applying for a YAP, pay-to-sing, or an audition with an opera company or agent. List all your solo work first, chronologically by montaigne year, most recent first. Charles Jackson Theme? Your first category should be OPERA. This is a list of all the full roles you’ve done. You can include anything upcoming at the top of the list, in bold. If you have a few musical theater roles, just lump them in on my goals with the opera; if you have a lot, you can always create a separate category for MUSICAL THEATRE. Jackson Theme? Next, if (and only if) you have room on your resume, you can list OPERA EXCERPTS. (I hate the term “partial role” – it seems self-aggrandizing. We all know that means you did a scene). List CONCERT/ORATORIO, which should encompass all solo work you have done on concerts (you can include recitals if you don’t have much else to list). As a young artist, it’s fine to list chorus work on your resume, especially if it was opera and you don’t have a lot else to list.

But make sure you list CHORUS after all other solo work. After you’ve listed all your performance credits, you can add categories such as: AWARDS/SCHOLARSHIPS (be judicious, choose only the most impressive. There’s no need to list every honorable mention you ever got). EDUCATION/TRAINING (your degrees, YAPs and other training programs you’ve done, etc. Rackham Dissertation? Please don’t list master classes. By Shirley Theme Essay? Singing once for someone for 20 minutes is not a credit. If you did a semester-long workshop, that’s a different story). TEACHERS, COACHES, CONDUCTORS, DIRECTORS - List only the most influential teachers and coaches; list all the conductors and directors. Only list people who would give you a nice review if someone were to essays, contact them as ask about you. Also, don’t list a conductor unless you worked with them as a soloist (unless your whole resume is for choral work).

If you still have room on the resume, you can list things like LANGUAGES and SPECIAL SKILLS, but these are pretty much “filler” categories that should exit your resume as soon as you have more performance credits to fill up all the charles by shirley theme white space! Should I list roles that I have in preparation, or only roles I have performed? I sometimes advise people to list Roles in statistics probability questions Preparation or Roles in Repertoire which they have not yet performed. It depends on the circumstances. No one is going to look at these and charles jackson theme think of statistics questions it as a credit, but it can show what you are working on and can be useful for reflecting a Fach change or a return to singing after time off. By Shirley Jackson Essay? The rule of thumb is don’t list them if you don’t have to rackham, (you can always have a repertoire list on your website with ALL the roles you feel qualified to sing, whether you’ve had the pleasure or not). Also, if you’re going to list Roles in Preparation, list no more than three. I don’t believe you’re actively working in charles by shirley jackson theme essay more than 3 roles at purdue a time, learning all the by shirley jackson recitatives and ensembles. Montaigne? Just because you’ve learned the arias doesn’t mean you’re studying the role.

Should I list the teachers I have studied with? Yes, but you only charles essay need to list the most influential and then only if they would say nice things about you if someone were to montaigne essays, call them and charles ask. Should I list the dates of my performances? I am squarely in the “list dates” camp. While some administrators and agents won’t care, too many will see a red flag if you don’t list dates. They’ll think you’re trying to hide your age or the montaigne fact that it’s been 15 years since you sang a role. It’s better to deal with any issues up front.

While we’re talking about dates – please DON’T list “May 2013” or “Fall 2011”. The year is plenty of information; the rest is just clutter. What if I don’t have much performance experience yet? Just list all the performance experience you DO have under a single category, PERFORMANCES. Don’t worry about a thin resume – just make sure you apply for opportunities that are appropriate for your level of experience and you’ll be fine. What if there is jackson theme essay, a gap in citation my performance history? Read my article in the November 2014 issue of Classical Singer Magazine , where I address those issues in detail. There’s no one-size-fits all answer; but I work with many clients with this issue and there are always things you can do. Your biography can be of any length so long as you organize information with the same inverse pyramid style recommended for charles theme essay, press releases. Front-load all of the most important details you want the what makes a good essay conclusion reader to know about you in the first few sentences, then flesh out those details in subsequent paragraphs beginning with the ones most relevant to charles theme essay, the organization receiving your bio and ending with the most incidental. Your resume must stick to the facts, but your biography tells your story in narrative form.

It is up to you whether you would like to present a crisp, factual approach or use more poetic language to on my goals, describe your voice, artistry and accomplishments. Charles Theme? If you prefer a more subjective approach, get advice from people you trust to rackham, make sure that this language comes across as authentic rather than exaggerated – when possible, let others make those claims for you by incorporating press quotes. Artist management firms post bios for charles theme, the singers on essays on my goals in life their rosters, and you can draw ideas and inspiration from their formatting choices. By Shirley Theme? In baritone Weston Hurt’s bio, Opus 3 sticks to the facts but features an admiring quote from statistics probability questions, a Boston Globe review. Soprano Layla Claire’s bio on IMG’s web site is jackson essay, a much longer, more descriptive narrative, opening with the vonnegut cradle vocal qualities and repertoire specialties for which she is best known.

In crafting your bio, be specific and sparing with superlatives. Charles Jackson Theme Essay? Layla’s bio can accurately include the on my claim that she “has been celebrated as a unique artist with a voice of special color and expressivity” because it is supported by charles jackson theme essay the quote from essays, Musical Toronto stating that “Her ample, clear, flexible soprano has power as well as grace, with a tone coated in addictive, sweet carmel.” Too often, however, I see bios that describe an artist as “the most sought-after soprano of her generation” or the like! Google the charles by shirley phrase “sought-after soprano” and you’ll find this phrase in the bios of hundreds of singers. Who is seeking after all these sopranos, and who is keeping tabs so that we can calculate who is the most sought-after one? Non-specific superlatives like this just make it look like you’re trying too hard.

If you don’t have any juicy press quotes yet, that’s fine – it’s really okay to let your voice, and the simple facts, speak for themselves. It is essays in life, both useful and courteous to provide your audition panel with a printed list of the repertoire you are prepared to offer. Even though they will hear at most only two or three of your aria selections, the charles list provides them with an makes essay conclusion informative snapshot of what you sing best right now. It relieves you of the responsibility to recite a list of arias and the operas from which they are excerpted in theme essay several different languages, and it absolves the panel from probability, having to remember what you said. When formatting your repertoire list, include your name, Fach, and contact information.

List not only your arias but also the operas they are from and jackson theme the composer’s name. Check spelling and probability questions capitalization to make sure they are impeccable and have a couple of trusted friends or mentors proofread your work. Include all diacritical marks – if you don’t know how to jackson theme, type these on your keyboard, get some assistance. Learn and apply the capitalization rules for rackham handbook, titles of operas in by shirley jackson theme all languages represented: In Italian and French, only the first letter of the purdue owl thesis citation title and by shirley theme proper names should be capitalized; In German, only the first word and all nouns should be capitalized; In English, the first word and then all words except articles, conjugations and on my in life prepositions are capitalized.

While you’re at it, make sure that you have been meticulous with your spelling, diacritical marks and capitalization in jackson essay your resume and bio as well! As an Artist Manager with IMG Artists, Sam Snook frequently reviews print materials submitted by singers; he also works with the singers on his roster to make their materials as clear, effective and on my attractive as possible. Here is his advice for by shirley jackson essay, creating and formatting professional quality resumes, bios, and repertoire lists. Throughout my career, I have had the opportunity to field many resumes, biographies and repertoire lists from owl thesis citation, singers. Charles By Shirley Jackson? As an rackham dissertation artist manager, I also have the responsibility of writing and updating biographies for my artists, helping tweak resumes, and advising on audition repertoire. I will provide some bullet points on the salient points for each of these important documents. A resume should be one page. If it is longer, please do not shrink the font; it is time to remove some engagements. In the header, list the charles theme usual: Name, voice type, E-mail, phone number, mailing address. I appreciate when singers list their height. What Essay Conclusion? Please list your current teacher in addition to important conductors, directors and by shirley jackson theme essay coaches in rackham your life.

If you are not currently studying with a teacher, list the dates that you last studied, and with whom. Charles By Shirley Jackson Essay? If you have a special skill, please think about what is useful to probability questions, opera. “8 years of hip-hop dance” is not relevant to charles jackson theme, your singing career. Double, triple, quadruple check that the spelling and diacritical marks on the engagements you have listed are correct. I will spend your audition correcting your resume otherwise. If you are managed, please make that clear. I cannot tell you how many times I have approached an exciting singer, only for them to tell me that they have management. Owl Thesis Citation? Wear it as a badge of theme honor; you’ve earned it! As you endeavor upon your professional career and have several seasons worth of professional engagements, your biography can play double duty, and probability questions you may phase out jackson, your resume. It is most helpful to organize a biography by season, but not to list more than three seasons.

Once three seasons have been listed, a new paragraph should be considered along the rackham lines of “In past seasons, Sam Snook has performed… ” followed by a general list of engagements with no specific dates. A sample layout: List engagements in order of prestige within a season, not chronologically. Introductory paragraph 2014/15 Season paragraph 2013/14 Season paragraph 2012/13 Season paragraph Past work paragraph; opera (non-date specific) Past work paragraph; orchestral/recital (non-date specific) Awards and other professional details List important directors, conductors, productions and colleagues, “In the 2014/15 season, Sam Snook will debut at the Metropolitan Opera as Pollione in Norma , opposite by shirley jackson essay, Monserrat Caballe, in Franco Zeffirelli’s timeless production, conducted by Arturo Toscanini.” Pepper your biography with critical acclaim. Montaigne Essays? It helps to break up the listing of engagements and lends credence to your career. When selecting a quote, the theme same rules apply as when you were high school: stick to scholarly journals; newspapers, magazines, etc. It might be tempting to use a blog, and some are very good, but they do not provide the gravitas that a professional news agency has. If you’re not enjoying a full season of work, there is a magic word: “highlights”; when used, it gives the reader the impression that you are only choosing to list the most important engagements. Avoid listing your education if you are in your thirties, do not list awards that are more than five years old (and if you were not the winner), and purdue owl thesis please refrain from personal details. This is a narrative that represents what you have to charles by shirley jackson essay, offer professionally. List the aria you will start with first.

Center justify all of statistics probability your arias and by shirley jackson theme please list them: “Tarquinius’ Ride” from The Rape of Lucretia by Britten Make the repertoire list header the same as your resume; it looks good and kurt cat's cradle shows consistency. I am equally happy for singers to list arias as they are titled or colloquially, i.e. “Ou va la jeune Hindoue?” or “Bell Song.” If you don’t want to sing an jackson aria, or haven’t coached it in a while, take it off your list, because Murphy’s Law says it will be chosen. There is vonnegut cat's cradle essays, a lot of emphasis on having five arias, but four is good, as long as they are contrasting. Tailor your list to show off your best qualities; do not change your repertoire from audition to audition; a skilled casting person will be able to see what role would be good for you within your offerings, regardless of what they are casting. So I've attached my resume here and am looking for feedback :) After reading this article, I changed a couple of headings and removed Masterclasses from the Teachers/Coaches/Directors/Conductors column - and I added my height as well based on what Mr. Charles By Shirley? Snook had to say. Statistics Probability? The big thing I'm struggling with is by shirley jackson theme essay, what I need to in life, list in jackson the Related Skills section.

I have been told to list everything that is presently there, but I'm sure some of it is in life, more important to jackson, have listed, and it looks very cluttered! Of course, any other feedback is on my in life, welcomed as well. And to contextualize where I'm at for this stage of my career. finishing my MMus at Eastman. So far, I'm auditioning for Santa Fe Opera and Opera on the Avalon. Charles Jackson? I've applied to a couple of YAPs and some other summer programs as well. Hi Joel!

Your resume is in pretty good shape! Here is some feedback for essays, you: Get rid of the by shirley opera composers - we know who wrote Rigoletto . We may not know who wrote El Canguro , so after the title you can just put (von der Nahmer) to clarify (see DSF's resume - he has a number of essays goals in life contemporary or lesser-known works listed like this). The less stuff there is too look at, the more easily we can see what is important. Then you can space the tabs out charles jackson, better so you don't have crowding like we see on the Marquis de la Force entry. Check your date tabs - they're off in a couple of places. For Concert Oratorio, list the major work first and only list roles when clarification is rackham dissertation, needed (e.g. Pilatus). We will assume your role is baritone soloist, and there should not be a role listed for charles theme essay, works like the statistics Peter Maxwell Davies (I do not know the Brottmann but I'm assuming the same is true for jackson theme essay, that).

For Education, list the institution first, then the degree + major as a single entry, then the year. Essays Goals? This may be just my opinion, but with the exception of your BM major I would remove all references to your work in composition and conducting. It is not relevant to your work as an opera singer. Well, obviously it is jackson essay, relevant to what essay conclusion, you ! but everyone else just needs to evaluate you based on by shirley jackson your singing. Likewise, I would mention your skill at piano, violin and euphonium, but get rid of the details that make it look like your attention has been divided. Let us think that singing is your singular passion, even if it isn't.

Once we get to know you better we'll find out what a good leader essay, about these other mad skills of charles jackson essay yours. I myself have an MM in essays on my clarinet but I didn't mention that on my vocal performance resume. Essay? Do mention that you speak French well. No need to list the languages you have sung in - we will surmise most of that from your performance experience. I suppose you could list something like proficient singing diction in kurt vonnegut cat's Czech, Russian and Norwegian but I think it's not necessary unless you are auditioning for by shirley theme essay, an opera in one of those languages. Essays? If Onegin is on your aria list we will see that you know how to sing in Russian. So those are my suggestions.

However, everything is laid out very clearly here - this is already a very well-designed resume! Permalink Reply by charles by shirley Joel Balzun on October 18, 2014 at statistics probability 12:51am. Thanks Claudia - all of those suggestions were extremely helpful! I think my resume looks less cluttered now. and now I have room to add a couple of important notes that I felt were important (world premieres, etc.) - I've uploaded it again, as I want to see what you think of the alignment of the Teacher/Coach/Director/Conductor section. and of course anything else you may notice. also, another question. You mentioned in the article to use the same heading style for your repertoire list. on my resume, I have a thumbnail of my headshot. Would I omit that on my repertoire list? Wow, Joel! This is fantastic. Everything is so clear.

Your resume now does exactly what you need it to - present a clear picture of charles theme essay your performance experience and training at a glance. Great job! The only leader essay conclusion further suggestions I have would be 1. don't include Cowtown w/ your degree programs - we can see that you did this festival from charles, your performance history and it isn't on the same level as a BM or MM and 2. Tab the column with your degrees rather than centering them, as this would be more consistent with the montaigne overall layout. Permalink Reply by Courtney Ruckman on October 18, 2014 at 12:29pm. Thank you for offering to proof read and edit our resumes!

I enjoyed reading your article and other ones on jackson the musical exchange site. There's so many great resources available now! Hi Courtney – looks pretty sharp! Switch to a serif font. You do not need to citation, state which events are upcoming, even if the dates do not make that immediately clear. We just need to see what you're up to, not whether or not you've already completed the charles theme assignment. What A Good Leader Conclusion? So I'd get rid of those asterisks.

Do not capitalize elisir or amore Tweak the tabs a little to charles essay, make things less crowded and balance out the space between columns. The main fix is to make it so that (Barab) does not need to be in a smaller font, but the whole layout will benefit from more even spacing. Put the name of the competition first and your place in the next column. Purdue Owl Thesis Citation? Consider deleting the bottom two - they were a while ago, they aren't as prominent as many of the others, and this section need not have so much space devoted to it. For training and education, find a way to make your BM stand out. Even though it is earlier than the rest, I'd list it first and then leave a space between it and the other training programs. Name your major (was it voice performance?) Only include those special skills that are applicable to opera performance. For dance, list those forms that are useful and by shirley essay perhaps years of training. Judo could apply for stage combat, I suppose, but yoga and a good essay zumba not so much - I'd leave them off. List your instruments. By Shirley Theme Essay? We don't need to know you've recently taken up running, so delete that part.

Hope you'll find these suggestions useful - post again when you have decided on any changes! Permalink Reply by Joyce DiDonato on essays in life October 18, 2014 at 4:31pm. Claudia! Thank you for compiling this article. It's hugely helpful. And SAM! Thanks for pitching in! (Go Shockers!) I just wanted to by shirley essay, chime in and say that your resume/bio (as well as head shot) is probability, your very first line of jackson theme essay attack in securing an audition. Cradle Essays? Treat it as seriously as if you were applying to the top law firm in the country, or for a position at the White House. Charles Essay? It will speak volumes about your professionalism and what makes leader essay conclusion your dedication. There are a LOT of charles by shirley jackson essay wonderfully talented singers out there, and if it comes down to a small thing giving you the edge, let it be this - something you have full control over!

Also - my humble $.02? Don't lie. Essay? Don't exaggerate. Charles Jackson? You will be found out, and people will see through it. Tell the truth, and then let your singing do the convincing. Wishing you guys all the best! Permalink Reply by Claudia Friedlander on essays goals in life October 20, 2014 at 11:56am. Thank you so much for weighing in, Joyce! Now that we are reviewing applications for your master classes, I can enthusiastically confirm that the content and by shirley essay layout of a singer's resume is indeed of great importance.

The video submissions are crucial, but they can only tell us so much about the breadth of a singer's experience, repertoire interests, and training. The fiercer the on my competition, the more important these details become. And yes: never lie or exaggerate on your resume. Our world is so small that you will be found out. I was once on an evaluation panel and received the jackson resume of a singer who claimed to on my goals in life, have been in the cast of the by shirley jackson theme essay workshop/premiere of a contemporary opera that a student of mine had participated in, so I knew she hadn't been involved!

She must have thought that this was so obscure that no one would know, but boy was she was wrong. We really were only evaluating the strength of the applicants' demos, too, so it didn't matter whether or not she had tons of performance experience, but the what makes conclusion fact that she lied took her out of the running immediately. Permalink Reply by Emma Lynn on jackson theme essay October 21, 2014 at 12:39am. Thank you so much for offering to do this, this is purdue owl thesis, exactly what I've been looking for! I am at a much earlier stage in by shirley theme essay my career than some of the other singers. Essays Goals In Life? I'm currently applying for graduate school and by shirley jackson theme definitely don't have as much professional experience, but I would love your opinion! There are a few areas in which I would like specific feedback, the first being how much information I need to provide about concert engagements. If I was hired to sing just a few selections on handbook a bigger program, how should I denote that? I don't want it to appear as thought I'm obfuscating or making engagements look bigger than they are, but I'm afraid of adding too many qualifiers for fear of clutter. Secondly, I have an eyebrow ring, and I have heard various opinions about whether or not I should wear it for charles by shirley, head shots and statistics probability questions auditions.

Some say, no problem, they can imagine you without it, as much as they can imagine you with a wig on and others say that it's unprofessional. What do you think? Thirdly, I also uploaded two head shots, and I would love your opinion on which you think is more appropriate (or if they're egregious and I should get different ones. Charles By Shirley Jackson? )! I understand that as I get more roles and more experience I will weed out some of the smaller things currently on questions my resume, but I would love any feedback as it stands now! Okay Emma! I will help you organize your resume, but I need you to do some homework for me first.

To the best of your ability, bring the format into alignment with the guidelines we have presented here: Keep it to one page. Use a serif font. Get the tabs aligned properly - there are dates and by shirley jackson other info scattered all over rackham the page, and they need to appear in neat columns. Post it again, and then we'll go into further detail.

And don't worry - it looks like the basic content is by shirley jackson theme essay, all very appropriate. It just needs to be presented in dissertation handbook a way that we can read it quickly and easily. I'm also happy to vote on your head shot, but I request that you repost your options to the head shot discussion so that out by shirley theme essay, other members can read our interaction in what a good conclusion context and benefit from it. As regards your eyebrow ring: The general rule for jackson, audition presentation and attire is to make yourself look as flexible as possible so that it is easy for panelists to envision you as a variety of characters in productions they are casting (and you may not even know what those are). So while you want to look stylish and attractive, to a certain extent you also need to be a neutral screen that they can project things onto. This is purdue owl thesis citation, helpful for you also, because you may have to embody two or three very different characters in the course of your audition, and by shirley jackson you want to be able to easily slip in and out of them - while one of rackham dissertation those characters might rock an charles jackson eyebrow ring, probably all of them don't. So do not wear it in purdue citation auditions. It's important to let your creativity and personality shine through in auditions, but the best way to do that is with your singing! We will cover issues like this in greater depth in a future post on Audition Preparation Etiquette. Permalink Reply by Emma Lynn on October 21, 2014 at 12:57pm.

I have done some rearranging! Instead of having an Opera column, because I don't have much experience there, I created an charles by shirley jackson theme essay Opera Excerpts column so that I don't have to essays on my goals, denote which are partial roles. Theme? For the Concert section I modeled it after some of the other resumes that have been posted, but I'm still not sure if I'm happy with that area, so I would love any feedback that would make it more clear and concise! I specialize in rackham handbook art song, and many of the programs I do are quite varied, so it's not as clear cut as just listing an oratorio and the composer. How do you suggest I present that information? Thank you so much for by shirley jackson essay, your help and advice! Permalink Reply by Emma Lynn on October 21, 2014 at dissertation 1:04pm. I have done some rearranging! Instead of having an Opera column, because I don't have much experience there, I created an theme essay Opera Excerpts column so that I don't have to denote which are partial roles. For the Concert section I modeled it after some of the other resumes that have been posted, but I'm still not sure if I'm happy with that area, so I would love any feedback that would make it more clear and concise! I specialize in makes a good essay art song, and many of the programs I do are quite varied, so it's not as clear cut as just listing an oratorio and the composer.

How do you suggest I present that information? Thank you so much for your help and advice! Carnegie Hall Musical Exchange. Connect with other young musicians (ages 13 and up), share your performances and compositions, and join creative projects led by professional artists from Carnegie Hall. Digital music workshops produced by Carnegie Hall in partnership with Building Beats are supported by the Hive Digital Media Learning Fund in the New York Community Trust.

How to Write Faster: 11 Steps - Lesson Plan on the Short Story “Charles” by Shirley… pdf - Pace University - Pleasantville Campus

Pay Someone To Write My Essay For Me UK - Lesson Plan on the Short Story “Charles” by Shirley… pdf - University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA

Sightseeing Bus Tours Business Plan. Double Decker Tours of Washington, LLC (DDTOW), located in the city of Washington, DC is a new sightseeing company in its formative stages. It is being organized to take advantage of a specific gap in the local sightseeing tour market. The gap exists in high quality, reasonably priced sightseeing tours in the nation's capital away from the city center, indicating that a new entrant tour company could be expected to capture a significant portion of the current sightseeing tour market. Double Decker Tours of Washington's mission is to provide safe, reliable and fun sightseeing tours to the visitors of Washington, DC using London-style double-decker buses. Nine of the charles by shirley theme essay buses will be open top for sunny warm and makes a good essay conclusion beautiful days and three will be closed for cold and inclement weather. DDTOW will provide daily sightseeing tours and charter services in Washington, DC. We will survey the White House, Capitol Building, Supreme Court, Senate Office Buildings, House Office Buildings, Museums, Library of Congress, etc., as well as Adams Morgan, the U Street Corridor, Catholic University and many other sites that make up the city. Marketing and Sales Strategy. DDTOW will develop a message that touring with us is fun and we will project that message over charles, the airwaves and in print.

We will kick off our message using Comcast Cable System in the Washington area as well as hosting parties for purdue owl thesis certain tour association decision makers and the media. We plan a pre-opening marketing budget of $80,000. As we profit, we will spend about 1% of gross revenues on advertisement and marketing. We will also distribute survey cards to assess what we are doing right and identify what we are doing wrong. Our main competitors in the Washington sightseeing market are:

Tourmobile: Tourmobile is based at East Potomac Park and is authorized by the National Park Service to conduct sightseeing tours along the National Mall and in Arlington National Cemetary. By Shirley Jackson Essay. Tourmobile uses a shuttle service employing 85-passenger trams along the kurt vonnegut cat's Mall and 120-passenger trams in Arlington. They have been in business for over 25 years. Tourmobile was started in 1969 as a subsidiary of Universal Studios to provide interpretive services along the National Mall. Theme Essay. In 1981 Tom Mack bought the company making Tourmobile, Inc. a locally owned Washington DC company. Tourmobile has over kurt cradle, 42 vehicles and serves upwards of 2 million riders annually. Historic Tours of America: HTA operates in Washington as the charles by shirley Old Town Trolley and DC Ducks. HTA is a national company with outlets across the country.

HTA, like Tourmobile, uses a shuttle system for its passengers and they use 35- to 60-passenger trolleys. Grayline: Grayline International is a global company with offices and tours around the world. Grayline contracts out essay conclusion, its services to local bus lines and runs multiple tours. Grayline runs the Lil Red Trolley as its service in Washington. Zohery Tours: Zohery Tours is a local company that runs 15-passenger vans and theme essay 45-passenger coach buses. Zohery tours are about 3 hours in length. In recent Washington Convention and Tourism Corporation figures, it showed that 17.6 million people came to visit Washington, DC, spending over $10 billion dollars; $4 billion of that on sightseeing and tourism related activities. Although overnight leisure travel increased significantly while day-trip volume was down, the good news was that average trip expenditures increased to levels of statistics, $480 per day per trip. Many of the trips that were made to the city centered around visiting historical places and museums (36%) and charles by shirley jackson essay shopping (24%).

In leisure travel, 36% of what makes a good leader, visitors were solo travelers as compared to 80% of business travelers and 23% of charles by shirley jackson theme, leisure travelers came with children as compared to 6% of business travelers. Also many of our visitors to purdue owl thesis citation, the city have income of over $75K, were married, had no children, were in the 35-54 age group, and had an advanced degree. Visits from foreign tourists fell three years ago by by shirley jackson theme, 19% and by what makes a good leader essay conclusion, 14% two years ago, but over charles by shirley jackson, 1 million foreign tourists came to Washington, making it 8th in US destinations by what makes a good leader essay conclusion, foreign visitors. Michael Frank Coleman* will serve as member manager. He has extensive experience in charles the Washington sightseeing industry, working for Tourmobile and conducting walking tours around town. Mr. Coleman has a knack for recognizing opportunities and purdue owl thesis developing staff members to take advantage of those situations.

Mr. Coleman will assemble a staff of by shirley theme, experienced tour professionals to makes leader, oversee operations and market our services. Paul F. Charles By Shirley Theme Essay. Williams* has over 30 years of essays on my goals, entrepreneurial experience in international and private sector business development and by shirley jackson essay will act as DDTOW's business development manager. *Confidential and proprietary resume data has been omitted from this sample plan. Tickets sales and boarding of the essays goals buses will take place at the MCI Center at 601 F Street in Northwest Washington. This site gives us great foot traffic in the heart of the entertainment district as well as ample parking and public transportation access. Jackson Theme. The buses will be stored and serviced by montaigne essays, Peter Pan Bus Service in Tuxedo, Maryland thereby reducing staff cost and insuring top notch services for our customers. A small office located on Third Street in by shirley jackson theme Northeast Washington will serve as administrative offices. Our research and projections indicate that the demand for sightseeing tours in and around Washington is sufficient to provide Double Decker Tours of Washington, LLC with revenues of over $14 million dollars in its first full year of operations, utilizing 15 used London-style double-decker tour buses and selected routes throughout the city. These sales figures are based on cat's cradle capturing 453,000 customers out of a potential customer base of 22 million people. Second year revenues are expected to exceed $17 million serving over 500,000 customers with additional advertising and expanded tours.

The DDTOW plan has the potential for a more rapid growth due in part to new memorial and other venues that are opening in charles by shirley jackson theme essay Washington in the near future. In short, the demands for tours in DDTOW's target market during the coming year will be more than enough to support DDTOW's anticipated market share. These sales levels will produce net profits of $13 million dollars in the first operational year and $15 million in year two. Net profits in purdue citation year one will be over by shirley theme, 60% of sales and will maintain that level in year two. The company's long term plan is part of the due diligence package.

The first few months of leader essay, formative operation will burn cash (see the Start-up table later in this document) until revenue can commence. This is due to the organizational and regulatory obligations of a new tour operator but aggressive marketing and promotion will readily make up for the slow start. Long-Term Development Exit Plan. Our tours, along with the use of double-decker buses, that target new routes in charles theme essay the city, and aggressive media exposure will allow us to grow over the next five years into a major player in the region. Conclusion. Our goal is to jackson essay, create a reputation of quality, fun and safety that will make us the leader in the Washington area sightseeing/tour market.

After our service starts, we will keep a close eye on a good essay conclusion sales and profit. If we are on target at the end of year two, we will look to expand into a new market. With any new venture, there is risk involved. The success of our project hinges on charles theme essay the strength of essays, acceptance of our new tours and buses. After year one, we expect a lot of competition in the form of the established tour operators banding together against us. Ideally, DDTOW would like to expand into theme, the Baltimore, Richmond, Atlanta and Miami markets over the next ten years. Probability. At that time, we will entertain the charles theme possibility of a buy-out by a larger Sightseeing/Tour operator or seek to sell to a new owner. Funds Sought and Utilization. DDTOW is cat's cradle seeking financing of $800,000, in the form of charles by shirley jackson theme, a five-year loan. Most of the planned start-up costs are apportioned to the following areas in approximately declining value:

Purchasing twelve 70-passenger London-style double-decker sightseeing buses, nine of which are open top for beautiful days and nights and three closed top for cold or inclement weather. Provisions of a sufficient cash reserve to assure timely payment of operating costs of the buses for the first three months. Costs associated with recruiting, training, and paying operational crews. Vonnegut Essays. Marketing, advertising, and public relations costs, including the charles by shirley theme essay cost of setting up a website capable of offering tour information and making online sales and reservations, and related Internet marketing, as well as conventional print and on my in life broadcast advertising, and by shirley public relations activities. Administrative and legal costs incurred in setting up the makes essay business and the tour operations. A reserve to cover overall operating costs, aside from bus operating costs, over at least the first three months of charles by shirley essay, operations. The following chart illustrates the highlights of our business plan over the first three years. We recommend using LivePlan as the easiest way to kurt vonnegut essays, create graphs for your own business plan. Double Decker Tours of Washington will have as it primary objectives the following elements: To establish and operate a new tour company aiming specifically at touring the by shirley theme monuments, memorials, museums, and government buildings of the capital city as well as touring the statistics historic neighborhoods away from the by shirley essay city center. To implement an organizational and marketing strategy that will, beginning in the first months of operation, achieve an average load per bus of 65-85 percent depending on season and increasing thereafter to 75-100 percent, thereby maximizing revenues and statistics questions return on investment while reducing risk.

To achieve revenues of about $14 million by our first full year of tour operations, exceeding $20 million by our third year. Also to expand into newer markets in the Baltimore-Washington corridor. To achieve net operating profits of 60-70 percent within the first 12 months of tour operations and steady growth enabling rational expansion of the company thereafter. To achieve the following results starting with twelve 70-passenger London-style doubledecker buses obtained through purchase to serve the touring public in Washington and incrementally expanding the charles jackson theme fleet as demand grows. To gear operations, and present a professional, serious, growth-oriented image from the outset, that will set the essays on my stage for a reasoned, planned expansion, mirroring growth rates projected for the first years of operations. By Shirley Jackson Theme. As an element critical to achieving DDTOW's other key objectives, to identify and develop strategic alliances through the DC Chamber of Commerce, the purdue owl thesis citation Greater Washington Board of Trade, the Washington Convention and Tourism Corporation and other Washington associations and tourism groups. In descending order of importance, the five critical keys to success for Double Decker Tours of Washington are: Employing an experienced, highly professional management team that combines vision; realism; financial ability; solid knowledge of the Washington tour/sightseeing market; familiarity with, and belief in, the utilization and benefits of the charles by shirley jackson essay latest computer informational technologies; realization of the crucial importance of an organization personnel to its success; and a total commitment to the overall mission and goals in life goals of Double Decker Tours of Washington. Intelligent, progressive, and aggressive marketing that identifies the charles by shirley theme essay company as a different kind of player, one that is essays goals sharper and smarter, with a higher level of professionalism and operational standard than is the norm in the Washington region.

Concentration on safety, with highly trained, dedicated, and professional personnel, caring for the customer and the customer's needs and straightforward, understandable fare pricing will form key pillars of the charles jackson marketing strategy. Identification, through careful market research, of unserved or under-served routes in the city that may be of interest to our customers and enable high load factors and profitable operations. Use of a fleet of London-style doubledecker buses that offer an unobstructed view of the city from the top deck and offers a high level of comfort, safety, and fuel and operational efficiency. Use of information technology to reduce staffing and other operational cost; expand the potential market base; readily capture sales opportunities; and purdue enhance customer convenience and satisfaction. Double Decker Tours of Washington, LLC has a mission to provide safe, professional, reasonably priced sightseeing services to our customers. We intend to fill a niche in the Washington sightseeing market that is unmet at this time, to sites in the city that are not currently shown, as well as highlight the sites that are known to millions of visitors. We will operate and maintain the best fleet of buses available and we will never skimp on charles by shirley theme safety or customer service. We will always have and what a good leader promote fun tours so that when the customer leaves us, they will remember the good time they had and recommend us to a friend or relative. We will provide friendly and courteous service from the by shirley jackson theme time we meet to the time they leave. With a combination of clean buses, friendly and informative and kurt cat's cradle helpful driver guides along with outstanding customer service, DDTOW intends to lead the by shirley jackson essay other companies and make our standards their ambition.

Your business plan can look as polished and professional as this sample plan. It's fast and easy, with LivePlan. Business planning has never been easier. With 500 complete sample plans, easy financials, and access anywhere, LivePlan turns your great idea into a great plan for success. You can download this complete sample plan as a text document for FREE. Bplans is montaigne essays owned and operated by charles by shirley jackson theme, Palo Alto Software, Inc., as a free resource to help entrepreneurs start and run better businesses. 1996 - 2017 Palo Alto Software.

All Rights Reserved | We're Hiring! Try the #1 business planning software risk-free for 60 days. No contract, no risk. Essays. Built for entrepreneurs like you. No contract, no risk.

Built for entrepreneurs like you.

Buy Essays Online - Charles Themes - eNotes com - Virginia Tech

Buy Essay For Cheap - Charles Themes - eNotes com - George Washington University

17 Ways to Make Your Resume Fit on One Page. You may look at your resume and think that everything on it is too important to be left off. But let#8217;s get real. You#8217;re looking for an internship or entry-level job, which means you have just a few years experience. While we#8217;re all about theme essay making your experience relevant, there isn#8217;t a single recruiter out there who thinks it#8217;s ok to purdue have a resume longer than one page for an internship or entry-level job. Jackson Essay? You may have plenty of experience for your level, but you don#8217;t have that much experience.

Resumes longer than a page are only appropriate for those who have been in purdue owl thesis their industry, say, 10 years. So how do you cut down your resume to something readable, while still getting across how awesome you are? These easy tips will help you easily achieve such a lofty goal. 1. Only talk about relevant experience. Even if you have a ton of internship experience, it probably doesn#8217;t all need to be on charles essay your resume. Read the job description carefully and highlight keywords and skills they#8217;re looking for. Then, look over your experiences and only include the ones that demonstrate your ability in what makes essay conclusion those areas. Charles Essay? If you#8217;ve had similar roles at kurt cat's cradle different companies, you probably had some similar tasks. That#8217;s great! It means you have lots of experience in those areas. However, recruiters do not need to read #8220;Strategized social media content for various clients#8221; or #8220;Wrote and distributed press releases#8221; two or three times.

If you had the same responsibilities at by shirley jackson theme two different jobs, only mention the one where you had the best results. Dissertation Handbook? 3. Leave out #8220;References available upon charles theme essay, request.#8221; Many people will use an entire line (and probably a blank space above it) to goals write this phrase. Charles? If you#8217;re struggling to fit your resume to cat's cradle a page, those two lines are valuable real estate. If an employer wants references, they#8217;ll request them. It#8217;s rare for an applicant not to have a single reference available, so don#8217;t waste precious resume space with this phrase.

Many people choose to write their name across the top of their resume in charles by shirley jackson theme 13940292 pt font. We get it it#8217;s dramatic, eye catching, etc., etc., but it#8217;s a total waste of space. It#8217;s plenty attention-grabbing to write your name in bold, maybe one or two font sizes larger than the rest of your resume. Recruiters know they can find your name at montaigne the top of the charles page, so you don#8217;t need to make it so obvious for them. We#8217;ve heard plenty of mixed feelings from recruiters on the objective. Some find it helpful, some say it#8217;s a waste of space. We happen to side with the latter. Let your experience show your objective. If your experience doesn#8217;t seem obviously relevant to rackham the position, then use your bullet points to demonstrate how those roles apply. Review the job description and reshape your bullets to show your relevant skills.

Plus, your cover letter is the perfect place to elaborate on how your experience fits. A #8220;widow#8221; is one word that has it#8217;s own line. Jackson? In resumes, this is often seen in the #8220;skills#8221; section, and it#8217;s a major waste of space. Try reformatting sections like that to make the most of your space. For example, write your skills on one line and separate them with dots, slashes, or lines.

If you do this, however, be careful when uploading to application systems that pull the content of your resume into a text box. Probability Questions? The system may mess up your formatting, so be sure to check it over and update it before submitting. Very rarely is your high school going to be relevant to a position you#8217;re applying for. Unless you went to theme a very specialized high school, or you know that the recruiter reviewing your application also went to your high school, there#8217;s no reason to include it. Your work experience and college education say a lot more about you than where you went to rackham dissertation handbook school when you were 16, so just leave this out. 8. Put information about each position on one line. Charles By Shirley Theme Essay? You might like the way your resume looks when the company, duration of your position, location, and vonnegut cat's your title each have their own line. But if it#8217;s pushing your resume over by shirley theme a page, it#8217;s time to move things around. Play around with ways to fit this information on one or two lines. Doing this for each of your positions will save you a ton of space. 9. Format relevant leadership experience under work experience.

Having a separate #8220;leadership experience#8221; section uses more space than necessary. Evaluate your leadership and see which roles are truly relevant to essays on my the position you#8217;re applying for. Charles By Shirley Theme Essay? Then, move the most relevant ones into what a good leader essay your #8220;work experience#8221; section. Cutting out that header and selecting only the roles that are actually relevant will free up some room on charles by shirley theme the page. Statistics Questions? It might seem scary to have tiny margins it#8217;s against everything you learned in essay school but it actually makes your resume look much more impressive. Try making your margins 0.5#8243; and essays in life see how much space you suddenly have.

You can also play around with spacing between bullet points and sections. Single spacing your bullets but putting slightly larger spacing between sections will keep your resume readable without sucking up the space that double spacing does. Just based on the formatting which is all you see at first glance which of these is more likely to catch your eye? Spacing can make a huge difference. Charles Jackson? 11. Put your contact information on one line.

The traditional address format is not your friend when putting together your resume. Use the same trick we used earlier for putting your skills on one line, and separate your contact information using dots, slashes, or lines. Just because 12 pt font was standard for your college essays doesn#8217;t mean the same goes for your resume. Play around with 11 or 11.5 pt font instead. You#8217;ll find that it#8217;s readable and gives you more room to essays play with. 13. Don#8217;t feel pressure to put three bullets. It may look nice to have at least three bullet points under each title you#8217;ve held, but it#8217;s not necessary.

If you didn#8217;t have three separate and charles by shirley jackson essay relevant roles in montaigne essays each position, then you don#8217;t need three bullets. If two of your bullet points are similar, try combining them into one line. 14. Use bullet points that make you stand out. Forget the bullets that everyone in that sort of role performed. Only include ones where you had great results (#8220;Increased ticket sales by jackson theme essay 200%#8221;) or the context is impressive (#8220;Worked the door for a 500+ person event#8221;). 15. Only mention self-explanatory awards.

Having awards on your resume is nice, unless you#8217;re using up all your space explaining what they#8217;re for. If the handbook name of an award doesn#8217;t obviously explain what it#8217;s for, and you find yourself adding bullets under it to explain, then just leave it out altogether. 16. Essay? Leave off irrelevant experience (yes, again!). Seriously. This one is so important, it#8217;s worth repeating. If I#8217;m considering you for an editorial internship, I don#8217;t need to know that you were a member of your school#8217;s ballroom dance club.

Unless you can clearly show in your bullets how the experience applies to rackham the role, don#8217;t include it. 17. Submit it as a PDF unless otherwise specified. Charles Jackson Essay? Once you#8217;ve made all these changes, save your resume as a PDF. Employers want to see PDF resumes 99% of the montaigne time, so unless the application specifically says to submit it as a Word Document, you should save it as a PDF. Nothing says #8220;careless#8221; like submitting a Word document that highlights typos, and jackson essay you never know if the a good leader conclusion formatting will change on by shirley jackson essay the recruiter#8217;s computer, making it look sloppy and possibly over one page.

Submit a PDF so you know exactly what they#8217;ll see when they open it. Remember, you can always add more to your LinkedIn to questions cover additional experiences. Make sure you include your custom LinkedIn link in the contact section of by shirley theme essay your resume so employers can easily find out more about you. About the author of this article, Christina Madsen. Montaigne Essays? 2 comment on “ 17 Ways to Make Your Resume Fit on One Page ” My question on this is charles essay, that if you aren#8217;t applying to a entry level position or an internship does the lack of introduction summary on your resume still apply? As I am applying to different jobs and I have heard that most of the essays time when you write a cover letter, it gets seen by the first person to charles by shirley jackson essay receive your application but then they discard it and purdue just keep the resume, sometime being the person who looks at the cover letter will say, #8220;she/he meets the charles by shirley theme criteria we are looking for based our advertisement#8221; then hands it to probability questions the person without the cover letter who actually does the hiring. By Shirley Essay? I am trying to get used to the different ways to statistics probability questions present a resume at this moment being originally from australia where some things in terms of the application process differs. By Shirley Jackson Essay? Thoughts or advice? Thank you. Hi Johanna!

That#8217;s a great question. Unfortunately, the purdue owl thesis citation short answer is that it#8217;s different for theme essay every company. Some recruiters love to read cover letters, others never read them. On My In Life? I would say that if you#8217;re trying to make your resume fit on essay one page and have to make a choice between including really great work experience and including an objective/summary, go with the experience. It will show why you#8217;re right for the job better than a brief summary. Again, that#8217;s a personal opinion and what makes a good leader essay everyone will have a different view on charles by shirley essay the matter. But go with your gut and essays on my in life include what you think shows that you#8217;re the best candidate!

Since forming in 2011, FindSpark has become the largest Meetup group for interns and recent grads in the country, hosting over 250 events for more than 25,000 members.

My Homework Done Fast | We Can Do Your Assignment 24/7 - Charles by Shirley Jackson: Summary, Theme &… - Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania

Do My Essay For Money - Charles Summary | SuperSummary - University of Wyoming

classics essays If you are going to by shirley jackson essay use a passage of Lorem Ipsum, you need to be sure there isn't anything embarrassing hidden in essays the middle of text. All the Lorem Ipsum generators on the Internet tend to repeat predefined chunks as necessary when looking at its layout fact that a reader will. If you are going to use a passage of Lorem Ipsum, you need to be sure there isn't anything embarrassing hidden in charles theme the middle of text. All the rackham dissertation handbook, Lorem Ipsum generators on the Internet tend to repeat predefined chunks as necessary when looking at charles, its layout fact that a reader will. Our Specialized Free Dissertation Consultations.

Top Quality Academic Experts are available 24/7. The expert of Academic Editing and Proofreading industry has over statistics probability questions grown over the years. We are self-assured you will get attracted towards our work which we produce we assure the final high degree of the work. Unlike others, if your work doesn't meet our exacting standards, you can claim a full refund. We promise you will love it. Charles By Shirley Theme Essay? Consequently, we employ our editors and probability proofreaders from many different backgrounds. Some are teachers, examiners and researchers. We are the one who stipulate the proper provision in the industries of proofreading and editing to offer 24/7 support to our clients. • We provide authentic references relevant to your paper. • Guaranteed original editing and proofreading. • Your satisfaction is on by shirley theme, the first step.

Top Quality Edit and what a good leader essay Proofreading Service for your Essay and Assignments as per Academic Standards. Our proofreaders stipulate you the proper draft of by shirley theme essay your essay for the submission. We polish your words, choice of vocabulary, phrases and owl thesis citation specially the grammatical errors, to verify your quotation and charles by shirley jackson theme essay references agreed with the style guide. HIGHLY EXPERIENCED PROOF READERS ARE HERE TO HELP YOU IN YOUR ESSAYS TO MAKE THEM THE BEST ONES. WE REFLECT ON THE QUALITY. Our professionals are here for your convenience. We focus on your work quality that would be the huge matter for us. Our editors are here to assist the student work which is based on what a good leader essay, the essay, thesis and dissertation. WE DELIVER QUALITY AS EVERYONE WANTS QUALITY PAPERS AND WE DON’T COMPROMISE ON QUALITY.

EDITOR CREATE PROPER WAY OUT. Everything that editor do is unique for you. They ensure you to deliver plagiarism free content. The basic way for their proper attention towards your work is charles by shirley theme, that they are the professionals and they know your work importance as well as your field. IF YOU WANT PROFFESIONAL EDITORS YOU ARE AT THE RIGHT PLACE. WE HAVE THE PROFFESIONAL AND EXPERIENCED EDITORS FOR YOU. LINGUISTIC FEEDBACK AND EDITING. The editor concentrates towards the specific organization, paragraph structure, sentence making, appropriate tone and content evaluation. Our approach includes Parallel presentation for ideas, Peculiar diction, Argument evaluation, Coherence and montaigne logical conclusions. WE GIVE THE MOST PERFECT STYLES TO YOUR PAPERS AND EDIT IT ACCORDING TO YOUR REQUIREMENTS AS WE HAVE THE BEST EDITORS.

INTENSIVE FORMATTING AND FEEDBACK. In our services, we provide you the by shirley jackson, proper documentation, evaluation of sources and owl thesis timeliness, authenticity and credibility for Parenthetical citation, provide proper work cited pages, Bibliographies and other reference sources. OUR EDITORS ARE HERE TO PROVIDE YOU WITH THE BEST THEY WILL SATISFY YOU AND PROVIDE YOU WITH THE PERFECT FORMATTED PAPER THAT WILL TAKE YOU TOWARDS SUCCESS. PROMINENT CLIENT’S SUPPORT. We support our client from every step. We have an experience team to by shirley theme work with you to ease your academic tasks, with several ideas. We Ensure perfection, Delivered your work before deadline, Guaranteed plagiarism free references.

OUR FIRST PRIORITY IS TO SATISFY OUR CUSTOMER AND FOR THAT WE HAVE 24/7 ONLINE CUSTOMER CARE REPRESENTATIVE TO HELP OUR CUSTOMERS. UK Study Help have created a fully transparent refund policy as we believe that honesty is the best policy. Customers are entitled to claim a full or partial refund if they are not satisfied with the work provided by dissertation handbook our expert editors. Customers can request a refund within 7 days after the order delivery under following situations only: If the customer requested the charles by shirley, first revision on the paper which came to be not satisfactory than he is entitled to request a 50% refund of the vonnegut cat's, amount paid for the order. If the customer requested Second revision on the paper and jackson essay he is still not satisfied with the delivered product than he is entitled to request a 30% of the amount paid for the order. If the customer requested Third revision on the paper and goals in life still find’s the delivered product to be not satisfactory than he is entitled to request a 15% of the amount paid for the order. Customer would be required to provide valid reason and charles by shirley jackson explanation for requesting a refund and statistics probability also proof of by shirley jackson essay dissatisfaction. UK Study Help will provide 100% refund incase delivered order by what makes essay editor was plagiarized. (Proof of plagiarism will be required) UK Study Helpevaluate each refund requests carefully as there are usually unique reasons as to charles by shirley jackson essay why a refund request is made by the customers.

Please note that if you request a refund, we may request documented proof that the what a good conclusion, quality of your order is charles theme essay, low (e.g., scan copy of your instructor’s feedback, plagiarism report, etc.). After an evaluation done by our Quality Assurance team by comparing their findings with the reasons for dissatisfaction, the necessary corrective actions will be taken. Any refund request must be made within the Refund Period. A refund request will only be entertained if it is made within seven days of delivery. Once the Refund Period elapses, UK Study Help will not refund any amounts paid. After the Quality Assurance Department has assessed the refund claim, the refund shall be made within 20 days. All refunds are made at the discretion of UK Study Help.

‘Agreement’ refers to these Terms of Service. Rackham? ‘Company’ means the entity that provides independent research and writing services to Customers according to the defined terms laid out in essay this Agreement. ‘Advisor’, is the person, who has agreed to work with the Company (UK Study Help) on what makes a good leader conclusion, set out by shirley jackson their limitations by the corporation to stipulate advisory services not above than the Company’s Regulations. ‘Editor/Expert’ is the person, who has agreed to work with the Company on dissertation handbook, a freelance basis to by shirley jackson provide research and on my goals writing services under the charles by shirley jackson, Company’s terms. ‘Customer’ is the montaigne, person who places an Order with the Company to obtain the Product according to his or her requirements and governed by the defined terms and conditions laid out in this Agreement. ‘Product’ is a document in an electronic format that is the by shirley essay, final result of Order completion. ‘Quality’ Assurance Department’ signifies the montaigne essays, part of the Company’s organizational structure with the mission to guard and evaluate the quality of Product and service provided. Agreement to Act as UK Study Help Agent for You. UK Study Help acts as an agent for by shirley jackson theme essay qualified Assignment Editing Experts to sell original work to their customers The Customer appoints UK Study Help to locate an Assignment Editing Expert to carry out research and/or assessment services to the Customer during the term of the agreement in accordance with these provisions The UK Study Help is entitled to refuse any order at their discretion and in such cases, will refund any payment made by the Customer in respect of that order. The prices and delivery times quoted on the UK Study Help’s website are illustrative. If an alternative price and/or delivery time offered to the Customer is unacceptable, the UK Study Help will refund any payment made by montaigne the Customer in respect of that order. In the event that the jackson, Customer is not satisfied that the Work meets the quality standard they have ordered, the Customer will have the remedies available to them as set out in this agreement The Customer is not permitted to make direct contact with the makes conclusion, Assignment Editing Expert — the UK Study Help will act as an intermediary between the by shirley essay, Customer and the Assignment Editing Expert. The agreement between the probability questions, Customer and the UK Study Help shall commence once the UK Study Help have both confirmed that a suitable Assignment Editing Expert is by shirley theme, available to probability questions undertake the theme, Customer’s order and have obtained payment from the Customer The Agreement will continue between the Parties until the essays, time period allowed for amendments has expired, notwithstanding the subsisting clauses stated below, unless terminated sooner by either party in accordance with these provisions. In order to provide research and/or assessment services to fulfil the Customer’s Order, the UK Study Help will allocate a suitably qualified Assignment Editing Expert which it deems to hold appropriate levels of qualification and experience to undertake the Customer’s Order The UK Study Help undertakes to exercise all reasonable skill and judgment in allocating a suitable Assignment Editing Expert, having regard to the available Assignment Editing Experts’ qualifications, experience and quality record with us, and to any available information the UK Study Help has about the Customer’s degree or course Once the UK Study Help has located a suitable Assignment Editing Expert and charles by shirley essay obtained payment from the Customer, the Customer acknowledges that the probability questions, Order is binding and no refund will be issued.

The Customer will give the UK Study Help clear briefings and ensure that all the facts given about the Order are accurate The UK Study Help will co-operate fully with the by shirley jackson theme, Customer and use reasonable care and essays skill to charles make the Order provided as successful as is to be expected from a competent UK Study Help. The Customer will help the UK Study Help do this by making available to the UK Study Help all relevant information at vonnegut cradle essays, the beginning of the transaction and co-operating with the UK Study Help throughout the transaction should the Assignment Editing Expert require any further information or guidance The Customer acknowledges that failure to by shirley jackson provide such information or guidance during the course of the vonnegut cat's cradle, transaction may delay the delivery of their Work, and that the UK Study Help will not be held responsible for any loss or damage caused as a result of such delay. In such cases the ‘Completion on Time Guarantee’ will not apply. Where the Assignment Editing Expert or the UK Study Help requires confirmation of any detail they will contact the Customer using the by shirley jackson theme, email address or telephone number provided by the Customer The Customer acknowledges that the UK Study Help may accept instructions received using these modes of contact and may reasonably assume that those instructions are generated from the Customer. Delivery – “Completion on Time Guarantee” The UK Study Help agrees to facilitate delivery of all Work before midnight on the due date, unless the due date falls on a Sunday, Bank Holiday, Christmas Day, or New Year’s Day (“a Non-Working Day”), in essays which case the Work will be delivered the following day before midnight The UK Study Help undertakes that all Work will be completed by the Assignment Editing Expert on time or they will refund the charles by shirley theme, Customer’s money in full and deliver their Work for free The relevant due date for statistics the purposes of this guarantee is the due date that is set when the order is allocated to an Assignment Editing Expert . Where a variation to the relevant due date is agreed between the UK Study Help and charles by shirley jackson theme essay the Customer, a refund is not due The UK Study Help will not be held liable under this guarantee for any lateness due to technical problems that may arise due to montaigne third parties or otherwise, including, but not limited to issues caused by Internet Service Providers, Mail Account Providers, Database Software, Incompatible Formats and Hosting Providers. The UK Study Help undertakes that if such technical problems occur with a system that they are directly responsible for charles jackson theme or that third party contractors provide them with, that they will on request provide reasonable proof of these technical problems, so far as such proof is owl thesis citation, available, or will otherwise honor its Completion On Time Guarantee in full. Charles? The UK Study Help will have no obligations whatsoever in kurt vonnegut cat's relation to by shirley jackson theme essay the Completion on Time Guarantee if the delay in the delivery of the Work is rackham dissertation, as a result of the Customer’s actions – including but not limited to charles theme where the Customer has failed to pay an outstanding balance due in relation to the Order, sent in extra information after the order has started or changed any elements of the order instructions. Kurt Cradle Essays? Delays on the part of the charles theme, Customer may result in the relevant due date being changed according to montaigne essays the extent of the charles by shirley jackson theme, delay without activating the citation, Completion On Time Guarantee. Where the charles by shirley jackson, Customer has agreed for kurt vonnegut cradle essays ‘staggered delivery’ with the Assignment Editing Expert , the Completion on charles by shirley theme essay, Time Guarantee relates to the final delivery date of the Work and not to the delivery of individual components of the vonnegut cat's cradle essays, Work.

The Customer agrees that the details provided at the time of placing their Order and making payment may be stored on the UK Study Help’s secure database, on the understanding that these details will not be shared with any third party The UK Study Help agrees that they will not disclose any personal information provided by the Customer other than as required to do so by any lawful authority, and/or to pursue any fraudulent transactions The UK Study Help operates a privacy policy which complies fully with the requirements of the charles theme essay, Data Protection Act. The UK Study Help’s privacy policy is available on what makes a good, the UK Study Help’s websites and a copy can be provided on request. The Customer may not request amendments to charles by shirley their Order specification after payment has been made or a deposit has been taken and statistics probability questions the Order has been assigned to charles by shirley jackson theme an Assignment Editing Expert The Customer may provide the Assignment Editing Expert with additional supporting information shortly after full payment or a deposit has been taken, provided that this does not add to or conflict with the details contained in their original Order specification If the Customer provides additional information after full payment or a deposit has been taken and this does substantially conflict with the statistics, details contained in the original Order specification, the UK Study Help may at their discretion either obtain a quote for the changed specification or reallocate the Order, as soon as is theme, reasonable, to a different Assignment Editing Expert without consulting the Customer. The Customer understands that this may result in a delay in the delivery of their Work for which the UK Study Help will not be held responsible. Under these circumstances, the vonnegut essays, ‘Completion on by shirley jackson, Time’ Guarantee will not be payable. The UK Study Help agrees that if the Customer believes that their completed Work does not follow their exact instructions and/or the guarantees of the Assignment Editing Expert as set out on the UK Study Help website, the vonnegut, Customer may request amendments to the Work within 7 days of the delivery date, or longer if they have specifically paid to extend the amendments period. Such amendments will be made free of charge to by shirley jackson theme essay the Customer The Customer is permitted to make one request, containing all details of the required amendments. Montaigne? This will be sent to the Assignment Editing Expert for comment. If the theme essay, request is reasonable, the Assignment Editing Expert will amend the Work and return it to the Customer within twenty-four hours. The Assignment Editing Expert may request additional time to complete the kurt cat's cradle essays, amendments and this may be granted at by shirley jackson theme essay, the discretion of the Customer.

If the UK Study Help agrees to refund the Customer in kurt full or part, this refund will be made using the credit or debit card that the Customer used to charles by shirley theme make their payment initially. If no such card was used (for example, where the Customer deposited the fee directly into the UK Study Help’s bank account) the UK Study Help will offer the Customer a choice of vonnegut cat's essays refund via bank transfer or credit towards a future order. All refunds are made at the discretion of the UK Study Help. Unless payment is taken at the time of placing an order, once the charles, UK Study Help has found a suitably qualified and rackham dissertation experienced Assignment Editing Expert to undertake the Customer’s order, they will contact the by shirley jackson, Customer by email to take payment. If, at their discretion, the UK Study Help accepts a deposit rather than the full value of the Order, the Customer acknowledges that the full balance will remain outstanding at all times and purdue will be paid to the UK Study Help before the delivery date for the Work. The Customer agrees that once an Order is paid for then the Assignment Editing Expert allocated by the UK Study Help begins work on that Order, and that the Order may not be cancelled or refunded. Until payment or a deposit has been made and the Order has been allocated to essay an Assignment Editing Expert , the Customer may choose to continue with the Order or to cancel the Order at any time The Customer agrees to statistics questions be bound by the UK Study Help’s refund policies and acknowledges that due to the highly specialized and individual nature of the services that full refunds will only be given in by shirley jackson theme essay the circumstances outlined in these terms, or other circumstances that occur, in which event any refund or discount is given at the discretion of the statistics probability, UK Study Help. UK Study Help provides well written, customer Assignment and Essay papers to the students. Essay? Papers provided are only for kurt vonnegut cat's the reference purposes to theme essay assist the buyer by providing a guideline and the product provided is intended to be used for research or study purposes.

The Customer acknowledges that it does not obtain the copyright to the Work supplied through the UK Study Help’s services The Customer acknowledges that the UK Study Help, its employees and the Assignment Editing Expert s on its books do not support or condone plagiarism, and montaigne that the UK Study Help reserves the right to refuse supply of services to those suspected of such behavior. The Customer accepts that the UK Study Help offers a service that locates suitably qualified Assignment Editing Expert s for the provision of independent personalized research services in order to help students learn and advance educational standards, and charles by shirley essay that no Work supplied through the UK Study Help may be passed off as the Customer’s own or as anyone else’s, nor be handed in as the Customer’s own work, either in whole or in part. In addition, the Customer undertakes not to carry out essays any unauthorized distribution, display, or resale of the Work and the Customer agrees to handle the Work in a way that fully respects the charles by shirley jackson theme, fact that the Customer does not hold the copyright to the Work. The Customer acknowledges that if the UK Study Help suspects that any essays or materials are being used in violation of the above rules that the goals, UK Study Help has the right to charles by shirley theme essay refuse to carry out probability questions any further work for the person or organization involved and that the UK Study Help bears no liability for charles any such undetected and/or unauthorized use The UK Study Help agrees that all Work supplied through its service will not be resold, or distributed, for remuneration or otherwise after its completion. The UK Study Help also undertakes that Work will not be placed on any website or essay bank after it has been completed. Simon Evans ( Student ) The manner UK study help has removed grammatical, spelling and different mistakes from my research paper, it modified into purdue owl thesis citation, amazing. Robert Perry ( Student ) It's far absolutely a difficult mission for me to finish my assignments until the professional consultants of UK study help. Jessica Rowe( Student ) I really impressed by the work quality provided by you in such economical price.

We stipulate editing and charles jackson theme proofreading for correction in probability style, citation, structure, grammatical issues, argument issues and context etc. The reference content which we deliver to the client is always authentic and proofread by relevant reference sources. Best Grade Guaranteed. We are here for you to fulfill your needs with your spelling, grammar, punctuation and as well as your work layout. We do not provide with any form of written papers to students. By Shirley Essay? This site is primarily built towards guiding the students in goals ways where they will be able to grasp the ideas and implement them in their own work.

You can contact us for further details. Copyrights 2016 All Rights Reserved. We Value your inquiry and consider it our Top Priority to Get Back to you soon as possible with the most relevant answer.

Order Essay Paper From #1 Paper Writing Service For Students - Shirley Jackson Short Story Analysis Activity… - University of Wisconsin - La Crosse

Browse For Homework Do My Homework | Get Assignment Help Here - Shirley Jackson Short Story Analysis Activity… - George Mason University

consumer essay This account was written in 1969 for publication in Marihuana Reconsidered (1971). Sagan was in his mid-thirties at by shirley essay, that time. He continued to use cannabis for the rest of his life. It all began about ten years ago. I had reached a considerably more relaxed period in my life – a time when I had come to feel that there was more to living than science, a time of awakening of my social consciousness and amiability, a time when I was open to new experiences. I had become friendly with a group of people who occasionally smoked cannabis, irregularly, but with evident pleasure.

Initially I was unwilling to partake, but the apparent euphoria that cannabis produced and the fact that there was no physiological addiction to the plant eventually persuaded me to try. My initial experiences were entirely disappointing; there was no effect at all, and I began to entertain a variety of hypotheses about cannabis being a placebo which worked by expectation and hyperventilation rather than by chemistry. After about five or six unsuccessful attempts, however, it happened. I was lying on montaigne essays my back in a friend’s living room idly examining the pattern of shadows on the ceiling cast by a potted plant (not cannabis!). Charles Jackson Theme! I suddenly realized that I was examining an intricately detailed miniature Volkswagen, distinctly outlined by the shadows. I was very skeptical at this perception, and tried to find inconsistencies between Volkswagens and what I viewed on the ceiling. What Makes Leader Conclusion! But it was all there, down to hubcaps, license plate, chrome, and even the small handle used for opening the trunk. When I closed my eyes, I was stunned to find that there was a movie going on the inside of my eyelids. Flash . . By Shirley Jackson! . a simple country scene with red farmhouse, a blue sky, white clouds, yellow path meandering over green hills to questions the horizon. . . Flash . . Essay! . same scene, orange house, brown sky, red clouds, yellow path, violet fields . . . Flash . . Vonnegut Cat's Cradle! . Flash . . Charles By Shirley Theme Essay! . Flash.

The flashes came about once a heartbeat. Each flash brought the same simple scene into view, but each time with a different set of colors . . . exquisitely deep hues, and astonishingly harmonious in their juxtaposition. Since then I have smoked occasionally and enjoyed it thoroughly. It amplifies torpid sensibilities and produces what to me are even more interesting effects, as I will explain shortly. I can remember another early visual experience with cannabis, in which I viewed a candle flame and kurt vonnegut discovered in the heart of the jackson essay flame, standing with magnificent indifference, the black-hatted and -cloaked Spanish gentleman who appears on the label of the Sandeman sherry bottle. Looking at fires when high, by the way, especially through one of those prism kaleidoscopes which image their surroundings, is an vonnegut essays, extraordinarily moving and beautiful experience. I want to charles by shirley explain that at no time did I think these things ‘really’ were out there.

I knew there was no Volkswagen on the ceiling and probability there was no Sandeman salamander man in charles by shirley the flame. I don’t feel any contradiction in these experiences. There’s a part of me making, creating the perceptions which in everyday life would be bizarre; there’s another part of me which is a kind of observer. About half of the makes conclusion pleasure comes from the observer-part appreciating the work of the creator-part. By Shirley! I smile, or sometimes even laugh out loud at what makes a good leader, the pictures on the insides of my eyelids. By Shirley Jackson Theme! In this sense, I suppose cannabis is psychotomimetic, but I find none of the panic or terror that accompanies some psychoses. Dissertation! Possibly this is because I know it’s my own trip, and that I can come down rapidly any time I want to. While my early perceptions were all visual, and charles essay curiously lacking in images of human beings, both of these items have changed over the intervening years. I find that today a single joint is enough to get me high. I test whether I’m high by closing my eyes and looking for statistics questions, the flashes.

They come long before there are any alterations in my visual or other perceptions. I would guess this is a signal-to-noise problem, the visual noise level being very low with my eyes closed. Another interesting information-theoretical aspects is the charles theme essay prevalence – at least in my flashed images – of cartoons: just the outlines of figures, caricatures, not photographs. I think this is simply a matter of information compression; it would be impossible to grasp the total content of an image with the information content of an ordinary photograph, say 108 bits, in the fraction of a second which a flash occupies. And the essays flash experience is designed, if I may use that word, for instant appreciation.

The artist and viewer are one. Theme! This is not to say that the images are not marvelously detailed and complex. I recently had an image in which two people were talking, and the words they were saying would form and disappear in yellow above their heads, at about a sentence per heartbeat. Rackham Dissertation! In this way it was possible to by shirley jackson theme follow the conversation. At the in life same time an occasional word would appear in by shirley jackson theme essay red letters among the yellows above their heads, perfectly in context with the conversation; but if one remembered these red words, they would enunciate a quite different set of statements, penetratingly critical of the conversation. Essay! The entire image set which I’ve outlined here, with I would say at by shirley essay, least 100 yellow words and something like 10 red words, occurred in something under a minute.

The cannabis experience has greatly improved my appreciation for art, a subject which I had never much appreciated before. The understanding of the intent of the artist which I can achieve when high sometimes carries over to when I’m down. This is one of on my goals, many human frontiers which cannabis has helped me traverse. There also have been some art-related insights – I don’t know whether they are true or false, but they were fun to formulate. For example, I have spent some time high looking at charles jackson, the work of the Belgian surrealist Yves Tanguey. Some years later, I emerged from a long swim in the Caribbean and sank exhausted onto a beach formed from the erosion of a nearby coral reef.

In idly examining the arcuate pastel-colored coral fragments which made up the beach, I saw before me a vast Tanguey painting. Probability Questions! Perhaps Tanguey visited such a beach in charles by shirley his childhood. A very similar improvement in my appreciation of music has occurred with cannabis. Kurt Vonnegut Cat's Cradle! For the theme essay first time I have been able to hear the separate parts of a three-part harmony and the richness of the counterpoint. I have since discovered that professional musicians can quite easily keep many separate parts going simultaneously in probability questions their heads, but this was the first time for me. Again, the learning experience when high has at least to some extent carried over jackson theme, when I’m down. The enjoyment of food is amplified; tastes and aromas emerge that for some reason we ordinarily seem to owl thesis be too busy to notice. I am able to give my full attention to the sensation. Charles Jackson Theme! A potato will have a texture, a body, and taste like that of other potatoes, but much more so.

Cannabis also enhances the enjoyment of sex – on the one hand it gives an exquisite sensitivity, but on makes a good leader essay the other hand it postpones orgasm: in part by distracting me with the jackson profusion of image passing before my eyes. What Makes Leader Conclusion! The actual duration of orgasm seems to lengthen greatly, but this may be the usual experience of time expansion which comes with cannabis smoking. I do not consider myself a religious person in jackson essay the usual sense, but there is a religious aspect to makes essay conclusion some highs. The heightened sensitivity in all areas gives me a feeling of communion with my surroundings, both animate and inanimate. Sometimes a kind of existential perception of the absurd comes over me and I see with awful certainty the hypocrisies and posturing of myself and my fellow men. And at charles theme, other times, there is a different sense of the absurd, a playful and whimsical awareness. Both of these senses of the absurd can be communicated, and some of the most rewarding highs I’ve had have been in sharing talk and perceptions and humor. Cannabis brings us an awareness that we spend a lifetime being trained to overlook and forget and put out of our minds. A sense of citation, what the charles by shirley world is really like can be maddening; cannabis has brought me some feelings for what it is like to be crazy, and how we use that word ‘crazy’ to avoid thinking about things that are too painful for us. In the Soviet Union political dissidents are routinely placed in insane asylums.

The same kind of thing, a little more subtle perhaps, occurs here: ‘did you hear what Lenny Bruce said yesterday? He must be crazy.’ When high on purdue citation cannabis I discovered that there’s somebody inside in those people we call mad. When I’m high I can penetrate into the past, recall childhood memories, friends, relatives, playthings, streets, smells, sounds, and tastes from a vanished era. I can reconstruct the actual occurrences in childhood events only half understood at the time. Many but not all my cannabis trips have somewhere in them a symbolism significant to by shirley jackson theme me which I won’t attempt to statistics questions describe here, a kind of mandala embossed on the high. Free-associating to this mandala, both visually and as plays on words, has produced a very rich array of insights. There is a myth about such highs: the by shirley essay user has an illusion of great insight, but it does not survive scrutiny in purdue owl thesis citation the morning. I am convinced that this is an error, and that the devastating insights achieved when high are real insights; the main problem is putting these insights in a form acceptable to the quite different self that we are when we’re down the next day. Some of the charles by shirley essay hardest work I’ve ever done has been to statistics probability put such insights down on tape or in writing.

The problem is that ten even more interesting ideas or images have to be lost in charles theme the effort of recording one. It is easy to understand why someone might think it’s a waste of effort going to all that trouble to set the thought down, a kind of intrusion of the Protestant Ethic. But since I live almost all my life down I’ve made the effort – successfully, I think. Incidentally, I find that reasonably good insights can be remembered the goals in life next day, but only if some effort has been made to set them down another way. Charles By Shirley Jackson! If I write the insight down or tell it to someone, then I can remember it with no assistance the following morning; but if I merely say to owl thesis citation myself that I must make an jackson essay, effort to statistics questions remember, I never do. I find that most of the insights I achieve when high are into social issues, an area of charles by shirley, creative scholarship very different from the purdue one I am generally known for. I can remember one occasion, taking a shower with my wife while high, in which I had an idea on charles by shirley theme the origins and invalidities of racism in terms of gaussian distribution curves. It was a point obvious in a way, but rarely talked about. I drew the curves in soap on the shower wall, and went to montaigne write the charles theme idea down. Essays! One idea led to another, and at the end of about an hour of extremely hard work I found I had written eleven short essays on a wide range of social, political, philosophical, and human biological topics.

Because of problems of space, I can’t go into the details of by shirley jackson, these essays, but from all external signs, such as public reactions and expert commentary, they seem to contain valid insights. I have used them in university commencement addresses, public lectures, and in my books. But let me try to purdue citation at least give the flavor of such an insight and its accompaniments. One night, high on cannabis, I was delving into my childhood, a little self-analysis, and making what seemed to me to be very good progress. I then paused and thought how extraordinary it was that Sigmund Freud, with no assistance from drugs, had been able to charles by shirley jackson theme achieve his own remarkable self-analysis. But then it hit me like a thunderclap that this was wrong, that Freud had spent the decade before his self-analysis as an experimenter with and on my goals in life a proselytizer for jackson theme, cocaine; and it seemed to me very apparent that the genuine psychological insights that Freud brought to the world were at least in part derived from his drug experience. I have no idea whether this is in fact true, or whether the historians of rackham handbook, Freud would agree with this interpretation, or even if such an idea has been published in the past, but it is an interesting hypothesis and one which passes first scrutiny in theme essay the world of the downs. I can remember the night that I suddenly realized what it was like to dissertation be crazy, or nights when my feelings and perceptions were of a religious nature.

I had a very accurate sense that these feelings and charles perceptions, written down casually, would not stand the usual critical scrutiny that is what essay my stock in trade as a scientist. By Shirley Jackson Essay! If I find in the morning a message from myself the night before informing me that there is a world around us which we barely sense, or that we can become one with the universe, or even that certain politicians are desperately frightened men, I may tend to in life disbelieve; but when I’m high I know about this disbelief. Charles By Shirley Jackson! And so I have a tape in purdue which I exhort myself to take such remarks seriously. I say ‘Listen closely, you sonofabitch of the morning! This stuff is real!’ I try to show that my mind is charles jackson working clearly; I recall the name of a high school acquaintance I have not thought of in thirty years; I describe the color, typography, and essays goals format of a book in another room and these memories do pass critical scrutiny in the morning. I am convinced that there are genuine and valid levels of perception available with cannabis (and probably with other drugs) which are, through the defects of our society and our educational system, unavailable to us without such drugs. Such a remark applies not only to charles jackson theme essay self-awareness and to cat's intellectual pursuits, but also to essay perceptions of montaigne essays, real people, a vastly enhanced sensitivity to by shirley essay facial expression, intonations, and choice of goals in life, words which sometimes yields a rapport so close it’s as if two people are reading each other’s minds.

Cannabis enables nonmusicians to know a little about what it is like to be a musician, and nonartists to grasp the joys of art. But I am neither an artist nor a musician. What about my own scientific work? While I find a curious disinclination to think of my professional concerns when high – the attractive intellectual adventures always seem to essay be in every other area – I have made a conscious effort to think of vonnegut cradle essays, a few particularly difficult current problems in my field when high. It works, at least to a degree. Charles By Shirley Jackson! I find I can bring to bear, for montaigne essays, example, a range of relevant experimental facts which appear to essay be mutually inconsistent. So far, so good. At least the recall works. Then in trying to conceive of a way of makes a good leader, reconciling the disparate facts, I was able to come up with a very bizarre possibility, one that I’m sure I would never have thought of down. I’ve written a paper which mentions this idea in passing. I think it’s very unlikely to be true, but it has consequences which are experimentally testable, which is the hallmark of an acceptable theory.

I have mentioned that in the cannabis experience there is charles jackson a part of what makes essay, your mind that remains a dispassionate observer, who is charles by shirley able to take you down in a hurry if need be. I have on a few occasions been forced to drive in heavy traffic when high. I’ve negotiated it with no difficult at all, though I did have some thoughts about the marvelous cherry-red color of traffic lights. Rackham! I find that after the drive I’m not high at all. There are no flashes on the insides of my eyelids. If you’re high and your child is calling, you can respond about as capably as you usually do. I don’t advocate driving when high on cannabis, but I can tell you from personal experience that it certainly can be done. My high is by shirley jackson essay always reflective, peaceable, intellectually exciting, and sociable, unlike most alcohol highs, and essays on my goals there is charles jackson never a hangover. Through the years I find that slightly smaller amounts of cannabis suffice to produce the same degree of high, and in one movie theater recently I found I could get high just by inhaling the cannabis smoke which permeated the theater. There is a very nice self-titering aspect to cannabis. Each puff is a very small dose; the time lag between inhaling a puff and sensing its effect is small; and there is rackham handbook no desire for more after the high is there.

I think the ratio, R, of the time to sense the theme essay dose taken to the time required to kurt vonnegut cradle take an excessive dose is an important quantity. R is charles by shirley very large for LSD (which I’ve never taken) and reasonably short for cannabis. Small values of R should be one measure of the safety of psychedelic drugs. When cannabis is citation legalized, I hope to see this ratio as one of he parameters printed on the pack. I hope that time isn’t too distant; the illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of by shirley jackson theme, a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world. This entry was posted on Monday, April 20th, 2009 at essays, 9:02 am and is filed under Essays, Read. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a response. By Shirley Jackson! Pinging is currently not allowed.

101 Responses to “Mr. X by Carl Sagan” For Bruce Gelman. February 22, 2016 at 5:16 pm. I would bet that a LOT of astrophysicists, and even more astrophysics students are stoners…